✟301,850.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I like your new avatar.

Thanks, it's one of the new Facebook ones. Once you've created it, you get a bunch of stickers. I saved them all to my phone then put them up on Google Drive so I can get them on my computer too. Added a background in Photoshop and walla!

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, it's one of the new Facebook ones. Once you've created it, you get a bunch of stickers. I saved them all to my phone then put them up on Google Drive so I can get them on my computer too. Added a background in Photoshop and walla!

Cool!

• Friendly
Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,110.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That was a tangent, but I can apply it to this topic. Of course I don't believe in evolution, of neither body or thought. But I believe that either belief, whether of creation or evolution, affects one's general thought process. And because of this I believe that the spiritual person is better able to deal with today's problems than others.
These very spiritual people cope with today's problems very well. :|

EA0VZVAXYAcLtCt

eight_col_075_vansise-notitle200501_npHVR.jpg

Israeli police arrest Orthodox Jews for public gatherings amid coronavirus
ggr8RXI8iII.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Selective blindness is part of your spirituality? Slective blindness helps you to cope with today's problems?:scratch::doh:

Couldn't think of a humorous quip for the other images :D (unable to delete them as well).

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
That's pretty weak defense of evolution. ;)
Yet you do not believe it, you believe in one of several ancient middle eastern mythologies, which offers up no evidence at all for its extraordinary claims.

If you want to posit that there is some flaw in evolution because people are incompetent, I think you will just end up making your religion look ridiculous.

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
But to the topic.

One reason we don't do many things the right way is that we have institutionalized (baked in) ways that don't work very well for society in general. But we have the opportunity now to change some of those things. This pandemic will cause much of what we do to change, hopefully for the better.
And yet... It seems to be primarily YOUR people (right wing Christians) that are doing their best to undermine those chances.

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
And because of this I believe that the spiritual person is better able to deal with today's problems than others.
Your absurd spiritual groupthink blinders are on MAX POWER.

Do you not listen to the Greatest Christian Ever, the Anointed one, the one chosen by God himself, Donald Trump? How is he dealing with these problems? His "spiritual advisors" busily hawk conspiracy theories and quack cures and blame the gays for it all - how on earth is that 'dealing with today's problems'?
This pandemic is a case in point. It is inconceivable that this disease would arise from a Christian culture. On the other hand it is no surprise that it would arise from where it clearly did, either a market featuring a horrid assortment of unclean animals, or a laboratory mismanaged by 'secular' scientists who have no compunction regarding experimenting with "the unclean thing".

It is the disregard for principles (spiritual values) that are responsible for most of the problems we face.
So I guess you totally never heard of the bubonic plague? Pretty sure that all of Europe was not just a Christian culture, but a forced Christian culture.

You never seem to make much sense, as is the conservative Christian's tendency.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yet you do not believe it, you believe in one of several ancient middle eastern mythologies, which offers up no evidence at all for its extraordinary claims.

If you want to posit that there is some flaw in evolution because people are incompetent, I think you will just end up making your religion look ridiculous.

My observations of human incompetence aren't based on my religious beliefs and I don't represent them as such. People who believe in creation are also incompetent.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And yet... It seems to be primarily YOUR people (right wing Christians) that are doing their best to undermine those chances.

I have no 'people'. I'm a independent, moderate conservative with no religious or political affiliation.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your absurd spiritual groupthink blinders are on MAX POWER.

Do you not listen to the Greatest Christian Ever, the Anointed one, the one chosen by God himself, Donald Trump? How is he dealing with these problems? His "spiritual advisors" busily hawk conspiracy theories and quack cures and blame the gays for it all - how on earth is that 'dealing with today's problems'?

Donald Trump is not a spiritual person and few Christians view him as such. He is simply the better choice of two evils in their opinion.

So I guess you totally never heard of the bubonic plague? Pretty sure that all of Europe was not just a Christian culture, but a forced Christian culture.

You never seem to make much sense, as is the conservative Christian's tendency.

Perhaps you should learn more about that plague, and why the Jews, who practiced God's laws of sanitation and quarantine, fared better than most.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which makes me wonder if part of the driver of religious beliefs are those hardships in the first place. Especially since almost every conversion story I've ever read usually starts out with a tragedy.

God called me out of a very enjoyable, and profitable, worldly lifestyle, likely to avert a future tragedy. :eek:

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0