Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obama supported Al Qaeda-linked rebels in Libya and what did he have to show for it other than the murder of our ambassador? Now he wants the American people to support Al Qaeda-linked rebels in Syria.

Al-Qaeda Links Cloud Syria as U.S. Seeks Clarity on Rebels - Bloomberg

» Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Obama is not the first president to use Al Qaeda for his political ends. Reagan used bin Laden in what later became Al Qaeda in the Russian-Afghan war and Clinton later collaborated with Al Qaeda in the Balkans.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2004/06/reagans_osama_connection.html

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/GNW409A.html

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟20,609.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Their continued existence gives Washington a free pass to get away with doing nasty things on the foreign policy front and to spy on the American people. Maybe they don't want to get rid of them too soon while they can still squeeze some political capital out of the threat.

Upvote 0

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please keep in mind, I am not sharing some wild conspiracy theories. It is widely known among people who closely follow the mainstream news that Syrian and Libyan rebels are/were either members of Al Qaeda or linked to and actively supported by Al Qaeda.

Upvote 0

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
obama might be the worst political disappointment in american history. he ran as the savior of america only to continue or worsen the policies of his predecessor. whatever good he's done, such as increasing assistance for the poor during a recession, is what any democratic president would do. the idea that he was to be a transformative figure, a "lightworker," was completely bogus.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please keep in mind, I am not sharing some wild conspiracy theories. It is widely known among people who closely follow the mainstream news that *SOME* Syrian and Libyan rebels are/were either members of Al Qaeda or linked to and actively supported by Al Qaeda.

...correction.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Obama supported Al Qaeda-linked rebels in Libya and what did he have to show for it other than the murder of our ambassador? Now he wants the American people to support Al Qaeda-linked rebels in Syria.

Al-Qaeda Links Cloud Syria as U.S. Seeks Clarity on Rebels - Bloomberg

» Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Obama is not the first president to use Al Qaeda for his political ends. Reagan used bin Laden in what later became Al Qaeda in the Russian-Afghan war and Clinton later collaborated with Al Qaeda in the Balkans.

How Reagan made a terrorist kingpin of Osama. - Slate Magazine

Clinton Administration collaborated with Al Qaeda in the Balkans

For a good review:

'

Whether folks like it or not, there've ALWAYS been people OUTSIDE of group boundary divides that work together - regardless of the images they place up - and this has been present in politics for decades. So much of what goes down today - even with others choosing to take on roles - is scripted (like the film "Wag the Dog" ) and we seem shocked by it. We shouldn't....

There will never be any changing of the bottom line fact that we already have ignored in the U.S the many ways in which we helped to create the problems that exist in Syria - and sad to say, we've chosen to ignore those who are suffering because of the sides we're choosing to fund ....

For the Christians and so many others harmed extensively, I grieve ....

Image of the Copts praying in Chuch after burning

1186852_585228601520646_1584472766_n.jpg

As another noted best:
You can burn our churches, but you can't burn our faith ...May God have mercy on the Muslim brotherhood. Keep praying for our brothers & sisters in Egypt.
"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears,
And delivers them out of all their troubles." -Psalm 34:17

545207_495929103824964_1082958382_n.jpg

552645_496064503811424_793140613_n.jpg

1148862_10151763362794356_215593225_n.jpg

996576_612845255413452_1862931787_n.jpg

944799_496025750481966_75389025_n.jpg

644294_612553542123121_404201508_n.jpg

1187191_495961473821727_2072044531_n.jpg

Interestingly enough, when considering how so much of the devestation there occurred due to the U.S intervening, it's hard not to think on where WE need prayer as well as those who are persecuting believers (as well as Muslims ) when it comes to the Islamist rise to power.....and how many in the U.S have condemned it while not thinking that we had a hand in it.

Months ago, I came across an interesting article by way of one of my sisters in Christ - and it was intriguing to consider, even though I don't believe for one second that the President is a Muslim nor do I believe that it requires the man being Muslim to do many of the actions he has done and have shared elsewhere on that (more here/here and here in #46, #90 and #202 ) - for I do see it where he has supported their causes as well as Christian ones selectively - and is very pragmatic/seemingly for Utilitarianism.

But the article itself I'm speaking of was a fascinating read, and it doesn't seemed unreasonable either when seeing the re-creation of the Ottoman Empire with U.S Intervention - particularly when seeing how the pattern seen in ‘Arab Spring’ interventions began in Balkans in 1990s....more shared at Kosovo | There Must be Justice:​

__________________​

[/quote]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would find it hard to believe that everyone in the rebels are Islamist. There are simply plenty of people who are fed up with the way the system is disproportionately favoring a few, a few who happen to be the same religious leanings as the ruling party. Economic equality has grown rapidly, and led to massive discontent.

Upvote 0

CarlosTomy

Aug 31, 2013
✟725.00
Faith
Atheist

Could it POSSIBLY be that Obama sees in Syria what the rest of the world sees: a ruthless dictator slaughtering his own people and now possibly using chemical weapons against them?

I'm not in favor of America getting into another quagmire or mess, but this ISN'T some case of Obama supporting Al Qaeda as if that is the goal.

Obama made a bellicose remark and now if he DOESN'T do something the RIght will call him "weak" and if he does something he will be called a warmonger (often by the very same right wingers...)

Frankly we could just leave it all alone and watch more of the Middle East descend into hell but we probably aren't going to do that.

This isn't some ploy to "support" Al Qaeda. Yeah, Al Qaeda may benefit from the mess but the goal isn't to support radical islamists. The goal is to maybe try to stop the senseless slaughter of innocent people.

Can we PLEASE get off this meme that Obama is somehow aligned with radical islam? Please?

You do realize that it is a RIDICULOUS and not even marginally rational conspiracy theory, right? A good conspiracy theory SHOULD AT LEAST MAKE SENSE. This doesn't.

Upvote 0

Yoder777

Senior Veteran
Nov 11, 2010
✟22,581.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Could it POSSIBLY be that Obama sees in Syria what the rest of the world sees: a ruthless dictator slaughtering his own people and now possibly using chemical weapons against them?

I'm not in favor of America getting into another quagmire or mess, but this ISN'T some case of Obama supporting Al Qaeda as if that is the goal.

Obama made a bellicose remark and now if he DOESN'T do something the RIght will call him "weak" and if he does something he will be called a warmonger (often by the very same right wingers...)

Frankly we could just leave it all alone and watch more of the Middle East descend into hell but we probably aren't going to do that.

This isn't some ploy to "support" Al Qaeda. Yeah, Al Qaeda may benefit from the mess but the goal isn't to support radical islamists. The goal is to maybe try to stop the senseless slaughter of innocent people.

Can we PLEASE get off this meme that Obama is somehow aligned with radical islam? Please?

You do realize that it is a RIDICULOUS and not even marginally rational conspiracy theory, right? A good conspiracy theory SHOULD AT LEAST MAKE SENSE. This doesn't.

Supporting the rebels in Syria would benefit Al Qaeda, either directly or indirectly. Can you please give any evidence that supporting the rebels in Syria won't turn out to be just as much of a disaster as Obama's support of the rebels in Libya?

I do not believe that Obama is an Islamic extremist but his policies do benefit Islamists, just as Reagan and Clinton's policies benefited Islamists. The fact of the matter is that Syrian rebels are just as ruthless in killing innocent people as the Assad regime and it may have been the rebels that used chemical weapons and now Obama is using it as a pretext for war.

Anyone who follows the mainstream media closely enough should know that Syrian rebels are linked to Al Qaeda, just as Libyan rebels were. By supporting the rebels, Obama would be supporting Al Qaeda, whether directly or indirectly.

This isn't the first time in American history in which we've pledged military aid in a conflict for which both sides were at fault and there was no clear "good guy" on either side.

Upvote 0
B

BelievingIsObeying

Yoder777 said:
Please keep in mind, I am not sharing some wild conspiracy theories. It is widely known among people who closely follow the mainstream news that Syrian and Libyan rebels are/were either members of Al Qaeda or linked to and actively supported by Al Qaeda.

Nearly everything on the mainstream news, or any media, is wild conspiracy theories or at least truths that has been twisted into lies.. They love that freedom of speech.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's too simple minded to say Obama merely wants to support al-Qaeda or that he originated the idea. This especially in view of the fact that the links shown establish support for AQ started with Reagan. But it is a fact that if the USA invades Syria AQ and its affiliates such as al-Nusra will be the main beneficiaries. This is what the pro war crowd wants as it will generate much profits for them. Naturally, it follows that Israel wants it as well as it will necessitate more financial support for its government.

Interestingly, the majority of Americans who oppose further expansion of the wars come from both parties and all sides of the political aisle. Therefore, as patriotic Americans it is up to you to write to your political representatives and DEMAND that we refuse Obama's request for war intrusionism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The honest truth is that even the ones not supported by Al Qaeda are made up of Islamic extremists.

And what is Assad? An Altar Boy?

I really do wish foreign policy was as simple as "Help the good guys beat up the bad guys," but the reality is, it's never that simple. Sometimes the bad guys benefit when you take on the worse guys.

Both the US and Al Qaeda have something to gain from taking out Assad -- don't expect their reasons to be altruistic; do expect them to be self-serving.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
obama might be the worst political disappointment in american history. he ran as the savior of america only to continue or worsen the policies of his predecessor. whatever good he's done, such as increasing assistance for the poor during a recession, is what any democratic president would do. the idea that he was to be a transformative figure, a "lightworker," was completely bogus.

Obama is likely one of the best "campaigners" I can ever recall when it comes to politicians. He can wiggle out of quite a bit with the skill of his rhetoric, but when it comes down to simply being able to lead, bring people together for compromise and to manage a government, he is a horrible failure.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Obama is likely one of the best "campaigners" I can ever recall when it comes to politicians. He can wiggle out of quite a bit with the skill of his rhetoric, but when it comes down to simply being able to lead, bring people together for compromise and to manage a government, he is a horrible failure.

Its kind of hard to lead people who don't want to be led or who don't want to compromise on anything...no matter who they are.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Its kind of hard to lead people who don't want to be led or who don't want to compromise on anything...no matter who they are.

No one said being the President was an easy job. Leadership skills, not rhetoric, is what a president needs to make things happen.

Clinton was loathed by republicans when he was in office and he had the skill to help drive compromise, in a difficult environment. Clinton was not liked, but he was respected, which is the key for any leader. Obama is not liked, nor is he respected, which is a problem and it has shown up with our nation being more divided now, than it has been in 40+ years. I can't recall a president using rhetoric that divides the nation more than Obama (creating class warfare, etc.). A presidents job is to bring people together, not create an atmosphere of separation, which Obama has done so well.

Hey, I voted for Obama in 08, but I was wrong, the guy did not deliver the goods.

Upvote 0