What are some ways you share the gospel?

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread is meant to be one of encouragement. Not one for bragging or ridicule.

How are you currently sharing the gospel? Are you involved with any ministries that are actively sharing? Is the Lord leading you to a new ministry or opportunity?

If not, then are you seeking to be involved in such a ministry?

For me, I try to take Jesus' approach with the women in Samaria. Engaging in conversation and when the opportunity arises to bring the gospel naturally into the conversation, I bring up the Lord. I don't always succeed, but I do try.

I also feel the Lord leading me to starting doing some praise and worship on the streets where I am located. Taking an acoustic guitar, a small amp, and mic, and setting up on a street corner downtown and just singing to Him. I'm praying about this for direction.

Reactions: mourningdove~

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread is meant to be one of encouragement. Not one for bragging or ridicule.

How are you currently sharing the gospel? Are you involved with any ministries that are actively sharing? Is the Lord leading you to a new ministry or opportunity?

If not, then are you seeking to be involved in such a ministry?

For me, I try to take Jesus' approach with the women in Samaria. Engaging in conversation and when the opportunity arises to bring the gospel naturally into the conversation, I bring up the Lord. I don't always succeed, but I do try.

I also feel the Lord leading me to starting doing some praise and worship on the streets where I am located. Taking an acoustic guitar, a small amp, and mic, and setting up on a street corner downtown and just singing to Him. I'm praying about this for direction.
I am not a good public speaker. You know that woman on Seinfeld who was a "low talker?" That's me. I have to yell (it feels like I am yelling) for people to hear me sometimes. I actually get a headache sometimes because of it. I am just saying that speaking is not one of my gifts. I do write. Some years ago the Lord gave me a dream where I was in the middle of a street with my hands leveled out in front of me palms down. Suddenly my hands were completely covered with bees. Buzzing and swarming. I do not know a lot about Hebrew, but I did recall that the word for bees is very similar to the noun for "words." The bees were words, and my hands were in the same position as they are when I type. So I knew that they Lord wanted me to write. I have written over a dozen books and they are selling. So that is one way I am sharing the word.
I also wear Jesus/Gospel tee-shirts when I go out. I have a collection of 8 or 10 tee-shirts with Jesus/gospel messages. I wore one to Wal-Mart the other day that says "There is power in the name of Jesus."
Of course I also share Jesus and the Word on CF and Facebook. Everyone can do something.
We all need to walk the gospel. Just being a righteous and loving person to everyone. Otherwise they just ignore you.
Peace

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not a good public speaker. You know that woman on Seinfeld who was a "low talker?" That's me. I have to yell (it feels like I am yelling) for people to hear me sometimes. I actually get a headache sometimes because of it. I am just saying that speaking is not one of my gifts. I do write. Some years ago the Lord gave me a dream where I was in the middle of a street with my hands leveled out in front of me palms down. Suddenly my hands were completely covered with bees. Buzzing and swarming. I do not know a lot about Hebrew, but I did recall that the word for bees is very similar to the noun for "words." The bees were words, and my hands were in the same position as they are when I type. So I knew that they Lord wanted me to write. I have written over a dozen books and they are selling. So that is one way I am sharing the word.
I also wear Jesus/Gospel tee-shirts when I go out. I have a collection of 8 or 10 tee-shirts with Jesus/gospel messages. I wore one to Wal-Mart the other day that says "There is power in the name of Jesus."
Of course I also share Jesus and the Word on CF and Facebook. Everyone can do something.
We all need to walk the gospel. Just being a righteous and loving person to everyone. Otherwise they just ignore you.
Peace
very cool ways to share!

• Friendly
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟551,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Taking an acoustic guitar, a small amp, and mic, and setting up on a street corner downtown and just singing to Him.
Good idea..
---
I was involved in street outreach/ministry..many years ago.
- Gospel tracts, sharing good news/evangel..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  1. Online tracts: I embed an invitation in the signatures of the forums that I participate in.
  2. When the forum topic warrants it, I reply with a Bible answer or Salvation directly.

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I consider tracts to be a bare minimum.
In the Parable of the Talents [Matt. 25:14-30], Jesus told the lazy servant,
"So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers,
and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
" v.27

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I consider tracts to be a bare minimum.
In the Parable of the Talents [Matt. 25:14-30], Jesus told the lazy servant,
"So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers,
and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
" v.27
What for you is the minimum might be a filthy rag for someone else to do. Having stated that, I do want to write a tract though. I know someone who leaves Chick tracts at places and I would love for there to be a better message than, "God hates you, and if you accept Jesus He'll hate you a little less."

I do want to try to go to Pittsburgh's Market Square with my pastor and friend Brad and just sing some worship songs. I would really love to get Josh and Lacey Sturm involved just because I think it would be awesome to do some public ministry with the Sturms (search Lacey Sturm if you don't know who they are), and not let anyone know it's them, and Lacey is so amazing ministering one on one.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What for you is the minimum might be a filthy rag for someone else to do.
I just see it as a starting point, until God guides more specifically.
I would love for there to be a better message than, "God hates you, and if you accept Jesus He'll hate you a little less."
"This Was Your Life" did not seem so hopeless.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I share the Gospel at Church with my friend and new Christians who have addictions and mental health issues. We have a ladies' bible study on a Fridays, and we have a group called Junction 42 Connect Edinburgh, Scotland we meet everyone Wednesday and have worship together.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums