Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Um, yeah did defeat her. More people voted for President Trump in the places that matter. You do understand how the Electoral College works, yes?

Only the total popular vote counts as "more people voted for (candidate name)." Teams don't win a game because they gained more yards between the 20s.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Only the total popular vote counts as "more people voted for (candidate name)." Teams don't win a game because they gained more yards between the 20s.
Perhaps not. But candidates win Presidential elections when they score more electoral votes than the other side does.

President Trump won more electoral votes than the other side did. So he won the election.

He defeated Hillary.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Um, yeah did defeat her. More people voted for President Trump in the places that matter. You do understand how the Electoral College works, yes?

I actually think their is good reason that he even defeated her in the popular vote when you see how they manage our voter roles, and how illegal aliens have been encouraged to vote etc. Lots of scary stories coming out of my native state of California on that.

But yes this hand waving of the official rules by liberals is pretty lame. It's like each election we have to explain why the Founding Fathers setup the electoral college to protect the small states and rural areas from being dominated by the big cities which is even more true for today then it was in Colonial times.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I actually think their is good reason that he even defeated her in the popular vote when you see how they manage our voter roles, and how illegal aliens have been encouraged to vote etc. Lots of scary stories coming out of my native state of California on that.

But yes this hand waving of the official rules by liberals is pretty lame. It's like each election we have to explain why the Founding Fathers setup the electoral college to protect the small states and rural areas from being dominated by the big cities which is even more true for today then it was in Colonial times.
Indeed, yes. You are correct. I would add that 2016 is an example of the system working as intended. An over-sized victory in California (by whatever means) shouldn't be enough to overrule the entire rest of the country.

Hillary over-performed in California. Good for her but that doesn't and shouldn't change the outcome of the election.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps not. But candidates win Presidential elections when they score more electoral votes than the other side does.

President Trump won more electoral votes than the other side did. So he won the election.

He defeated Hillary.

I was only saying more PEOPLE voted for Hillary. That is a fact.

Now, moving on . . .

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is exactly my point! Why do people like DONALD TRUMP instead of a Republican who always tells the truth when he needs to, never even thinks about breaking laws, and has no interest in living a pivate life life his job is a for-profit company? Trump does not check off any of those three criteria.
Trump always tells the truth that he creates. That's how success often works.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
He has nothing to do with the fact that Donald Trump is unqualified for his job
If he is unqualified, why is he outperforming all his predecessors in actually making good on his election promises?
Qualified or not, he is obviously the right man for the job.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If he is unqualified, why is he outperforming all his predecessors in actually making good on his election promises?

Qualified or not, he is obviously the right man for the job.

Why do you think he is outperforming all 44 of his predecessors?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think he is outperforming all 44 of his predecessors?
Let's be fair, President Trump's five or six predecessors didn't really set the bar all that high.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you don't mean all 44, don't imply it was all 44. Synecdoche is not a lesson taught in school.
Synecdoche is used all the time whether people know what it is called or not. People are usually able to recognise hyperbole when they see it though.

Upvote 0

ColoRaydo

Feb 9, 2017
Colorado
✟33,572.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Simple: He was the better of the two realistic choices.

Doesn’t that make you a hypocrite supporting someone who acts so non-Christian?

No more than it does driving on a road paved by someone who acts non-Christian or working for a non-Christian boss.

• Winner
Reactions: carp614
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Simple: He was the better of the two realistic choices.

Doesn’t that make you a hypocrite supporting someone who acts so non-Christian?

No more than it does driving on a road paved by someone who acts non-Christian or working for a non-Christian boss.

That's exactly what Donald Trump is, someone who acts like a non-Christian.

You did not answer my question. I specifically asked why you like Trump versus all of the other Republican candidates. Why do you think he is a good person to vote for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's exactly what Donald Trump is, someone who acts like a non-Christian.

You did not answer my question. I specifically asked why you like Trump versus all of the other Republican candidates. Why do you think he is a good person to vote for?

Everyone can act non-Christian. You and I included.

Not everyone votes based on a popularity contest. I have met many people that voted for people they didn't like - me included. It's happened a couple of times. People have voted for the best of two evils for many Presidential elections due to policy, etc - not likeability.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How are other Republicans more evil than Trump? Again, I am not talking why not Hillary.

The choice between "2 evils" wasn't in relation to Trump versus another Republican. The 2 so-called evils were Trump and Hillary. We're talking about the general election here.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The choice between "2 evils" wasn't in relation to Trump versus another Republican. The 2 so-called evils were Trump and Hillary. We're talking about the general election here.

I was very clear in my OP it is 100% about Trump vs. other Republicans and that Democrats have not one thing to do with the question. It is all about supporting and liking Trump himself at face value.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I didn't realize the comment was directed at me.

Yes, this last election....and other general elections.

People have used that phase in past for many elections. That they choose the best between two evils. It's a figure of speech.

I pointed that out since many of ChristianForCats comments were speaking about 'like'. Clearly, if people are picking the best between two evils you don't 'like' either of your choices. It's also called lessor of two evils as well. I have heard it both ways - same figure of speech principal.

Upvote 0