Why Do So Many Want To Be Raptured?

apple2345

Aug 28, 2013
✟7,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If someone were to ask me whether I would prefer to be raptured; or, if I would like to be like the army described in joel 2, I am going to go with joel 2 cause that sounds awesome!

Check it out
Joel 2:3-6 NIV

Before them fire devours,
behind them a flame blazes.
Before them the land is like the garden of Eden,
behind them, a desert waste—
nothing escapes them. They have the appearance of horses;
they gallop along like cavalry. With a noise like that of chariots
they leap over the mountaintops,
like a crackling fire consuming stubble,
like a mighty army drawn up for battle. At the sight of them, nations are in anguish;
every face turns pale.

I don't know about you, but that is what I want for Christmas this year. :pray: What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What Joel is actually describing is a coronal mass ejection, a strike 'the like has never been known, nor will be again in the ages to come'. Joel 2:2b
It's rather obvious he isn't talking about a literal army, 'their vanguard is a devouring fire, their rearguard a leaping flame'. Joel 2:3 This matches with the many other prophesies about the next to happen prophesied event - the great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath. Isaiah 66:5-16, Malachi 4:1, 2 Peter 3:10, Rev 6:12-17 and many others. It will be triggered by an attack on Israel, as per Psalm 83 and the result will be ' fire has consumed the pastures, every tree burned up and the rivers made dry'. Joel 1:19-20
The entire Middle East will be depopulated, Ezekiel 30:1-5 and all the rest of the world will lose its modern infrastructure. A One World Govt will be the best solution to problems of food supply, etc. You know he rest of the story!

Upvote 0

apple2345

Aug 28, 2013
✟7,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Right, I see where you are cross referencing the same event. i would add matthew 24:29 to the list. i just don't see why this means that He is not talking about a literal army when He wouldn't have had to use the illustration to make a point as he doesn't in any of the other references. Joel 3 indicates a literal army again.

As well as there are other places that indicate that there will be more of a literal army during this time.

Daniel 11:32-33
He shall seduce with flattery those who violate the covenant, but the people who know their God shall stand firm and take action. And the wise among the people shall make many understand, though for some days they shall stumble by sword and flame, by captivity and plunder.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2013
Praying for my wife's salvation
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If someone were to ask me whether I would prefer to be raptured; or, if I would like to be like the army described in joel 2, I am going to go with joel 2 cause that sounds awesome!

Check it out

like a mighty army drawn up for battle. At the sight of them, nations are in anguish;
every face turns pale.

I don't know about you, but that is what I want for Christmas this year. :pray: What are your thoughts?

I love Jesus more than this world and I don't want to be separated from him a day more than I have to. I also don't need to glorify or justify myself through acts of valor and martyrdom. This is why I'm trying to spread the gospel Now so that when they see the things I talk about being fulfilled they will believe and be saved in the tribulation.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Matt 24:29 signs occur just before Jesus Returns. The Day of the Lord's wrath is an event much before that, as we see by the sequence in Revelation.
It is difficult to sort out what is metaphor and what is actual, but from many other prophesies about the DoL, especially Isaiah 30:26 and Malachi 4:1 we can know the Lord will use a sunstrike to destroy His enemies. This seemingly natural event allows people to continue in their disbelief of God, but we who are His people know the truth.
For more info look at logostelos.info

Upvote 0

apple2345

Aug 28, 2013
✟7,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thank you for your feedback everyone. It has given me much to think about. As I was considering it, I was reading in the book of Amos last night when I was impressed to add to my original statement of wanting to be part of what is written in Joel 2 or Daniel 11 about having authority and favor to do God's will in restoring justice. There is a sense of action taken by those who would seek to serve the Lord to restore justice in these verses that I would like to be a part of. I do not see it as being for the sake of valor or martyrdom and I also do not see that these verses obviously don't describe something literal that will be "like a mighty army" as it says. It seems pretty obvious to me that this is describing something like a mighty army especially cross referencing the countless times that God has used people to effect his purposes. The Bible itself being an example of God using people to have His inspired Word given to the world, which causes persecution from nonbelievers solely from the fact that the Bible didn't fall out of the sky.

God usually intervenes in scripture when he sees that people are neglecting to uphold justice.

Amos 5:15 (NIV) Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph.
This shows that it is God's desire to relent from disaster. That He wants to find people seeking to uphold justice in courts. Although, I think that this is neglected by the church in regards to prophecy. It would seem that we are spending a lot of time talking about prophecy and not enough time doing what is necessary to restore justice.

He says, "Woe to you who long for the day of the Lord! Why do you long for the day of the Lord? That day will be darkness, not light." Amos 5:18 (NIV). I think in some respects, we have become like what Amos warns against, where we long for the day of Lord almost as victims of circumstance

This verse was convicting to myself because in studying the prophecy, I know I do sometimes succumb to the temptation to accept what is written in it as though it were something not within our ability to change.

What I am trying to present is that it is possible that God would give this ability as a privilege, the way He gave the apostles the privilege of healing and performing miracles. Although, in contrast the privilege will suit God's will in bringing judgement versus God's will in spreading the gospel when He poured out His spirit on the disciples.

Then these people who serve the Lord like a mighty army will be as the ones who inherit the earth. He says "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5 NIV). I think the people illustrated in Joel 2 are meek. In other words, submissive to God's will. God's will is to bring judgement. They are obedient to God's will the way Caleb and Joshua were obedient when they went to inhabit the land; and, one of my biggest concerns with rapture theology is where it says, "Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left" (Matthew 24:40 NIV). It doesn't actually indicate that the one who is taken is favored. The one who remains might be the one who is favored, according to Matthew 5:5, and continue on to inherit the earth. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2013
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He says, "Woe to you who long for the day of the Lord! Why do you long for the day of the Lord? That day will be darkness, not light." Amos 5:18 (NIV). I think in some respects, we have become like what Amos warns against, where we long for the day of Lord almost as victims of circumstance

I was trying so hard to remember where that scripture was! I couldn't find it at all. I want to tell people that I sometimes see on the internet - people thinking they are ready for the tribulation - that I understand the desire to take a stand for God and save souls but THIS IS THE TIME to do that. The tribulation is going to be horrific! I don't think people understand just how bad it is going to be. BILLIONS of people are going to DIE in less than seven years time. There will be death and destruction everywhere by war and natural disasters. It's judgment upon an unbelieving world.

I got married to a Buddhist during a time that I backslid and darn near became an atheist (thank God for His infinite mercy in bringing me back to Him before it was too late); when I truly gave my life over to Christ it changed me so much that it nearly destroyed my marriage. Why? Because she can not and will not believe in God, nor will she even receive the truth. I am praying hard but it is becoming clear to me that she will not turn to the one true God unless she goes through hell on earth. So many people are going to finally recognize who God is during the tribulation and they will wash their robes in the blood of the Lamb but it is going to take a nightmare on steroids to get them to that point.

I do believe that it will be a glorious time for the church simply because many will do great exploits and many will show God the highest form of love by laying down their lives for Him. But if it is possible, I don't want to enter into that time of unparallelled darkness. I pray that I am counted worthy to escape these things but if there is no escape, I will do my best to get my family and friends through what's ahead. If I had my choice, I would be with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ TODAY! But with all that said, may God's will be done and not my own.

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am longing for my 'blessed hope '! Titus 2:13 says:, "Looking for that blessed hope , and the glorious appearing of the great God and our savior Jesus Christ". I am not looking for the tribulation period. I am looking for Jesus to come back and call me home at the rapture of the church.

One of the main rapture verses is thes 4:16-18. It reads, "For The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout with the voice of the archangel , and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet The Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with The Lord . Wherefore comfort one another with these words". Scripture tells me to be comforted and look for His appearing . Scripture does not tell me to look for the tribulation but to look for Him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bible2

bibletruth469 said in post 10:

I am longing for my 'blessed hope '! Titus 2:13 says:, "Looking for that blessed hope , and the glorious appearing of the great God and our savior Jesus Christ".

The blessed hope (Titus 2:13) is the hope of eternal life: "In hope of eternal life" (Titus 1:2), "that blessed hope" (Titus 2:13), "the hope of eternal life" (Titus 3:7), by which is meant the hope of obtaining an immortal, physical resurrection body (Romans 8:23-25, Philippians 3:21, Luke 24:39) at Jesus' 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6), which won't occur until immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6). Also, Jesus himself is the hope of believers (1 Timothy 1:1b), for he himself is eternal life (John 14:6), and only by believing in him can people have eternal life (John 3:36).

I am not looking for the tribulation period.

No Christians are hoping for the tribulation instead of Jesus' 2nd coming, even though those Christians who (rightly) hold to the post-tribulation rapture view know that the tribulation must come first (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6; cf. 1 Peter 4:12-13). For a Christian (whether male or female) who holds to the post-tribulation rapture view is like a pregnant woman nearing the end of her term. She isn't hoping for her birthing pains instead of the birth of her child, but she knows that birthing pains must come first (John 16:21-22, Isaiah 26:17-19; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23).

I am looking for Jesus to come back and call me home at the rapture of the church.

Regarding "and call me home", are you thinking of John 14:2-3?

John 14
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Note that there's no "take you back" (somewhere) in John 14:3, but rather a "receive you unto myself".

John 14:2 means that one of the reasons that Jesus left was to prepare a place for the church in the literal city of New Jerusalem, the Father's house in heaven (Revelation 21:2-3). John 14:3 means that Jesus' leaving to prepare a place for the church means that he's not done with the church, but will come back to it. John 14:3 means that the church will be received to Jesus where he will be first at his 2nd coming, which will be in the sky (1 Thessalonians 4:17), before he lands on the earth at his 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Matthew 24:30-31, Zechariah 14:3-21), which won't occur until immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

The church will live in its place in New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:24 to 22:5) on the new earth (Revelation 21:1-3) sometime after the millennium and other events are over (Revelation 20:7-15). For during the millennium, the bodily resurrected church will be ruling on the present earth with the returned Jesus (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29, Zechariah 14:3-21).

Also, the church has already come to the Father's house, New Jerusalem, which is currently in heaven, in the spiritual sense of coming under the New Covenant (Hebrews 12:22-24, Galatians 4:24-26, Matthew 26:28). Also, the souls of obedient people in the church go to the Father's house when they die, for their souls go into heaven to be with Jesus when they die (Philippians 1:21,23; 2 Corinthians 5:8). And they go into paradise (Luke 23:43), which is in heaven (2 Corinthians 12:2b,4), in the city of New Jerusalem (Revelation 2:7 and Revelation 22:2).

One of the main rapture verses is thes 4:16-18. It reads, "For The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout with the voice of the archangel , and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet The Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with The Lord . Wherefore comfort one another with these words". Scripture tells me to be comforted and look for His appearing .

The comfort in 1 Thessalonians 4:18 is the comfort that the dead in Christ aren't lost, but their souls will come back from heaven with Jesus at his 2nd coming, and their bodies will be resurrected at that time (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

Similarly, the comfort in 1 Thessalonians 5:11 applies to those in Christ no matter whether they live or die (1 Thessalonians 5:10-11).

Christians going through any tribulation are comforted by God even while they're going through that tribulation (2 Corinthians 1:3-7; 1 Peter 4:12-13). So Christians will be comforted by God even as they go through the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:9-13, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6). They will be waiting for Jesus' 2nd coming and the rapture, which will occur immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

~

Job should be looked to by obedient Christians as an example of patient endurance through suffering (James 5:11). Just as God allowed Satan to bring suffering to righteous Job (Job chapters 1-2), so God sometimes allows Satan to bring suffering to obedient Christians (Revelation 2:10). And during the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, Satan will be allowed to unleash his wrath against obedient Christians in every nation (Revelation 12:9,17, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13).

By the power of Satan working against Job (Job 1:12), Job first suffered the loss of his wealth and his servants from murderous robbers (Job 1:14,15,17) and a natural disaster (Job 1:16), and suffered the death of all his children in a natural disaster (Job 1:18-19). Then, again by the power of Satan working against him (Job 2:6), Job suffered the loss of his health (Job 2:7). But Job remained patient through all his loss and suffering, never cursing God because of it (Job 2:9-10, Job 1:20-22), but wholly trusting in God through it all (Job 13:15).

Because of this, God greatly rewarded Job after his suffering was completed, giving him twice as much wealth as he had before (Job 42:10,12, Job 1:3), and giving him the same number of children as he had before (Job 42:13, Job 1:2), and giving him a very long life (Job 42:16), so that he lived to see his grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren (Job 42:16). While he was still suffering, Job mistakenly thought that his suffering was God's wrath against him (Job 19:11), when in fact God had no wrath against Job, for Job was righteous in God's eyes (Job 1:1,8, Job 2:3). Instead, Job was suffering from the hand of Satan (Job 1:12, Job 2:7). Similarly, during the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, the suffering of obedient Christians won't be God's wrath against them, but Satan's wrath against them (Revelation 12:9,17, cf. Revelation 2:10).

God allowed Satan to bring loss and suffering to Job in order to prove that Job didn't love God just because God had made him wealthy and secure (Job 1:9-12) and healthy (Job 2:4-6), but that Job would continue to love and trust God even if all his wealth, family, and health were stripped away from him. Indeed, Job would have continued to love God even if God had killed him (Job 13:15). This is the kind of love for God that Christians will need to have during the future tribulation. They will need to continue to love God even when God allows Satan (the dragon) and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) to make war against Biblical Christians and physically overcome them in every nation (Revelation 12:9,17, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Matthew 24:9-13), stripping away all their wealth and family and leading them away to be beheaded (Revelation 20:4-6). Christians must so love God and so trust God that they have no fear of suffering or death (Revelation 2:10, Hebrews 2:15), knowing that even death will only bring their still-conscious souls into the presence of Jesus in heaven (2 Corinthians 5:8, Philippians 1:21,23, Revelation 6:9-10, Luke 23:43).

Christians mustn't love their mortal lives to where they will deny Jesus Christ and the Bible in order to keep from getting killed (Mark 8:35-38, John 12:25, Revelation 12:11), just as Christians mustn't love their families to the point where they will deny Jesus Christ and the Bible in order to keep their families from starving or getting killed (Matthew 10:37, Luke 14:26). And Christians mustn't love their wealth to the point where they will deny Jesus Christ and the Bible in order to keep their wealth from being taken away (Matthew 6:24; 1 Timothy 6:9-10). Jesus Christ requires Christians to forsake everything, even their own lives, for his sake (Luke 14:33, Luke 9:23, Matthew 10:38-39), just as he forsook everything, even his own life, for their sake (Philippians 2:6-8; 2 Corinthians 5:15; 1 Corinthians 15:3).

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy" (1 Peter 4:12-13).

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To bible 2: You can't take away my hope and I won't let you! It says in the scripture that in the end times, scoffers will come and ask" where is the promise of His coming" and they will question . This is exactly what is happening in the times in which we live. Many people mock the rapture especially the pre-trib view. There's even been bad movies in Hollywood that mock the rapture in general. Like I said, it will not take away my hope !!

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Check it out

every face turns pale.

Just have to construe with Rev.9:17, etc. and one is on their Way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
the dead in Christ are raised at the last day. (John 6 and 11)
so that is the when of 1Thes4:13-17
at the last day.

that's when the rapture happens, at the last day
not pre trib or mid trib

many Christians don't understand the passage,
and think it talks about leaving the planet before the trib.
but it doesn't say that at all.

many Christians errantly believe that the trib is the wrath of God
but it is not.
the wrath of God falls on those that fail the trib

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
To bible 2: You can't take away my hope and I won't let you!
a fictional pre trib rapture is not the blessed hope.
His return is the Blessed Hope.
but His return is not pre trib.

It says in the scripture that in the end times, scoffers will come and ask" where is the promise of His coming" and they will question . This is exactly what is happening in the times in which we live. Many people mock the rapture especially the pre-trib view. There's even been bad movies in Hollywood that mock the rapture in general. Like I said, it will not take away my hope !!
well, for the vast majority of us, Christians do believe He will come back.

so the scoffing is not about either the pre trib or post trib positions.
the scoffers are those who don't believe He is coming back at all.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If someone were to ask me whether I would prefer to be raptured; or, if I would like to be like the army described in joel 2, I am going to go with joel 2 cause that sounds awesome!...

Sorry, but All believers are in Isaiah 26, not in Joel -better check that out!

18 We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen.

So where will deliverance in the earth come from, since we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth?
_From the LORD! -AFTER the rapture of the dead in Christ and the living in Christ:

19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

The called gather before His temple doors in heaven, and enter in, and hide there, in their chambers -in heaven- and hide themselves for a little while, until the wrath of God is past.

20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

And He brings forth deliverance to the earth -while the raptured are in hiding, in heaven's temple, celebrating their consecration to the heavenly preisthood as adopted sons in the New Man name [the New Man name is "Israel" -Isaiah 49].

21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2013
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can all post scriptures that support our interpretations but how often does that accomplish anything? I won't waste my time defending the pre-tribulation harpazo - that's not even what this thread is meant for. Back to the topic, the tribulation is going to be hell on earth. There's Satan's wrath and God chastising nations. Earthquakes, storms, wars, tsunamis, threats from space. Billions die in less than seven years. I'm not gonna stop praying to be counted worthy to escape the hour of temptation and stand before the Son of man. We're commanded to, after all.

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
heavenlessstar said:
We can all post scriptures that support our interpretations but how often does that accomplish anything? I won't waste my time defending the pre-tribulation harpazo - that's not even what this thread is meant for. Back to the topic, the tribulation is going to be hell on earth. There's Satan's wrath and God chastising nations. Earthquakes, storms, wars, tsunamis, threats from space. Billions die in less than seven years. I'm not gonna stop praying to be counted worthy to escape the hour of temptation and stand before the Son of man. We're commanded to, after all.

Yes, I agree with you. All hell will break loose on earth during the tribulation when God's wrath is poured out on an unbelieving world . The ones who are left alive ,without taking the mark of the beast , will be a very few people on earth after the 7 years is over . Most of the tribulation saints will have been martyred for their faith.

It is not a time period that people can prepare for. The only ones protected during this horrific time are the Jews that flee to Jordan ( Petra ) during the last 1/2 of the tribulation , the 144,000 and the 2 witnesses. Everyone else will be running for cover!

Upvote 0