Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
see in my first comment.

The fossil of your OP is not out of place.
It's 174 million years old, placing it firmly in the age of dino's.
Showing up a little sooner then previously believed, sure, but that's the equivalent of finding out that your dad is 2 years old then you thought he was.

An "out of place" fossil would rather be the equivalent of finding out that your supposed dad is 200 years older then you thought he was.

But why am I even bothering explaining this to you, right?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
i will do it when you will answer my simple question about your prediction. again: if i will show you a case of 12354 instead of 12345 you will admit that evolution is false or not? why its so hard for you to answer?

The problem with your question, is that you aren't honest about "12345" vs "12354".

The fossil in your OP does NOT make it "12354". It's still "12345".

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,526.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Nebraska Man's fossil was never put on public display?
You know very well that is not what was meant.

There's a word for deliberately misinterpreting people to annoy them online.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It was an obvious and well known to others lie, AV1611VET. It has even popped up in recent threads in this forum.
Hmmm ... maybe I should get around more, eh?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nebraska Man

You're using something incorrect in an attempt to disprove something that is correct?

Come on, AV, you've been told about Nebraska Man before. Why do you bring up things that you know are wrong?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're using something incorrect in an attempt to disprove something that is correct?

Come on, AV, you've been told about Nebraska Man before. Why do you bring up things that you know are wrong?
Where was Nebraska Man's fossil being housed, while his fame was starting to spread?

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Where was Nebraska Man's fossil being housed, while his fame was starting to spread?
The problem with your line of argument is that you're leaving the door wide open to others using Inquisitions, witch hunts, geocentrism, support for slavery etc as perfectly valid accusations against Christianity. You leave yourself no room for rebuffing them without resorting to monumental hypocrisy.

• Winner
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
If you have been paying attention, you will see that I have answered this question in post 401 where I said, "If your evidence is valid evidence against evolution, then I promise I will consider it."

I also answered it in post 387 where I said, "if you show me a fossil horse that was found in pre-Cambrian rocks, I will completely agree that it is impossible according to evolutionary theory."

Now stop your blustering and post your evidence or admit you don't have any.
why you keep ignoring my question? again: if i will show you a case of 12354 instead of 12345 you will admit that evolution is false or not? why its so hard for you to answer?

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
you said:: "evolution is not thrown away when a single piece of evidence is found that contradicts it"

so a 500my old mammal fossil will not be a problem for evolution. thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
a scientific theory is a theory that we can test. mean it can be falsified. the problem with evolution is that it cant be test. for instance: some evolutionists (like dawkins and others) claiming that if we will find even a single out of place fossil- evolution will be false. but we actually found many such fossils like this one:

New dinosaur found in the wrong place, at the wrong time

but as you can guess- they just push back the evolution of the creature and dont claim that evolution is false. the problem is that in this way any fossil will not falsify evolution. other evolutionists claimed that if we will find more shared ervs with far species than close species evolution will be false. but in this case they can just claim for convergent evolution or convergent loss or even ils. so even such a case will not be a problem for evolution, and therefore its not a scientific theory by definition. as a general note: english isnt my native so i may not understand some words here and there in general. thanks.

Science is cool and all but omniscience is way cooler!! ;)

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
I say 1 so:
24 September 2018 xianghua: Please give your example of an "out of place" fossil.
Remember that this is a fossil that is physically impossible to be in the place that it is found, e.g. a Precambrian rabbit.
but you said that even such a fossil will not be a problem for evolution. see above.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
So, how is it out of place? What does it come before that it couldn't have? All this article is saying, is that we've learnt something new that we didn't know before. and Now we know. You know this is how science works, right?
by this way any fossil will be in the right place. so give me a definition of out of place fossil.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
The problem with your question, is that you aren't honest about "12345" vs "12354".

The fossil in your OP does NOT make it "12354". It's still "12345"
so if i will show you a case of 12354 instead of 12345 you will admit that evolution is false or not?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.