Chicago
✟15,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Nothing in Rev 1 speaks of the second coming happening 2000 years ago. We find Rev 19 describing the 2nd coming - but that description is not in Rev 1.

You didn't understand what you was reading, all I wrote is the future, remember you're at the end of the Bible, the end of the this evil world. Let's go more into Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the
heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. This is when every eye will see the son of man (Jesus). Go back to Rev. 1:7 and the prophet I wrote. Let's take another at this event in Matthew 24:
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God bless you buddy...
Ok thanks but were you not the one that stated "your interpretation" when provided only scripture? I then asked you what was your interpretation of the scriptures provided. You did not provide any and simply ignored my questions. Anyway, as posted earlier you do not have to answer the questions asked of you if you do not want to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Ok thanks but were you not the one that stated "your interpretation" when provided only scripture? I then asked you what was your interpretation of the scriptures provided. You did not provide any and simply ignored my questions. Anyway, as posted earlier you do not have to answer the questions asked of you if you do not want to. For me this is telling enough. The scriptures provided earlier in GENESIS 2:1-3, MARK 2:27 and EXODUS 20:8-11 support my interpretation of the scriptures that was why they were provided. For me only God's Word is true and you have not provided any *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29. Thanks for the conversation.

Its ok, you go along with what you believe......

God bless you

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You didn't understand what you was reading, all I wrote is the future, remember you're at the end of the Bible, the end of the this evil world.

Rev 1 sets the context for the book - context always matters.

Rev 1
19 Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things

So John's book included his present time and also things future to his time.

So then Rev 12 -- we see the bride of Christ "the woman" in travail to bring about the birth of Christ - then Christ is born and fulfills His mission and ascends to heaven. After that the "Bride of Christ" flees to the wilderness and a period of dark ages persucution for 1260 years takes place.

And after that in Rev 13 - after the dark ages... there comes a number of events ending with the "mark of the beast".

=================

Rev 2-3 the 7 church ages from John's day -- to the end of time.

Rev 6:1-17, Rev 8:1-5 - seven seals - from John's day to the 2nd coming.

Rev 8:6-9:19 11:15-18 seven trumpets - from John's day to the 2nd coming

Reactions: Bro.T--2
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
  • Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Its ok, you go along with what you believe......

God bless you

Well thank you dear friend, but what makes you think I would do differently? For me only God's Word is true and we should believe it *Romans 3:4

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well thank you dear friend, but what makes you think I would do differently? For me only God's Word is true and we should believe it *Romans 3:4

Your interpretation you mean.

God bless you

• Agree
Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
everyone has free will -- you can choose that as you like.

But as I understand it the question/subject for this thread is not "what does each one like to do?" as interesting as that topic is.

The subject is about the term "Lord's Day" as it is used in the NT and the selection of Sunday as the Lord's Day and whether the Bible tells us that such is in fact the case.
Well, obviously, it does. I never said anything about what does each one like to do. I don't attend Mass on Sunday because I like to, although I do. I attend Mass on Sunday because Christians worship Jesus on the day we discovered that His tomb was empty. As the apostles and before them, the women did.

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Trouble is Jesse it is not biblical. There is no scripture or direction from the Apostles to do so.
But there is. What day of the week did Mary Magdalene discover the empty tomb? What day of the week did she meet our Lord in the garden, where he told her to let go of Him (hers was an act of worship...)?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The subject is about the term "Lord's Day" as it is used in the NT and the selection of Sunday as the Lord's Day and whether the Bible tells us that such is in fact the case.

Well, obviously, it does. .

Well then having 13 pages of no one quoting a text saying "week-day-1 is the Lord's Day" ... it is finally about time ... thanks for providing that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I attend Mass on Sunday because Christians worship Jesus on the day we discovered that His tomb was empty. .

So then a tradition of "week day 1 is the Lord's day" ... not a text?

Christians discovered that Jesus was crucified on Friday - and 1 Cor 11 says "26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes." --

Is this a sign that we should start a "tradition" of having the Lord's Supper each week on Friday?

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well then having 13 pages of no one quoting a text saying "week-day-1 is the Lord's Day" ... it is finally about time ... thanks for providing that.
But why must there be such a text? Why does "Sabbath" have to equal "The Lord's Day"?

Mt 28:1 After the sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning,* Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.; Mk 16:2 Very early when the sun had risen, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb.; Lk 24:1 But at daybreak on the first day of the week they took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.; Jn 20:1 On the first day of the week, Mary of Magdala came to the tomb early in the morning, while it was still dark, and saw the stone removed from the tomb.

From the Catechism:
II. THE LORD'S DAY
This is the day which the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.103
The day of the Resurrection: the new creation

2174 Jesus rose from the dead "on the first day of the week." Because it is the "first day," the day of Christ's Resurrection recalls the first creation. Because it is the "eighth day" following the sabbath, it symbolizes the new creation ushered in by Christ's Resurrection. For Christians it has become the first of all days, the first of all feasts, the Lord's Day (he kuriake hemera, dies dominica) Sunday:
We all gather on the day of the sun, for it is the first day [after the Jewish sabbath, but also the first day] when God, separating matter from darkness, made the world; and on this same day Jesus Christ our Savior rose from the dead.
Sunday - fulfillment of the sabbath

2175 Sunday is expressly distinguished from the sabbath which it follows chronologically every week; for Christians its ceremonial observance replaces that of the sabbath. In Christ's Passover, Sunday fulfills the spiritual truth of the Jewish sabbath and announces man's eternal rest in God. For worship under the Law prepared for the mystery of Christ, and what was done there prefigured some aspects of Christ:
Those who lived according to the old order of things have come to a new hope, no longer keeping the sabbath, but the Lord's Day, in which our life is blessed by him and by his death.
2176 The celebration of Sunday observes the moral commandment inscribed by nature in the human heart to render to God an outward, visible, public, and regular worship "as a sign of his universal beneficence to all." Sunday worship fulfills the moral command of the Old Covenant, taking up its rhythm and spirit in the weekly celebration of the Creator and Redeemer of his people.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So then a tradition of "week day 1 is the Lord's day" ... not a text?

Christians discovered that Jesus was crucified on Friday - and 1 Cor 11 says "26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes." --

Is this a sign that we should start a "tradition" of having the Lord's Supper each week on Friday?
I guess you forgot that we don't believe that the Bible is the only Word of God. Of course, neither do most Christians, even ones who say they do...
Catholics absolutely do have the Lord's Supper every Friday. In fact, we celebrate the Lord's Supper only on days of the week ending in -day.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ok thanks but were you not the one that stated "your interpretation" when provided only scripture? I then asked you what was your interpretation of the scriptures provided. You did not provide any and simply ignored my questions. Anyway, as posted earlier you do not have to answer the questions asked of you if you do not want to. For me this is telling enough. The scriptures provided earlier in GENESIS 2:1-3, MARK 2:27 and EXODUS 20:8-11 support my interpretation of the scriptures that was why they were provided. For me only God's Word is true and you have not provided any *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29. Thanks for the conversation.
Genesis 2 says the Lord rested on the Seventh Day. It doesn't say that this is the day we should worship him. My comment: We should worship God always, not just on the day we think he gave us for His worship. Mark 2:27 doesn't say it is the day designated for worship. Exodus 20:8-11 does suggest that we should worship Him by not doing any servile work on the Sabbath. The seventh day of the week. That's fine. But we worship Christ and what He did for us on the first day of the week.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 2 says the Lord rested on the Seventh Day. It doesn't say that this is the day we should worship him. My comment: We should worship God always, not just on the day we think he gave us for His worship. Mark 2:27 doesn't say it is the day designated for worship. Exodus 20:8-11 does suggest that we should worship Him by not doing any servile work on the Sabbath. The seventh day of the week. That's fine. But we worship Christ and what He did for us on the first day of the week.

Sure it does. JESUS says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind in MARK 2:27. The Sabbath was made in creation for mankind in GENESIS 2:1-3 (Adam and Eve). God commands us in the 4th commandments to Remember the Sabbath day to keep it as a Holy day of rest as a memorial of creation and God as the creator of heaven and earth. *EXODUS 20:8-11.

• Agree
Reactions: Bro.T--2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But there is. What day of the week did Mary Magdalene discover the empty tomb? What day of the week did she meet our Lord in the garden, where he told her to let go of Him (hers was an act of worship...)?
That is not a command to go and keep Sunday as a Holy day and abolish God's 4th commandments is it Jesse?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What the Early Church Believed: Sabbath or Sunday?

"Some religious organizations (Seventh-day Adventists, Seventh-Day Baptists, and certain others) claim that Christians must not worship on Sunday but on Saturday, the Jewish Sabbath. They claim that, at some unnamed time after the apostolic age, the Church “changed” the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday.

However, passages of Scripture such as Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2, Colossians 2:16-17, and Revelation 1:10 indicate that, even during New Testament times, the Sabbath is no longer binding and that Christians are to worship on the Lord’s day, Sunday, instead.

The early Church Fathers compared the observance of the Sabbath to the observance of the rite of circumcision, and from that they demonstrated that if the apostles abolished circumcision (Gal. 5:1-6), so also the observance of the Sabbath must have been abolished."

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What the Early Church Believed: Sabbath or Sunday?

"Some religious organizations (Seventh-day Adventists, Seventh-Day Baptists, and certain others) claim that Christians must not worship on Sunday but on Saturday, the Jewish Sabbath. They claim that, at some unnamed time after the apostolic age, the Church “changed” the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday.

However, passages of Scripture such as Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2, Colossians 2:16-17, and Revelation 1:10 indicate that, even during New Testament times, the Sabbath is no longer binding and that Christians are to worship on the Lord’s day, Sunday, instead.

The early Church Fathers compared the observance of the Sabbath to the observance of the rite of circumcision, and from that they demonstrated that if the apostles abolished circumcision (Gal. 5:1-6), so also the observance of the Sabbath must have been abolished."

Hmmm.... nope. There is no such thing as the Jewish Sabbath. There were no Jews when JESUS made the Sabbath for all mankind *GENESIS 2:1-3; MARK 2:27. Have a read of ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 20:7; 1 CORINTHIANS 16:2 and COLOSSIANS 2:16-17 not one of those scriptures teach that God's 4th commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. Sunday worship is a teaching and traditions of men that is not biblical. According to the scriptures God is calling us all out from following man made teachings and traditions back to the pure Word of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9; JOHN 4:23-24; REVELATION 18:1-5. As shown earlier in this OP there is no scripture linking REVELATION 1:10 to "the Lords day" to Sunday or the first day of the week. The only scriptures that defines "the Lords day" is MATTHEW 12:8.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm.... nope. There is no such thing as the Jewish Sabbath. There were no Jews when JESUS made the Sabbath for all mankind *GENESIS 2:1-3; MARK 2:27. Have a read of ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 20:7; 1 CORINTHIANS 16:2 and COLOSSIANS 2:16-17 not one of those scriptures teach that God's 4th commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. Sunday worship is a teaching and traditions of men that is not biblical. According to the scriptures God is calling us all out from following man made teachings and traditions back to the pure Word of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9; JOHN 4:23-24; REVELATION 18:1-5. As shown earlier in this OP there is no scripture linking REVELATION 1:10 to "the Lords day" to Sunday or the first day of the week. The only scriptures that defines "the Lords day" is MATTHEW 12:8.

Hope this helps

Lol. Guess you dont like the truth my friend.

You go along with 'your' interpretation/understanding of what scripture is saying. I will go with what i believe is the truth.

God bless you

• Winner
Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Lol. Guess you dont like the truth my friend.

You go along with 'your' interpretation/understanding of what scripture is saying. I will go with what i believe is the truth.

God bless you

Not at all. It is because I love the truth and my fellow man that is why I share the truth. According to the scriptures, God's Word is truth *JOHN 17:17. Truth is not the teaching and traditions of men that break the commandments of God according to the scriptures *MATTHEW 15:3-9

May God bless you too dear friend as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.