Will people go to Hell for worshipping on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Then Yeshua took the Twelve aside and said to them, “Look, we are going up to Jerusalem, and everything the prophets have written about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. He will be handed over to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. They will flog Him and kill Him, and on the third day He will rise again
... "and they (the Twelve) themselves understood none of these things. And this word was completely hidden from them, and they were not having a comprehension of the things which were being spoke. "

Amen.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
See now you are just diverting. I am NOT saying HeShem is a theophoric name and you know it. I am saying HEBREW names...Joshua IN HEBREW is a theophoric name. No authorities needed. Provide a HEBREW name that uses the theophoric prefix "Yah".
Irrelevant! The rule for Theophoric names [of men] does not apply to the name of the creator "YHWH." So the fact that there are no Theophoric names of men in the T'nakh which begin with "Yah." is irrelevant to anything! What part of that do you not understand?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The fact may also be mentioned that in Samaritan poetry יהוה rimes with words similar in ending to Yahweh, and Theodoret ("Quæst. 15 in Exodum") states that the Samaritans pronounced the name Iαβέ. Epiphanius ascribes the same pronunciation to an early Christian sect. Clement of Alexandria, still more exactly, pronounces 'Iαουέ or 'Iαουαί, and Origen, 'Iα. Aquila wrote the name in archaic Hebrew letters. In the Jewish-Egyptian magic-papyri it appears as Ιαωουηε.

You do know that Jupiter was also known as "Jove"... The Samaritans dedicated their Temple in Shechem to Jupiter...Jove.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Irrelevant! The rule for Theophoric names [of men] does not apply to the name of the creator "YHWH." So the fact that there are no Theophoric names of men in the T'nakh which begin with "Yah." is irrelevant to anything! What part of that do you not understand?

You make no sense whatsoever. I can now see you have absolutely no idea regarding any of this. Theophoric Hebrew names include part of the tetragrammaton, not the other way around!

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You do know that Jupiter was also known as "Jove"... The Samaritans dedicated their Temple in Shechem to Jupiter...Jove.
No, zero, none evidence!
You make no sense whatsoever. I can now see you have absolutely no idea regarding any of this. Theophoric Hebrew names include part of the tetragrammaton, not the other way around!
Utter nonsense! I never said anything like that.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟774,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

Please keep the conversation ON TOPIC. The topic is NOT the proper name of God, Jesus, etc. Further Off Topic posts will be deleted and possibly receive a Staff Action.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since this is off topic for this thread if you wish to continue I started a new thread, "What is the proper pronunciation of YHWH." Link: What Is the proper pronunciation of YHWH?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is silly...Roman soldiers are NOT nor ever have been commanded by Jews. They were directed to crucify him by Pilate...period.

Denying the truth of the scriptures will not change it.

The governor answered and said to them, “Which of the two do you want me to release to you?”
They said, “Barabbas!”
Pilate said to them, “What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?”
They all said to him, “Let Him be crucified!”
Then the governor said, “Why, what evil has He done?”
But they cried out all the more, saying, “Let Him be crucified!”
When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it.”
And all the people answered and said, “His blood be on us and on our children.”
Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified. Matthew 27:21-26

On whose order did Pilate release Jesus to be crucified and Barabbas to go free?

Pilate: What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?”

The Jews: They all said to him, “Let Him be crucified!

Pilate:Then the governor said, “Why, what evil has He done?

The Jews: But they cried out all the more, saying, “Let Him be crucified!”

When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person.
You see to it.”

JLB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, zero, none evidence!

Evidence? It is called history. Try reading Josephus sometime too...

When Antiochus Epiphanes was harrassing Judea (ca. 168- 67 B.C.), the Samaritans at Shechem sent a letter to him disclaiming any relationship to Jews or to their God and asked that their temple on Gerizim be named the Temple of Zeus Hellenios (Jupiter or Jove in latin)...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

The governor answered and said to them, “Which of the two do you want me to release to you?”
They said, “Barabbas!”
When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it.”
Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified. Matthew 27:21-26

On whose order did Pilate release Jesus to be crucified and Barabbas to go free?

When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person.
You see to it.”

JLB

But NONE of them (Jews) actually crucified Him, BUT Pilate did, commanding Roman soldiers to kill Him...that is the historical and scriptural truth...if you can't accept that, then that is your problem. Yeshua said it...He would be killed by the gentiles. Your argument is not with me, it is with history, scripture and Yeshua Himself! I am done with you, the truth is in front of you and all you want to do is argue.

Matthew 27:
Then the governor’s soldiers took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him. They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand. Then they knelt in front of him and mocked him. “Hail, king of the Jews!” they said. They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again. After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But NONE of them (Jews) actually crucified Him, BUT Pilate did, commanding Roman soldiers to kill Him..

When morning came, all the chief priests and elders of the people plotted against Jesus to put Him to death. And when they had bound Him, they led Him away and delivered Him to Pontius Pilate the governor. Matthew 27:1-2

They said, “Barabbas!”

You see to it.”

JLB

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Evidence? It is called history. Try reading Josephus sometime too...
When Antiochus Epiphanes was harrassing Judea (ca. 168- 67 B.C.), the Samaritans at Shechem sent a letter to him disclaiming any relationship to Jews or to their God and asked that their temple on Gerizim be named the Temple of Zeus Hellenios (Jupiter or Jove in latin)..
Off topic take it to the YHWH thread.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
When morning came, all the chief priests and elders of the people plotted against Jesus to put Him to death. And when they had bound Him, they led Him away and delivered Him to Pontius Pilate the governor. Matthew 27:1-2
JLB

Your problem is that I am not disagreeing that the Temple leadership plotted it. But it was Pilate whose ROMAN soldiers actually crucified Him. They and only they PHYSICALLY put Him to death. Even Yeshua says He would be killed by the gentiles. Do yot believe Yeshua??? Name one Jew who drove the nails or peirced His side? Your argument is not with me, it is with history, scripture and Yeshua Himself! The truth is in front of you and all you want to do is argue.

Matthew 27:
Then the governor’s soldiers took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him. They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand. Then they knelt in front of him and mocked him. “Hail, king of the Jews!” they said. They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again. After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Off topic take it to the YHWH thread.

I made my points here so you can take them or leave them. I am not interested in discussing this further with someone who has no understanding of Hebrew grammar and can only post excerpts from the "Jewish Encyclopedia". BTW, you really should look into what I posted about the Samaritans...Hanukkah is next week :)

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jupiter = Jove-pater, father Jove?

...no understanding of Hebrew grammar and can only post excerpts from the "Jewish Encyclopedia". BTW, you really should look into what I posted about the Samaritans...Hanukkah is next week :)
you're more of a Hebrew expert than the Jewish encyclopedia?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
you're more of a Hebrew expert than the Jewish encyclopedia?
Exactly. I have asked repeatedly for support for his argument from credible Hebrew grammars. Crickets.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I made my points here so you can take them or leave them. I am not interested in discussing this further with someone who has no understanding of Hebrew grammar and can only post excerpts from the "Jewish Encyclopedia". BTW, you really should look into what I posted about the Samaritans...Hanukkah is next week
I will take this as you conceding that you cannot back up anything you say from any credible Hebrew grammar source, only your unsupported opinion. שׁלום לכם

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.