Will people go to Hell for worshipping on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry, but you have misread or misunderstood the verse, but then, it is traditional to misunderstand it. People are just used to misreading it that way. This verse, in no way, says that one keeping the Law is depending upon the Law for justification. If one does depend upon the Law for salvation, however, that one will definitely be disappointed.
“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.” John 1:17 (KJV 1900)

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.” John 1:17 (KJV 1900)

no Dave the law was given to Moses by Jesus Christ who spoke it to him which he wrote down.

Exodus 24:2-4 King James Version (KJV)
2 And Moses alone shall come near the Lord: but they shall not come nigh; neither shall the people go up with him.

3 And Moses came and told the people all the words of the Lord, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the Lord hath said will we do.

4 And Moses wrote all the words of the Lord, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The fourth commandment says nothing about worshipping on Sunday ...
Correct.
Note (what few see), it does say to WORK SIX DAYS. (before the day of rest).
Thus, it does say, it is written, and it was always practiced, to work on the 1st day, 2nd day, 3rd day, 4th day, 5th day, and 6th day. THEN CEASE WORK on the 7th day that is sanctified by the Creator ever since the first week, the week of Creation.

• Agree
Reactions: Tzav
Upvote 0

Elisha's Bear

Nov 24, 2019
NorthEast
✟10,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No offense, but what your really saying is you found a denomination that appealed to your own form of your own self-righteousness, that I'm assuming you think makes you righteous or gets you into Heaven also, etc...

Just saying...

I say "woe to those who find comfort in their own self-righteousness"...

That is of the law, etc...

Jesus isn't good enough for you, etc...

You need "more"... You need something that appeals to your own form of your own self-righteousness, etc... That you think makes you righteous or gets you into Heaven, etc, etc, etc...

That's what your really saying you "found", etc...

I'm sorry, but I'd rather find Jesus, or more correctly, have Jesus find me, etc...

And I'm not surprised, for that is what many are actually looking for above and beyond Jesus, I just think it's very sad is all, for the Bible says they will never find Jesus, etc... That their eyes have been blinded or shut by God so that they will never see again, etc... That it is impossible to renew them to repentance again, cause they do not see and are made to never see that they actually do need to repent again, etc, etc, etc...

Very sad indeed...

Still praying for you guys though...

God Bless!
Just saying, when you have to preface a statement with "No offense, but":

You're about to say something offensive.

No offense taken, however.
Thanks for praying for us. We need all the help we can get. And God Bless you, too. :)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Correct.
Note (what few see), it does say to WORK SIX DAYS. (before the day of rest).
Thus, it does say, it is written, and it was always practiced, to work on the 1st day, 2nd day, 3rd day, 4th day, 5th day, and 6th day. THEN CEASE WORK on the 7th day that is sanctified by the Creator ever since the first week, the week of Creation.

Good point.

A bit off topic, but there would be much less poverty if people would work that extra day, or it's equivalent.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good point.

A bit off topic, but there would be much less poverty if people would work that extra day, or it's equivalent.
Some people always have worked six days.
Did not change the poverty in the world at all. (not noticeably)
DID change what they DID for others - as they obeyed Yahuweh every day, and opened their hand GENEROUSLY to the poor DAILY. (and were KNOWN for this, even within a few months of Jesus' Ascension)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Interesting that the foretold events of the Day of the Lord all occurred on the Lord's Day.
More research apparently need.
"The Lord's Day" (in Scripture) has not happened yet.
In tradition, doesn't help.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or being eliminated, whatever.

Is that really what Sabbatarians believe?
I read through a lot of the comments and noted that this issue of Sunday or Saturday worship is strictly a denominational doctrine. Paul writes on this very issue in hopes to unite the Body through self accountability and conscience. We should take our lead from him as this was a problem then as it is now.
Be blessed

Romans 14
1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written:

As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Malachi 3:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Psalm 33:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 The counsel of the Lord standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
James 1:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Hebrews 13:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Matthew 4 King James Version (KJV)
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

So Jesus' death didn't change the Law? We are still to sacrifice animals in memory of his death?

• Winner
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Elisha's Bear

Nov 24, 2019
NorthEast
✟10,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read through a lot of the comments and noted that this issue of Sunday or Saturday worship is strictly a denominational doctrine. Paul writes on this very issue in hopes to unite the Body through self accountability and conscience. We should take our lead from him as this was a problem then as it is now.
Be blessed

Romans 14
1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written:

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.
How does weak vs. strong faith equate to denomination vs. denomination?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Be blessed

Romans 14

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.
This is a lovely and gracious verse. It puts into perspective what is most important, doesn't it?

Thank you Maria. This verse blessed me today.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting that the foretold events of the Day of the Lord all occurred on the Lord's Day.

Revelation 1 Commentary

1:10 John was “In the Spirit,” meaning he was in vision, “on the Lord’s day.” The only day the Bible calls “the Lord’s Day” is the seventh-day Sabbath. Isaiah 58:13; Mark 2:28; Exodus 20:11. Of all the eight times that “the first day” [Sunday] is mentioned in the New Testament it is never called holy, blessed, the Lord’s day, or anything but a common working day.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The Apostles never questioned honoring God's Word.
This in Romans was not at all about honoring God's Word (God's Commandments).
They never questioned (neither Jews nor saved gentiles) keeping the Sabbath -
this was not even a concern for Jews nor gentiles, as even "weak" new born believers knew to keep the sabbath 7th day, to honor Yahuweh's Word/ TORAH/ always.
============================================
QUOTE="Maria Billingsley, post: 74512566, member: 413649"]Romans 14

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.[/QUOTE

• Optimistic
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So Jesus' death didn't change the Law? We are still to sacrifice animals in memory of his death?
WHO was sacrificed, once for all time (I KNOW (or think I know) that you know) ..

THUS, it was the HIGH PRIEST that changed.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some people always have worked six days.
Did not change the poverty in the world at all. (not noticeably)
DID change what they DID for others - as they obeyed Yahuweh every day, and opened their hand GENEROUSLY to the poor DAILY. (and were KNOWN for this, even within a few months of Jesus' Ascension)

But many put their earned money in a "bag with holes". We as a society are very generous to the poor. We even have tax funded programs for them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.