Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump has turned America into an even more isolated, tinpot dictatorship than ever before. He holds unrecorded meetings with Putin to get his instructions for goodness sake.

America is more isolated and possess less soft power than it ever has- it no longer even pretends to be one good guys.

An isolated, neutered America where someone can tell thousands of lies to it’s people and be believed is America for Putin.

All Trump is doing is bringing the backroom dealings that all nations engage in with each other...into the front room for all to witness.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, there’s a lot of people with crazy beliefs about what should happen to LGBTQ folks.

I wonder where get it from.

What post are you quoting?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be saying two different things here. ????

Nope. I am at the bottom end of the 10%. Every upper middle class person is. Yet those who make more then I do pay less of their income. Now, can you answer the question? How is it that those who are taxed at a lesser rate then I are over taxed?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Not with Trump making the deals.
230114_908223010.png

• Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nope. I am at the bottom end of the 10%. Every upper middle class person is. Yet those who make more then I do pay less of their income. Now, can you answer the question? How is it that those who are taxed at a lesser rate then I are over taxed?

They pay more of their income, rate not withstanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When you say "more of", you are talking about proportions - percentages. When the value that you're getting more of isn't fixed (i.e. two different incomes), then someone can have more of their value while that actual numerical figure is smaller than another person's.

For example: If Bill and Bob both make $50,000, and Bill pays $10,000 in taxes while Bob pays $5,000, then Bill is paying both a larger value and more of his income than Bob. However, if Bill makes $50,000 and pays $10,000 in taxes while Bob makes $100,000 and pays $15,000 in taxes, Bob is paying a larger value while Bill is paying more of his income. The impact to Bill's life is greater than the impact to Bob's life - Bill is sacrificing 20% of his income, while Bob is only giving up 15%.

As a further confounding factor, after a certain point, additional wealth or income is essentially meaningless. For example, Michael Bloomberg is worth about $60 billion. You could take 50% of his wealth and he'd still be in the top 10 richest people in the world. His lifestyle would not change. There is nothing that he could comfortably buy at $60 billion that he couldn't also comfortably buy at $30 billion. You can apply this at a smaller scale for income taxes - essentially, your effective tax rate should increase as your income increases because it is easier for you to live on a slightly smaller percentage of your much larger income than it is for a person of lower income to do the same.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When you say "more of", you are talking about proportions - percentages. When the value that you're getting more of isn't fixed (i.e. two different incomes), then someone can have more of their value while that actual numerical figure is smaller than another person's.

For example: If Bill and Bob both make $50,000, and Bill pays $10,000 in taxes while Bob pays $5,000, then Bill is paying both a larger value and more of his income than Bob. However, if Bill makes $50,000 and pays $10,000 in taxes while Bob makes $100,000 and pays $15,000 in taxes, Bob is paying a larger value while Bill is paying more of his income. The impact to Bill's life is greater than the impact to Bob's life - Bill is sacrificing 20% of his income, while Bob is only giving up 15%.

As a further confounding factor, after a certain point, additional wealth or income is essentially meaningless. For example, Michael Bloomberg is worth about $60 billion. You could take 50% of his wealth and he'd still be in the top 10 richest people in the world. His lifestyle would not change. There is nothing that he could comfortably buy at $60 billion that he couldn't also comfortably buy at $30 billion. You can apply this at a smaller scale for income taxes - essentially, your effective tax rate should increase as your income increases because it is easier for you to live on a slightly smaller percentage of your much larger income than it is for a person of lower income to do the same.

Ok. Got it. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's a very valid point, all right. The president's enemies like to talk as though his policies have been beneficial to the Russians, but that's obviously untrue, and Trump has remedied the severe cuts in the Defense Department budget that were instituted under Obama, so there is no way that could benefit any would-be aggressor.
Ukraine, Syria!

Trump takes Putin's word over that of his own administration

Trump to this day still denies that Russia tried to interfere in the 2016 election

Trump has taken no steps at all to improve security of the 2020 election and has impeded any attempts to improve security.

Trump has tried his hardest to remove or stop sanctions on Russia.

Trump is trying very hard to get Russia into G9

Trump is isolating USA from global concerns and interests, removing USA from global bodies and altogether weakening the position of Western practices and values

25 times Trump was soft on Russia - CNNPolitics

It’s hard to deny that Russia is benefiting from Trump

A geopolitical earthquake has shaken US leadership in the world — Russia and China stand to benefit

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
All Trump is doing is bringing the backroom dealings that all nations engage in with each other...into the front room for all to witness.

Sort of like how he meets with Putin with no other US officials present? Are you referring to that type of transparency?

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0