A bunch of metaphysical and existential questions from a non-Christian (but who was baptized Orthodox as a child)

Basilius

Dec 27, 2023
Bonn
✟739.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Hello good people,

As already mentioned in my introduction thread, I was baptized Orthodox in a church in Moscow in the 90s at the age of 3. At the age of 5 I moved to Western Europe and lost my spiritual roots. Since then, I have had almost nothing to do with Christianity, but more with philosophy and Buddhism. Recently, however, I have been asking questions that I think are worth trying to ask CHRISTIANS, especially I would be happy to receive answers from Eastern Orthodox Christians, as they seem to be the most interesting for me in my context. But all others are welcome too.
-
Questions:

1. Why the whole theater called existence? Why is something and not nothing? There could have been nothing, but it is something, we perceive it through consciousness. We now assume that the Christian doctrine is correct, why did the almighty God create this theater called: BEING? For what? When the answers come, he was bored, he wanted to give others the opportunity to admire his creation, it indicates that it is not a perfect God, but a human projection.

2. Why did the devil, the serpent, exist in the Garden of Eden?

3. Why does Satan, the evil, the bad, exist at all if God is almighty? Couldn't he take it away with a flick of his wrist? Why all the drama? If they say Adam and Ewa brought it on themselves because they ate the apple of good and bad, why did the almighty and GOOD GOD allow it? Why did he EVEN CREATE THIS POSSIBILITY THAT THERE WOULD BE A DAMNED TREE WITH APPLES THAT WOULD BRING YOU TO DAMNATION?

4. Why can an almighty God feel envy, anger, etc.? For me, that doesn't make him a god. Feelings are ejaculations from a moved and worried spirit.

5. If Satan is still active on earth, why can't God just kill him, God is omnipotent?

6. Could it be that the god is not a good god? or a form of deism? That he cannot intervene? Because when I look at history, everything is full of blood, rape, torture, murder... Holocaust (!), hunger in Africa, poverty, addiction etc. How can a good God allow this? When they say it's a TEST from God and we humans have brought it on ourselves, it's like saying that when I see a teenager about to stab another teenager and I'm relaxed or, for all I care, in tears watching him kill the other but not doing anything because I want to be sure whether the teenager (MY SON!) is going to heaven or hell. Isn't it absurd? A kind of theater that God has created for himself in order to...yes for what? To amuse himself? What kind of God is this?

7. Why did God make such a "spectacle" of himself? The burning bush with Moses...the voice in heaven, Jesus, etc. If he is omnipotent, why all this fuss? Divided seas, healings of the blind and hunchbacked (in an already transient world) FOR WHAT? WHY? why not just say: Hello, I am God. Such and such is existence, I made it to achieve this or that? What's with all this guesswork?

8. Actually, all of my questions always fall into the same category, namely, why the hell does this existence exist and not nothing. And FOR WHAT, this mystery-mystery theater with tests, praying, talking to God about his problems, anointings, incense, serious looks, angels, dramas, eroticism. FOR WHAT? It seems like the god is a kind of Sims creator who has fun playing with us. Is it a playing god? For whom murder and rape are acceptable, as they are for us when we play PC games?

And the last question would be:

9. Even if there were other universes before the big bang, there must have been something that first had a force, the unmoved mover. And yet this doesn't make sense to our understanding, because there always has to be something in front of it. But I can even accept that as the great final mystery. BUT ideas or theories about this would be interesting from long-time Christians.

Although the questions might sound very angry or offensive to some Christians, I can't find any other words to (I HOPE) be proven wrong.

Thank you.

PS: If my English reads bizarrely, that's why I use a translator.

Reactions: linux.poet

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello good people,

As already mentioned in my introduction thread, I was baptized Orthodox in a church in Moscow in the 90s at the age of 3. At the age of 5 I moved to Western Europe and lost my spiritual roots. Since then, I have had almost nothing to do with Christianity, but more with philosophy and Buddhism. Recently, however, I have been asking questions that I think are worth trying to ask CHRISTIANS, especially I would be happy to receive answers from Eastern Orthodox Christians, as they seem to be the most interesting for me in my context. But all others are welcome too.
-
Questions:

1. Why the whole theater called existence? Why is something and not nothing? There could have been nothing, but it is something, we perceive it through consciousness. We now assume that the Christian doctrine is correct, why did the almighty God create this theater called: BEING? For what? When the answers come, he was bored, he wanted to give others the opportunity to admire his creation, it indicates that it is not a perfect God, but a human projection.

3. Why does Satan, the evil, the bad, exist at all if God is almighty? Couldn't he take it away with a flick of his wrist? Why all the drama? If they say Adam and Ewa brought it on themselves because they ate the apple of good and bad, why did the almighty and GOOD GOD allow it? Why did he EVEN CREATE THIS POSSIBILITY THAT THERE WOULD BE A DAMNED TREE WITH APPLES THAT WOULD BRING YOU TO DAMNATION?

4. Why can an almighty God feel envy, anger, etc.? For me, that doesn't make him a god. Feelings are ejaculations from a moved and worried spirit.

5. If Satan is still active on earth, why can't God just kill him, God is omnipotent?

6. Could it be that the god is not a good god? or a form of deism? That he cannot intervene? Because when I look at history, everything is full of blood, rape, torture, murder... Holocaust (!), hunger in Africa, poverty, addiction etc. How can a good God allow this? When they say it's a TEST from God and we humans have brought it on ourselves, it's like saying that when I see a teenager about to stab another teenager and I'm relaxed or, for all I care, in tears watching him kill the other but not doing anything because I want to be sure whether the teenager (MY SON!) is going to heaven or hell. Isn't it absurd? A kind of theater that God has created for himself in order to...yes for what? To amuse himself? What kind of God is this?

7. Why did God make such a "spectacle" of himself? The burning bush with Moses...the voice in heaven, Jesus, etc. If he is omnipotent, why all this fuss? Divided seas, healings of the blind and hunchbacked (in an already transient world) FOR WHAT? WHY? why not just say: Hello, I am God. Such and such is existence, I made it to achieve this or that? What's with all this guesswork?

8. Actually, all of my questions always fall into the same category, namely, why the hell does this existence exist and not nothing. And FOR WHAT, this mystery-mystery theater with tests, praying, talking to God about his problems, anointings, incense, serious looks, angels, dramas, eroticism. FOR WHAT? It seems like the god is a kind of Sims creator who has fun playing with us. Is it a playing god? For whom murder and rape are acceptable, as they are for us when we play PC games?

9. Even if there were other universes before the big bang, there must have been something that first had a force, the unmoved mover. And yet this doesn't make sense to our understanding, because there always has to be something in front of it. But I can even accept that as the great final mystery. BUT ideas or theories about this would be interesting from long-time Christians.

Although the questions might sound very angry or offensive to some Christians, I can't find any other words to (I HOPE) be proven wrong.

Thank you.

Welcome to CF! Good way to start off the new year! Be blessed.

Why the whole theater called existence?
God always existed. "Before Me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me". Isaiah 43:10. God exists outside of existence and non existence. He chose to create something into His existence, which always existed.
Why is something and not nothing?
There is no such thing as "nothingness". God always existed.

There could have been nothing, but it is something, we perceive it through consciousness.
God's conscienceness first.

We now assume that the Christian doctrine is correct, why did the almighty God create this theater called: BEING?
Out of His existence He created something called "a being" from His image for Himself and for His image. The only way to understand why He did this one should ask themselves, why do I create for myself? This is the closest we can get to an answer that we can understand.

For what?
Companionship.

When the answers come, he was bored, he wanted to give others the opportunity to admire his creation, it indicates that it is not a perfect God, but a human projection.
Maybe you will change your understanding

He is the tester.

3. Why does Satan, the evil, the bad, exist at all if God is almighty?
God tests His creation through obedience. Satan only tempts.

Couldn't he take it away with a flick of his wrist?
Yes He can however, Love can not be take for granted.

Why all the drama?
Love can not be taken for granted, manufactured or faked. Drama is the result of an unloving creation.

If they say Adam and Ewa brought it on themselves because they ate the apple of good and bad, why did the almighty and GOOD GOD allow it?
He didn't allow it they chose it. Adam and Eve had free will to choose.

Why did he EVEN CREATE THIS POSSIBILITY THAT THERE WOULD BE A DAMNED TREE WITH APPLES THAT WOULD BRING YOU TO DAMNATION?
To test their Love for Him. God is not a puppet master.

4. Why can an almighty God feel envy, anger, etc.?
God is Love. He is patient.

For me, that doesn't make him a god. Feelings are ejaculations from a moved and worried spirit.
Love is a emotion.

He is the tester and a still testing through temptation.

6. Could it be that the god is not a good god? or a form of deism?
That he cannot intervene?
He an and does intervene when in His will.

Because when I look at history, everything is full of blood, rape, torture, murder... Holocaust (!), hunger in Africa, poverty, addiction etc. How can a good God allow this? When they say it's a TEST from God and we humans have brought it on ourselves, it's like saying that when I see a teenager about to stab another teenager and I'm relaxed or, for all I care, in tears watching him kill the other but not doing anything because I want to be sure whether the teenager (MY SON!) is going to heaven or hell. Isn't it absurd?
Its absurd that humans can act so badly.

A kind of theater that God has created for himself in order to...yes for what?
To amuse himself?
What kind of God is this?
This crosses the line thinking God's character is somehow evil. Lack of understanding can bring one to this conclusion. If one wishes to understand, they may consider taking in the entire body of information about Him rather than chose to focus only on the weakness of men and concluding He is at fault. Seek out the entire truth.

7. Why did God make such a "spectacle" of himself?
The burning bush with Moses...the voice in heaven, Jesus, etc. If he is omnipotent, why all this fuss? Divided seas, healings of the blind and hunchbacked (in an already transient world) FOR WHAT? WHY? why not just say: Hello, I am God. Such and such is existence, I made it to achieve this or that? What's with all this guesswork?
Proof.

See above.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
    Love. He is love. Everything exists for his children’s glory & his glory

2. Why did the devil, the serpent, exist in the Garden of Edenn

2 & 3 are the same. Evil & bad exist for his purposes. He did take it away by sending the Savior Jesus the Christ. The drama is for our benefit & his glory. The damned reject him. They don’t care for him. It wouldn’t matter if there was a Tree or not. They don’t have the Tree & they still reject him.

Watch your language. I suspect something like that is the real reason you’re upset about all this.

His envy, angery, etc. are holy. They are not like human emotions.

Satan has no power God hasn’t ordained. In some cases Satan even answers to God. God is not at war with Satan. He’s already beat him. God allows Satan to thrive for his purposes/

A lot of it is discipline. God disciplines us like a child because we are his children. A child might not like it at the time but it’s for our benefit. Discipline isn’t a test, it’s for the growth process.

He is a great God. Can’t comprehend his greatness. He intervenes every day.

In the height of tragedy, many people only cling closer to God, God really makes himself known to them in tragedies. They are only then able to see his great love for them. You’re so removed from them but here you are making judgements on how they affect people, you have no idea how it affected them. You’re putting your own thoughts into their heads.

So he may reveal himself! Why is that bad? You don't like to reveal yourself? You don't think revealing yourself can be good? That it's always bad?

This is a repeat of most of your questions. You are really just repeating the same question over & over. Why does evil happen? It’s for his glory & b/c we are united to him in Christ, our glory. The damned don't care for him

I don’t understand this question. God exists outside of time. He is infinite, eternal, everlasting, & timeless.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello good people,

-
Questions:

Thank you.

Your number 9 is the answer to the rest.

But I'll try to take the logic a step further than where you went with it. If God is the uncaused causer, or First Cause, then even reality itself is his design. It is not because it fits reality that he is real —reality itself is what it is because God is real. God does not exist because he must, but rather, existence is what it is, because God exists. It is not because it is good to love that God is loving—love is what it is, because God is love. You might enjoy a study of the philosophical/ theological 'Attributes of God', but do so from several different writers. I would enjoy discussing any of it with you.

Most of the Christians I discuss this with seem to consider Omnipotence God's most defining attribute. I suppose that's valid, because everything else is included within it, or before it. But I consider his being First Cause to logically imply all the rest of his attributes, though I can't yet prove them all from that basis, but am convinced instinctively.

1. Some say that God created because he is creative, but that sounds almost like he couldn't help himself —like he had to do it! I disagree. He had a definite purpose. And if I remember to, I'll get to that in subsequent questions. Why did he do it like this? He tells us a lot, but there is a lot more we don't know. Suffice to say that (to me, at least) this was the only way for him to bring us to that end he had in mind; and almost like a play on words, we already have what he had in mind, "already, but not yet".

2 and 3. Why the devil at all? The garden, the devil, Adam and Eve, the two trees, the disobedience and fall of Adam, were all planned. (If God is First Cause, (and I will accept no other supposed 'God'), he caused to happen everything that happens, and being omniscient, he did so knowing what would happen. Therefore, one way or another, he caused everything that happens intentionally. There is no accident.

4. God is not like us. With him, the attributes are not mere feelings. His anger is in one place characterized as "carrying him along", yet it does not conflict with his love. They are all HIM, and none of them is of itself separate from the rest, or without all the rest. It is we who must categorize them individually. We can't see very well.

5. Same as for 2 and 3. God is using Satan. I delight in the notion that Satan is forever trying to ruin God's plans, but knows very well that every thing he does is exactly what God planned for him to be doing, and is using it for good. That's GOT to rub his fur the wrong way! Frustrating! No wonder he is so full of hate!

6. It would not make sense for the Omnipotent to create something for the mere purpose of destroying it or causing it harm/ suffering. That would be boring to him. He has a reason for it, but it is hard for us to see from here.

7. We are children, delighting in what is flashy or remarkable. God plays our game with us sometimes, because it is one way to get things done. It can cause us to take notice of him. But those things do not define God.

8. This is maybe applicable to your question: God is a different sort of 'being', than we are. Study the philosophical notion of necessary being, vs contingent being. Maybe you will find some answer there. God does not change, he does not 'become'. We, on the other hand, are always becoming; we had a beginning. Why did he do it? In Christianity the answer, such as we have it, is that God decided to make a Bride for the Son of God, and a Dwelling Place for God, and a whole LOT of other related facts, such as our ability, more than even the angels, to love and enjoy and admire God as eternally as he is infinite.

Consider the notion, that being the "I AM", implies that only God can do "new". He is subject to no fact and no principle or anything else from outside himself, yet everything else is subject to him and depends on him for its very existence. "In him, we live and move and have our being."

Last edited:
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,450.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Bible didn't reason this. My guess is, it's God's essential right to express His own very existence. In the case of God, creating is His right of expressing His very existence. His current goal is to create an eternity we call Heaven for angels and humans to live Him, a completely sin incompatible God, happily forever. Worshipping God is a basic requirement as it keeps humans tightly close to God. If you stopped worshipping God your self-pride will grow and sin will come for you to depart from God. To put it another way, the pre-requisite for your to leave God is to stop worshipping God as the first step. That's the first step how Lucifer turned to Satan. It's for your good, not necessarily that of God.

As said above, God's goal is to build an eternity for angels and humans to live with Him forever. Eden, using today's wording, is an emulated environment for God to demonstrate what could possibly happen when angels and humans and God are put together, more on the influence of the much more intelligent (crafty negatively) and more capable angelic beings (such as the crafty snake) onto the less intelligent and less capable humans.

God granted free will to both angels and humans, or else we are all robots.
Free will at the end, means one can choose to oppose God. If you don't have the ability to choose to oppose God you don't have true free will. In today's world humans choose science over God. That's a prophesied effect of the fruit of Knowledge over Word of God. All of us humans are systematically forced into a secular education system and after coming out of such a system (of Knowledge in nature and a tool used or misused to judge God Himself and His Word which what our Bible said).

Ancient humans lack the ability to convey a truth, that's why Noah flood (let's assume true for the sake of argument) all became myths in the different cultures. Ancient Japanese history is made of myths, ancient Chinese history is also full of myths. These all point out that facts will inevitably turn to myths due to the fact that humans lack the capability to convey ancient facts correctly (without God's enforcement).

In order to God's chosen people to convey facts, Genesis is conveyed in the form of stories. In today's words, information were encoded in story form for today's humans to decode, including the prophetic meaning of the Eden story. As a result, you may need help from the author who is God to do the decoding.

Again, ancient humans lack the ability to convey facts, especially something out of their comprehension. God gave the Jews a description of emotion such that they can grasp God's motives to a certain extent which subsequently helps them convey the message.

Earth, as mentioned above, follows the rule of putting (the influence of) angels and God and humans together. Earth is for evil to display fully then for Law to eradicate completely once and for all to ensure a clean Heaven. Heaven is the goal for God to build, not earth. Analogy is Heaven is like an aquarium with Earth being its filtration system where dirts display. The legitimare way for a fair and just God to destroy Satan and evil is through an open standard which is called Law followed by a Judgment. Another analogy is, if you choose to be bad is it proper for your mayor to put you to jail directly (his justice and fairness won't show in this case). Or is it more proper for you to go through an open trial such that justice and fairness can be demonstrated. Put you to death simply because God can shouldn't be the way to go!

As mentioned above, Earth is a 'neutral' place for you to show who yourself are without much pressure from God. You can do whatever your free will wants you to do without much pressure from God such that evil can be fully shown and for God to destroy legitimately through the lawful/legal process known as the Final Judgment.

The Bible is a human account of testimony one what God did. Humans saw what God did then record it down for later humans to get to know who God is, what He can do, what His message is etc. The more significant the miracles are, it implies the more important message is to be conveyed through the more critical period of time. God performs serious miracles but the Jews still failed to behave correctly that the whole generation of Jews are disallowed to enter Canaan. Only the 'more correctly educated' second generation of Jews would memorize God's deeds and would behave more correctly by taking God's commands more seriously to deal with Canaan putting in front of them.

It's all because God has a goal to build an eternity where everyone will live happily and forever.

Human knowledge is always limited, though today's human 'think' that their 'science' is omnipotent.

Thank you.

Those are really common questions from doubters on a daily basis.

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF! Good way to start off the new year! Be blessed.

Why the whole theater called existence?
God always existed. "Before Me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me". Isaiah 43:10. God exists outside of existence and non existence. He chose to create something into His existence, which always existed.
Why is something and not nothing?
There is no such thing as "nothingness". God always existed.

There could have been nothing, but it is something, we perceive it through consciousness.
God's conscienceness first.

We now assume that the Christian doctrine is correct, why did the almighty God create this theater called: BEING?
Out of His existence He created something called "a being" from His image for Himself and for His image. The only way to understand why He did this one should ask themselves, why do I create for myself? This is the closest we can get to an answer that we can understand.

For what?
Companionship.

When the answers come, he was bored, he wanted to give others the opportunity to admire his creation, it indicates that it is not a perfect God, but a human projection.
Maybe you will change your understanding

He is the tester.

God tests His creation through obedience. Satan only tempts.

Couldn't he take it away with a flick of his wrist?
Yes He can however, Love can not be take for granted.

Why all the drama?
Love can not be taken for granted, manufactured or faked. Drama is the result of an unloving creation.

If they say Adam and Ewa brought it on themselves because they ate the apple of good and bad, why did the almighty and GOOD GOD allow it?
He didn't allow it they chose it. Adam and Eve had free will to choose.

Why did he EVEN CREATE THIS POSSIBILITY THAT THERE WOULD BE A DAMNED TREE WITH APPLES THAT WOULD BRING YOU TO DAMNATION?
To test their Love for Him. God is not a puppet master.

4. Why can an almighty God feel envy, anger, etc.?
God is Love. He is patient.

For me, that doesn't make him a god. Feelings are ejaculations from a moved and worried spirit.
Love is a emotion.

He is the tester and a still testing through temptation.

6. Could it be that the god is not a good god? or a form of deism?
That he cannot intervene?
He an and does intervene when in His will.

Because when I look at history, everything is full of blood, rape, torture, murder... Holocaust (!), hunger in Africa, poverty, addiction etc. How can a good God allow this? When they say it's a TEST from God and we humans have brought it on ourselves, it's like saying that when I see a teenager about to stab another teenager and I'm relaxed or, for all I care, in tears watching him kill the other but not doing anything because I want to be sure whether the teenager (MY SON!) is going to heaven or hell. Isn't it absurd?
Its absurd that humans can act so badly.

A kind of theater that God has created for himself in order to...yes for what?
To amuse himself?
What kind of God is this?
This crosses the line thinking God's character is somehow evil. Lack of understanding can bring one to this conclusion. If one wishes to understand, they may consider taking in the entire body of information about Him rather than chose to focus only on the weakness of men and concluding He is at fault. Seek out the entire truth.

7. Why did God make such a "spectacle" of himself?
The burning bush with Moses...the voice in heaven, Jesus, etc. If he is omnipotent, why all this fuss? Divided seas, healings of the blind and hunchbacked (in an already transient world) FOR WHAT? WHY? why not just say: Hello, I am God. Such and such is existence, I made it to achieve this or that? What's with all this guesswork?
Proof.

See above.

The first response to you by Maria is excellent. I have not read the rest.
Hello good people,

-
Questions:

Thank you.

Maria in Post #2 provided excellent answers to your questions. I have not read the rest. But hope they can only be as good or better.

Things I would share with you.

God is not in Time. Time is a construct of God's for God's use. God is outside of Time and sees and has seen everything. Learning that God is outside of Time 'can' help to shed greater light on how your questions may not be as highly qualified as you think they are.

God's plans are not disrupted by evil. Never have been. Never will be. Goliath was dead as soon as he met David. Goliath just did not know that. The truth was yet to be demonstrated to Goliath. But it was still truth.

Time relates to how 'We' view things. Not God. This is why even Satan can not predict anything with any real accuracy. This is why Satan always has any number of men ready and training to be 'the' antichrist. Because Satan cannot plan perfectly for anything or any times.

Additionally, if you think people are evil and filled with sin now? Consider that in the end times, the Holy Spirit will be removed. Currently, the Holy Spirit is restraining you, me, and everyone from sinning more than they would, could, and even want to. When that restraint is removed. You ain't seen nothing evil yet!

There is a reason why scripture has a starting place and time. And reading through it you will start to see the harmony from Old Testament to New Testament truths. Especially in the KJV as it is very poetic and the language is frozen in time.

You will then see all those 'contradictions' that people talk about and claim. Do not exist.

But nothing will answer your questions anywhere near as well as spending time reading scripture. Not for intellectual value, but for training purposes. Any part of scripture will not train you 1000 times better for life than any other document you could ever have available to you.

In reading you will learn that it is not about perfection here. This is not the best it gets for the Children of God. This is its lowest point. Eternal Heaven is the highest point. Even the Angels with to know about Salvation. It is a mystery to them. And Heaven is so wonderfully indescribable that it almost means nothing to you. Because you have to focus on the height of its potential, which is unfathomable. And it is all of the highest of heights, eternally.

Peace and Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,960.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
As an Easterner, I would feel that there is not much to learn about Buddhism. Buddhism does not have a monotheistic revelation text, and the language and writing system of Buddhism is almost unrelated to the monotheism in the Bible. The Noahidism of the Jews gave Buddhism some ambiguous monotheistic significance.

In the broad Christian forum, I would say that the essence of Eastern culture can also be found in Eastern and Jewish Christianity.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There are some who say we exist to be tested, to learn, to grow in righteousness... variations like that... though one might argue that's not really answering the question. It doesn't explain why we need to do any of that. At most this stuff seems secondary.

To me it seems the only real answer is to experience things. From a Christian point of view, the primary thing to be experienced is love. The following verse suggests to me that love is the point of being.

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8

Upvote 0

Guy Threepwood

Oct 16, 2019
Midwest
✟18,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1. Why the whole theater called existence? Why is something and not nothing? There could have been nothing, but it is something, we perceive it through consciousness. We now assume that the Christian doctrine is correct, why did the almighty God create this theater called: BEING? For what?
All you need is love! :)

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello good people,

Hello, Basilius. I am an American evangelical charismatic, which just means that I take the Scriptures in a more literal than figurative sense, and that I believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to the church today. I hope you find my answers to your questions at least thought provoking.
-
Questions:

If you think about it, the fact that there is something, and not nothing, is strong evidence for a Creator God. The Bible does not answer this question directly, but it does give us enough to make some statements about why there is existence. The book of 1 John tells us the truth that "God is love". Love is an integral part of His very nature. Now God is self sufficient, needing nothing and no one but Himself to be complete in His existence. Yet because God is love, He desired to express that love beyond His own triune nature. Thus He created. There may be other reasons that God created the universe of being, but we can say with a certain level of confidence that His love was at least a reason.
Let's start with what we do know from Scripture. As already stated, God is love (1 John 4:8), also God is good (Psalm 143:10) and God does not need to repent as if He had done something wrong (Numbers 23:19). We know that God created the angels sometime before He created man, but we do not know how long before. It could have been eons of time, and I think it was. We know that Satan fell before he tempted Eve in the garden, for Satan lied to Eve and God cannot lie (Titus 1:2).

All that said, we can begin to answer your questions. God created beings with the freedom to either reject or embrace Him, what is commonly called free will (as opposed to the philosophical theories of free will that are utterly confusing to me). Genuine love is not possible without free will, the ability to make choices, because the will must be free to express genuine love. Otherwise, creatures would be nothing more than pull-string dolls that said "I love you" when the string was pulled. I believe that, given the necessity of free will for genuine love, that rebellion against God is inevitable on a long enough timeline. I believe there was no way for God to avoid rebellion if He created beings with free will, yet free will in and of itself is a wonderous thing that we should not take for granted, and creating beings with free will was the best possible creation. This is why Satan exists at all.

Satan in the garden poses a slightly different problem. Why would God allow a fallen being into His good creation? Satan rebelled against God, so what is God to do? Just destroy him without addressing the lies that Satan told the rest of the angels, one third of which followed him in his rebellion (Revelation 12:3-4)? God could have just destroyed all the rebelling angels out of hand, but God is not a "might makes right" God. In order to justify the punishment for rebellion, God must demonstrate that Satan is indeed evil for doing what he is doing. So I believe that what we are experiencing is very much like a trial of Satan and those who would choose to follow him, both angel and human. Part of this trial is for God to allow Satan a lot of leeway in doing what he wants so that his actions can be shown to be evil for all to see, thus justifying the punishment. The presence of Satan in the garden was part of the trial, both of Satan and his angels and mankind. God was nothing but good to Adam and Eve, and they had fellowship with Him and access to Him. Why did Eve choose to believe Satan? Because she did not trust God to be truthful, thus she fell. Adam was not deceived, but he chose to follow Eve into sin rather than follow God, thus idolatry (placing anything above or in place of God) and he fell. Now humanity is the battle ground so to speak, God trying to save us and Satan trying to keep us following his ways, and every day is a testimony against the devil, his angels, and us that our actions are evil and we are deserving of God's punishment for our evil.
The answer to this question is mostly contained in the answer to the previous one. Again, God is not a "might makes right" God, and this trial will end at the right time. I will only add here that the tree was not evil in and of itself, it was only there to give Adam and Eve a choice on whether to trust God or not.

No where in Scripture is envy attributed to God. The emotions that God does experience are the result of Him being love. Love cares what happens to the one loved. Therefore God is angry at those who would harm others in any way, for He loves us all. He is angry at apathy (doing nothing about all that is harmful) as well as actively harming another. Feelings are not ejaculations for God. God does feel, but His feelings are only able to be described with our words, they are not like our emotions, although we can understand the concept. God is not ruled by His emotions like we are.
Again, God is not "might makes right". He will deal with evil in His own perfect time.
Again, this question is not directly answered in Scripture, but we can engage in some speculation based upon what we do know. God is good. God is outside time (Isaiah 57:15), knowing all possible futures and pasts (Psalm 139:1-12; 1 Kings 8:39). Ultimately, this is a matter of trust. One thing to keep in mind, when mankind chose to follow Satan over God in the garden, we chose Satan as the "god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4; Matthew 4:8-9; John 12:31). Things are so messed up not because God is making things this way. But God allows what He allows for purposes that we cannot always know. One purpose I see is that at the end of all this, all the faithful and redeemed creations of God will know without a shadow of a doubt that rebelling against God is evil, that God knows the future in ways that we cannot, and His will is always the highest ultimate good. It is to ensure an eternity without rebellion that He allows rebellion to go so far now. The scars we bear from this world make us secure in the next one. They will ensure we never have to endure rebellion again, there will not be another rebellion. But I take that on faith now.
He did say hello through Jesus (John 8:58). Jesus told us the meaning of existence: love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength; and love your neighbor as yourself. He made it to achieve an eternity with His creation in perfect loving relationship (Revelation 21-22). He used the "spectacles" He used in order to capture the human imagination. He knows human nature better than we do, and He used revelations of Himself that would endure through time.
You are not far from God. You know that the way things are is horribly wrong, even in the developed world where we have it made compared to far too many people in this world. Again, keep in mind that when mankind chose to follow Satan over God in the garden, we chose Satan as the "god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4; Matthew 4:8-9; John 12:31). Things are so messed up not because God is making things this way, but because Satan is in charge. Our first parents chose Satan, and as a result we are reaping the consequences even today. It will only get worse before Jesus returns and puts an end to this.

God exists independently of our universe, and the Creator necessarily precedes His creation. The theory of Relativity strongly suggests that time is a construct of the physical universe, and time as we know it does not exist outside of this universe. Thus, God "inhabits eternity" (Isaiah 57:15), and to say anything precedes Him is illogical since time as we know it does not exist there, so causation is nullified.

Thank you.
I am not offended by your questions. Many of them I had already contemplated myself. Again, I hope my answers have at least been "food4thought".
Your English, or your translators English, is excellent. I barely noticed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1. why did the almighty God create this theater called: BEING? For what?

the Bible tells us because it pleased Him to do so.
Who are you to say that a Creator, who had created what He wills is not perfect for doing so?

To tempt Adam and Eve. God is about Choice. the Serpent/satan provides an alternative to God's will. Meaning Sin=Choice. Putting the serpent in the garden gave Adam and Eve the ability to choose.
Answered above. To provide an alternative to God's will, So that we can sin and then choose to be redeemed.

Couldn't he take it away with a flick of his wrist? Why all the drama? If they say Adam and Ewa brought it on themselves because they ate the apple of good and bad, why did the almighty and GOOD GOD allow it? Why did he EVEN CREATE THIS POSSIBILITY THAT THERE WOULD BE A DAMNED TREE WITH APPLES THAT WOULD BRING YOU TO DAMNATION?
That's only 1/2 of the story. the other 1/2 is revealed through Christ, Jesus. As with a 'flick of the wrist,' You can sin, yet at the same time seek and receive atonement for said sin. Which again provides you with the ability to chose which master you want to serve.
It kinda doesn't matter if you see anger as an emotion God would have or not.
Satan is not the god of the underworld. He is not Someone who is in full rebellion against God. Satan still serves God. Read the first chapter of Job:
Satan has a purpose right up until God has had enough and judges him and his followers.
6. Could it be that the god is not a good god?
God is not good because He conforms to our standards of good. God is all powerful, meaning He sets the standard of good. which means by default whatever God does is 'good.'
or a form of deism? That he cannot intervene? Because when I look at history, everything is full of blood, rape, torture, murder... Holocaust (!), hunger in Africa, poverty, addiction etc. How can a good God allow this? When they say it's a TEST from God and we humans have brought it on ourselves, it's like saying that when I see a teenager about to stab another teenager and I'm relaxed or, for all I care, in tears watching him kill the other but not doing anything because I want to be sure whether the teenager (MY SON!) is going to heaven or hell. Isn't it absurd? A kind of theater that God has created for himself in order to...yes for what? To amuse himself? What kind of God is this?
Are you familiar with sim theory? it's basically the fuel for the movie the matrix. Here is Elon explaining it:
He is basically saying that there is a 1 in a billion's chance that This is the prime universe/Real universe. That it is far more likely we are in a simulation. That like saying if we could make 1 second in time represent all of reality, it would take 11 days worth of seconds just to get to 1 chance in million that our existence is the prime universe. To get to a 1 in a billion's chance that this is the prime universe it would be like picking out one second of time in the next 33 years at random. Meaning it is far more likely this is a simulation.

Now if you put God at the head of this simulation, then things like the 7 days of creation, the great flood all start to make sense. It also explain why/how God can allow such evil things to happen.. As it would be no different than you playing a video game like Mario brothers killing Mario 1000 different times in a 1000 different ways just to get to your end goal.. While mario's death can be gruesome the real you remains unharmed. much like in life while out physical body can die a horrible death the real you/Your soul is completely unharmed.

So then why would God do this? Again to provide you a way to make the eternal life and death choice of where and how you will spend eternity, WithOUT causing you (Your soul) any real harm.
Because that is what Moses needed to see and hear inorder to believe He was speaking with God.

Why part the Red Sea? because that is what the Israelites needed to see to know to follow God.

Like wise the reason for the miracles are what was needed for people back then to know that the person doing those miracles had the authority to speak for God.

Also what guess work? every example you gave was a definitive sign/wonder that had the person who saw it believe.
8. Actually, all of my questions always fall into the same category, namely, why the hell does this existence exist and not nothing.
Because it pleased God to create this world as a proving ground for our hearts.
And FOR WHAT,
So that we may know and understand that How God will ultimately judge us is fair and righteous. Meaning not just judge whether we go to heaven/hell, but in heaven our reward and station.
this mystery-mystery theater
God offers His believers direct one on one access to Him via the Holy Spirit. If you have the Holy Spirit there is no mystery.
with tests, praying, talking to God about his problems, anointings, incense, serious looks, angels, dramas, eroticism. FOR WHAT? It seems like the god is a kind of Sims creator who has fun playing with us. Is it a playing god? For whom murder and rape are acceptable, as they are for us when we play PC games?
You don't seem to know the difference between religious practices and how to worship the God of the Bible. Most of the things you mentioned are not apart of a biblical relationship with God.

Thank you.

Sim theory, kinda answers this and solves those problems.

Upvote 0