Why should the police protect protesters?

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I cast the building blocks of needed change, not "stones". If you have followed my posts you would know this.

It kinda sounded like you want the police to resort to more deliberate measures against the protesters in order to protect property. That usually leads to violence against the protesters.

Stones, sticks, baton, all the same.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Many of the protesters are probably emotional, prone to making mistakes...

You seem to be much more calm and of sound mind than them, maybe you should help them organize the protests??
I noticed that a trained professional who swore an oath and is handed weapons can't be expected to keep calm or arrest their co workers who commit crimes...

However, scared angry common people must be responsible for every member of a crowd and any inconvenience or damage.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Many of the protesters are probably emotional, prone to making mistakes...

You seem to be much more calm and of sound mind than them, maybe you should help them organize the protests??

I just did. Perhaps you could pass my suggestions on to them. When I hear of a demonstration going on in my city I catch it on the evening news. That's as close as I get. Of course the news is always as one-sided as the protests.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I noticed that a trained professional who swore an oath and is handed weapons can't be expected to keep calm or arrest their co workers who commit crimes...

However, scared angry common people must be responsible for every member of a crowd and any inconvenience or damage.

Oppress the weak and poor.. That is the way of the world.

• Agree
Reactions: Shemjaza
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It kinda sounded like you want the police to resort to more deliberate measures against the protesters in order to protect property. That usually leads to violence against the protesters.

Stones, sticks, baton, all the same.

If the protesters leave at the first sign of trouble all that is left are the hooligans. And when they start rioting and destroying property the police should respond accordingly.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
If the protesters leave at the first sign of trouble all that is left are the hooligans. And when they start rioting and destroying property the police should respond accordingly.
Nonsense.

Given that "the first sign of trouble" has frequently been the police attacking.

• Agree
Reactions: agapelove
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Totally false.

Saying nothing or "protesting" by staying out of the way would have left justice undone. The havoc of these protests has brought some serious problems with society back into view and done some good already.

News at eleven (November 3).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nonsense.

Given that "the first sign of trouble" has frequently been the police attacking.

A good reason to stay away from such protests, wouldn't you say?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I just did. Perhaps you could pass my suggestions on to them. When I hear of a demonstration going on in my city I catch it on the evening news. That's as close as I get. Of course the news is always as one-sided as the protests.

I think you should do it instead. I realized from the posts you have made, you are well-off, well resourced, and have an easy life with plenty of time for hobbies and leisure.

You definitely have lots of free time and spare money if you can sacrifice your hobbies, comfort, and leisure to help make your world a better place.

• Useful
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think you should do it instead. I realized from the posts you have made, you are well-off, well resourced, and have an easy life with plenty of time for hobbies and leisure.

God has blessed me, yes.

You definitely have lots of free time and spare money if you can sacrifice your hobbies, comfort, and leisure to help make your world a better place.

What I do now with my time, and money, is making the world a better place. No need for heroics. If others do their part all will be well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Pick a location away from buildings, especially retail businesses.
Don't advertise the time and location, except to the city officials if necessary.
If the hooligans show up immediately end the demonstration and disband.

All this is very difficult to do in this digital age.

*But, yeah, it's worth a try.

• Friendly
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What I do now with all my time, and money, is making the world a better place. No need for heroics.

Sacrificing comfort, leisure, and hobbies is not heroics.

Heroics is catching a bullet for someone.

If you don't like heroics, you can certainly sacrifice other things that would usually suffice.

WE got to something MORE. ELSE, our indifference would eventually rob us naked, literally.

You can't have a peaceful future without sacrifice now. Everything comes at a cost. Even peace is bought at a cost. It ain't free.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Standing by while the protesters burn the city down? Perhaps they need a better plan, like standing between the protestors and private property.
That would resolve the problem it if was the protestors who were the problem, but they are not. We have at least 4 groups out there, we have the police or national guard, the protestors, the agitators, and the looters. The protestors are being used as a shield for the agitators and as a diversion by the looters. Maybe we need to change tactics and stop blocking the protestors, go to small squads of police that can respond quickly to arrest the agitators and looters. It is a small group that is causing all the problems, not the protestors.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
News at eleven (November 3).

So, the protests work... but you think they shouldn't.

A good reason to stay away from such protests, wouldn't you say?

No, it makes them dangerous... but it also demonstrates a great injustice in society. Personally I admire people who risk their personal safety to fight injustice.

All this is very difficult to do in this digital age.

*But, yeah, it's worth a try.

An out of the way protest that didn't inconvenience anyone or come to the attention of the general public wouldn't achieve anything.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
An out of the way protest that didn't inconvenience anyone or come to the attention of the general public wouldn't achieve anything.

Well the reason I brought up the digital age is because, with everyone clicking away on social media and taking selfies and stuff, the protests would be quickly located and made widely public regardless. So, I think it may achieve a statement being made that these protesters are responsible citizens. It could be an "in good faith" gesture, showing that they have cooler heads than law enforcement.

"Humility before honor."

*And if law enforcement decides to go and jam them up it can be a pivotal, "I told you so" moment.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The police have protected the weak, stood against murderers, thieves, con artists, rapists, prostitutes, molesters, etc.

It is prejudiced to blame all police for the crimes of a few of them.

Arsonists, looters and vandals will be prosecuted.
Video evidence will likely be key in deciding whether to prosecute looting, arson

Wonder why Jesus stood for these sinners but not for the "self-righteous" do gooders (just because they don't do any crime, they have their say what needs to be done).

You won't hear this preached in churches.....

But I tell you why... Because these self-righteous do-gooders decided to use the riches God entrusted to them for their leisure, comfort - in this fallen world - instead of using those riches to help those who also call on the Lord in their time of need.

References: Matthew 24:45-51, Luke 6:20-26

Greed (the love of money) is the root of all evil...

If you really don't love money, why didn't you use it to help those in need, instead of using them for your comfort and leisure.

Greed leads to social inequality (google social inequality) and a very large social inequality leads to lack of peace in a country. Those that God entrusted much resources are probably the most accountable in this mess.

• Useful
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wonder why Jesus stood for these sinners but not for the "self-righteous" do gooders (just because they don't do any crime, they have their say what needs to be done).

You won't hear this preached in churches.....

But I tell you why... Because these self-righteous do-gooders decided to use the riches God entrusted to them for their leisure, comfort - in this fallen world - instead of using those riches to help those who also call on the Lord in their time of need.

References: Matthew 24:45-51, Luke 6:20-26

Greed (the love of money) is the root of all evil...

If you really don't love money, why didn't you use it to help those in need, instead of using them for your comfort and leisure.

Greed leads to social inequality (google social inequality) and a very large social inequality leads to lack of peace in a country. Those that God entrusted much resources are probably the most accountable in this mess.
Poverty will not make a man righteous. Money will not make a man righteous. Obeying God makes righteous.

The Marxists gained power in Venezuela. They have the largest oil reserves in the world. There are gasoline shortages in Venezuela. Venezuela is among the poorest nations in the Western Hemisphere. They preached about the sins of the rich not caring for the poor. They seized companies. They printed more money until inflation wrecked the widow’s savings.

If you want wealth you may need to learn diligence and essential job skills, then you might help the poor against all you wants of more money.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
The police have protected the weak, stood against murderers, thieves, con artists, rapists, prostitutes, molesters, etc.

It is prejudiced to blame all police for the crimes of a few of them.

Arsonists, looters and vandals will be prosecuted.
Video evidence will likely be key in deciding whether to prosecute looting, arson

I don't blame all of them... but in seeing very poor evidence that they, as an organisation, can be trusted to police themselves.

Had there been any consequences for the violence of the last few days?

Have any police been arrested by their co workers without the world needing to see the video footage first?

Upvote 0