Just in time for Easter, "God Bless the USA Bible" now being marketed with a paid endorsement from Donald Trump

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Truth Social LINK

1711483571886.png

From the website:

IS THIS BIBLE OFFICIALLY ENDORSED BY PRESIDENT TRUMP?​

Yes, this is the only Bible endorsed by President Trump!

IS ANY OF THE MONEY FROM THIS BIBLE GOING TO THE DONALD J. TRUMP CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENT?​

No, GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign. GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates.

GodBlessTheUSABible.com uses Donald J. Trump’s name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.

--

See also:

Donald Trump Jr. Hawking "We The People" Bibles with 100% Bonded Leather covers. Buy 3 for 15% off. Buy 10 for the best value -- a 30% savings!

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Dude just officially created a new denomination of Christianity. Florida Southern MAGA-Baptist.

There's no way Christians don't find this blasphemous, right? Or at the very least in really, really bad taste. I know what will happen though... they will come in with different versions of Bibles that have been published over the years under different themes and names and what not and will argue "iT"s ThE sAmE tHiNg!!!1" And then we'll all point out how those are bad too.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just saw this. Ugh.

IS ANY OF THE MONEY FROM THIS BIBLE GOING TO THE DONALD J. TRUMP CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENT?​

No, GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign. GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates.

GodBlessTheUSABible.com uses Donald J. Trump’s name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.
So the money is not going to the campaign, but straight to his pocket?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,096.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I thought...clickbait. It's something from The Onion or the Late Show. Maybe an example of an AI fake. But no...

'this is the only Bible endorsed by President Trump!'

Just...what? My gob has never been so smacked. My flabber never so gasted. What sort of man would do this? Words honestly fail me.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So the money is not going to the campaign, but straight to his pocket?
Well, it goes to GodBlesstheUSABible.com, and then Donald's percentage goes into his pocket.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He is notorious for not paying those people.
The amazing thing about the court process of appealling a decision is that he has to front up the money.
I don't know how long he can keep appealing but eventually the money will be handed over to the victims.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Dude just officially created a new denomination of Christianity. Florida Southern MAGA-Baptist.

There's no way Christians don't find this blasphemous, right? Or at the very least in really, really bad taste.

American Christians looooove bad taste.

Maybe he'll come up with a new translation to add the myriad of English language Bibles. It could be the DJTV (Donald J. Trump Version).
Well, you know he'll keep with tradition and have the edges of the pages covered in gold.

• Winner
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well, you know he'll keep with tradition and have the edges of the pages covered in gold.

Fortunately for my sanity, that's the reason why this question appears in the FAQ:

WHAT IF MY BIBLE HAS STICKY PAGES?​

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Fortunately for my sanity, that's the reason why this question appears in the FAQ:

WHAT IF MY BIBLE HAS STICKY PAGES?​

I thought American politics peaked when the Senate held a hearing to talk about boofing.

I was wrong.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,096.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Let's be perfectly clear here. This is not normal.

One might expect some grifter to be pumping the sale of a buy-two-get-one-free type of deal on a piece of exercise equipment or kitchen utility on some obscure channel on cable tv at 3:00am. That is normal. It's pitched at the type of person with an IQ not much higher than room temperature who actually watches tv at 3:00am.

(I just checked my tv. At 3:00am tomorrow there is a 30 minute infomercial for an electronic flossing device, squeezed in between an episode of Rawhide and Judge Judy).

But could anyone imagine, even in a fever racked dream that a president, an ex president or a potential president would be spruiking NFTs of himself dressed as a cowboy or an astronaut? Or selling golden sneakers? And now - this is really not credible, specially endorsed bibles?

If someone like Vonnegut had put a character like this into a novel then he'd never get it published. His agent would tell him that he'd pushed the limit of what people would accept, even in a satire, too far.

But for a lot of people, this is quite normal. And that is the absolutely horrifying thing about what we are seeing. That this is seen as being acceptable behaviour for someone who will be shortly asking the citizens of the US permission to get his hands on the nuclear codes.

It's beyond a joke. It's now beyond satire. And when it gets to that point it is dangerous.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

One might expect some grifter to be pumping the sale of a buy-two-get-one-free type of deal on a piece of exercise equipment or kitchen utility on some obscure channel on cable tv at 3:00am. That is normal. It's pitched at the type of person with an IQ not much higher than room temperature who actually watches tv at 3:00am.

(I just checked my tv. At 3:00am tomorrow there is a 30 minute infomercial for an electronic flossing device, squeezed in between an episode of Rawhide and Judge Judy).

But could anyone imagine, even in a fever racked dream that a president, an ex president or a potential president would be spruiking NFTs of himself dressed as a cowboy or an astronaut? Or selling golden sneakers? And now - this is really not credible, specially endorsed bibles?

If someone like Vonnegut had put a character like this into a novel then he'd never get it published. His agent would tell him that he'd pushed the limit of what people would accept, even in a satire, too far.

But for a lot of people, this is quite normal. And that is the absolutely horrifying thing about what we are seeing. That this is seen as being acceptable behaviour for someone who will be shortly asking the citizens of the US permission to get his hands on the nuclear codes.

It's beyond a joke. It's now beyond satire. And when it gets to that point it is dangerous.
I just hope that we can move beyond President Trump and get to President Camacho.

Seriously. A president who is aproachable and invites regular citizens to his barbecues? Who has actually worked a real job instead of bankrupting businesses he inherited from his daddy or been shuffled around political positions for 50 years? Who is of an age where one can reasonably expect him to live to the end of his tenure? And who, most importantly, brings in the most intelligent people to solve problems and is willing to step down for the common good?

Wouldn't that be a thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Vonnegut shuffled off of this mortal coil in 2007 and it might seem that he’s still writing from the Great Beyond, will AI become “Ice-nine”?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
From the website:

IS THIS BIBLE OFFICIALLY ENDORSED BY PRESIDENT TRUMP?​

Can a Christian learn what they need to know about Jesus from a non-endorsed Bible?

Just to be on the safe side, is it better just to go with a properly endorsed Bible?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If this is the Bible that his supporters have been using to guide their thoughts and actions, I'd be afraid that there might have been distortions and omissions.

His supporters don't read the Bible so there's no need for ommissions.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Fascinating detail, courtesy of WaPo:

[The Bible] was originally slated for release in 2021, but an outcry from a number of prominent Christians derailed the rollout.

--

The Uproar Over the “Ultimate American Bible”

In May [2021], controversy over “the ultimate American Bible” briefly rocked the Christian publishing world. Big-name Christian authors penned a letter blasting it as “dangerous,” and more than 900 people signed a petition decrying the decision to print the book. The Bible’s advertised publisher, a part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing [Zondervan], disavowed the book and denied it ever had plans to print it in the first place.

“We can’t unsee the Jesus signs next to Trump signs, the Confederate flag paraded, the broken windows, injured bodies and officers assaulted,” the Zondervan authors wrote in their public letter protesting the God Bless the USA Bible

The $60 Bible, which was originally set to ship early this month to commemorate the 20th anniversary of 9/11, was “inspired by” the country musician Lee Greenwood’s 1980s patriotic anthem “God Bless the USAand packages Scripture with the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance, and the handwritten chorus to Greenwood’s song. The ensuing uproar shows the challenges facing publishers in the lucrative Bible-printing business and the growing discomfort with Christian nationalism, the ideology that asserts the United States should be an explicitly Christian country.

[Ah, 2021, a more innocent time, when Christian nationalism was more broadly viewed as icky.]

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Can a Christian learn what they need to know about Jesus from a non-endorsed Bible?

Just to be on the safe side, is it better just to go with a properly endorsed Bible?
Pope Francis would definitely NOT give this Bible his imprimatur. Not only because Catholic translations (NAB, Jerusalem) include 7 more books, but also because Pope Francis' ethics, morality and beliefs are about as far apart from Trump's as one could get.

Upvote 0