HERTFORDSHIRE
✟10,195.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I feel everytime I try to do something right it goes wrong. Why does this happen, am I not determined enough to stick to it. I say to God that "you know Im going to fail at this, please help me with my weakness"
I want to be strong and stay strong and mean what I say but there is something in me that stops me right in my tracks, its quite annoying and I always get angry with myself for failing.

All the things I want to do I cant or I have no motivation and think "whats the point"
Im sick of being walked all over. I havent been to church for I dont know how long because of newcomers bringing trouble into the church. My neighbour is disruptive and I cant cope with her anymore.
I feel lonely all the time. I know God is there always and never leaves me but I cant seem to talk to Him anymore, like I cant be bothered with anyone else either.
Im not depressed, I feel quite happy, I just wish people would just leave me alone or I could do something new or have someone new in my life.
At the moment Im sat at home, its a nice day outside, my little girl is on her school holidays but I cant be bothered getting off my backside and doing anything with her. The world just doesnt feel like a good place to be right now.
Its like I want to avoid every being that lives on the earth because its so disruptive and I think "whats the point"
What is wrong with me, why am I feeling this way? Why cant I listen to God anymore, it feels like my heart isnt in it, like he probably isnt really there or he cant hear me anyway, it makes it harder that I cant even see Him.
I just want Him to take me by the hand and lead me to the right places.

emperormar

Hep Cat Daddio!
Aug 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
✟8,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you been reading God's word?
There is no better way to listen to God than to read what He has written.

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." -1 Peter 5:7

"God heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds." Psalm 147:3

"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.” -Deuteronmy 31:8

"Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!” -Nehemiah 8:10

Upvote 0

JusSumguy

Aug 15, 2009
Surf City
✟627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No expert here, but it reads to me like you're depressed.

And it sounds like you're depressed because you're lonely.

I would suggest trying out a new church. Go get yourself a good man to love. At least, get some friendship and focus back.

PS: Not fair, you made me cry. :)

-

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Some level of depression is quite possible.

Some people just 'run out of steam' when life, and what they know of God just don't relate that much. Unfortunately, that's not uncommon. There is not enough life related, well founded biblical teaching around. We spend about 2% of our waking lives at church activities, but virtually 100% of the teaching relates primarily to that 2%, leaving 98% of our lives that are never seriously bought within a biblical framework. That's where you might be.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
F

freeport

I feel everytime I try to do something right it goes wrong. Why does this happen, am I not determined enough to stick to it. I say to God that "you know Im going to fail at this, please help me with my weakness"
I want to be strong and stay strong and mean what I say but there is something in me that stops me right in my tracks, its quite annoying and I always get angry with myself for failing.

All the things I want to do I cant or I have no motivation and think "whats the point"
Im sick of being walked all over. I havent been to church for I dont know how long because of newcomers bringing trouble into the church. My neighbour is disruptive and I cant cope with her anymore.
I feel lonely all the time. I know God is there always and never leaves me but I cant seem to talk to Him anymore, like I cant be bothered with anyone else either.
Im not depressed, I feel quite happy, I just wish people would just leave me alone or I could do something new or have someone new in my life.
At the moment Im sat at home, its a nice day outside, my little girl is on her school holidays but I cant be bothered getting off my backside and doing anything with her. The world just doesnt feel like a good place to be right now.
Its like I want to avoid every being that lives on the earth because its so disruptive and I think "whats the point"
What is wrong with me, why am I feeling this way? Why cant I listen to God anymore, it feels like my heart isnt in it, like he probably isnt really there or he cant hear me anyway, it makes it harder that I cant even see Him.
I just want Him to take me by the hand and lead me to the right places.

It was written of Jesus that He 'often went off to be by himself'.

Why, do you think, that was?

Who did he praise as having 'faith greater then anyone I have seen in Israel'? A Roman centurion.

Just relax, why would you think Jesus does not understand how hard it is to deal with troublesome people, especially when they seem to be all around you?

You have to take a deep breath, relax, and get up on your feet again and go out there and love your enemies.

The world is going to crucify you, they will take your love and not give it back, and they are going to slap you proverbially left and right.

Get up in the Spirit again after putting it to rest and prayer, consider where God is, and go forward, putting the past behind you.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like you have landed smack dab in the middle of Romans 7...the things you don't want to do, you end up doing, and the things you want to do, you don't do. Paul said "O wretched man that I am, who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

Is this you? Only you can answer. BUT....if it is. there is good news if you are ready to hear it.

Who was this chapter written about? Certainly it was a Christian. But it was a christian who labored to please God under the burden of the law, with the weight of responsibility on OUR shoulders, not His.

Now, it may not be that you are under the direct Mosaic law of commandments, but the law goes far deeper than that. It can be any requirements you feel you must do in order to walk successfully with God, that you have to do out of your own goodness and strength.

The bottom line is YOU CANNOT OBEY by the law. You will fail. God knows it already. You do not. That is what the law must teach us.

How man of us even today serve God in the time of the new covenant yet in the spirit of the old. The law sets no one free. It has one purpose, to bring us like a schoolmaster to the feet of Jesus asking for Him to come live in us and obey through us. Sounds simple, right? It is...but the breaking of confidence in the flesh can be costly and painful. How we struggle to think if we just try harder, we can do it. God wantgs us broken of all self confidence, for only then will He show us how strong He can be thru us, in us, and cause us to obey. He promised it in Ezekiel 36 and if we are smart, we will run to believe it.

Upvote 0

BobW188

Growling Maverick
Jul 19, 2008
Southern Minnesota
✟10,103.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Some degree of depression - as that term is used in the medical/psychiatric sense, not as we use it in everyday speech - could be involved. It's also quite possible that a purely physical problem is at fault. Diet, exercise or the lack of it, a low grade infection - these are only a few of the things that can affect your energy level without rendering you "depressed." Along with prayer, I'd suggest a visit to a doctor or clinic.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.