Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Over taxed? In what delusional world does a rich person paying less of their income then I do over taxed?

Their tax rate might be smaller but they pay more in actual dollars. Millions of middle class folks also enjoy those low tax rates as well on certain investments.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,895.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Their tax rate might be smaller but they pay more in actual dollars. Millions of middle class folks also enjoy those low tax rates as well on certain investments.

No kidding?!? People with astronomically more money then I do pay more? Shocked am I that math is a thing.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where we are right now why should anyone take seriously the House rebuking Trump of nearly anything.

First, there is the fact that 11 Republicans broke rank in the Senate, who agreed with those sanctions. More to the point, it wasn't the first time Congress had disagreed with the President -- in 2017 the Republican controlled House and Senate both voted to stop Trump from easing Russian sanctions, with the Senate voting 97-2 against Trump.

Trump has consistently sought to lower sanctions against sanctions -- even those passed by the Republican Senate.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No kidding?!? People with astronomically more money then I do pay more? Shocked am I that math is a thing.

Yup. The math tells the story. ;)

"In 2017, the latest year with available data, the top 10 percent of income earners earned 47 percent of all income and paid 70 percent of all federal income taxes."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
First, there is the fact that 11 Republicans broke rank in the Senate, who agreed with those sanctions. More to the point, it wasn't the first time Congress had disagreed with the President -- in 2017 the Republican controlled House and Senate both voted to stop Trump from easing Russian sanctions, with the Senate voting 97-2 against Trump.

Trump has consistently sought to lower sanctions against sanctions -- even those passed by the Republican Senate.

Perhaps lowering sanctions was an olive branch play.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump is strengthening America. One would think that Putin would support a candidate that would weaken America. What's going on here? :scratch:
That is way too general. We don't want a Russian leader that would cause Russia to be weakened to the point of depression, revolution, or civil war. Trump is not bellicose, he hasn't started any wars, nor has he caused any economic depression. So no real reason for a foreign power to not want him. Trump is taking on China which has been accused of manipulating their currency, I suspect all other countries are happy that he is doing that.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps lowering sanctions was an olive branch play.

Perhaps if that were the case, he should have shared that with Republicans in the Senate. That Trump didn't strongly suggests that wasn't what was happening.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Here's a recent tweet from the President.

“The Kremlin is reportedly backing Bernie Sanders bid to win the White House.” Jon Scott @FoxNews Why didn’t somebody tell me this?

That's an interesting question. The Intelligence Agencies I'm sure by protocol are supposed to brief the President on things of national security. They did about himself but seeing he is the Commander and Chief he should have been told about the other as well. Seeing they didn't what's that tell us? That maybe there's nothing about these organizations that can really be trusted?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,895.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yup. The math tells the story. ;)

"In 2017, the latest year with available data, the top 10 percent of income earners earned 47 percent of all income and paid 70 percent of all federal income taxes."

Uh huh. I'm one of them. What does that have to do with the fact that they pay less of their income then I do?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,895.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

“The Kremlin is reportedly backing Bernie Sanders bid to win the White House.” Jon Scott @FoxNews Why didn’t somebody tell me this?

That's an interesting question. The Intelligence Agencies I'm sure by protocol are supposed to brief the President on things of national security. They did about himself but seeing he is the Commander and Chief he should have been told about the other as well. Seeing they didn't what's that tell us? That maybe there's nothing about these organizations that can really be trusted?

I don't trust his claim that they didn't tell him. Have anything but the word of an inveterate liar?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He gave the rich tax breaks because they are overtaxed.

Do the Rich Pay Their Fair Share? - Federal Budget in Pictures

Regarding the poor; we need to take a closer look at that subject.
You forgot to note that the Uber wealthy own 90% of American wealth but account for only 70% of income tax.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Probably because he fired the last guy who reported intelligence information about Russian election meddling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
America was already divided. The election of Trump just exposed it.

There have always been divisions....in any society. It's your choice to pick a leader who will encourage an exploit those divisions or strive to highlight what we have in common.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Uh huh. I'm one of them. What does that have to do with the fact that they pay less of their income then I do?

You seem to be saying two different things here. ????

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You forgot to note that the Uber wealthy own 90% of American wealth but account for only 70% of income tax.

Wealth and income are two different things in this regard.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Trump is strengthening America. One would think that Putin would support a candidate that would weaken America. What's going on here? :scratch:
Trump has turned America into an even more isolated, tinpot dictatorship than ever before. He holds unrecorded meetings with Putin to get his instructions for goodness sake.

America is more isolated and possess less soft power than it ever has- it no longer even pretends to be one good guys.

An isolated, neutered America where someone can tell thousands of lies to it’s people and be believed is America for Putin.

Upvote 0