Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the OP
Is that even a thing?
I take the antecedent of "that" to be
"fixing the Bible"
That's the part of the OP I'm starting with, in part because that's how the op starts.

I wasn't planning to post anymore on this thread until I read your replies to me yesterday :) I'm interested more in exploring Christian servers on Discord, which doesn't ask for donations.

If you don't want to hear from me, the best approach would be not to reply to my posts :)

Again, peace be with you :heart:

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's an interesting way of looking at it :heart: I agree that it doesn't say that it is then clean.

But this is a law. Should it be edited for today?
I assume you are back on the topic of the thread finally.

ooops! I may have been mistaken just then.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"fixing the Bible3" That's the part of the OP I'm starting with, in part because that's how the op starts.
I see - so any topic in any chapter of 66 books where something is to be "fixed" or edited or changed or discontinued no matter that it has nothing to do with the Sabbath or the Ten Commandments

no problem - parenthesis added for those who need help knowing what the topic of this thread is.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That's an interesting way of looking at it :heart: I agree that it doesn't say that it is then clean.

But this is a law. Should it be edited for today?
I guess what we are talking about is premise, what is clean and unclean pre-existed and is not determined by Law or by the working of the covenant. How we react to or interact with the clean and the unclean is determined by Law. Only someone who chose to confront the wrath of God would edit the Law of God.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess what we are talking about is premise, what is clean and unclean pre-existed and is not determined by Law or by the working of the covenant. How we react to or interact with the clean and the unclean is determined by Law. Only someone who chose to confront the wrath of God would edit the Law of God.
If the law is not to be edited, then every wooden vessel, including church pews, would need to be rinsed with water after being touched by a man with a discharge.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I guess what we are talking about is premise, what is clean and unclean pre-existed and is not determined by Law or by the working of the covenant.
you are right that is what his derail is pushing for.

wouldn't you know that someone would derail a thread titled "example of affirming the Sabbath.." with another "lets discuss anything but the Bible Sabbath of the Ten Commandments found in the OP example"?

So predictable

• Friendly
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is there a trend toward "fixing the Bible" (specifically when it comes to God's Ten Commandments, for the topic of this thread) -- where a sort of pick-and-choose even in one of the Ten Commandments that is admitted to be part of God's moral law - is "up for edit" or "up for grabs"? Is that even a thing?

Sunday Keeping Pastor - about Sabbath

Compare how that video starts out - as opposed to how it ends (Note how often it appears that someone will post on this thread without watching what that pastor in the short video said in his sermon)

If you don't like something the commandment says - such as "the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)" is it ok to edit it?

What do you think?
If the law is not to be edited, then every wooden vessel, including church pews, would need to be rinsed
err umm... because you already exhausted all the Bible Sabbath topic in the OP and now you want to talk about all pews and wooden vessels to see if they were at some point rinsed? The "big topic of our day"?

Or is your point that we can all take God's name in vain until all pews are washed and all wooden vessels are washed?

OR is this another off-topic idea?

Why not start a thread on that favorite topic of yours in that case?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
err umm... because you already exhausted all the Bible Sabbath topic in the OP and now you want to talk about all pews and wooden vessels to see if they were at some point rinsed? The "big topic of our day"?

Or is your point that we can all take God's name in vain until all pews are washed and all wooden vessels are washed?

OR is this another off-topic idea?

Why not start a thread on that favorite topic of yours in that case?
I believe my posts were on topic.

The OP has now been edited - "Last edited: Saturday at 1:46 PM"

Peace be with you, my man :heart:

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
From the OP

I take the antecedent of "that" to be

That's the part of the OP I'm starting with, in part because that's how the op starts.
I see so you are looking to start your own topic on the subject of "any ideas that come to mind when you hear about - fixing the Bible" instead of this thread on the Sabbath Commandment.

I guess that is pretty clear to us all by now.
If you don't want to hear from me, the best approach would be not to reply to my posts :)
I see - so if I am not in agreement with off topic posts on my threads - I should ignore the attempts to derail the thread.

And I guess I should ignore it when those attempts drag others on my thread off into the off-topic woods being inserted into my topic?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I believe my posts were on topic.
I would love to find some posts of yours on the actual topic - have you read the Title of this thread "The Sabbath commandment"???
Which of your posts address the topic recently?
The OP has now been edited - "Last edited: Saturday at 1:46 PM"
Well today is not Saturday and you have provided a number of off topic posts since then.

But my edit was simply for those who could not understand that "the Sabbath Commandment" in the Title and in the OP is the topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see so you are looking to start your own topic on the subject of "any ideas that come to mind when you hear about - fixing the Bible" instead of this thread on the Sabbath Commandment.

I guess that is pretty clear to us all by now.

I see - so if I am not in agreement with off topic posts on my threads - I should ignore the attempts to derail the thread.

And I guess I should ignore it when those attempts drag others on my thread off into the off-topic woods being inserted into my topic?

I would love to find some posts of yours on the actual topic - have you read the Title of this thread "The Sabbath commandment"???
Which of your posts address the topic recently?
Well today is not Saturday and you have provided a number of off topic posts since then.
No, just one: my reply to @sparow . Then, of course, my replies to you in the last few minutes.

But my edit was simply for those who could not understand that "the Sabbath Commandment" in the Title and in the OP is the topic.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:

No, just one: my reply to @sparow . Then, of course, my replies to you in the last few minutes.
Is it fair to say from your response - that the topic of this thread is now clear to you?

Feel free to reply to this as it is on topic.

I will also offer this olive branch to you on your other ideas to this extent -

Is it your claim that when you see a thread topic on the Ten Commandments and not taking God's name in vain - that your response to the Word saying we are not to take God's name in vain -- goes immediately to "washing wooden pews"??

If so - do you have an example where you have done that on some other thread dealing with the TEN Commandments and something like honoring parents or not taking God's name in vain?? just curious.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:

Is it fair to say from your response - that the topic of this thread is now clear to you?
Your understanding of the topic is more clear. :heart:

Feel free to reply to this as it is on topic.

I will also offer this olive branch to you on your other ideas to this extent -
Is it your claim that when you see a thread topic on the Ten Commandments and not taking God's name in vain - that your response to the Word saying we are not to take God's name in vain -- goes immediately to "washing wooden pews"??
No, that is not my claim.

If so - do you have an example where you have done that on some other thread dealing with the TEN Commandments and something like honoring parents or not taking God's name in vain?? just curious.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Your understanding of the topic is more clear. :heart:

No, that is not my claim.
When considering why unclean cannot be washed, note what the Hebrew words mean, idolatrous person, shame, disgrace, foul, defiled.

• Informative
Upvote 0