Who'd You Choose: Girl Who Messed Up Sexually but Repented..or the One ALWAYS Clean?

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And another thing - you have to define what you mean by "virgin."

One book I read said anyone who ever masturbated should NOT be considered a virgin since they already knew what sexual arousal and release felt like.
Virgin by definition:
a person who has never had sexual intercourse.

So by that masturbation does not make you no longer a virgin. Sexual intercourse to me means your private parts being used by someone thats NOT you. Whether through penetration, oral, hand...etc.

Didn't realize this was a zombie thread lol

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Virgin by definition:
a person who has never had sexual intercourse.
Yeah, we all get that is the technical definition. But that is not how it is used in some circles and faith communities. And properly so. That is how Clinton was able to [semi-truthfully] say "I did not have sex with that woman."

But he had oral. That counts.
Didn't realize this was a zombie thread lol
ITS ALIVE!!!
200_s.gif

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I'd take the one without a virginity fetish.
Actually, I am with you on that. "Virgin" is a one-off issue anyway.

Once you have "done the deed," neither of you are virgins any more. So 99.999% of the sexual encounters you will have as a couple will NOT be with a virgin.

Upvote 0

CCHIPSS

Love will overcome evil (Romans 12:9-21)
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver, BC
✟34,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
And another thing - you have to define what you mean by "virgin."

One book I read said anyone who ever masturbated should NOT be considered a virgin since they already knew what sexual arousal and release felt like.

It goes beyond that. Jesus said anyone who even looks at a random woman lustfully has already cheated on his current wife (or future wife) in their heart.

So yes we are all cheaters. We all cheated on our wives and husbands, by Jesus' definition.

Being a virgin is not even good enough. Jesus then "mocked" those that are trying to live a perfect life by saying "If your eyes causes you to sin then gouge it out." Of course he didn't mean it literally.

The point of course is not to condemn. The point is we can never measure up to God's standards and that's why we need Jesus' grace and forgiveness.

Last edited:
Reactions: sparkle123
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It goes beyond that. Jesus said anyone who even looks at a random woman lustfully has already cheated on his current wife (or future wife) in their heart.

I don't see how one can get from this definition to what Jesus said. Adultery is defined in the Bible as taking another man's wife. Jesus is taking about the 10 commandments.
He links the command to not commit adultery with the command to not covet another man's wife, handmaid or things. He didn't say anything about looking at a woman and seeing how sexually desirable she is. As far as I can tell the above definition is adding to the word of God and there is a judgement in the Bible for doing that.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He didn't say anything about looking at a woman and seeing how sexually desirable she is. As far as I can tell the above definition is adding to the word of God
The Early Church Fathers defined sinful "lust" as any sexual desire, even without seeing someone.

This is just one example of why Sola Scriptura does not and can not work.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The Early Church Fathers defined sinful "lust" as any sexual desire, even without seeing someone.

This is just one example of why Sola Scriptura does not and can not work.

Or perhaps it shows why Sola Scriptura is valuable beyond words. It just might be that the early Church fathers were wrong and Jesus was right.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
keith .. I think Gnosticism had quite an effect on the early church fathers.
The church in Roman continually maneuvered to to be the lead church. By the time Augustine was the leading intellectual force in the church
the church was quite removed from where it was then it was mostly Jewish believers and Peter was leading the church in Jerusalem.

Augustine never did learn Greek and so only could read a translation of the Bible. Also initially he rejected Christianity because he felt it had no substance
and instead looked to the Greek thought. Ambrose was able to lead him to reconsider Christianity. While Augustine did add to Christian thought, some
of it didn't appreaciate the eastern thought that was part of the church. Israel is considered more eastern than western at that point.

Upvote 0