xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,545.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
The problem is your refusal to listen when people explain things to you.

If you were to spend 1/10 of the time you spend arguing actually listening and understanding what others explain to you we probably wouldn't have to put up with your incessant ignorant trolling.
again you discuss about me rather than my claim.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
again you discuss about me rather than my claim.
Your claim is vacuous and you ignore all explanations as to why. That says something about you.

No, a feather cannot evolve twice. A feather-like structure, or a structure which served the purpose of a feather might evolve, but it wouldn't be a feather.

You make category errors like this all the time, with your self-replicating wooden watches and robot penguins, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
a very deep answer.
Well, it was a pretty stupid statement. There's not much else then "no" that can be said.
Why, did you feel like your "deep" ignorant one-liner deserved more response?

so far the ignorance isnt from my side.

The stupid things you say, suggests otherwise.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
i actually asked here: if i will show you a case of 12354 instead of 12345 you will admit that evolution is false or not? and she never answered this question.
The problem with this question is that you first need to define what the individual numbers in '12345' represent.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Interesting that Xi did not address any of these questions:

[...]
If you find a watch, 'the designer dun it' is simply a proclamation.

Which designer? And how do you know? What about the multitude of other watch types - digital, for example? Was it the same designer? How would you know?

At the very best, if you find a watch on earth, you could conclude that a human made it.

Which human? And how would you know? And how did this human design and make the watch? Did this human make all the pieces him or herself? All the gears, springs, etc? Or were there other humans involved?

So you can (but likely won't) see that merely positing a Designer or Creator without providing any evidence for whom the designer was, how the designer operated, etc., is something a child might do?​

Almost like... he couldn't...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,810.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
where you answered yes or no to my simple question? maybe i misssed it. please show me.

Sigh.

Very well. Quotes from my posts where I said I would accept your evidence with the actual specific words where I said I would accept your evidence highlighted in red.

If you can show me a case of something that evolution says is impossible, then I will consider it.

I said that any example that you post will LIKELY have an explanation. This is because I've never seen a creationist try to understand why things are the way they are, they just assume that something fits their narrative and insist that their narrative is therefore true.

Rest assured, if you show me a fossil horse that was found in pre-Cambrian rocks, I will completely agree that it is impossible according to evolutionary theory.

If your evidence is valid evidence against evolution, then I promise I will consider it.

I repeated myself as well, since you apparently didn't understand what I was saying:

If you have been paying attention, you will see that I have answered this question in post 401 where I said, "If your evidence is valid evidence against evolution, then I promise I will consider it."

I also answered it in post 387 where I said, "if you show me a fossil horse that was found in pre-Cambrian rocks, I will completely agree that it is impossible according to evolutionary theory."

You once again didn't seem to understand me, so I repeated myself again:

I'm sorry, but once again, I will tell you that I HAVE ANSWERED THE QUESTION.

If you have actual evidence against evolution, I WILL TAKE IT. If your evidence shows that evolution is false, I will agree that evolution is false. I have been abundantly clear on this.

I do not understand why you have ignored me when I have said this.

You then outright refused to take this as a proper answer, and I responded:

Are you even reading the posts I write?

I have said VERY CLEARLY that if you post actual evidence of the type you describe that I WILL accept it! What part of "I will take your evidence" is confusing? What part of "If your evidence shows that evolution is false, I will agree that evolution is false" is confusing?

You once again accused me of not answering.

No, the problem is that you don't read my posts because I DID answer it.

I believe I have made it abundantly clear that if you can present legitimate evidence that evolution is wrong, I will accept that evidence and change my views to agree with you that evolution is wrong. I honestly do not know how to make it any clearer.

You asked me if I would abandon evolution if you could show me it was wrong, and I have stated multiple times that I would abandon it if you did so.

I answered your question three times and then I told you three times that I had answered your question, one time even quoting myself where I had answered your question. You've even had another poster on here saying that I and other people had said they will accept your evidence if you can provide it.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sigh.

Very well. Quotes from my posts where I said I would accept your evidence with the actual specific words where I said I would accept your evidence highlighted in red.

I repeated myself as well, since you apparently didn't understand what I was saying:

You once again didn't seem to understand me, so I repeated myself again:

You then outright refused to take this as a proper answer, and I responded:

You once again accused me of not answering.

I believe I have made it abundantly clear that if you can present legitimate evidence that evolution is wrong, I will accept that evidence and change my views to agree with you that evolution is wrong. I honestly do not know how to make it any clearer.

You asked me if I would abandon evolution if you could show me it was wrong, and I have stated multiple times that I would abandon it if you did so.

I answered your question three times and then I told you three times that I had answered your question, one time even quoting myself where I had answered your question. You've even had another poster on here saying that I and other people had said they will accept your evidence if you can provide it.

100 bucks says that he'll repeat his question as if it wasn't answered within his next 20 posts.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That's funny, since that happens to be exactly what evolution explains

No, that is the hypothesis. There are many fictional
stories attempting to explain how it could happen,
but no way to show that it ever happened in the
past or that it happens today above a micro level.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Are you forgetting that it's a gradual change, there's no single moment when there was no mammals and then BANG there was suddenly a mammal a second later?

You mean the sudden appearance of a great number of
species that appears to have happened at every level
of evolutionary eras?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, that is the hypothesis.

No, not a mere hypothesis.
Rather an accurate, demonstrable and confirmed detailed process that is so solid that it has practical applications like in search heuristics and optimization modules using that exact process, known as "genetic algoritms".

It is literally what the process demonstrably does: evolve complex systems by small incremental changes.

There are many fictional stories attempting to explain how it could happen,
but no way to show that it ever happened in the
past or that it happens today above a micro level.

Maybe you just think that, because you are seriously ill-informed. Have you ever considered that option?

Because you happen to be talking to a software engineer who actually worked on optimization frameworks that used genetic algoritms to evolve complex solutions to problems through small incremental steps.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
a mammal with feathers? a "convergent evolution". what is the problem?
That depends, when we examine the genome, would we find the same genes as we do in birds, or is it a true convergent evolutionary development and their DNA has recreated novel genes to express these new feathers, which fantasy would you like to explore?

• Haha
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.