Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is exactly my point! Why do people like DONALD TRUMP instead of a Republican who always tells the truth when he needs to, never even thinks about breaking laws, and has no interest in living a pivate life life his job is a for-profit company? Trump does not check off any of those three criteria.
Because no other republican will confront the democrats. Not to mention the Iranians, Chinese, North Korea, and NATO.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is exactly my point! Why do people like DONALD TRUMP instead of a Republican who always tells the truth when he needs to, never even thinks about breaking laws, and has no interest in living a pivate life life his job is a for-profit company? Trump does not check off any of those three criteria.

I don't understand the third criterion you are giving. Could you elaborate?

From my perspective Hillary doesn't check off the first two either. Do you think Republicans ought to have a higher moral bar for their candidates than Democrats ? Perhaps once I understand the third one I may have a better handle on what you are proposing?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet I still see these posts where people seem to be clueless as to why Trump doing what people elected him to do doesn't make them abandon him. They should ask themselves if they would be dissatisfied and stop supporting a President they voted for because that President was delivering on a lot of his/her promises. Then ask themselves why they would ever want to then reject that president and elect a President that would like to take the country in the opposite direction form which they wanted it to go. It is that simple. If I want to go right and you want to go left we will not want the same person driving the car.
Some of those threads have to do with those opposed to Trump trying to shame Christians into not voting at all or voting 'other.' They base it on an argument that Trump in word and deed does not show fruits of Christianity and therefore Christians (Especially white evangelicals!) should not vote for him.

It is an argument but when you compare that there are no calls to ditch, previously, Obama or Hillary for being pro-abortion and not only continuing but expanding our endless wars (have you noticed how hawkish the lefward pols are now that Trump wants to end wars?), and enacting policies hostile to Christian charities (aka Sisters of the Poor) and churches. Obama no doubt was a good speaker, calm, and exuded "Presidential." However, both he and Hillary actually supported policies hostile to Christians and horrendous for the unborn and even elderly. And the current list of Democratic presidential candidates are nothing like Hillary or Obama....They go deeper to be hostile towards Christians.

So what we actually have is a choice between candidates which don't care much for our religious liberty, tell us to sit down shut up and deal with it, and a Boorish sometimes foul mouth from New York City (hint there folks they have been like that since colonial times) who is not hostile to Christians, human beings in the womb, appoints constitutionalists to the bench, and actually does what he said he was going to do.

We also have to remember these are the same politicians, media and fellow Christians who are Democrat who derided Bush for starting wars, said he was stupid but masterminded the 9/11 'hoax', and also derided guys like John McCain and Mitt Romney for being homophobic for supporting traditional marriage. Yet John McCain is now their patron saint, and Mitt Romney their impeachment great white hope.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone with the same agenda, but no twitter feeding compulsion, or alienating responses, would clean-up in the next election.
Don't think so. His use of social media and large campaign rallies is his way to bring his message to the people unfiltered from the media. That was the only way a Republican would win in 2016 and even more so going into 2020. The majority of the media is in the tank for Democratic party and they carry their water. Softball interviews, endorsements and a never ending machine of negative news cycles for the GOP opponent. Trump broke that wheel.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
By behavior in office do you mean the combative and sometimes strong language he uses in tweets and giving campaign speeches?

How about showing everyone through words and actions he is a racist, refusing to release his tax returns, claiming he did nothing wrong when there is evidence he committed crimes, writing new rules on Twitter, talking about himself during a Memorial Day speech, speaking at a church when James Comey was on TV just to make people watch him instead, going to Pittsburgh with no intent to help anyone grieving losses, and saying all NFL employees who don't stand for the national anthem should be fired?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joe Biden did his job as the VP. Not once did he behave the way Donald Trump does in office.
No he just threatened a sovereign nation telling them they better fire a prosecutor who was investigating a firm his son was getting $50K per month from, or else they would not get a billion in loan grants. He gave them an ultimatum of 6 hours, and they did indeed fire their own prosecutor and got the money. Joe Biden actually did what Trump is accused of.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about showing everyone through words and actions he is a racist
I hear that a lot but it is a false claim. Bush, McCain and Romney were called racists too when it was prime time for the Left to say so.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand the third criterion you are giving. Could you elaborate?

From my perspective Hillary doesn't check off the first two either. Do you think Republicans ought to have a higher moral bar for their candidates than Democrats ? Perhaps once I understand the third one I may have a better handle on what you are proposing?

Hillary Clinton was the First Lady for eight years, a NY Senator on Capitol Hill after that, before working in Wshington again as the Secretary of State. That means she has plenty of experience at the national level. She also had a full understanding of what Presidents have to deal with every day, how to serve the nation as its President, and domestic and foreign policy making. Also, didn't she go to law school? I know Donald Trump did not because he was just a business owner.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
refusing to release his tax returns
Why does he have to? I guess so people can comb over them to try to find something? What state or federal statute was broken to demand his tax returns?

claiming he did nothing wrong when there is evidence he committed crimes
Crimes? Can you cite the statutes Trump violated. Not the opinion of some, to CNN and MSNBC, Trump is guilty of every law out there. This is where due process and actual citing of statutes comes into play. So far, no dice for the politically motivated.

writing new rules on Twitter,
Truly don't know what this means.

talking about himself during a Memorial Day speech
Shall I list the speeches Obama gave where the letter "I" was quite noticeable? Narcissists do such things.

speaking at a church when James Comey was on TV just to make people watch him instead
Why would anyone watch Comey on TV in the first place?
going to Pittsburgh with no intent to help anyone grieving losses
Actually the Rabbi was thankful for his visit. Presidents visit the mourning. The Left does not like it when Trump does it because...He's Trump!
and saying all NFL employees who don't stand for the national anthem should be fired?
Yes I actually agree they should have been fired. All of them.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thinking about Ronald Reagan, who actually did have a state government job before he was an actor?
Reagan was governor for the largest state in the Union in a most trying time in our National history.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No he just threatened a sovereign nation telling them they better fire a prosecutor who was investigating a firm his son was getting $50K per month from, or else they would not get a billion in loan grants. He gave them an ultimatum of 6 hours, and they did indeed fire their own prosecutor and got the money. Joe Biden actually did what Trump is accused of.

As the Vice President, long before Trump even considered running for office? Think again.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Trump sounds like a racist, he is one.
So says you and everyone who does not like him...just because he beat Hillary.

Where's that Christian charity everyone says Trump should have for Trump? I am sure even if Trump is an enemy of some Christians they pray each day even for their enemies. Maybe you should open a prayer thread on this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Reagan was governor for the largest state in the Union in a most trying time in our National history.

Most populous state, not the largest.

But that is my point there. He knew how to be a good President because of that job, unlike Trump.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So says you and everyone who does not like him...just because he beat Hillary.

Where's that Christian charity everyone says Trump should have for Trump? I am sure even if Trump is an enemy of some Christians they pray each day even for their enemies. Maybe you should open a prayer thread on this.

He did not beat Hillary. More people voted for her.

The election results have nothing to do with my opinion he does not like racial minorities. It is only what I know he said.

There are sticky threads for this in other forums.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the Vice President, long before Trump even considered running for office? Think again.
I don't know how that is actually an answer or response to what I wrote?

Biden threatened Ukraine to fire their chief prosecutor who was investigating a Ukraine gas firm which his son was currently sitting on the board of directors making $50K a month! This was in 2018 while Biden was VP.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about showing everyone through words and actions he is a racist, refusing to release his tax returns, claiming he did nothing wrong when there is evidence he committed crimes, writing new rules on Twitter, talking about himself during a Memorial Day speech, speaking at a church when James Comey was on TV just to make people watch him instead, going to Pittsburgh with no intent to help anyone grieving losses, and saying all NFL employees who don't stand for the national anthem should be fired?

I don't agree that he has shown everyone he is a racist and I do believe that saying that is a violation of the flaming rules. I also do not know that there is evidence that he committed crimes only accusations, speculation and innuendo not actual evidence, if you have seen such evidence I would be interested to see it. As for the other things , other than the Pittsburgh reference which I do not know anything about, I don't see anything wrong with any of them.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't know how that is actually an answer or response to what I wrote?

Biden threatened Ukraine to fire their chief prosecutor who was investigating a Ukraine gas firm which his son was currently sitting on the board of directors making $50K a month! This was in 2018 while Biden was VP.

I was specifically talking about Joe Biden's behavior as the VP.

Upvote 0