Discussion Is your church/denomination fighting against the encroaching cultural/sexual agenda?

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to post this website,...

They cover a lot of the current culture issues for Christianity, but read some of those articles and tell me satan isn't making inroads into different denominations, mainly the old Protestant denominations.
He's certainly made a lot of inroads with that website you linked. It's a reformed theology site, spewing false accusations against anyone who is more Biblical than they are, which is pretty much everyone, since they are reformed theology. One of their assertions is that because Greg Laurie first heard the Gospel from Lonnie Frisbee, it calls Greg Laurie's salvation and subsequent message into question. The editors of that website really need to find Jesus, and ditch Calvin.

As to denominations, not all organizations that want to be named Christian have anything to do with Jesus.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: actionsub
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry to criticize a website linked as a reference, but these sites that call themselves Christians and are full of deception (lies) and accusations hurt my spirit. I can't see them doing anything but what Jesus called speaking their native tongue, which is the language of their father, who was a liar from the beginning and the father of lies.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The answer is in Him, through His Holy Spirit. One thing I do know, Jesus Christ of Nazareth never fought against sinners nor did He align with them. It's up to each individual to follow in His footsteps and figure out that third option.
Blessings.
He told them to sin no more.
Are we forgetting that
jesus disciples were baptising the people for the remission of sin. To escape God's coming wrath?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Our church repeats what the Bible says about gays and they usually don’t stay. People that won’t endure sound doctrine at all are looking for the cozying up. Why do lgbtq even want church, because of internal strife over their lifestyle. They want God but don’t want to give up their sin. Same with fornicators and adulterors. So they don’t go to church. Churches need a ministry to kids so they don’t do transgender and so they see the error of the lifestyle. But it hasn’t been figured out what to do with kids who deviate from the norm. Just one time can be so devastating to their lives.
What would happen if a married man and wife, were to be accepted in this same manner if adultery were the sin? A man dawning womens clothing etc, shows up at Church. What about a woman's husband showing up with his mistress, displaying their public affection right there in front of everyone, including has wife? What's the difference?

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Question I’ve been wondering: On another board I participate in, someone I find informative was explaining how this kind of nonsense infiltrated seminaries. Is anyone here familiar with how seminaries got so bad, or is it just a product of the times or a natural fall with no conspiracy behind it?
If you don't mind, what denomination would that be?
RCA. I know this isn't considered a charismatic / spirt-filled denomination, but saw ‘church/denomination’ so thought it was worth sharing. The RCA denomination itself does not recognize the cultural / sexual agenda, but is in close harmony w/ denominations that do so I fear it is only a matter of time. It breaks my heart. It is my family’s denomination though so not much I can do about it & the invidiual church we attend never brings it up (although I do find that a problem b/c how can you not bring it up???), so I attend d a Baptist church with my friend just as frequently.

Reactions: ARBITER01
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Question I’ve been wondering: On another board I participate in, someone I find informative was explaining how this kind of nonsense infiltrated seminaries. Is anyone here familiar with how seminaries got so bad, or is it just a product of the times or a natural fall with no conspiracy behind it?

RCA. I know this isn't considered a charismatic / spirt-filled denomination, but saw ‘church/denomination’ so thought it was worth sharing. The RCA denomination itself does not recognize the cultural / sexual agenda, but is in close harmony w/ denominations that do so I fear it is only a matter of time. It breaks my heart. It is my family’s denomination though so not much I can do about it & the invidiual church we attend never brings it up (although I do find that a problem b/c how can you not bring it up???), so I attend d a Baptist church with my friend just as frequently.
It's somewhat odd how things are playing out right now. Most of this is concentrated in the mainline Protestant churches, but the Catholics are having problems also. I suppose we will eventually see issues in the some of the Calvary Chapel types, and as you mentioned the Reformed churches also.

Maybe it is separating of the chaff from the wheat, I don't know, but it is the end times. Every single thing that Jesus predicted would be the signs of His coming have been already happening, so it's close.

Upvote 0

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably old news, but still relevant,...

I think there was some splits amongst the Lutherans and the Anglicans also.
1800 and counting. Many Annual Conferences (the Methodist equivalent of what the A/G calls districts, UMC "districts" are subdivisions of the Annual Conference) have yet to hold special meetings to approve/deny disaffiliation requests. In our AC, the hearing won't be for another month.
That said, I'm tired of the infighting over it so my household is disaffiliating from the UMC church where we are members, in search of a more conservative fellowship.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My home church, St John's Episcopalian church, went through quite an ordeal when the diocese decided it was ok to ordain gay priests. They wanted to leave and form their own, independent church. The problem was the building, a hundred year old structure, was owned by the diocese. The locals built it, paid for it, and kept it for 100 years. Point is they wanted no part of the endorsement of the gay lifestyle.

• Informative
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My home church, St John's Episcopalian church, went through quite an ordeal when the diocese decided it was ok to ordain gay priests. They wanted to leave and form their own, independent church. The problem was the building, a hundred year old structure, was owned by the diocese. The locals built it, paid for it, and kept it for 100 years. Point is they wanted no part of the endorsement of the gay lifestyle.
Funny how these church corporations use the buildings that other people earned to hold the congregations to anti-biblical principles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Techo

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2023
Melbourne
✟45,399.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Sounds like the Episcopalian church (and probably several other churches) needs an internal split, while still remaining the one church, to allow it's members to side either with or against gay ordination (or other controversial matters). The members could identify themselves, within the congregation, as either Liberal or Conservative but not enter into argument, once their position was stated, on matters such as gay ordination. The ministry appointed would have to be acceptable to the majority faction. It would be a way of separating the sheep and the goats... maybe. :innocent:

I know the scripture tells us not to take a brother to court but it is so tempting, when a organization betrays trust, to go into battle over certain matters... like ownership of a building.

• Informative
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus drove the money changers out of the temple. I have no doubt He wouldn't permit drag queen readings, gay marriage and so on. There's a difference between struggling with an act with the goal of removal and reconciling its presence, calling it normal and expecting others to support the compromise.

Human opinion isn't the standard. God is.

But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I suspect that it could have been more than just the 'extreme sexual behaviour' that prompted God to destroy those towns even though that activity was so rampart. The way that they were about to harm Lot for attempting to shield the angels sort of indicates a violence that probably means that they could murder anyone who stood in their way. Such a corrupted people would be a threat to the lives of any other people within that region. It is my... opinion... that God wiped out those towns to protect others from their callous disregard for the well being of anyone else... but I am open to correction.

The Book of Jasher contains extra details on Sodom and Gomorrah. Here's the text.

~bella

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sounds like the Episcopalian church (and probably several other churches) needs an internal split, while still remaining the one church, to allow it's members to side either with or against gay ordination (or other controversial matters). The members could identify themselves, within the congregation, as either Liberal or Conservative but not enter into argument, once their position was stated, on matters such as gay ordination. The ministry appointed would have to be acceptable to the majority faction. It would be a way of separating the sheep and the goats... maybe. :innocent:

I know the scripture tells us not to take a brother to court but it is so tempting, when a organization betrays trust, to go into battle over certain matters... like ownership of a building.
Each congregation may be different, but there's a few denominations head-deep in it. I believe Episcopalian is one of them. It's way too late for them to split. If they had wanted to split, they would've a long time ago. Methodist is another one, but it's caused some splits.

The splits may be really just getting started as churches get deeper & deeper into this. Or it gets more & more accepted & we're done w/ the splits. :(

Most denomination issues I find trivial & not worth fighting over. This isn't one of them. I think the line needs to be drawn.

Internal splits like that aren't easy. The point of a denomination is to keep teachings the recognizable across the board.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Each congregation may be different, but there's a few denominations head-deep in it. I believe Episcopalian is one of them. It's way too late for them to split. If they had wanted to split, they would've a long time ago.

For the record, there have been several splits of The Episcopal Church, both over ordination of women and over LGBTQ inclusion. There remains diversity of opinion among Episcopalians about these issues, yet we worship together despite our differences.

Also, for the record, the name of the church is The Episcopal Church and those of us who attend it are Episcopalians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For the record, there have been several splits of The Episcopal Church, both over ordination of women and over LGBTQ inclusion. There remains diversity of opinion among Episcopalians about these issues, yet we worship together despite our differences.

Also, for the record, the name of the church is The Episcopal Church and those of us who attend it are Episcopalians.
How's that work & still wouldn't convince me to be Episcopalian, sorry.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Teach against? Yes. By teaching the bible and what it says, including as much as is known about original language and context, every Sunday without apology.

Fight against? No. Not as I'm reading this question at any rate which reminds me of what I see many churches doing. They are fighting against the world outside the church and trying to change that world to insulate their church from bad ideas. Instead, I think the approach of 1 Corinthians 5 is more appropriate and what I see our church taking.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How's that work & still wouldn't convince me to be Episcopalian, sorry.

I think it works fine if one is there for the worship and not judging the person in the pew next to you.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This could be true when the issue is not important to those who worship. I like peas, my brother likes beans. We get along fine because this issue is not really important to us. But there are some issues that are deal breakers and we take them seriously as God says we should.

Amos 3:3 KJV
3. Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Endorsing gay ministers ain't peas and beans. It is called abomination in God's word. When we tolerate these things, we are telling the world that these things don't matter. We are telling them God is not concerned with them so carry on, everything is going to be ok. But it is not, everything is not going to be ok.

Ephesians 5:11 KJV
11. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

We are not doing them any favors by implying to them that these things don't matter and in fact we are ok with them. God is not ok with them. Nature is not ok with them. We love them, but you don't let people drink poison if you really love them. You warn them in no uncertain terms the peril they are in if they do. It is not hate to warn them as strongly as possible.
One day we may look down into hell and call out to people and say "Hi! Good to see you again! Still loving you all! I would never offend you!"
It is all just a reflection of the fact that we do not believe what God says. We think we are progressive and smart! See how tolerant we are! And while we are feeling good about ourselves, they are dying every day and going to the bad place. That is not love And we are not as smart as we think we are.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...It is called abomination in God's word. When we tolerate these things, we are telling the world that these things don't matter.

I don't know about your church but mine is rife with sinners. There is the glutton in the pew behind me. There is the homeless drug addict in the pew beside me. Across the aisle is the chap who has been divorced twice and married yet again. Sally is a gossip who bears false witness about other ladies in her fellowship circle. Bill has an intemperate tongue and curses like a sailor. I'm pretty sure Steve and June aren't really married. Betty had a child out of wedlock. And, then there is me.

I'm tolerant enough to believe all these persons ought to be sitting in church. I have always been partial to Matthew 13:26-30 saying the Master will sort things out at the harvest. I understand others believe differently.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0