• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Why there is no clear mention of trinity in the old testament?

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics' started by Godistruth1, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Godistruth1

Godistruth1 Well-Known Member Supporter

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    So God alone cannot be considered God or holy spirit alone can't be considered God? Who sad God is infinity. No holy spirit and Jesus were not infinite as in power and knowledge. So you saying infinity just for the sake of it.

2. Godistruth1

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    So three can be infinity gods equal to 1 because 1x1x1x1x1x1x1 is also 1?

3. Godistruth1

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    So you agree one is not like one person but like one family or one in unity?

4. Godistruth1

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    You tell me. It's ur bible which says Hear o Israel the Lord your God is One Lord.

5. Godistruth1

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    Of course it is. How can you know who God is when you don't understand his basic nature. You can go making your own interpretations of God

6. Godistruth1

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    Can you explain what it means to say my father and I are 1? Also note holy spirit is not included here.

7. Godistruth1

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    "All that is God". So you are saying God is not alone not one personality like a person who is unique in whole universe but God is One in unity or 3 deities?

8. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,197
    Christian
    Married
    That is more akin to my understanding ... yes ...

9. Godistruth1

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    I believe in facts that are spoken too that I can see and verify with my own eyes. As for God I believe only him and his prophets. Jesus never said trust John or anybody after me, neither did father nor did holy ghost.

10. A_Thinker

+4,197
    Christian
    Married
    God is One plane of existence which is unique in the Universe ... in which (3) Persons operate to fulfill a common purpose and plan.

11. A_Thinker

+4,197
    Christian
    Married
    Do you trust Mohammed ?

12. Godistruth1

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    So you agree there are three different deities who and one in unity not one single personality?

13. A_Thinker

+4,197
    Christian
    Married
    One Lord ... is, essentially, One level of governing.

And it is clear that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit ALL have a role in that governing ...

14. Godistruth1

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    I trust him because God in his holy book specifically told us that everything of religion is told to him from God and there is nothing that he speaks from himself. Now did God or Jesus or holy spirit tell to follow any of the bible writers?

15. A_Thinker

+4,197
    Christian
    Married
    What's important about the nature of God are that He is LOVING, JUST, MERCIFUL, FULL of GRACE, TRUTH, etc.

What His being looks like (an analogy) ... is not so important ...

16. Godistruth1

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    That's the basic understanding all religions have of their God. We say God can't have a son and you believe God does have a son so how can you be honestly sure who's right?

17. A_Thinker

+4,197
    Christian
    Married
    Of course ... it was Mohammed that testified to that.

Our scriptures say that every proposition must be supported by, at least, 2 witnesses. Even Christ did not, uniquely, speak for Himself.

Christianity proceeds from, at least, 40 individuals that spoke for God ...

Ephesians 2

19 Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens of the saints and members of God’s household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone.

18. A_Thinker

+4,197
    Christian
    Married
    Not claiming to have full knowledge of the Godhead, ... I will stick with the Biblical description of One Godhead ... which includes three Persons ...

19. A_Thinker

+4,197
    Christian
    Married
    God says that He has a Son ...

Matthew 3

16 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

20. Godistruth1

+145
    India
    Muslim
    Single
    It's simple logic. You would not believe in Jesus if you did not believe in Bible sale way I'd not believe in Muhammad if I did not believe in Quran. So if quran/bible says there will come prophets does not mean anyone can claim to be prophet and they can't say because bible or quran said so. The authority must always be specific.