Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I used to be a very active member here and well stepped away for a while as I discussed the other day in another thread. For those of you who do not know me, I thought I would reintroduce myself and give a very basic layout of my beliefs. Not going to debate any of these here, just some fyi for everyone.

I am a 33 y/o veteran of the US Army with 3 combat tours to Iraq. I am married going 12 yrs and have 3 children (2 of which are autistic). I was at one time in 2012 a credentialled minister in the AG, but had a falling out of sorts with the denomination concerning a key point and gave up my license to preach under their banner. I last regularly attended church in a group of house churches here where I live in Manhattan, KS.

So some of my beliefs are as follows. To keep this brief I will not post any scriptures with these, but if you are curious enough I can explain further or you can search this forum and you'll find many threads with these topics covered therein.

I do believe Water Baptism is a necessary component to salvation. Jesus preached it, the Apostles preached it, we should preach it.

I do believe in Spiritual gifts, but not that there is one singular display manifestation (such as tongues).

I do believe women can and should receive ordinations as ministers within denominations and groups.

I do not believe in the KJV as the onlyinspired text, and actually am inclined to believe it is one of the least reliable texts available to believers today.

I do believe a person can fall completely out of God's grace and find themselves in judgement. Not easily though and certainly not because God let them do so. I believe individuals can choose to abandon the principles of faith and follow their own fleshly devices if they so desire and in so doing run the risk of falling away.

Lastly, I believe that we do not have to agree completely on every single dot and iota of scripture. There is much to be learned and understood, and we can agree to disagree on many topics EXCEPT for the very very fundamental ones.

Jesus came to die for our sins, by believing in Him a person can and will receive forgiveness of all sin & with it, eternal life given on the last day.

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So I used to be a very active member here and well stepped away for a while as I discussed the other day in another thread. For those of you who do not know me, I thought I would reintroduce myself and give a very basic layout of my beliefs. Not going to debate any of these here, just some fyi for everyone.

I am a 33 y/o veteran of the US Army with 3 combat tours to Iraq. I am married going 12 yrs and have 3 children (2 of which are autistic). I was at one time in 2012 a credentialled minister in the AG, but had a falling out of sorts with the denomination concerning a key point and gave up my license to preach under their banner. I last regularly attended church in a group of house churches here where I live in Manhattan, KS.

So some of my beliefs are as follows. To keep this brief I will not post any scriptures with these, but if you are curious enough I can explain further or you can search this forum and you'll find many threads with these topics covered therein.

I do believe Water Baptism is a necessary component to salvation. Jesus preached it, the Apostles preached it, we should preach it.

I do believe in Spiritual gifts, but not that there is one singular display manifestation (such as tongues).

I do believe women can and should receive ordinations as ministers within denominations and groups.

I do not believe in the KJV as the onlyinspired text, and actually am inclined to believe it is one of the least reliable texts available to believers today.

I do believe a person can fall completely out of God's grace and find themselves in judgement. Not easily though and certainly not because God let them do so. I believe individuals can choose to abandon the principles of faith and follow their own fleshly devices if they so desire and in so doing run the risk of falling away.

Lastly, I believe that we do not have to agree completely on every single dot and iota of scripture. There is much to be learned and understood, and we can agree to disagree on many topics EXCEPT for the very very fundamental ones.

Jesus came to die for our sins, by believing in Him a person can and will receive forgiveness of all sin & with it, eternal life given on the last day.

An impressive list indeed.....
I am pretty much in agreement with you all the way down the line here......

It seems to me that you would have potential as a Christian reality film producer or director or
star?

Does this idea stir you up at all?

North American churches should each have their own currency!

Upvote 0