Why Will We Worship God On The New Moon And On Sabbath In The New Earth, Why ????

Byfaithalone1

The gospel is Jesus Christ!
May 3, 2007
✟11,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mm,

We will go worship so we can see the dead bodies of the men who have transgressed against the Lord, and smell their burning, so that we will abhor sin.

Joe

Are you suggesting that this will occur in the new earth?

BFA

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mm,

We will go worship so we can see the dead bodies of the men who have transgressed against the Lord, and smell their burning, so that we will abhor sin.

Joe

Change based on "fear" of consequences rarely lasts long. Relationships which are based on fear really aren't meaningful relationships and they don't last long either....

Upvote 0

Joe67

Sep 8, 2008
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting that this will occur in the new earth?

BFA
BFA,

It is an allegory concerning Jesus, the lamb of God and the incense of his righteousness. He is the true temple in the city of God. Someone will ask him how he received the marks on his body. He will say that it happened in the house of his friends.

"Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees."

Joe

Upvote 0

Byfaithalone1

May 3, 2007
✟11,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
BFA,

It is an allegory concerning Jesus, the lamb of God and the incense of his righteousness. He is the true temple in the city of God. Someone will ask him how he received the marks on his body. He will say that it happened in the house of his friends.

"Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees."

Joe

I just want to make sure I'm following your thought process. Do you view Isaiah 66 more as an allegory and not as an indication that there will be sabbath keeping in the new earth?

BFA

Upvote 0

Joe67

Sep 8, 2008
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just want to make sure I'm following your thought process. Do you view Isaiah 66 more as an allegory and not as an indication that there will be sabbath keeping in the new earth?

BFA
BFA,

There is not an evening and morning to the sabbath in Genesis.

In the new Jerusalem there is no need for the sun, for the lamb is the light of the city.

There will no longer be time. The sun dial/shadow of Egypt has been/ is being/and forever will be finished for those who live in the city with Jesus.
Those who are with Jesus no longer live by the 7 and the 10 on the head of the dragon and the beast from the sea. Crowns are on the 7 heads of the dragon and on the 10 horns of the beast.

By faith we are living in the city with him at this present time.

The lamb standing in the midst (Revelation 5) has 7 horns (not heads) and 7 eyes. He has no crowns on either his head or his horns. This lamb is as it were slain.

The weekly cycle is not part of the new covenant obligation.

Joe

Upvote 0

Martinman

Dec 16, 2009
✟7,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
really? I wasn't aware of that criteria... as members of these forums we can and often do question everything.... especially in this particular corner...

sure we can... God is big enough to handle a few questions... its those who say they follow him that get a little nervous.....

What you have presented in response to this question seems to be conjecture when compared to the other answers submitted... does this mean that you are on the side of the deceiver?

My response is not conjecture when you compare it with the plain statements of the Bible and with the common understanding of the text by the Hebrew people, anciently and up to the present time.

The following statement shows just how vulnerable the human race is and how easy it is to align oneself with the enemy of all truth. We pray that none of us would be deceived and united with the disloyal forces.

"The law is the hedge which God has placed about His vineyard. By it those who obey are protected from evil. In transgression Adam became a law to himself. By disobedience he was brought under bondage. Thus a discordant element, born of selfishness, entered human beings. Their will and God’s will no longer harmonized. Adam had united with the disloyal forces, and self-will took the field." BLJ 50

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Isa 66:1This is what the Lord says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Could you ever build me a temple as good as that? Could you build a dwelling place for me?
Isa 66:2My hands have made both heaven and earth, and they are mine. I, the Lord, have spoken! "I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts, who tremble at my word.
Isa 66:3But those who choose their own ways, delighting in their sins, are cursed. Their offerings will not be accepted. When such people sacrifice an ox, it is no more acceptable than a human sacrifice. When they sacrifice a lamb or bring an offering of grain, it is as bad as putting a dog or the blood of a pig on the altar! When they burn incense, it is as if they had blessed an idol.
Isa 66:4I will send great troubles against them-all the things they feared. For when I called, they did not answer. When I spoke, they did not listen. They deliberately sinned-before my very eyes-and chose to do what they know I despise."
Isa 66:5Hear this message from the Lord, and tremble at his words: "Your close relatives hate you and throw you out for being loyal to my name. `Let the Lord be honored!' they scoff. `Be joyful in him!' But they will be put to shame.
Isa 66:6What is all the commotion in the city? What is that terrible noise from the Temple? It is the voice of the Lord taking vengeance against his enemies.
Isa 66:7"Before the birth pains even begin, Jerusalem gives birth to a son.
Isa 66:8Who has ever seen or heard of anything as strange as this? Has a nation ever been born in a single day? Has a country ever come forth in a mere moment? But by the time Jerusalem's[fn1] birth pains begin, the baby will be born; the nation will come forth.
Isa 66:9Would I ever bring this nation to the point of birth and then not deliver it?" asks the Lord. "No! I would never keep this nation from being born," says your God.
Isa 66:10"Rejoice with Jerusalem! Be glad with her, all you who love her and mourn for her.
Isa 66:11Delight in Jerusalem! Drink deeply of her glory even as an infant drinks at its mother's generous breasts.
Isa 66:12Peace and prosperity will overflow Jerusalem like a river," says the Lord. "The wealth of the nations will flow to her. Her children will be nursed at her breasts, carried in her arms, and treated with love.
Isa 66:13I will comfort you there as a child is comforted by its mother."
Isa 66:14When you see these things, your heart will rejoice. Vigorous health will be yours! Everyone will see the good hand of the Lord on his people-and his anger against his enemies.
Isa 66:15See, the Lord is coming with fire, and his swift chariots of destruction roar like a whirlwind. He will bring punishment with the fury of his anger and the flaming fire of his hot rebuke.
Isa 66:16The Lord will punish the world by fire and by his sword, and many will be killed by the Lord.
Isa 66:17"Those who `purify' themselves in a sacred garden, feasting on pork and rats and other forbidden meats, will come to a terrible end," says the Lord.
Isa 66:18"I can see what they are doing, and I know what they are thinking. So I will gather all nations and peoples together, and they will see my glory.
Isa 66:19I will perform a sign among them. And I will send those who survive to be messengers to the nations-to Tarshish, to the Libyans[fn2] and Lydians[fn3] (who are famous as archers), to Tubal and Greece,[fn4] and to all the lands beyond the sea that have not heard of my fame or seen my glory. There they will declare my glory to the nations.
Isa 66:20They will bring the remnant of your people back from every nation. They will bring them to my holy mountain in Jerusalem as an offering to the Lord. They will ride on horses, in chariots and wagons, and on mules and camels," says the Lord.
Isa 66:21"And I will appoint some of those who return to be my priests and Levites. I, the Lord, have spoken!
Isa 66:22"As surely as my new heavens and earth will remain, so will you always be my people, with a name that will never disappear," says the Lord.
Isa 66:23"All humanity will come to worship me from week to week and from month to month.
Isa 66:24And as they go out, they will see the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me. For the worms that devour them will never die, and the fire that burns them will never go out. All who pass by will view them with utter horror."

Footnotes:66:8
Hebrew Zion's.
66:19
As in some Greek manuscripts, which read Put [Libya]; Hebrew reads Pul.
Hebrew Lud.
Hebrew Javan.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My response is not conjecture when you compare it with the plain statements of the Bible and with the common understanding of the text by the Hebrew people, anciently and up to the present time.

The following statement shows just how vulnerable the human race is and how easy it is to align oneself with the enemy of all truth. We pray that none of us would be deceived and united with the disloyal forces.

"The law is the hedge which God has placed about His vineyard. By it those who obey are protected from evil. In transgression Adam became a law to himself. By disobedience he was brought under bondage. Thus a discordant element, born of selfishness, entered human beings. Their will and God’s will no longer harmonized. Adam had united with the disloyal forces, and self-will took the field." BLJ 50
Clearly not true as the ancient Hebrews would have no clue about what you are explaining because their point of reference was completely different.... as for the quote you cited, not from the bible huh...

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
First of all, we should ask ourselve after each verse in that chapter........ Heaven or earth.

People isolate certain text in this chapter and raise questions and debate about sabbath in heaven are mistaken about what Isa 66 is saying.
Truth is, the association is made of heaven and the COI alway being before His throne.

This is actually a prophecy about today, the last days..... God has taken people other than the Levites as preists.
This prophecy speaks of these days, because poeple from all nationality worships Him weekly and have communion of the blood of Jesus monthly.

The reference of heaven made in this chapter was only to associate two issues........ " That's heaven would all be in God presence....and "The children of Isreal" His chosen people, will be in His presence forever and would always come to worship.

Isa 66:21"And I will appoint some of those who return to be my priests and Levites. I, the Lord, have spoken!
Isa 66:22"As surely as my new heavens and earth will remain, so will you always be my people, with a name that will never disappear," says the Lord.
Isa 66:23"All humanity will come to worship me from week to week and from month to month.
Isa 66:24And as they go out, they will see the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me. For the worms that devour them will never die, and the fire that burns them will never go out. All who pass by will view them with utter horror."

The fact that death is a man's final work in the earth , not heaven, it proves that dead bodies are not seen even in heaven.
So Isa 66:23,24 is a reference of worship on earth.

The fact is, saying "one sabbath to another" implies a week of time. Then when you add to the discussion "one moon to another" it implies 1month of time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martinman

Dec 16, 2009
✟7,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clearly not true as the ancient Hebrews would have no clue about what you are explaining because their point of reference was completely different.... as for the quote you cited, not from the bible huh...

Why do you think the Hebrews point of reference is different?? when even secular Jews of today know very well what is being spoken about if one mentions the new moon or the 7th-day Sabbath?

As far as the vineyard parallel, if that is what you are referring to, the Hebrews were well acquainted with them being symbolized by the Lord's vineyard as God's prophets had been comparing them to a vineyard that the Lord had planted, even from ancient times.

Psalms 80:8 Thou hast brought a vine out of Egypt: thou hast cast out the heathen, and planted it.
80:9 Thou preparedst [room] before it, and didst cause it to take deep root, and it filled the land.
80:10 The hills were covered with the shadow of it, and the boughs thereof [were like] the goodly cedars.
80:11 She sent out her boughs unto the sea, and her branches unto the river.
80:12 Why hast thou [then] broken down her hedges, so that all they which pass by the way do pluck her?

Isaiah 5:1 Now will I sing to my wellbeloved a song of my beloved touching his vineyard. My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill:
5:2 And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.
5:3 And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard.
5:4 What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?
5:5 And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; [and] break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:
5:6 And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it.
5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts [is] the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

Upvote 0

Byfaithalone1

May 3, 2007
✟11,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
BFA,

There is not an evening and morning to the sabbath in Genesis.

In the new Jerusalem there is no need for the sun, for the lamb is the light of the city.

There will no longer be time. The sun dial/shadow of Egypt has been/ is being/and forever will be finished for those who live in the city with Jesus.
Those who are with Jesus no longer live by the 7 and the 10 on the head of the dragon and the beast from the sea. Crowns are on the 7 heads of the dragon and on the 10 horns of the beast.

By faith we are living in the city with him at this present time.

The lamb standing in the midst (Revelation 5) has 7 horns (not heads) and 7 eyes. He has no crowns on either his head or his horns. This lamb is as it were slain.

The weekly cycle is not part of the new covenant obligation.

Joe

Got it! Thanks for clarifying, Joe.

BFA

Upvote 0