• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Why there is no clear mention of trinity in the old testament?

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics' started by Godistruth1, Mar 14, 2019.

1. gadar perets

gadar perets Messianic Hebrew

+1,023
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    You are giving me the traditions of men. Such a division is not found in Scripture.

2. David Neos

David Neos Catechumen

+3,569
    Ecuador
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sola Scriptura is a tradition of men

3. Al Masihi

Al Masihi Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,852
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    You’d have to prove to me that Sola Scriptura is infact something the early Church or even Judaism teaches.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  4. gadar perets

+1,023
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    So, in other words, we can allow perverted pedophiles and wicked men to form our doctrines out of their perverted minds?

Isaiah 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
    Of course, the perverted, wicked men you build your traditions and doctrines on have changed the law (Torah) and the testimony (the Ten Commandments). There is no light in them. Their darkness continues to pervade the Catholic Church. Even to this day they continue their perverted, wicked, pedophile ways.

5. gadar perets

+1,023
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    I'm glad you recognize that the "early Church" taught that "Sola Scriptura is intact". It was the later perverted church that rejected Sola Scriptura so they could foist their false doctrines upon naive people.

6. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    God is one ... like the US is one ... like GM is one ... like my wife and I are one.

Genesis 2:24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

Trinity is an attempt to understand the nature of God.

Fortunately, our relationship with God is not dependent upon our complete understanding of His far more advanced nature.

That knowledge only BEGINS to be unveiled in the Old Testament, and, is subsequently developed, as are other themes in the Bible.

Genesis 1:26 And God said: 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness;

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7. A_Thinker

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    God is One what ?

8. A_Thinker

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    Why would He ?

Is the perfect/complete knowledge of God's manifestation necessary for relationship with Him ?

9. A_Thinker

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    Jesus said ... "My Father and I are One."

10. A_Thinker

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    Jesus said "My Father and I are One."

How does that work ?

11. A_Thinker

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    You are trying to use LOGIC to understand an unfathomable Being ...

12. A_Thinker

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

13. A_Thinker

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    The New Testament does say that EACH is GOD ...

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Acts 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. 2 And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. 3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? 4 While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.

14. A_Thinker

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    One Deity = One Godhead = All that is God

15. A_Thinker

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    Do you believe anything which has not been written ???

16. A_Thinker

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    Not biblically.

John 1 say that the WORD was WITH GOD ... and WAS GOD.

17. A_Thinker

+4,144
    Christian
    Married
    Nonsense.

I am equal (in being) to my father, ... and yet I am subject to him ...

18. Al Masihi

+1,852
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    I meant to say infact, and the verse you quoted doesn’t prove Sola Scriptura which literally means by scripture alone, where does the verse say that we are to look only to scripture as an authority on faith. I don’t even understand how Protestants or those that hold to Sola Scriptura can even use this verse when it contains nothing that indicates the doctrine of using scripture alone as an authority on faith. If the early church held to using scripture alone then you’d have to produce a single statement from any of the early Church Fathers or early Christians confirming the doctrine. Even traditional Judaism historically never accepted the concept of using scripture alone.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  19. Al Masihi

+1,852
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    What does pedophilia in the Catholic Church have to do with this discussion? As if other religious groups never get problems like pedophilia. The Catholic Church gave you the whole New Testament and the Catholic Church was and is the first and only Church Christ founded. The early Christians referred to themselves as Catholics aswell. So I’m sorry what did the Catholic Church change in the Torah and Ten Commandments?

20. David Neos

David Neos Catechumen

+3,569
    Ecuador
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I'm not Catholic, and what a pity you ran out of arguments so you need to insult.