Why Did "Global Warming" Become "Climate Change"?

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 1:26:
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

All climate change is a hoax. Turn on the news, everyday it's about some severe weather event...it's to brainwash the mases into believing climate change is real.

God wants us to use up the earth, there is plenty of resources for everybody. There is plenty of land.

Everything in the earth and the entire earth will pass away anyways. Turn off the TV and the "philosophers of this world".

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Everything in the earth and the entire earth will pass away anyways. Turn off the TV and the "philosophers of this world".

Including you, philosopher?

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Including you, philosopher?

No, my philosophy is not from the world...it's from the word of God. For the "philosophy" of the world is foolishness unto God and the "philosophy" of God is foolishness unto the world.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

All climate change is a hoax. Turn on the news, everyday it's about some severe weather event...it's to brainwash the mases into believing climate change is real.

God wants us to use up the earth, there is plenty of resources for everybody. There is plenty of land.

I completely agree...it is a complete distraction from what we all should be focused on. We should be letting people know Jesus loves them, God is in control and we have nothing to fear with Him in our life.

My TV and radio have been long gone.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, my philosophy is not from the world...it's from the word of God. For the "philosophy" of the world is foolishness unto God and the "philosophy" of God is foolishness unto the world.

Sounds like you're saying everyone's a fool but you.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like you're saying everyone's a fool but you.

There are lot's of people who will not kneel down to baal (satan) in this world.

The world seeks after their own rightenousness...they want to establish their own rightenousness rather than count on god for his (jesus) rightenousness.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are lot's of people who will not kneel down to baal (satan) in this world.

The world seeks after their own rightenousness...they want to establish their own rightenousness rather than count on god for his (jesus) rightenousness.

God bless you

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

If the study of the bible is the study of God's WORD, then the study of nature is the study of God's WORKS. Christians have nothing to fear from science. Here's what we've learned so far.

This is known physics that was discovered nearly 2 centuries years ago
Joseph Fourier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Watch the candle demonstrate the heat diverting properties of CO2. Starts 90 seconds in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Un69RMNSw

Mathematics around more CO2
Radiative forcing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Global Warming = ocean warming
Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Sea level rise: Global warming's yardstick

Glaciers retreating:
Glacier Retreat Pairs ? OSS Foundation

Physics shows that a warmer atmosphere can carry more water, increasing the severity of storms
Climate Hot Map

Floods, famines, droughts, rising seas, and a potential 100 million refugees. What's not to love? ;)

Christians should not become paranoid about scientific truth, but develop a correct Christian moral response to this just as we used to about things like freeing slaves, immunising kids, education programs, etc. The gospel is still our primary work, but that doesn't stop us loving our neighbour as well, and developing appropriate responses to threats to the poor. (Which is what climate change is.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The bible warns about 2 kinds of science, real science and "falsely so called science".

Satan is the master of deception...I believe he is the master of "falsely so called science". A lot of science today is corrupted...even according to the nobel prize winners of this world like peter duesberg, karry mullis, david rasnick etc.

It is very easy to setup the climate change "falsely so called science".

Just look at the "Peak Oil" arguments in the last century. Proven hoax.

I'm not against science, everyone is a scientist (unless you reserve that to people with lab coats and paper titles). I'm against falsely so called science, and that is climate change.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If the study of the bible is the study of God's WORD, then the study of nature is the study of God's WORKS.
Is this the reason atheistic scientists won't have an excuse at the Judgement Seat?

Or do they see Darwin, Linnaeus, Einstein, Newton, et.al., instead of God?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ironic that conservative Christians, of all people, are the most likely to ignore it, then.
Not freaking out about it is not the same as ignoring it.

What solutions for this warming do you have that will benefit Christians and the poor? Not everyone wants to pay taxes to have greenies sit on their fat behinds deving ways to punish others!

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The bible warns about 2 kinds of science, real science and "falsely so called science".

Satan is the master of deception...I believe he is the master of "falsely so called science". A lot of science today is corrupted...even according to the nobel prize winners of this world like peter duesberg, karry mullis, david rasnick etc.

It is very easy to setup the climate change "falsely so called science".

Just look at the "Peak Oil" arguments in the last century. Proven hoax.

I'm not against science, everyone is a scientist (unless you reserve that to people with lab coats and paper titles). I'm against falsely so called science, and that is climate change.
I see no evidence for anything that you are discussing.
I see plenty of evidence for anti-science conspiracies paid for by Big oil and King coal. You've been had.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I see no evidence for anything that you are discussing.
I see plenty of evidence for anti-science conspiracies paid for by Big oil and King coal. You've been had.

Big Oil and King Coal? Is Bono from U2 your scientist?!?!?

I trust God when he says have dominion over the earth. There is plenty of oil, plenty.

Reports of ?Peak Oil? Have Always Been Exaggerated - Bloomberg View

I can just pull up a "worldly science" article like the above to post the counter point. It's like the "lipid hypothesis"...the news is telling eggs are good one day, then eggs are bad the next day. Mammograms are good, mammograms are bad. Global warming, global cooling. Yada yada yada.

Most of these science experiments/predictions are false. It's not even scientific. Most are weak correlations (association IS NOT CAUSATION!!!!!), the rest are hoaxes.

No thanks, I will trust the word of God instead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

What solutions for this warming do you have that will benefit Christians and the poor? Not everyone wants to pay taxes to have greenies sit on their fat behinds deving ways to punish others!

That's paranoid rubbish. Everything I've read indicates that coal KILLS the poor right now, and is worth about 1 Chernobyl accident every week!

Fossil fuels get half a TRILLION dollars in subsidies every year worldwide
http://www.oecd.org/env/45575666.pdf

American health consequences of using fossil fuels

Asthma (hospital admissions) 3,020,
Pneumonia (hospital admissions) 4,040,
Asthma (emergency room visits) 7,160
Cardiovascular ills (hospital admissions) 9,720
Chronic bronchitis 18,600
Premature deaths 30,100
Acute bronchitis 59,000
Asthma attacks 603,000
Lower respiratory ills 630,000
Upper respiratory ills 679,000
Lost workdays 5.13 million
Minor restricted-activity days 26.3 million
WHO | Ambient (outdoor) air quality and health

Coal externalities cost America between a third and half a trillion a year!

The NRC report, which did not account for the other toxins, still found that the damages average about 3.2 cents for every kilowatt-hour (kWh) of energy produced from the coal plants. The average coal power plant operating expenses for major investor-owned utilities was 3.18 cents per kWh in 2012 according to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration..... A recent study from the Harvard Medical School’s Center for Health and the Global Environment estimated the economic, environmental, and health costs of coal. The Harvard University study found that coal’s cost on the economy is between $330 and $500 billion dollars each year, or 17-27 cents/kWh. Damages from mercury alone are $29 billion a year.
The External Costs of Fossil Fuels; Environmental and Health Value of Solar - Energy and Policy Institute

Christians that buy this tinfoil hat "it's all fake!" conspiracy theory are embarrassing our Lord and sticking their heads in the sand. If we don't do anything, this is going to hurt. A lot.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

That's paranoid rubbish. Everything I've read indicates that coal KILLS the poor right now, and is worth about 1 Chernobyl accident every week!

Great, so the question was what to do about it that benefits the Christians and poor? Should we give excessive grants to buddies of government folks to do wind stuff or etc?

How about something useful that would have results? Trim the military to say, 1/1000th of what is is, abolish NSA, and wasted plane rides. Cut vacations by plane by say, 90%. Have it illegal for the AL Gores to have a big house using power and cars etc to ask others to do more! Close universities and schools that teach evolution! Want more?

Why blame me for coal? Did I ask you to burn it??

Fossil fuels get half a TRILLION dollars in subsidies every year worldwide
http://www.oecd.org/env/45575666.pdf

Great, so a lot of things get subsidies! Let's start with not using fuel for politicians! Then none for greenies. Then we can work our way down from there.
American health consequences of using fossil fuels

Asthma (hospital admissions) 3,020,
Pneumonia (hospital admissions) 4,040,
Asthma (emergency room visits) 7,160
Cardiovascular ills (hospital admissions) 9,720
Chronic bronchitis 18,600
Premature deaths 30,100
They kill babies deliberately and that figure of 30,100 would be more like a day or a week!

Acute bronchitis 59,000
Asthma attacks 603,000
Lower respiratory ills 630,000
Upper respiratory ills 679,000
Lost workdays 5.13 million
Lost workdays?

Is that 5 million folks not driving to work!:)

The NRC report, which did not account for the other toxins, still found that the damages average about 3.2 cents for every kilowatt-hour (kWh) of energy produced from the coal plants. The average coal power plant operating expenses for major investor-owned utilities was 3.18 cents per kWh in 2012 according to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration..... A recent study from the Harvard Medical School’s Center for Health and the Global Environment estimated the economic, environmental, and health costs of coal. The Harvard University study found that coal’s cost on the economy is between $330 and $500 billion dollars each year, or 17-27 cents/kWh. Damages from mercury alone are $29 billion a year.

The military costs more in the US! Sure we can close a bunch of businesses and use less coal. The issue is who picks and why! Some people seem to think the answer is driving a 70,000 dollar electric car while looking down their nose at some family man going to work in a clunker.
Christians that buy this tinfoil hat "it's all fake!" conspiracy theory are embarrassing our Lord and sticking their heads in the sand. If we don't do anything, this is going to hurt. A lot.

False. Sin is real and pollution and power gluttony are among the real problems of the world. Christians are not interested in Druid like philosophy and pagan redistribution of power and wealth! At least I ain't.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Big Oil and King Coal? Is Bono from U2 your scientist?!?!?

I trust God when he says have dominion over the earth. There is plenty of oil, plenty.
The word in the Hebrew is a similar word to the servant hearted leadership expressed in the shepherd kings of Israel. It's careful leadership, not exploitation.

Reports of ?Peak Oil? Have Always Been Exaggerated - Bloomberg View
What? You're confusing the 2 topics. One is about resource scarcity, the other is about resource pollution & effects.

I can just pull up a "worldly science" article like the above to post the counter point. It's like the "lipid hypothesis"...the news is telling eggs are good one day, then eggs are bad the next day. Mammograms are good, mammograms are bad. Global warming, global cooling. Yada yada yada.
You're a bit confused: dietary science is still progressing with a lot more evidence required, but global warming is much simpler.

Most of these science experiments/predictions are false. It's not even scientific. Most are weak correlations (association IS NOT CAUSATION!!!!!), the rest are hoaxes.

Causation? I'll SHOW YOU CAUSATION!!!!!
Spend just 1 minute on youtube: 60 seconds.
Watch the candle! (Drag the cursor till you're 90 seconds in for the Candle).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Un69RMNSw

No thanks, I will trust the word of God instead.
You have not demonstrated that the word of God is against climate change.
I'll trust both. I'll obey the word of God by loving my neighbour in how I vote and live with regards to climate change. You're 'obeying' a sham, a fraud, a coal-funded lie and silly tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. You're bringing shame to those who honour God's word.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hebrew was a dead language for more than 2000 years. The hebrew "discovered" by the "worldly" philosophers is not the hebrew of the old. Just look at how much the english vernacular has changed in the last 200 years.

Those arguing to go back to the 'original hebrew language' is trying to subject god to the "worlds wisdom".....do not be deceived, hold steadfast to the word of God in your King James Bible.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why blame me for coal? Did I ask you to burn it??
You're ranting and confused. Try to write smaller sentences and actually think about the implications of what you are saying. EG: I'm 'blaming you' for coal because you're attacking climate science. Try and think through the link, and get back to me when you can write a coherent sentence.

Great, so a lot of things get subsidies! Let's start with not using fuel for politicians! Then none for greenies. Then we can work our way down from there.
They kill babies deliberately and that figure of 30,100 would be more like a day or a week!
Try and stay on the subject. Do you think coal should get half a TRILLION dollars subsidies a year when it causes that much economic damage in the USA alone?

Lost workdays?

Is that 5 million folks not driving to work!:)
OK, so you're behind people getting throat cancer etc to curb climate change now? ;) :thumbsup: Try thinking before you write.

The military costs more in the US! Sure we can close a bunch of businesses and use less coal.
Absolutely no need to, unless you're talking about coal businesses. Coal mining should be moved into uranium and lithium and even boron metal powder mining, because nuclear power can *easily* replace ALL fossil fuels we use, especially if coal mining companies switch into mining lithium for Tesla motor's electric cars, and possibly into splitting water for hydrogen, synthetic diesel, or even burning boron powder to run trucks and harvesters. This will result in cleaner air, less health costs for the USA, more energy security.

The issue is who picks and why! Some people seem to think the answer is driving a 70,000 dollar electric car while looking down their nose at some family man going to work in a clunker.
Elon Musk is bringing down the price of EV's to family car status.

Sin is real and pollution and power gluttony are among the real problems of the world.

You mean the same sin and greed that might corrupt wealthy coal barons into funding denialist activities in church?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaKm89eVhoE

Christians are not interested in Druid like philosophy and pagan redistribution of power and wealth! At least I ain't.
Wrong: Christians ARE interested in ways to move superannuation from funding coal to funding clean energy technologies like renewables and GenIV, nuclear-waste-eating, passive safety reactors that even Homer Simpson couldn't break. 350.org founder Bill McKibben is a Christian, and he started the Divestment campaign. Now all manner of Universities and National Governments and even Prince Charles have all Divested: moved their super out of coal into clean energy and non-fossil fuel related investments.

Have you?

Is your super exposed?

How much money are you going to lose when the $6 TRILLION in global investments in fossil fuels comes tumbling down? The G20 are worried about these stranded assets.
https://cleantechnica.com/2015/04/30/g20-launch-probe-possible-6-trillion-worth-stranded-assets/

Upvote 0