elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I think you will agree that before anyone can know Jesus they must first be told about him, you can not believe and trust someone you have never heard about or do not know, you're from the US and I'm from Ireland so we got to hear about the Christian God as soon as we were able to understand (well I did), had we been born somewhere else or to parents of another faith we would have been told about their God, we can say we were lucky it was the Christian God we got to know but that's because he's the God we believe in so we are bound to be somewhat biased.

God does not make people believe in him because if he did everyone on the planet would be a Christian.

I don't agree that those who do not hear about Jesus are destined to be tortured forever by God. Is that what you believe? Do you think it is a matter of luck--as in being born in the correct country or place or family, that allows one to receive the gift of eternal life? I agree God does not make anyone believe in Him. Believing in God is not the end all of being faithful to God. Faith without love is worthless.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am Christian because God made each of us to be drawn to Him.
He gives mankind graces each day. It is when we accept the graces He freely distributes and we want them, that we shall have them.
Grace, and not ourselves alone, is how we know God and believe in Him.

Creation itself points to the Intelligent designer. it did not come about disorganized, accidentally, or of its own choosing.

Nothing always leads to nothing. Bangs do not occur without a catalyst. Bangs cannot form from itself, material.
Intelligence created the world, the universe and all the organization of such.
Mans intelligence cannot be taken for granted as though we own it from the hopes two genders eventually evolved and were perfect to procreate.
And not only in man, but all other species as well.
There is not even any odds of that occurring because the possibility just doesnt exist.

I personally believe because i accepted the grace afforded me and didnt turn firmly from it. I wasnt resolute in denying God, so i can feel Him and not feel Him because it is in my mind, but he is external and yet His Spirit fills my soul with peace. It is He Who has helped me in wisdom.

Furthermore; I am Christian because God - the Creator - did not abandon us - but everything He chose to be recorded was kept intact and fulfilled in the Christ.
Which would be next to impossible to endeavor to achieve via accident or deliberate - especially His very death.

One needs to open themselves to grace - with a humble heart - and then seek out the prophesies to know how they were fulfilled.

OR just take their chances of psuedo man made and without proof religions.
After all, besides Judaism, God didnt speak to anyone else since the dawn of time.

Mythology, philosophy, and lack of history does not truth make.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2011
Karlstad
✟8,452.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
Becasue Jesus works.
The things He taught are without error. I mean, I've tested what He said and found every statement to be accurate and true. There are no other "spiritual leaders" who have a perfect record.

That led me to trust the source as well, the scriptures. Is there good reason to? No. The bible was written by man and a number of other men decided what should and should not be in the Bible. Men I don't really have any solid reason to trust even. Still, from what I can tell, they did a perfect job. I've read some of the stuff they left out, and I have to agree with their choice.

From what I can tell, the Bible has been under God's hand the whole time.
And God actually works in my life. Changes things. That's why I believe.
No thanks to my home church...that's for sure.

Yes, I totally agree with you!

The Development of the Canon of the New Testament - Cross Reference Table: Writings and Authorities

If we take this site for an example, we can here see that our churchfathers did a great choice when they accepted the gospels and the epistles as canon. For an example:

15 of 16 used the gospel of Mattew,
14 of 16 used the gospel of Mark.
15 of 16 used the gospel of Luke
13 of 16 used the gospel of John
13 of 16 used Acts

Compare this Gospels and Acts with this gospels

* 0 of 16 used the gospels of Thomas. 2 churchfathers (Origen and Eusebius) said this gospels was false

* 1 of 16 used gospel of truth.

* 0 of 16 used Gospel of the Twelve.

* 0 of 16 used Gospel of Peter.

And so on - you can see for yourself, But I really believe that the church did a great job!

Upvote 0