✟113,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, following Jesus's edit... That's what we want to do

That only becomes a perceived edit when people have believed Pharisaic, outward, natural-minded interpretations of the Torah. It's not an edit: it's the truth, and how it was always supposed to be. The Master has corrected the understanding, not changed or edited it.

• Informative
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the HS contradicts Jesus because He is the one who spoke from Mt. Sinai and wrote the 10 commandments in stone with His finger.
No, no contradiction.

It's the same thing that's happening here

And that applies to editing - or not editing - the 10 commandments, as well.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, no contradiction.

It's the same thing that's happening here

And that applies to editing - or not editing - the 10 commandments, as well.
I still disagree with you.

Romans 11: 13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

This is a very strong warning to we Gentiles. What were two of the serious sins of the nations of Israel and Judah? The failure to keep the Sabbath day holy and idolatry. Here are two things I see in Protestantism today. Rejecting the Sabbath and worshiping the idols of personal opinion. I sincerely hope there is genuine repentance as I would hate to see anyone in the lake of fire and outside the New Jerusalem.

What do those sins signify? Rebellion. Samuel tells us this about rebellion.

1Samuel 15: 22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I still disagree with you.

Romans 11: 13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

This is a very strong warning to we Gentiles. What were two of the serious sins of the nations of Israel and Judah? The failure to keep the Sabbath day holy and idolatry. Here are two things I see in Protestantism today. Rejecting the Sabbath and worshiping the idols of personal opinion. I sincerely hope there is genuine repentance as I would hate to see anyone in the lake of fire and outside the New Jerusalem.

What do those sins signify? Rebellion. Samuel tells us this about rebellion.

1Samuel 15: 22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
God is also upset with the children of Israel for injustice against the poor

and neglecting the temple

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God is also upset with the children of Israel for injustice against the poor

and neglecting the temple
So? I said "two of the serious sins".

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So? I said "two of the serious sins".
So things that were serious sins in the past, such as not rebuilding the temple, are not serious sins today.

Thus the issue raised by the OP,
which instructions have been edited - by God - and which ones remain the same.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So things that were serious sins in the past, such as not rebuilding the temple, are not serious sins today.

Thus the issue raised by the OP,
which instructions have been edited - by God - and which ones remain the same.
So Paul's warning means nothing to you? Beware of disobedience because you're a wild olive branch grafted into a natural olive tree. If I remember correctly you still meat with the blood in it. So you're still rebellious against God's commands to you. You haven't surrendered your own opinions enough to eat kosher meat as the NT instructed us to do.

That's still rebellion and puts your salvation in jeopardy. I hope and pray you will surrender your life to God. You've been on my prayer list for months now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Paul's warning means nothing to you?
No, it means a great deal :)

Beware of disobedience because you're a wild olive branch grafted into a natural olive tree.
If I remember correctly you still meat with the blood in it.
Well, commercially slaughtered meats. However that's done.

So you're still rebellious against God's commands to you.
No, those parts of the law of Moses do not have to be kept to the letter by Christians.

Are you referring to Acts 15? Is that still on the thread topic?

You haven't surrendered your own opinions enough to eat kosher meat as the NT instructed us to do.
Which instruction are you referring to?

That's still rebellion and puts your salvation in jeopardy.
Well, it doesn't fit with your interpretation of the scriptures, that's true :heart:

I hope and pray you will surrender your life to God. You've been on my prayer list for months now.
Thanks! I'll take all the prayers I can get!

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, it means a great deal :)

Well, commercially slaughtered meats. However that's done.

No, those parts of the law of Moses do not have to be kept to the letter by Christians.

Are you referring to Acts 15? Is that still on the thread topic?

Which instruction are you referring to?

Well, it doesn't fit with your interpretation of the scriptures, that's true :heart:

Thanks! I'll take all the prayers I can get!
Acts 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Leviticus 17: 11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Leviticus 17: 11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
I think it would be better for me to respond to this over on your thread,
"Is God interested in our health?"

Edit: responded to as post #57 over there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Is there a trend toward "fixing the Bible" where a sort of pick-and-choose even in one of the Ten Commandments that is admitted to be part of God's moral law - is "up for edit" or "up for grabs"? Is that even a thing?

Sunday Keeping Pastor - about Sabbath

Compare how that video starts out - as opposed to how it ends (Note how often it appears that someone will post on this thread without watching what that pastor in the short video said in his sermon)

If you don't like something the commandment says - such as "the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)" is it ok to edit it?

What do you think?

Exodus 20:
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 For six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath of the Lord your God; on it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male slave or your female slave, or your cattle, or your resident who stays with you. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and everything that is in them, and He rested on the seventh day; for that reason the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Points to Gen 2:2-3 as the "made it holy" event in history

Gen 2:2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because on it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Ex 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the Lord hath said, Tomorrow is the rest of the holy Sabbath unto the Lord:

And for 40 years on EXACTLY the 7th day -- no manna fell. The entire nation had the "exact day" of the Gen 2:2-3 event - correct as per the LORD (YHWH).

The very day to be remembered -- is the very detail in that command of God to edit/forget/cast-aside?

Is 56:6-8 gentiles specifically singled out for Sabbath keeping

Is 66:23 -- for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL mankind come before Me to worship"

================================

This is a short OP - I am hoping that those who respond to this thread can have the time to read the entire OP.
The Sabbath requires that God be present. The commandment states that the seventh day is the day God rests and the command is that His people rest with Him etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath requires that God be present. The commandment states that the seventh day is the day God rests and the command is that His people rest with Him etc.
For all ages - prior to the cross - Sabbath was kept as even the Baptist Confession of faith Sectn 19 admits, so also the Westminster Confession of Faith Section 19, so also Leading the Way Ministries with Michael Youssef, so also R.C. Sproul, so also C.H. Spurgeon, so also D.L. Moody.

In other words it is not just Sabbath keeping groups that admit to this Bible detail.

The Ex 20:8-11 statement says God rested in Gen 2:2-3 but does not claim that God is resting now. It is that example given in Gen 2:2-3 that is provided as a sanctifying event for all mankind to follow regarding the "Sabbath that is made for mankind".

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you wanting a thread on the topic of rebuilding the temple??

Is it your claim that if saints are not supposed to take God's name in vain just as Ex 20:7 tells us not to do - then we should be concerned about building the temple in some way??

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:
Jesus condemns editing of God's Word in Mark 7 - as you seem to have asked that it be pointed out repeatedly.
Okay, so zero editing of any of God's Commandments.
Interesting that you would choose to agree with Christ in that case of Mark 7:7-13

Glad we can find agreement.

"what matters is keeping the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19
"the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus " Rev 14:12
"this IS the LOVE of God that we KEEP His commandments" 1 John 5:3
"the first commandment WITH a promise - is Honor your father and mother" Eph 6:2
God spoke the TEN commandments to Israel "and He added no more" Deut 5:22

I don't see how this is even a little bit confusing.
Yes, Ephesians 6 does talk about the 10 by implication.
Agreed.

Some things are very very easy to see.
Are you seeing Ephesians 6 as talking about editing God's commandments?
I see Mark 7:7-13 as forbidding the edit of God's Commandments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
For all ages - prior to the cross - Sabbath was kept as even the Baptist Confession of faith Sectn 19 admits, so also the Westminster Confession of Faith Section 19, so also Leading the Way Ministries with Michael Youssef, so also R.C. Sproul, so also C.H. Spurgeon, so also D.L. Moody.

In other words it is not just Sabbath keeping groups that admit to this Bible detail.

The Ex 20:8-11 statement says God rested in Gen 2:2-3 but does not claim that God is resting now. It is that example given in Gen 2:2-3 that is provided as a sanctifying event for all mankind to follow regarding the "Sabbath that is made for mankind".
Exodus 28:10, But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: Doesn't this mean God keeps the Sabbath, or maybe you think it means God owns the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you wanting a thread on the topic of rebuilding the temple??
No, I am not wanting that.

Is it your claim that if saints are not supposed to take God's name in vain just as Ex 20:7 tells us not to do - then we should be concerned about building the temple in some way??
No, that is not my claim.

Always good to have a scripture :thumbsup: A proverb today

Upvote 0