Will people go to Hell for worshipping on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But many put their earned money in a "bag with holes". We as a society are very generous to the poor. We even have tax funded programs for them.
"as a society">? Society IS pernicious (death dealing), wicked, sinful, not serving Jesus.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Revelation 1 Commentary

1:10 John was “In the Spirit,” meaning he was in vision, “on the Lord’s day.” The only day the Bible calls “the Lord’s Day” is the seventh-day Sabbath. Isaiah 58:13; Mark 2:28; Exodus 20:11. Of all the eight times that “the first day” [Sunday] is mentioned in the New Testament it is never called holy, blessed, the Lord’s day, or anything but a common working day.

I believe the "Lord's Day" is the end time "Day of the Lord", not Sunday or the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does weak vs. strong faith equate to denomination vs. denomination?
Every Christian denomination has a certain degree of "man made doctrine" unique to its identity. As Paul indicates, there are those who burden themselves with such matters and those who do not. He calls these "stumbling blocks" in the Body and so encourages Christians to not dispute over doubtful things.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So Jesus' death didn't change the Law? We are still to sacrifice animals in memory of his death?

As you know the ultimate sacrifice for our sins was the death of Jesus on the cross.

Therefor the sanctuary law given to Moses pointing forward to the death of Jesus was fulfilled and no longer valid for the remission of sins.

There four sets of laws that Jesus gave Moses on the mountain.
The Royal Law Ten Commandments
The Civil Law treat our neighbors
The Dietary law treat yourself
The Sanctuary law which is the only one that had the ability to be fulfilled as it was a messianic prophecy. This one was nailed to the cross.

The other three can only be kept.

Even Jesus said keep
John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
WHO was sacrificed, once for all time (I KNOW (or think I know) that you know) ..

THUS, it was the HIGH PRIEST that changed.

Hebrews 7:11-12 King James Version (KJV)

11 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hebrews 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed ... - Bible Hubhttps://biblehub.com › hebrews For the priesthood being changed
12 For the priesthood being changed,

"The apostle wants it made perfectly clear that the Lord Jesus Christ is now the only High Priest. Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession."

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As you know the ultimate sacrifice for our sins was the death of Jesus on the cross.

Therefor the sanctuary law given to Moses pointing forward to the death of Jesus was fulfilled and no longer valid for the remission of sins.

There four sets of laws that Jesus gave Moses on the mountain.
The Royal Law Ten Commandments
The Civil Law treat our neighbors
The Dietary law treat yourself
The Sanctuary law which is the only one that had the ability to be fulfilled as it was a messianic prophecy. This one was nailed to the cross.

The other three can only be kept.

Even Jesus said keep
John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

So we really don't need to "go on to perfection" by fulfilling the real intent of the law?

OC: Abstain from evil.
NC: Do what is good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elisha's Bear

Nov 24, 2019
NorthEast
✟10,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read through a lot of the comments and noted that this issue of Sunday or Saturday worship is strictly a denominational doctrine.
The only way I can see that Romans 14 supports this statement is if it means that there are denominations that are inherently weak in faith and those that are strong. Unless the statement is a claim that non-denominationalism is the only way to be faithful to God and His Word.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only way I can see that Romans 14 supports this statement is if it means that there are denominations that are inherently weak in faith and those that are strong. Unless the statement is a claim that non-denominationalism is the only way to be faithful to God and His Word.
Even non-denomination is considered a denomination. Your missing the point of Paul's message. Let's be united in Christ!
Be blessed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yea you are correct it says the Seventh day not the first day

In fact, the commandment says nothing about what day people worship on.

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy." - Exodus 20:8-11

From the beginning, however, Christians have gathered and worshiped on the first day of the week in order to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord.

"Now concerning the collection for the saints: as I directed the churches of Galatia, so you also are to do. On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come." - St. Paul, 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 (50-60 AD)

"On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the next day, and he prolonged his speech until midnight." - Acts of the Apostles 20:7 (60-80 AD)

"But every Lord's day gather yourselves together, and break bread, and give thanksgiving after having confessed your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure. But let no one who is at odds with his fellow come together with you, until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice may not be profaned. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord: 'In every place and time offer to me a pure sacrifice; for I am a great King, says the Lord, and my name is wonderful among the nations.'" - Didache, 14:1-3 (60-100 AD)

"Wherefore also we keep the eighth day for rejoicing, in the which also Jesus rose from the dead, and having been manifested ascended into the heavens." - Epistle of Barnabas 15:9 (80-120 AD)

"If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord's Day, on which also our life has sprung up again by Him and by His death--whom some deny, by which mystery we have obtained faith, and therefore endure, that we may be found the disciples of Jesus Christ, our only Master--how shall we be able to live apart from Him, whose disciples the prophets themselves in the Spirit did wait for Him as their Teacher? And therefore He whom they rightly waited for, being come, raised them from the dead." - St. Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to the Magnesians, ch. 9 (107 AD)

"And we afterwards continually remind each other of these things. And the wealthy among us help the needy; and we always keep together; and for all things wherewith we are supplied, we bless the Maker of all through His Son Jesus Christ, and through the Holy Ghost. And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together to one place, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits; then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs, and exhorts to the imitation of these good things. Then we all rise together and pray, and, as we before said, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought, and the president in like manner offers prayers and thanksgivings, according to his ability, and the people assent, saying Amen; and there is a distribution to each, and a participation of that over which thanks have been given, and to those who are absent a portion is sent by the deacons. And they who are well to do, and willing, give what each thinks fit; and what is collected is deposited with the president, who succours the orphans and widows and those who, through sickness or any other cause, are in want, and those who are in bonds and the strangers sojourning among us, and in a word takes care of all who are in need. But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Saviour on the same day rose from the dead. For He was crucified on the day before that of Saturn; and on the day after that of Saturn, which is the day of the Sun, having appeared to His apostles and disciples, He taught them these things, which we have submitted to you also for your consideration." - St. Justin Martyr, First Apology, ch. 67 (150 AD)

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"as a society">? Society IS pernicious (death dealing), wicked, sinful, not serving Jesus.

I don't think we help our poor for entirely evil reasons, although there are those who want to maintain a large dependent class, for their own benefit.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Having been on the receiving end of a Sabbatarian diatribe, yes, some seem to think that it is the mark of the "goats" who are rejected. I'm glad that Jesus saves me, not my obedience to a manufactured doctrine.
Hi, Pete. I don't know what you are meaning to say to me, but I love that turn of phrase--"having been on the receiving end of a Sabbatarian diatribe...." Good work! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes.
As others have frequently (and rarely) (perspective) proven from Scripture for centuries.

There really shouldn't be any controversy about it based on the contextual narrative.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.