miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think the whole idea of being "meek and mild" has been perverted into a state of emasculation that many Christian men struggle with, including myself. How much, exactly, should we turn the other cheek? And how much, exactly, should we stand up against evil, and for ourselves? There needs to be a balance somewhere. I'm still looking for it.

These guys agrees. You might enjoy their materials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm86zEaC-XA&feature=BF&list=PL97B98BD7826E449E&index=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W84Y...ay&list=PL97B98BD7826E449E&index=5&playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00dcXzN1Ikg&feature=BF&list=PL97B98BD7826E449E&index=7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or maybe it's just that they're beginning the transition from church talk to really getting to know each other. There's a lot to people that you won't find out in church over coffee and doughnuts, and plenty of that ain't even sinful.

Possibly, the thing is that first dates are often about appearences. Thats not to say that people lie but they may be very selective about what they say.

Because for Christians being a virtious person is a premium. So if two Christians are dating they may talk about things that demonstrate their virtues. Why tell a story about you doing your favorite activity (whatever that may be) or hanging out with your friends, when you can throw in that story about feeding starving kids in Africa.

As a result a Christian can successfully accomplish the goal of appearing to be very viritious but also come off as boring. Because they've failed to talk about any time when they where having fun or what they do for fun. Thus they come off as *boring*

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Possibly, the thing is that first dates are often about appearences. Thats not to say that people lie but they may be very selective about what they say.

Because for Christians being a virtious person is a premium. So if two Christians are dating they may talk about things that demonstrate their virtues. Why tell a story about you doing your favorite activity (whatever that may be) or hanging out with your friends, when you can throw in that story about feeding starving kids in Africa.

As a result a Christian can successfully accomplish the goal of appearing to be very viritious but also come off as boring. Because they've failed to talk about any time when they where having fun or what they do for fun. Thus they come off as *boring*
I suppose that would be the case if they forgot about Matt. 6:1-4, but what would you say about people who did honestly enjoy their missions trips?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeeWrangler

wishing I was fishing
Feb 13, 2011
The boonies
✟5,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously , why is it that most christian men are so boring? Not all ,but most of them are so boring. I want to find a good Christian guy ,but most of them are so boring. They have no style,nerdy, horrible taste in music, and they act so pefect when they know that they are not perfect.

All joking aside, I don't think most Christian men or women are boring. We are told to be Christ-like, Jesus was not the life of the party, he was not trying to make a fashion statement and I'm shure he had good taste in music and was not nerdy. Listening to Christian music is something you should get use to if you plan on spending forever in heaven, I don't think there will be any dance music, rock or such there. Fashion is good but not a priority for a Christian and if nerdy means bible study than I think thats a good thing, is it not? Trying to be Christ-like is what the bible tells us to do, running around with a lampshade on our heads and going clubbing is not what Jesus would be doing if he was here right now

Upvote 0

Drax

Dominate
Oct 6, 2010
✟8,531.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Seriously , why is it that most christian men are so boring? Not all ,but most of them are so boring. I want to find a good Christian guy ,but most of them are so boring. They have no style,nerdy, horrible taste in music, and they act so pefect when they know that they are not perfect.

I think it's because our culture - and our church culture - emphasize wimpy, weak men. And as soon as you point that out, you're presented with a stereotype of a boorish, six-pack-of-beer-guzzling man as the only alternative. This is tragic and harmful. Most church guys don't know how to be real men, so they end up looking pretty ridiculous. I was a college minister for several years, so I saw this pattern repeat itself over and over. :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
J

justaguy78

Obviously boring is a subjective thing. What one may find boring another may think is amazing.

As to the OP, I would think that Christian guys would be broken down into mainly two sides- those who are hardcore and those who classify themselves as Christian but aren't hardcore. From my experience of people, the hardcore people I would consider not so much "boring" as just a bit too focused on trying to be perfect in the mold humans of the religion try and imply they should be....and yes, I mean humans. So much of the stuff you hear in various religions about how one should act is from what people assume is expected. So for these hardcore people, they think they should be listening to the supposed bad music, act in a way that may be seen as "nerdy" and try and be too "perfect" because that is what they may have been told by someone from their church or family and think God will smite them if they don't act in that way.

The non-hardcore people though seem to be no different than others as they just go with the flow so to speak. Do these people not trying to be perfect have less faith or aren't as good of people? No, of course not. They accept the way they are.

I tend to find born again Christians as more of the hardcores.

My take though is if the way one acts is working for them then all the power to them even if it isn't something I would do.

Upvote 0