Who is your pick so far for the next US president?

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Have you heard of the Affordable Care Act - also known as Obamacare? That was our president's attempt to improve matters, but the health industry infrastructure is a mess. Unfortunately it's going to take a lot more to unravel the problems that we have here. Like you, I come from a country with nationalized healthcare, and I had a massive shock when I came face-to-face with this system and heard people talk about having to make the choice between getting their car repaired or going to the doctor! Or others in deep debt from medical care for conditions that were not covered by insurance. My husband and I, and our non-adult kids (or those still at college) are fortunately covered by Tricare, which is a military health program, and it is very cheap with no co-pays if you have referrals within the system. It's a really fantastic program, and I'm very grateful for it. For other without that benefit, yes, they have to spend a lot of money on drugs and procedures.
Yeah. Thanks Obama.
I had a co-worker who would often blow up a room in an hour then spend 6 months trying to make it good (again), only to make it never as good as it was. Same boat. I have seen single-payer at 'work' in Canada, and it doesn't really.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nothing, because the lobbying power of the insurance industry, pharma companies etc.., is powerful and both sides of the aisle are swayed by it, republicans and democrats.

Even Obamacare, was designed to appeal to the insurance industry, by giving them a lot more covered lives and insurance premiums. Even though their profits were capped, they didn't care, because it is incremental business for them.

And the more people that have coverage, means more prescriptions being filled, which the pharma companies are happy about.
So much for ideals...always an excuse.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
~Trump~

I want to pour dirt on the face of the Left as quickly as possible. Forget this PC nonsense.

So you're choosing your candidate merely out of spite for those you disagree with, rather than said candidate's actual merits?

Reactions: Butterfly99
Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you're choosing your candidate merely out of spite for those you disagree with, rather than said candidate's actual merits?

Trump is a good candidate, and he can win. People can downplay that all they want, but he's a coming giant that you can't simply shove off like others. He shares a lot of issues that an extraordinary amount of citizens take issue with, do not underestimate the Right- I feel like the Left has gotten so used to this nonsense over the past several years that they expect to get over on everything-
surprise: you have a wake up call coming :)

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Trump is a good candidate, and he can win. People can downplay that all they want, but he's a coming giant that you can't simply shove off like others. He shares a lot of issues that an extraordinary amount of citizens take issue with, do not underestimate the Right- I feel like the Left has gotten so used to this nonsense over the past several years that they expect to get over on everything-
Trump is possibly the worst guy who could get in. Unless Stalin comes back from the dead to run.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

You know, when asked about health insurance, Donald said everyone has to be covered (sounds like ACA.) He also said the government will pay hospitals to care for poor people (which already happens--it's called Medicaid.) You OK with this? Read his interview back in Sept. with Scott Pelley on 60 Minutes. The health care remarks are about mid-way:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-60-minutes-scott-pelley/

Upvote 0

Jahrooshshalom

Nov 8, 2015
✟16,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I won't be voting come next election. I'm tired of giving my trust to what amounts to the lesser of two evils. Voting is just choosing one evil over another because one mouth piece sounded better than their opponent.

As for who will win, I'd say it will be Hillary. I think that's why she's not worried about the hearings or her past as SoS catching up to her.

In the, "you gotta be kidding! Now I know the whole vote thing is rigged" , long shot category ; Trump!

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

If you want to support him, go for it, just give a better reason than "it will upset my political enemies".

Upvote 0

OldFashionGal

May 17, 2015
✟9,197.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You know, when asked about health insurance, Donald said everyone has to be covered (sounds like ACA.) He also said the government will pay hospitals to care for poor people (which already happens--it's called Medicaid.) You OK with this? Read his interview back in Sept. with Scott Pelley on 60 Minutes. The health care remarks are about mid-way:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-60-minutes-scott-pelley/

You mentioned Medicaid paying for the poor....My understanding is someone has to be physically disabled for Medicaid to pay their medical expenses? If that is true then that leaves a lot of poor people out of getting medical help unless they are considered physically disabled. There is a lot of medical problems people can have without being physically disabled. ALSO, what would your definition of income be that is considered poor? Someone can have a very low income but yet it not be low enough to get Medicaid! For example, someone making $15,000 dollars a year would not be making enough money to pay living expenses and hospital/doctor expenses and yet that would be too much money to qualify for Medicaid even if they were physically disabled. Of course that might vary depending on which state you live in on how much someone can make to get Medicaid. So many people complain over the poor getting help saying they are lazy, etc. when a lot of people work hard on jobs that just don't pay enough :( And then there's the fact that not all doctors accept Medicaid. Many of them don't.

Upvote 0

OldFashionGal

May 17, 2015
✟9,197.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
If you want to support him, go for it, just give a better reason than "it will upset my political enemies".

That is how I feel (that's it is not a good reason) about people that say they agree with the issues of a candidate but don't vote for them if they think they can't win. Thing is while they feel that candidate can't win in their primary just might mean that same candidate would be the one to win in the general election :) I've heard more Republicans for Bernie Sanders than I have for Hillary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am voting for nobody. Nobody will lower taxes, protect the rights of the citizens, end perpetual war, etc...
Again, why do you people think lowering taxes is a good idea when the country is mired in debt?

Upvote 0