Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Saying that food destroys the temple is unwise, its not taught in the bible, saying its a sin is unwise. Its not sound doctrine.
It's not food. Gluttony (eating too much junk) is a sin. And it says right there in the bible it is a sin. It also says how we should live. We are to take care of our bodies and make wise decisions. What are you not understanding about this? Why are you being lukewarm in this topic?

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saying that food destroys the temple is unwise, its not taught in the bible, saying its a sin is unwise. Its not sound doctrine.

The bible does not forbid or prohibit or even warn anyone about playing in traffic. That does not mean it is a good idea.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's not food. Gluttony (eating too much junk) is a sin. And it says right there in the bible it is a sin. It also says how we should live. We are to take care of our bodies and make wise decisions. What are you not understanding about this? Why are you being lukewarm in this topic?
In your OP you took a scripture out of context to preach this unsound doctrine.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im talking about bacon.
Ok, in the case of bacon. In the old testament it was not even considered food. (I know the old dietary laws don't apply anymore) Still, it is obviously not healthy, so eating too much of it will still destroy your body eventually, so even that is not a wise choice. It's very simple to understand. Eating too much of a bad thing is NOT healthy, and God won't bless you doing that, even if you are still saved. We are to change our lifestyles once we are born-again to God's will for us, otherwise there will be consequences in you getting sick. I don't know why you can't understand this.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How don't you see what's wrong with it? The church is the place where Christians, those who are set apart from the world, gather together. Don't you think the church of all places should set a good example? If a non-believer attends, wouldn't you think they would stand out if they offered fruits and veggies? That's my entire point. I never said it's bad to have on occasion, but for a Christian church to have that as an offering every service is not right and does not set itself apart.
Nothing wrong with donuts. But if a person is always stuffing their face with them at a church meetings, it could be that the word gluttony is a concern. Maybe not, however if you or I aren't actually going to confront such a person as their doing it, then it's pie in the sky stuff complaint.

Frankly I've gone out to restaurants and seen people stuffing their face with salad. Is that OK?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok, in the case of bacon. In the old testament it was not even considered food. (I know the old dietary laws don't apply anymore) Still, it is obviously not healthy, so eating too much of it will still destroy your body eventually, so even that is not a wise choice. It's very simple to understand. Eating too much of a bad thing is NOT healthy, and God won't bless you doing that, even if you are still saved. We are to change our lifestyles once we are born-again to God's will for us, otherwise there will be consequences in you getting sick. I don't know why you can't understand this.
You are teaching unsound doctrine, and you took a scripture out of context to do it. Is that wise?

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In your OP you took a scripture out of context to preach this unsound doctrine.
Nope, you are taking something that is basic common sense and biblical and twisting it so you can feel fine with feeding the flesh and giving into carnal desires. So any criticism that comes your way you despise. It is common sense for any Christian to live a healthy lifestyle. If you don't, you are setting a terrible example. Please read the word more clearly to understand what God wants in your life.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Even eating too much of a "good thing" can cause issues.

https://www.todayifoundout.com/inde...-your-skin-will-turn-an-orangishyellow-shade/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are teaching unsound doctrine, and you took a scripture out of context to do it. Is that wise?
I'm not teaching anything. You came into my thread throwing accusations at me that I claimed you can't be a Christian if you eat junk food. No, I simply said as Christians we SHOULD eat healthy and it is wrong for churches to promote sugar and junk food, especially if they want to be set apart from the world. This is basic common sense anyone should understand. It is bad to eat junk food and you will get sick from it and God won't bless you or protect you from illness if you choose to feed the flesh by putting toxic chemicals in your body on a daily basis. This is the simple truth.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No it doesn't. It has to do with the stuff we put into our bodies as well. Anything that causes harm to our bodies but satisfies the flesh we should watch out for.

that's the what you're reading into it, that doesn't come from the text.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes come together to eat food, not junk. Junk food we have today did not exist in biblical times. Heck it did not even exist recently, in the 1800s we didn't have the junk we have today. It all started being mass produced in 20th century.

It is produced so you can be sick and need meds which make you more sick and you need more meds which make you even more sick and destroy your immune system so you get cancer so you need cancer drugs .

Add a vaccine or two on top of that and your lifespan is gone .
We live in Satan's kingdom after all , what else we expect tbh .

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that's the what you're reading into it, that doesn't come from the text.
No, that does come from the text and that is what it means. It refers to anything that you feed your flesh, including food. Why are you denying this?

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is produced so you can be sick and need meds which make you more sick and you need more meds which make you even more sick and destroy your immune system so you get cancer so you need cancer drugs .

Add a vaccine or two on top of that and your lifespan is gone .
We live in Satan's kingdom after all , what else we expect tbh .
Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope, you are taking something that is basic common sense and biblical and twisting it so you can feel fine with feeding the flesh and giving into carnal desires. So any criticism that comes your way you despise. It is common sense for any Christian to live a healthy lifestyle. If you don't, you are setting a terrible example. Please read the word more clearly to understand what God wants in your life.
What about the example you're setting? You are saying God will destroy people for eating donuts and bacon.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No, that does come from the text and that is what it means. It refers to anything that you feed your flesh, including food. Why are you denying this?

where in the text you quoted is food mentioned?

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
1 Timothy 4:8 NIV For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

1 Corinthians 6:12 NLT You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is good for you. And even though "I am allowed to do anything," I must not become a slave to anything.

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What about the example you're setting? You are saying God will destroy people for eating donuts and bacon.
Umm what? God doesn't destroy anybody. You destroy yourself. It's called free will. You put bad things in your body, you get sick and destroy your temple. It's called consequences. That's all on you, not God. What example am I setting? The word of God, and also common sense that he gave all of us. The church should be set apart from the world and set a good example.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
where in the text you quoted is food mentioned?
It is talking about anything that affects the temple, including food. Anything means anything, and food is something you put right into your body. It is incredibly obvious and simple to understand. I am quite suspicious on why you and a bunch of others sensitive about this topic. It seems like you just want to continue indulging in things that are bad for you, and that is wrong and not what God would want for you.

But I rest my case. You are all saved and will remain saved despite what you do to your body. But you are all wise as well (I hope you are). So use the brain God has given you and make wise decision on how to treat your body, and eat foods that God intended you to eat. That's my advice, you can choose to follow it or not. But don't go attacking me for trying to help brothers and sisters and the church out on how to live a better lifestyle as Christians and set an example to the world.

Upvote 0