United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm... I'm sure there's someone out there for you...mehguy and darbo

Yeah probably a few hundred thousand to be honest. Least of the really good matches.

Upvote 0

JesusFreak2008

Living Life To Its Fullest Each Day, Praising God
May 1, 2008
Mentor on the Lake, Ohio
Visit site
✟9,377.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well... I feel like my own troubles are sort of piddly after JF's story. :(

.... didn't mean to uh... make anyone feel bad... just telling why I'm single...

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because I never met anyone that I thought was worth it.....
I guess I'm picky....
I have high standards, but not too high. I basically don't deal well with unneeded drama and crap and will not be with someone that won't treat me or others right. There's a lot of people (guys and girls) floating around out there who live daily for unneeded drama and crap so I didn't meet anyone that I felt was on the same wave length as me. I was in a serious relationship a few years ago and he is the one guy I think I could have married at the time, but things didn't work out and i'm now so very glad they didn't. Anyways, I met someone this year that exhibits all those qualities that I admire and he's someone that is willing to work together with me to make this relationship work. He's not a drama lama, and doesnt have unfair expectations to beat me over the head with, he seems to love me for being me, and i've never been in a relationship like this where it's so easy to work together to move forward. Will it end in me not being single (as in not married) anymore? Only time will tell, but I have no anguish over it.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well I am single because it is God's will for this part of my life and I refuse to be in any relationship (other then friendship) with a guy who isn't a Christian. If I didn't care if a guy was a Christian or not I doubt I'd still be single. I'd rather be single and obedient to God in this area then married or dating a non-Christian.

Reactions: Allen1901
Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Being in a relationship would totally cramp my style.

Edit: I feel the need to expand.

I have no burning desire to be in a relationship, I have no great desire to date, I don't feel sad about my lack of intimate companionship and can quite honestly say there is no burning desire that is suffering from a lack of spouse. I've been one dates, perfectly nice ones with perfectly nice people, in fact I feel that it would be quite easy to get involved with a perfectly pleasant individual and lead perfectly pleasant lives, but that isn't right. You shouldn't enter into a relationship with someone when you can't give them what they deserve/need/want, otherwise you're just leading them down a road of disappointment/resentment/various things.

Oh, and if you listen to the relatives/friends it's because;
. i've not found the right man.
. i'm a late bloomer.
. God has greater plans.
. the end of the world is nigh.
. I have impossible-to-achieve standards.
. i'm a lavender scented old woman.
. i'm frigid.
. i'm a commitmentphobe.

... not that i've been keeping note or anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Howard Cneal

Oct 26, 2010
✟16,809.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As for me…

I’m trying to think… why am I single? I don’t really have any answer for the question, to be honest. I guess the answer is, because God has not brought me and someone I would like to be with together yet. That’s really it.

I was thinking about this last night… about how I got ‘here.’ And I could write out what has happened to me the last 8 or 9 years in relationships, and how I’ve ended up single for so long. But I’m not sure if it’s really necessary.

What I do know is, I’m attractive. I have little trouble attracting girls… albeit, they usually tend to be a little young for me. I guess that goes with the territory when you look as young as I. I have a lot of great qualities and much to offer someone in a relationship – I’m smart, funny, clever, confident, romantic, ambitious, kind, I love God, I have high moral standards, I also expect a lot out of a mate. But I don’t think what I’m looking for is impossible to find. No, I’ve come VERY close to finding someone that is exactly what I’m looking for. It just didn’t work out. But I refuse to settle, so that could be why I have not yet met her at the moment.

Just recently, I came out of a situation where I basically wasted the last two years of my life, believing somebody to be something they were not. As a result, I turned down a lot of great girls I know were interested in me. Now that I’m done with school, I have a much smaller circle of girls to choose from and to meet. Work has not really availed much in this regard either. I’m not into internet dating (I tried it before a couple times and it ALWAYS ended poorly), so that’s out. The church I had been attending had some girls in it, but they are all under some weird, cultist religious order not to date (I know…), so it’s a waste of time trying to look there. Plus most of them are simply not my type, and we would have VERY little in common, sad to say. So I am looking for a new church, though not just to meet girls. I’m not expecting a whole lot either.

I can’t say God has let me down, because He never does. In fact, a lot of this situation was created initially out of my own insecurities, neediness and lack of faith. It was only after I began to build my self confidence and esteem, and started realizing how great God has made me, that I began to feel better about myself, and started projecting a better and more attractive me to the world. Once that happened, I began noticing more and more girls taking an interest in me. So yes, confidence IS key.

Time would fail me to talk about past relationships, a failed engagement, etc. It was all years ago now, so what can I say? I learned from my mistakes and have decided NOT to settle. Now that I know what I want, I’m not going back. I am doing my best to trust God, that He will bring the right gal to me (clearly the best choice there), but until then, I’m just waiting. I’m at the stage in my life (over 25) where I’d like to seriously think about settling down with an awesome person. But I can’t do that until she appears. And with such a limited dating pool available right now, I’m basically waiting on God to cause her to appear. Who knows, we could even bump into each other at Walmart or something… Anything’s possible.

So, for me, it’s just a matter of building that hope inside me, and letting God do what only He can do. He knows the best possible person for me, out of these 3 billion or so women out there. He can do what I cannot.

Upvote 0

Journey_On

Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2007
✟50,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I have not met the "right person" yet.

Most of the time I am pretty content with being single at this time in my life. It will give me more time to focus on God, education (starting grad school soon), future career, family, and myself.

I want to say I feel hopeful about the future and finding a mate.

Upvote 0

Penny75002

Oct 29, 2010
Allen, Texas, U.S.A.
✟15,135.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
I have never been single before now. I got married at age 17 and my husband died last year ( May 2009 ). We were married 31 years. ( you didn't know this would be a math quiz post, did you? )
I sort of like just having it be me and GOD now... I can do what I want, when I want with nobody to worry about but me.
Penny

Reactions: Perhaps Today
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not a question I often ask myself. After giving it some thought, I'd say the #1 reason I am single is:

I'm uber picky for the society I'm residing in.

#2 reason is:

Fear of being used and/or fear of not being loved back.

#3 reason is:

I used to miss companionship and sex and what have you ALOT - but I've sort of become accustomed to being alone, excepting certain times. I fill my time with work and hobbies and friends and unfortunately - vice (yes, I drink too much beer). The latter could probably be #4 from the ladies perspective. It's my own gluttonous indulgement I'm not proud of.

I'm 37 and a widower and for years after becoming so I was not open to a relationship at all. I was simply too messed up.

Alot of women around my age are either married, in a relationship of some description or are divorced with kids. A good deal of the rest have substituted a mate for gluttony and unhealthy food which is uber un-attractive to me.

At 37, I still seem to attract the younger lass's which is good but disconcerting because most of them aren't sure what they want - excepting base needs (food,shelter) I can presently provide. It's a little scary to me that I might be a target simply because I can provide a ready made "nest" - a nest my wife and I built and I have conflicting thoughts on my sharing of it unrestricted - not least because Australia's laws seem to be so horribly biased towards women - and because I am alone here - all the family I had in Australia (and who I could trust) (my wife and both her parents) died within 3 years.

Upvote 0

Spirit_Star

Dec 14, 2008
USA
✟15,607.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It’s a little of both for one I have not meet the right guy. Also I’m not ready to be in a relationship I have other things to work on first. My relationship with God/Jesus, my spirituality, my self esteem (which is not that high) and some other things.

Upvote 0

Penny75002

Oct 29, 2010
Allen, Texas, U.S.A.
✟15,135.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Steffenfield,
Ha ha " a tough Godly cookie" ? that's funny!
The Lord gives.. the Lord takes away. I have been very blessed. Before every death of anyone that I have been close to in my life, I have had a chance to say goodbye.. so many people don't...
anyway... this is about being single.. not grief, marriage or moving on
I have only dated a couple of times since becoming single and wow- things have changed A LOT since 1978 when I was last single!
I think I'll stay this way for awhile.
If God wants me to have a new Mr. Wonderful, he'll send him to me!
no worries here!
Penny

PS. Stravinsk's comment about gluttony got me thinking... I have gained about 25 lbs since my husband died! I might have a Bible in front of me more than ever before but in no way am I honoring God when I have a milkshake in one hand and extra cheesey lasangna in the other!

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
For my serious answer: I don't believe I've earned it yet. There was a time earlier this year when I thought maybe I had but once it fell apart I realized I still have a long way to go and it's quite possible I may never be good enough. I've learned to be content with that and in the meantime I'm trying to do my best so that maybe I'll get a second chance. I know a lot of great people who have a wonderful relationship with Christ, an amazing career and plenty of success and many of them are married and most are younger than I am. I realize that at 24 I'm way behind most people my age and I have to run much faster than I have been.

I know I've lost a lot of time but I'm hoping to make up for it somehow. :)

Reactions: mina
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steffenfield

Jul 9, 2010
✟6,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hiya Penny!

I think I went in the complete opposite direction that you did.

I've pretty much stopped eating for quite some time now.

But yeah, extra cheesy lasagna sounds absolutely delightful! :love2:
How long would it take for you to mail me some? :)

Upvote 0

Steffenfield

Jul 9, 2010
✟6,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Penny!

Yeah, but I don't see why you couldn't mail it to me though.

All you need to do is first find the weight of the lasagna before you can ship it to me.

Get on the scale, get off the scale, write that number down, grab the lasagna then step back on the scale, get off the scale and write that second number down. Subtract second number from first and that's the total weight of the cheesy lasagna.

Next, you need to find out what the girth is of the lasagna. I'm guessing it's probably going to be, um, like 3, ah, girth units.

Hit me up! :love2:

Upvote 0

Penny75002

Oct 29, 2010
Allen, Texas, U.S.A.
✟15,135.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Hi again Steefenfield-
I am still a newbie.. I can not send private messages to the general public.
Couldn't I just put the lasagna on the scale by itself? Wouldn't that be a true representation of its weight?
Ok.. I'll have to get some via the web.. look for it at the post office. Steffenfield General delivery, Lansing!
I am supposed to be studying so I am logging off now
" talk" to you soon, Buddy!
Penny

Upvote 0