• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Why evolution isn't scientific

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by xianghua, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xianghua

xianghua Well-Known Member

+479
    Judaism
    Single
    a scientific theory is a theory that we can test. mean it can be falsified. the problem with evolution is that it cant be test. for instance: some evolutionists (like dawkins and others) claiming that if we will find even a single out of place fossil- evolution will be false. but we actually found many such fossils like this one:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180801182438.htm

but as you can guess- they just push back the evolution of the creature and dont claim that evolution is false. the problem is that in this way any fossil will not falsify evolution. other evolutionists claimed that if we will find more shared ervs with far species than close species evolution will be false. but in this case they can just claim for convergent evolution or convergent loss or even ils. so even such a case will not be a problem for evolution, and therefore its not a scientific theory by definition. as a general note: english isnt my native so i may not understand some words here and there in general. thanks.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,112
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Evolution only works on paper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+7,087
    Atheist
    Married
    That's not out of place.

4. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+4,778
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yet another thread in which nonscientists tell scientists how to do their jobs.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+5,649
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    You appear to continually confuse refinement of the timelines of when things appear in the fossil record versus what would constitute an actual falsification of the theory.

I believe Sarah explained all of this in detail to you and yet it appears you still don't understand it. That's unfortunate.

You've never demonstrated that you understand what convergent evolution even means. Consequently your criticism doesn't mean anything.

6. AV1611VET

+40,112
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I've read the OP twice and can't seem to find that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. AV1611VET

+40,112
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    What woud Sarah say if they found a rabbit in the pre-Cambrian?

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+5,649
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    Has that ever happened? No? Then irrelevant.

What the OP posted isn't the same thing at all. This is the problem with trying to argue against something from a position of ignorance.

9. Sanoy

Sanoy Well-Known Member

+940
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Are there any scenarios in which evolution could not recover from a detrimental objection? We are approaching it's third incarnation now, by adding teleological forces to neo darwinism. It seems insuperable under naturalistic presuppositions and the ability to add new features through penmanship. So how do people envision a naturalistic scenario where it is shown to be fully false?

10. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+7,087
    Atheist
    Married
    The aliens that have been pulling the strings all along finally reveal themselves.

11. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+4,778
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    We're doing what now?

12. Steven Wood

Steven Wood Not my will but Thy will be done

+159
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    So are you saying that just because they are scientist they are incapable of lying for the reasons of gaining fame and grants? My belief has always been that nonsense is nonsense no matter who is spewing it and common sense is not all that common. I have no problem understanding things especially if its a dumbed down, abridged version. Sounds to me like the OP know a little something about it though. I tell you this though, I have a hypothetical question that I'd like you to answer.

13. xianghua

+479
    Judaism
    Single
    yet another comment wich dealing with the writer instead of dealing with the facts. if you can show why im wrong- be my guest.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  14. Steven Wood

+159
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Here's a question for you? Since you insult the intelligence of the OP and count her opinion as worthless lets see how well versed you are in both sides of the arguement or just spew what you think makes you sound smart, Do you understand the entire Bible enough to discredit it and label it as false compared to "logical" science? Before you answer I'll give you a hint about what your response should be. If you say you do then you will know that there are a few passages that pose the question who knows the mind of God and who was there and the beginning or creation. Now if you say yes you'll know that that passage proves you'd be lying. If you say no the you are not educated enough for your criticism to mean anything let alone have the right to demean another. If you think I am purposely being insulting you should learn that your words have consequences and may hurt others as well.

15. Sanoy

Sanoy Well-Known Member

+940
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The idea that the universe is such that life, as we observe it, isn't just random, but likely. So rather than rely on pure randomness the state of matter is a significant driving force acting congruently with evolution.

16. Steven Wood

+159
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    please see my response to your first response

17. xianghua

+479
    Judaism
    Single
    lets take something even more simple: a human with a dino.

18. xianghua

+479
    Judaism
    Single
    so where is the limit that we can push back creatures evolution? give me a specific number. if you cant- then you prove my point that evolution can explain anything.

19. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+4,778
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Well, no, but if you're seriously suggesting that virtually all of the world's scientists are lying about evolution, then yes, I'm saying that's completely nuts. (Why would they be doing this, anyway? The same scientists are the ones deciding who gets grants -- why would they devote their lives studying something they know is a fraud?)
    My belief -- formed based on decades of watching people attack evolution -- is that most of those doing the attacking have no idea what they're talking about.
    I can answer hypothetical questions, but not hypothetical questions that you haven't asked (which would make it a hypothetical hypothetical question, I guess).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Steven Wood

+159
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    many are called but few are chosen and the foolish will never gain wisdom. To take a page from their beliefs. trying to explain the truth to the blind and ignorant is like trying to explain quantum mechanics to a monkey.its a waste of time because God will never open the eyes of the wicked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.