Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Whatever our political philosophy, I think character has to count.

If you cannot respect a candidate, and if you see that his character defects are wide enough to drive a mack truck through, then maybe you should not vote for him no matter WHAT his political philosophy is. There will be others, more honest, who share your philosophy. Give them a chance.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When everyone cares about the people in need more than rich men there will be good reasons to support honest Republicans. But that has never happened with a Republican in the White House.

Are you saying that you believe the democrats running for president care? They're the rich people you've been railing against! Now they're making promises in order to gain more power--the highest office of the most powerful country on earth.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No. But that's why we have programs for people who can't work. We have welfare, SSI, SSDI, food stamps, heating assistance, Section 8 low income housing, Medicare, Medicaid, low income tax credits, and other such things. What more are we supposed to want?

You need to do a lot of research on those programs to even begin to understand why the government has not been helping the old, poor, and disabled enough and must fix problems with them. I know because of my own experiences and talking to people on SSDI. You must have an open mind and read the facts with no partisan bias to accept the realities. I suspect you would choose to read from an opinionated view and not take anything at face value.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You need to do a lot of research on those programs to even begin to understand why the government has not been helping the old, poor, and disabled enough and must fix problems with them. I know because of my own experiences and talking to people on SSDI. You must have an open mind and read the facts with no partisan bias to accept the realities. I suspect you would choose to read from an opinionated view and not take anything at face value.

You're talking to one right now. Me. I speak from experience.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Are you saying that you believe the Democrats running for president care? They're the rich people you've been railing against! Now they're making promises in order to gain more power--the highest office of the most powerful country on earth.

The Democrat do care. They want tax dollars to be used for helping the American people who need them. Republicans brag about increasing employment without taking a single factor I mentioned into account or considering who is being rejected.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You're talking to one right now. Me. I speak from experience.

Did you manage to become and remain Medicaid eligible with over $1500 in the bank and a job?

Did Social Security ever tell you to give back your SSDI money after you left a job? That happened to me.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Democrat do care. They want tax dollars to be used for helping the American people who need them. Republicans brag about increasing employment without taking a single factor I mentioned into account or considering who is being rejected.

Tax dollars are for the general good, as in national defense, maintaining the roads, etc. The individual people themselves are responsible for personal things. The last thing I want to do is vote democrat simply because I believe he'll go after people who have been successful in order to give me more of what those people have earned.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did you manage to become and remain Medicaid eligible with over $1500 in the bank and a job?

Did Social Security ever tell you to give back your SSDI money after you left a job? That happened to me.

I sent you a PM.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
That's funny because my income is less than $12,000 a year and there's no rich person deciding anything for me. I make my own decisions and do the best I can.

But this is the whole point, Brother, it shouldn't just be about "doing the best you can", people deserve more, we all contribute to society, but I feel many people don't get enough back. Its not about nobody being or getting rich, its about closing the wealth gap to what's more fair, so the gulf isn't so large. Syndicalism can work within a free market enterprise economy!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums