St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You throw insults and make unrighteous judgements against me, then get all offended when they bounce back on you. Tsk
That makes zero sense.

A) I've never been kicked out of a church for overstepping my bounds, let alone more than one. So I fail to see how anything has "bounced back on me"

B) Zero insults have been made.

C) Stop flattering yourself, that's what caused your issues in the first place. There are no unrighteous judgments being made. There are at least 3 different things you handled incorrectly in your own description of just one of the situations. And all of this comes from information that you volunteered openly.

You seem to be an expert on bringing correction to others. Can you take it?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
That makes zero sense.

A) I've never been kicked out of a church for overstepping my bounds, let alone more than one. So I fail to see how anything has "bounced back on me"

B) Zero insults have been made.

C) Stop flattering yourself, that's what caused your issues in the first place. There are no unrighteous judgments being made. There are at least 3 different things you handled incorrectly in your own description of just one of the situations. And all of this comes from information that you volunteered openly.

You seem to be an expert on bringing correction to others. Can you take it?
There you go again...…………...
You obviously can't help it can you, jumping to judgement.
Feel free.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There you go again...…………...
You obviously can't help it can you, jumping to judgement.
Feel free.
Again this makes zero sense.

Yet there I go again, responding to YOUR words and YOUR judgments.

I'm going to go ahead and take that as a no, you are not able to take correction.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Yet there I go again, responding to YOUR words and YOUR judgments.
Exactly what are these judgements?
I'm going to go ahead and take that as a no, you are not able to take correction.
And who told you to correct me?

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exactly what are these judgements?
Here's some:
It was not so much a sin, but a falling short common in most churches
(Along with pretty much everything you described with that church)

maybe you could get a good job writing horoscopes

You throw insults and make unrighteous judgements against me
(Ah, the irony)

And who told you to correct me?

A) I haven't corrected you, I asked if you were open to correction. I pointed out that there were things mishandled, but not what they were how they should have been handled

B) Even still, perhaps I should answer your question by asking you the same one. Who told you to correct all these churches?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Here's some:
(Along with pretty much everything you described with that church)
In order to protect those who got hurt, I deliberately gave no information for you to infer anything either way regarding that church.
(Ah, the irony)

A) I haven't corrected you, I asked if you were open to correction. I pointed out that there were things mishandled, but not what they were how they should have been handled

B) Even still, perhaps I should answer your question by asking you the same one. Who told you to correct all these churches?
If you read correctly, you would see that there is no such thing as "all these churches". I described one event only.

If you note also, I did not judge that church, nor correct them!
As to who sent me, I was already there, and simply gave the leader a word that God had given me, a word I had agonised over for months.

The word was significant to them specifically because of what God was already doing, but they were in danger because Satan was on the warpath.
You will also recall that the leader agreed the word was correct!

I did what God called me to do, including the warning of death (which at the time made no sense to me).
And again you will recall I made it clear that it wasn't about his sinfulness,-
"Let me be clear, he was a humble man, and not involved in any sinful behaviour, but was more a victim of those who idolised him."

It was very grievous to watch the word come to pass.
I discovered much later that I was not the only one the Lord sent to warn him

Your repeated attacks on me are ill founded and unrighteous. You are treading in areas you clearly don't understand.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In order to protect those who got hurt, I deliberately gave no information for you to infer anything either way regarding that church.

If you read correctly, you would see that there is no such thing as "all these churches". I described one event only.

If you note also, I did not judge that church, nor correct them!
As to who sent me, I was already there, and simply gave the leader a word that God had given me, a word I had agonised over for months.

The word was significant to them specifically because of what God was already doing, but they were in danger because Satan was on the warpath.
You will also recall that the leader agreed the word was correct!

I did what God called me to do, including the warning of death (which at the time made no sense to me).
And again you will recall I made it clear that it wasn't about his sinfulness,-
"Let me be clear, he was a humble man, and not involved in any sinful behaviour, but was more a victim of those who idolised him."

It was very grievous to watch the word come to pass.
I discovered much later that I was not the only one the Lord sent to warn him

Your repeated attacks on me are ill founded and unrighteous. You are treading in areas you clearly don't understand.

I understand these areas FAAAAAR more than you do. If you understood them you would not have been kicked out of multiple churches. I have been on both sides, yet haven't been kicked out.

There have been no attacks. The closest thing to an attack is when you said I should get a job doing horoscopes. You volunteered the information publicly, I see clear mishandling and said as much. You can have a right word and handle it wrong. You did that. If you don't care to know or see why, that's your choice. But, the point is neither ill founded, nor unrighteous. Regardless of what you do, my hope is that others reading will not fall into the same trap.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I understand these areas FAAAAAR more than you do. If you understood them you would not have been kicked out of multiple churches. I have been on both sides, yet haven't been kicked out.

There have been no attacks. The closest thing to an attack is when you said I should get a job doing horoscopes. You volunteered the information publicly, I see clear mishandling and said as much. You can have a right word and handle it wrong. You did that. If you don't care to know or see why, that's your choice. But, the point is neither ill founded, nor unrighteous. Regardless of what you do, my hope is that others reading will not fall into the same trap.
You really should change your signature line.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
there are numbers (some prolific posters here), that choose not to go to church.

Simple question.

Why?

Your signature is AWESOME!

I try to go to church most Sundays..... but I do sometimes miss ... usually it is because my wife has some other fairly urgent visit that she needs to make.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
there are numbers (some prolific posters here), that choose not to go to church.

Simple question.

Why?

What do you mean why: are you being serious?

What is church today except for a social and political club? I want no parts of institution tantamount to high school applied to spirit, nor do I want to be a part of an institution that tells me the Most High God that doesn't change somehow changed His Laws for us without explicitly telling us - and I certainly don't want to be called a demon for choosing to follow the Laws of the Most High God.

It is amazing the Church doesn't realize why they losing capital people. Dogma = Church today, and you cannot institutionalize or "academically" learn a relationship.

People are starting to realize humans lie, and the Most High God will instruct them if they have the faith to receive Him. No need for an edifice and institution/ritual.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a blessing when 'church' works well. The most powerful and wonderful organisation around. People getting saved, the word is being preached, people finding fellowship and care, when the prayer meeting is full. Putting the Kingdom of God first is a key, Jesus before self and egos, finances and position. :)

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What i am seeing so far is:

- transportation

- job

- offense taken.

Offenses seem to be the most prevalent so far.

You missed the guy who was bored. Which I can understand since a Pastor's Teaching in not on a college level.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As a rule I would never make a broad recommendation to stay or leave. It truly needs to be evaluated on a case by case basis (note, if it is a true cult this would not apply)

I've seen horrible, HORRIBLE behavior of all kinds by pastors/leaders. But I've also seen:
  • Sheep getting offended at things they do not, and should not have all the information about.
  • Sheep that mislead or flat out lie about the church/pastors. Often because their secret sin was talked about and rather than face it they attack.
  • Sheep that think they know what is good for the church better than their pastor and who then rally support against their pastor splitting the congregation (see Absalom)
  • And much, much more.
Given the terrible behavior possible on both sides, you truly HAVE to take it case by case and get to the root of the issue. There's almost always more to the story.

read to here

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What are the other reasons given?
Usually no reason is given, people just disappear.

Most are variations of offense (boy have I seen/heard some doozies)

But other's I have seen:
  • "can't find the right fit" / "no [fill in the blank] churches in my area"
  • "I don't get anything out of it" (probably because you don't put anything into it, imo)
  • Pride ("I don't need it" / "I know better" / "All I need is the Holy Spirit")
  • Illness/Can't physically go (many who fall into this category now use live streaming if available)
  • Get out of the habit. Usually due to sickness or vacation, they get out of the habit and just stop making it a priority
  • Marriage (unfortunately)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You missed the guy who was bored. Which I can understand since a Pastor's Teaching in not on a college level.

you must have a great problem with Christ’s teachings then, they are on a third grade level.

• Haha
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you must have a great problem with Christ’s teachings then, they are on a third grade level.

If Jesus were on earth today, He would address all levels including University. Jesus used puns, word play and other factors that a reader today would miss. For example, only quoting a few lines from a text in the Hebrew Scriptures the listener would recite in their memory the full chapter in context that Jesus referred to. Hardly, what one would call third grade. You need to stop assuming that people back then were stupid.

• Winner
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Jesus were on earth today, He would address all levels including University. Jesus used puns, word play and other factors that a reader today would miss. For example, only quoting a few lines from a text in the Hebrew Scriptures the listener would recite in their memory the full chapter in context that Jesus referred to. Hardly, what one would call third grade. You need to stop assuming that people back then were stupid.

not assuming anything, just stating that scripture is written on a third grade reading level.

Upvote 0