Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I support the nation of Israel because I believe it is the right thing to do.

By that I believe the Bible sets a precedent on how we should treat all people, but because of the nature and roots of our faith we should especially be supportive of the Jewish people that since 1948 are once again returning in numbers to their historic homeland Israel.

I don't for one minute believe that the re-emergence of Israel was pure chance, or just the dream of unbelieving atheistic Zionist Jews...rather just as G-d has used pagan nations like Assyria, Babylon, Persia etc to accomplish His purposes...so I believe in fulfillment of Scripture He has enabled Israel to once more 'live before Him'.

Scripture is very clear that the Jewish people have always been a nation before G-d, even when they have been scattered across the face of the Earth, and today the evidence of G-d working His purposes in and through them is incontrovertable....and once again the world is being 'blessed' by Israel, especially from their technological and medical break-throughs.

I don't believe the 'Church' (meaning all Believers...not any select institution) has in any sense 'replaced' Israel...indeed Paul makes the very clear distinction in Romans 9-11 that there is the 'Church', there is His Jewish people 'Israel' and there are some from within Israel that are part of the 'Church'....in fact we have often got it around the wrong way and believe a Believing Jew joins our Gentile Church (and traditions)...but the fact is that it is the Believing Gentiles who are joined to the Believing Jews...we are the wild olive branches that have been 'grafted in'.

Not everything that Israel does is good or just (what nation is)...but they are a work in progress with some terribly difficult problems...and yet they strive to get things right and improve on what isn't working...and on top of this they have to contend with world opinion being against them from virtually every-side but the US and a few Island States.

Against this back-drop, it is my passionate contention that Christians of every flavour have a moral bible-based obligation to support Israel to the best of their ability, and not to be swayed by public opinion or poor theology (however ancient)...it dosn't mean being blind to their failings...nor importing a blasé American dispensationalism...but for many Christians it means re-thinking their stance on Israel...seeing G-ds eternal love for Israel (by studying Scripture), and getting in line with what our role should be towards the brethren of the L-rd.

Cappadocious

Sep 29, 2012
✟30,661.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
God has given Israel, through his Messiah, all the nations as an inheritance. The Israel of God in the Messiah has dominion over all the world and all the ages, including the ancient homeland of Israel of the flesh. Those of the flesh become inheritors of the Promise through the Israel of God in the Messiah, or they are cut off.

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you sons of the Most High;
But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes."

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
again, Israel are the people of God. the people of God after the Messiah's Resurrection are the Church. so the Church is the Israel of God. Abraham was counted worthy by God before his circumcision. John the Baptist says that there is nothing special about being a physical son of Abraham, because if God wills, He could make stones the sons of Abraham. and, how is earthly Jerusalem referred in Revelation? and Sodom and Egypt.

plus, if it is a theological point that everyone should support Israel, and the Spirit was to lead the Apostles into all truth, then why did the support of a nation state come so recent in history? why is there no ancient support of the nation state?

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think the greatest irony of history is that the present "State of Israel" was founded by people who had suffered through the Holocaust vowing "Never again", yet they themselves treat non-Jews just as well as Hitler treated the Jews of Europe. The only difference being that Hitler was quick and efficient about it whereas the Israelis have been tightening the noose around the Palestinian neck for sixty years.

Reactions: ActionJ
Upvote 0

Zeek

Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God has given Israel, through his Messiah, all the nations as an inheritance. The Israel of God in the Messiah has dominion over all the world and all the ages, including the ancient homeland of Israel of the flesh. Those of the flesh become inheritors of the Promise through the Israel of God in the Messiah, or they are cut off.

Where do you get such a notion ...and how do you handle the Scriptures that talk of the Jewish people returning to the land that was given to them for an eternal inheritance?

Upvote 0

Zeek

Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
again, Israel are the people of God. the people of God after the Messiah's Resurrection are the Church. so the Church is the Israel of God.

It's all very well stating this mantra parrot fashion, but the mistake you are making is that the Apostle Paul clearly differentiates between those who are believing Jews and those who are not...and just because he recognizes that those Jews who believe are spiritual Israel, does not mean that the Jews who do not believe have been cast away and are an irrelevance.

Rom 11:11 I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be!

25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;

28 From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; 29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

So firstly if a partial hardening has happened to Israel...what Israel do you think he is talking about?

Secondly how can the Church (meaning all Believers) be Israel if Paul is talking about a hardening happening to Israel?

Abraham was counted worthy by God before his circumcision. John the Baptist says that there is nothing special about being a physical son of Abraham, because if God wills, He could make stones the sons of Abraham. and, how is earthly Jerusalem referred in Revelation? and Sodom and Egypt.

Yes agreed, the point John the Baptist was making was that having a physical lineage was not what made one righteous...but faith. In other words having the faith of Abraham was what counted, not being a son of Abraham.

You will have to expand your point about Jerusalem in Revelation, I don't really understand what you are implying.

plus, if it is a theological point that everyone should support Israel, and the Spirit was to lead the Apostles into all truth, then why did the support of a nation state come so recent in history? why is there no ancient support of the nation state?

Thats a good point...I believe the disciples were looking to Jesus from a physical point of view, expecting that He was going to restore the fortunes of the nation, get rid of the Romans etc...and even when He was about to ascend to Heaven that asked about the restoration of Israel..."Is it now?" Acts 1:6 So there was a recognition amongst the Jews that despite being part of a Roman Province, there would come a time as the prophets foretold, when the land would be restored to Israel.

That longing for the land has been in the hearts and prayers of the Jewish people for 2,000 years and in 1948 was realized...if that is not the clearest prophetic signpost there has ever been, then I don't know what is...I also believe it is something the Apostles looked for, but it was not given to them to know the hows and whens...even now many Christians dismiss it because it hasn't happened how they thought it would...or more likely they never really considered it.

Traditionally the early Christians were very happy to embrace theology and teachings that denegrated the Jews...vilified them, made them into Christ-killers and gave them a reason to think of the Jews as an embarrassment and an irrelevance. This is how the false notion that the Church replaced Israel came into being...In these days some are realising it is pernicious, anti-Semtic and unbiblical.

Upvote 0

Zeek

Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Enough said, I think.

Hardly.....I mean when one of the speakers says "Christianity has a 'stamp' that says 'made in Palestine" we can get the gist of the bias involved.

There are many reasons Palestinian Christians have left Israel, yes some of it is down to Israeli policies, but despite the incredulity expressed by a couple of people, Moslem persecution and intimidation is the known main cause....and I have spoken to many myself and can categorically say that the Moslems systematically persecute and threaten the Christians.

Upvote 0

Zeek

Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the greatest irony of history is that the present "State of Israel" was founded by people who had suffered through the Holocaust vowing "Never again", yet they themselves treat non-Jews just as well as Hitler treated the Jews of Europe. The only difference being that Hitler was quick and efficient about it whereas the Israelis have been tightening the noose around the Palestinian neck for sixty years.

That's just not true...sure things are really difficult, and some things that happen are not right, but to make the sort of comparison you are making is simply unbelievable...I'm not shocked, I hear it all the time, but it is absolute ejectamenta of the highest order.

Upvote 0

Cappadocious

Sep 29, 2012
✟30,661.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Where do you get such a notion
Same place you got yours, just with better interpretation.

...and how do you handle the Scriptures that talk of the Jewish people returning to the land that was given to them for an eternal inheritance?
In the New Testament?

Anyway, the Jewish people have inherited, as I said, not only Israel, but all of creation. Their claim has not been removed, rather, it has been enlarged.

And not all those of the flesh are counted among that promise:

"For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel; nor are they all children because they are Abraham’s descendants, but: “THROUGH ISAAC YOUR DESCENDANTS WILL BE NAMED.” That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the Promise are regarded as descendants."

Now, you believe that those who were part of Israel of the flesh who fell away during that partial hardening, that there is a Divine Economia (plan) for them, that some of them might be restored. I have no disagreement with that belief. I do disagree that the secular state of Israel is the grand apocalyptic restoration spoken of in the Scriptures. If it is, the Jews are sure getting ripped off.

The Scriptures never say that the old State of Israel will have a family reunion Live Action Role Play old border restoration before the return of Christ. At least not a good one. Rather, all of the nations. All or nothing.

even when He was about to ascend to Heaven that asked about the restoration of Israel..."Is it now?" Acts 1:6 So there was a recognition amongst the Jews that despite being part of a Roman Province, there would come a time as the prophets foretold, when the land would be restored to Israel.

That longing for the land has been in the hearts and prayers of the Jewish people for 2,000 years and in 1948 was realized...if that is not the clearest prophetic signpost there has ever been, then I don't know what is...

You left out the part in Acts where Jesus told them it was not for them to know.

Whoring after prophecy is the domain of those of a 19th Century Evangelical mindset.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

Adaephon

Hardly.....I mean when one of the speakers says "Christianity has a 'stamp' that says 'made in Palestine" we can get the gist of the bias involved.

Would that be reality?

There are many reasons Palestinian Christians have left Israel, yes some of it is down to Israeli policies, but despite the incredulity expressed by a couple of people, Moslem persecution and intimidation is the known main cause....and I have spoken to many myself and can categorically say that the Moslems systematically persecute and threaten the Christians.

Strange how those I've spoken to disagree with you, those who do things like 60 minutes disagree with you, etc.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's all very well stating this mantra parrot fashion, but the mistake you are making is that the Apostle Paul clearly differentiates between those who are believing Jews and those who are not...and just because he recognizes that those Jews who believe are spiritual Israel, does not mean that the Jews who do not believe have been cast away and are an irrelevance.

Rom 11:11 I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be!

25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;

28 From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; 29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

So firstly if a partial hardening has happened to Israel...what Israel do you think he is talking about?

Secondly how can the Church (meaning all Believers) be Israel if Paul is talking about a hardening happening to Israel?

because the Jews were supposed, as all men, to join the Church, which is the true Israel. so there was a group that did follow into the Church (the Apostles, those who were converted at Pentecost, etc) who were Jews. some fell away. so there was a partial hardening if some, but not all Jews, came into the Church.

Yes agreed, the point John the Baptist was making was that having a physical lineage was not what made one righteous...but faith. In other words having the faith of Abraham was what counted, not being a son of Abraham.

right and the God who called Abraham, and gave him blessings was the Father of Jesus Christ. Jesus said that if you reject Him you reject the Father. the modern nation of Israel rejects Christ and therefore rejects the Father. so, even though they say they don't, they reject the God who called them and established them in the first place.

You will have to expand your point about Jerusalem in Revelation, I don't really understand what you are implying.

if we are to theologically support the earthly Jerusalem, why does St John call it Sodom and Egypt. why does he call it, as a Jewish person to many Jewish readers, the most carnal and pagan of all places, if we are to theologically support the earthly Jerusalem?

Thats a good point...I believe the disciples were looking to Jesus from a physical point of view, expecting that He was going to restore the fortunes of the nation, get rid of the Romans etc...and even when He was about to ascend to Heaven that asked about the restoration of Israel..."Is it now?" Acts 1:6 So there was a recognition amongst the Jews that despite being part of a Roman Province, there would come a time as the prophets foretold, when the land would be restored to Israel.

so what you are saying is that the Holy Spirit did not lead them into all truth, because there is no evidence at all that they viewed Israel and Jerusalem the way that you do now.

That longing for the land has been in the hearts and prayers of the Jewish people for 2,000 years and in 1948 was realized...if that is not the clearest prophetic signpost there has ever been, then I don't know what is...I also believe it is something the Apostles looked for, but it was not given to them to know the hows and whens...even now many Christians dismiss it because it hasn't happened how they thought it would...or more likely they never really considered it.

no it hasn't. the Jews who fought for Germany during WWI saw themselves as Germans. for some maybe they wanted their homeland, but most, centuries after the diaspora, saw themselves as citizens of whatever country they were from.

Traditionally the early Christians were very happy to embrace theology and teachings that denegrated the Jews...vilified them, made them into Christ-killers and gave them a reason to think of the Jews as an embarrassment and an irrelevance. This is how the false notion that the Church replaced Israel came into being...In these days some are realising it is pernicious, anti-Semtic and unbiblical.

well the very early Christians were being killed by the Jews, so I don't think they were really having enough time to vilify them.

Christ said that the gates of hades would not prevail over His Church. He also promised the Holy Spirit to lead into all Truth, and He Himself is the Head and Great High Priest. if this is the case, why did it take til the 20th century for there to be a theological argument for the earthly Israel?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Enough said, I think.

Yes I remember watching that almost a year ago and thinking the same thing: "Enough said".

I agree.

It's sad because the OT the Israelites did the same thing. They left the oppression of Egypt, God said 'don't go back that way' and they agreed, then by the time Solomon was reigning the temple and palace had been built on slave labor and they were even conducting 'arms deals' with Egypt.

Those that don't know their history...

Upvote 0

Zeek

Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the New Testament?

In part, but mostly in the Old Testament...bearing in mind that our Scriptures include the whole canon.

Now, you believe that those who were part of Israel of the flesh who fell away during that partial hardening, that there is a Divine Economia (plan) for them, that some of them might be restored. I have no disagreement with that belief.

Yep, agreed.

I do disagree that the secular state of Israel is the grand apocalyptic restoration spoken of in the Scriptures. If it is, the Jews are sure getting ripped off.

I have found that prophecy reveals itself bit by bit, and quite often we only see in part until the next sequence of events is revealed. Many Christians make the mistake I believe you are making, in that you see the glorious restoration spoken of in Scripture, but you do not see the bits leading up to that...much in the same way that the Jews saw the Messiah as King, but did not see Him as suffering and dying...they missed out some stuff.

The Scriptures never say that the old State of Israel will have a family reunion Live Action Role Play old border restoration before the return of Christ. At least not a good one. Rather, all of the nations. All or nothing.

I think you will find that Scripture states exactly what you think it doesn't state.

Has it never seemed remarkable to you that in one day a nation comes back into being after a 1,800 year absence...that Jews flock to the land..that ancient cities rise again...that the world gets blessed by Israel in so many ways...and that the focus of world attention is on Israel

Whoring after prophecy is the domain of those of a 19th Century Evangelical mindset.

I have no idea what you are trying to imply here...it don't sound nice though.

Upvote 0

Zeek

Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Originally Posted by Zazal

Would that be reality
?

The reality is that the stamp should say 'made in Israel'.

Strange how those I've spoken to disagree with you, those who do things like 60 minutes disagree with you, etc.

I have spoken to hundreds of people both in Israel and outside...many of the Palestinians I speak to come up with fantasy stories, so it is not easy to get to the truth of the matter...but I have Orthodox friends who belong to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and have been beaten and attacked by Moslems the whole time...their reality is that they dare not say anything because they live and work amongst them, and if they try and do something or make a report their lives and the lives of their families are in danger....no Arab Christian with any sense is going to say the truth on camera so his Moslem neighbours can pay him a visit in the night...they are not quite that stupid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zeek

Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
because the Jews were supposed, as all men, to join the Church, which is the true Israel. so there was a group that did follow into the Church (the Apostles, those who were converted at Pentecost, etc) who were Jews. some fell away. so there was a partial hardening if some, but not all Jews, came into the Church.

What Church were the Jews meant to join?
What were the Jewish Apostles converted to?

right and the God who called Abraham, and gave him blessings was the Father of Jesus Christ. Jesus said that if you reject Him you reject the Father. the modern nation of Israel rejects Christ and therefore rejects the Father. so, even though they say they don't, they reject the God who called them and established them in the first place.

Lol...you can't just draw a line through Israel like that (good thing you aren't G-d, I'd have been zapped years ago).

G-d is working on and amongst His people Israel...just as the Gospel took time to spread through the 1st century, so in these days G-ds grace and mercy is once again focusing on the Jewish people....He is slow to anger and quick to forgive.

It always strikes me how easily we accept the grace of G-d for ourselves, but can easily dismiss G-d working His way and accomplishing His plans through His people Israel.....be patient, give them time, pray for them, forgive them, support them.

if we are to theologically support the earthly Jerusalem, why does St John call it Sodom and Egypt. why does he call it, as a Jewish person to many Jewish readers, the most carnal and pagan of all places, if we are to theologically support the earthly Jerusalem?

You keep mentioning this as though everything pivots around this single Scripture...before I can answer you will need to quote it and explain what you are getting at because I am still none the wiser.

so what you are saying is that the Holy Spirit did not lead them into all truth, because there is no evidence at all that they viewed Israel and Jerusalem the way that you do now.

No what I am saying is that not everything was revealed all at once...even Paul talks about seeing through a glass dimly.

no it hasn't.

the Jews who fought for Germany during WWI saw themselves as Germans. for some maybe they wanted their homeland, but most, centuries after the diaspora, saw themselves as citizens of whatever country they were from

Then you are unfamiliar with Jewish prayers...sure many Jews saw themselves as citizens of the countries they lived in, but they were always very community orientated, went to synagogue, and kept the feasts and the traditions...and prayed and talked about Israel.
Next year in Jerusalem....concluded every Passover service.

well the very early Christians were being killed by the Jews, so I don't think they were really having enough time to vilify them.

True...but afterwards the Christians even separated themselves from Believing Jews, much of it advocated through the teachings of certain men called Church Fathers...there came a time when a strong repugnant anti-Semitism invaded the Body.

Christ said that the gates of hades would not prevail over His Church. He also promised the Holy Spirit to lead into all Truth, and He Himself is the Head and Great High Priest. if this is the case, why did it take til the 20th century for there to be a theological argument for the earthly Israel?

Things are hidden...G-d reveals things in His own good time to His people..we just need to recognise His hand at work when He moves, and look to the Scriptures to disclose to us what is occuring or about to occur. So when Israel suddenly pops up again and it goes against our theology...we need to step back and reassess things, otherwise we are stick our fingers in our ears, close our eyes and ignore what is going on.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That's just not true...sure things are really difficult, and some things that happen are not right, but to make the sort of comparison you are making is simply unbelievable...I'm not shocked, I hear it all the time, but it is absolute ejectamenta of the highest order.
Let us make a few comparisons then:

Hitler walled the Jews into ghettos allowing very little in and very little out and also devastated the local economy.
Israel walled the Palestinians allowing very little in and very little out while also devastating the local economy. Just see the movie "Lemon Tree".

Hitler seized Jewish homes and destroyed them with impunity.
Israel continues to seize Palestinian homes, destroy them with impunity and, to add insult to injury, charges Palestinians for the destruction of the homes.

Hitler destroyed countless synagogues.
Israel continues to deface mosques and churches. In fact during last year's Gazan expedition Israel destroyed one of the last remaining Orthodox churches in Gaza.

Hitler allowed his cronies to walk into a village and execute with impunity without allowing the Red Cross into the area.
In Jenin, the Israelis executed 500+ Palestinians, demolished homes with children, elderly and physically disabled in them, and shot upon the Red Cross who tried to get in. In this same place the Israelis crushed the bodies of Palestinians with their bulldozers.

Hitler allowed his people to rape and humiliate Jews.
Israeli soldiers have raped Palestinians, they have stripped old men to the nude and forced them to walk in front of their entire community. They have also forced Palestinian women, including the married, to do the same.

Hitler violated internationally agreed upon borders to suite his needs and lead German colonization efforts.
Israel violated the Green Line of 1967 by building the Wall of Apartheid and continues to colonize Palestine with thugs who harass, steal from and shot upon the Palestinian people.

Do you really want me to continue?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What Church were the Jews meant to join?
What were the Jewish Apostles converted to?

well, the Church that is today the Orthodox Church

Lol...you can't just draw a line through Israel like that (good thing you aren't G-d, I'd have been zapped years ago).

G-d is working on and amongst His people Israel...just as the Gospel took time to spread through the 1st century, so in these days G-ds grace and mercy is once again focusing on the Jewish people....He is slow to anger and quick to forgive.

It always strikes me how easily we accept the grace of G-d for ourselves, but can easily dismiss G-d working His way and accomplishing His plans through His people Israel.....be patient, give them time, pray for them, forgive them, support them.

for one, God's grace and mercy pours out on all flesh, that is the Messianic Age, there is no nation that He is partial to. the Jews were called to a specific purpose, and that was to bring the Messiah. He is the seed of Abraham through whom all nations would be blessed.....ALL NATIONS. no one is saying He is not at work among the Jews because He is. I know of many who have become Orthodox.

You keep mentioning this as though everything pivots around this single Scripture...before I can answer you will need to quote it and explain what you are getting at because I am still none the wiser.

it's in Revelation 11:8. it doesn't pivot everything. however, you are saying we should spiritually support the nation-state of Israel. in Revelation, John, a Jew, is saying the capitol of Israel is Sodom (carnality) and Egypt (paganism). so we are spiritually supposed to support a nation whose capitol is about as bad as a 1st century Jew can describe.

No what I am saying is that not everything was revealed all at once...even Paul talks about seeing through a glass dimly.

yeah it was, at Pentecost. St Paul is speaking of now, still struggling in the world, to the next life where Christ and His Light will be all in all. nowhere does he hint that Jews who rejected their very God and killed Him on the Cross, can still deny Him and be saved.

Then you are unfamiliar with Jewish prayers...sure many Jews saw themselves as citizens of the countries they lived in, but they were always very community orientated, went to synagogue, and kept the feasts and the traditions...and prayed and talked about Israel.
Next year in Jerusalem....concluded every Passover service.

I can understand that, but those Jews who still longed for Jerusalem, still saw themselves at the time as citizens of whatever country they were in. and I would imagine that would depend on the sect of Judaism. I know many Orthodox Jews don't like the idea of the nation state of Israel.

True...but afterwards the Christians even separated themselves from Believing Jews, much of it advocated through the teachings of certain men called Church Fathers...there came a time when a strong repugnant anti-Semitism invaded the Body.

no, the Fathers separated themselves from the Judaizers. no problems with people who are ethnic Jews (because the first saints were Jews), but those who tried to make the fullfilled Old Law still apply to Gentiles. St Paul writes against this quite often and it's what he and St Peter got into a scrap about, and St Paul was deemed correct (St Peter fell in with some Judaizing beliefs). so no, that was not the Fathers.

Things are hidden...G-d reveals things in His own good time to His people..we just need to recognise His hand at work when He moves, and look to the Scriptures to disclose to us what is occuring or about to occur. So when Israel suddenly pops up again and it goes against our theology...we need to step back and reassess things, otherwise we are stick our fingers in our ears, close our eyes and ignore what is going on.

but the Israel that popped up does not, because it is not God's Israel, His Israel is His Church, His Jerusalem is heaven. it is not the country in the Middle East, which has no Temple and does not even follow the original borders.

Upvote 0
A

Adaephon

?

The reality is that the stamp should say 'made in Israel'.

I have spoken to hundreds of people both in Israel and outside...many of the Palestinians I speak to come up with fantasy stories, so it is not easy to get to the truth of the matter...but I have Orthodox friends who belong to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and have been beaten and attacked by Moslems the whole time...their reality is that they dare not say anything because they live and work amongst them, and if they try and do something or make a report their lives and the lives of their families are in danger....no Arab Christian with any sense is going to say the truth on camera so his Moslem neighbours can pay him a visit in the night...they are not quite that stupid.

Confirmation bias much?

Upvote 0
A

Adaephon

Let us make a few comparisons then:

Hitler walled the Jews into ghettos allowing very little in and very little out and also devastated the local economy.
Israel walled the Palestinians allowing very little in and very little out while also devastating the local economy. Just see the movie "Lemon Tree".

Hitler seized Jewish homes and destroyed them with impunity.
Israel continues to seize Palestinian homes, destroy them with impunity and, to add insult to injury, charges Palestinians for the destruction of the homes.

Hitler destroyed countless synagogues.
Israel continues to deface mosques and churches. In fact during last year's Gazan expedition Israel destroyed one of the last remaining Orthodox churches in Gaza.

Hitler allowed his cronies to walk into a village and execute with impunity without allowing the Red Cross into the area.
In Jenin, the Israelis executed 500+ Palestinians, demolished homes with children, elderly and physically disabled in them, and shot upon the Red Cross who tried to get in. In this same place the Israelis crushed the bodies of Palestinians with their bulldozers.

Hitler allowed his people to rape and humiliate Jews.
Israeli soldiers have raped Palestinians, they have stripped old men to the nude and forced them to walk in front of their entire community. They have also forced Palestinian women, including the married, to do the same.

Hitler violated internationally agreed upon borders to suite his needs and lead German colonization efforts.
Israel violated the Green Line of 1967 by building the Wall of Apartheid and continues to colonize Palestine with thugs who harass, steal from and shot upon the Palestinian people.

Do you really want me to continue?

[extreme sarcasm mode]

But EC! Those are Gods Chosen People(TM)! God gave the Old Testament Israel all that land and that of course applies to the Chosen People(TM) today too! And it's not like Israel is doing anything really bad. They have a right to defend themselves, right? And the Palestinians are all just filthy Arab Moslem invaders who all of them, even the children, just want to kill everyone, right? Israel should nuke them all! Turn Gaza into radioactive glass! That will make baby Jesus smile and start the end times! It's ok, there's no such thing as a Palestinian Christian, because if they were christian they'd support Israel unconditionally of course. And finally, Israel isn't occupying those lands they got them in the bible and besides they conquered all that stuff in wars so screw peace treaties and UN resolutions. The UN and diplomacy are tools of satan! American/Israeli might makes right because they are god's blessed nations!

[/extreme sarcasm mode]

Just thought I'd get all the absolutely insane gibberish out of the way so in his eventual response Zazel can skip the baseless assertions and maybe skip to the part where he acknowledges that just calling the Church Fathers antisemitic isn't getting him anywhere and tries to convince us that his assumptions are correct.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.