Who Actually Has Been Or Is In the Military(US Military)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inquisitor_11

Viva la revolucion!
Feb 26, 2004
Caves Beach
✟15,963.00
Faith
Christian
Seeker64 said:
U.S Army

SFC, 20 years 5 mos

15R Attack Helicopter Mechanic AH-64D (Apache Longbow)

Served 4 months in Iraq - back now on a medical.

Retiring in June 2005!

God Bless our service men & women who put it all on the line day in and day out!

Jeff
Psalm 13:6

Nice to hear you made it back home ok.

A mate of mine was talking to some arty. bloke that had been over there, and he reckoned that among other things, that US gunships were doing regular, almost random strafing runs at night on locals that were "not exactly combatents".

Can you illuminate this furphy anymore for us?

Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
daidhaid said:
Muz I'm not quite sure how you meant that.
So just in case I don't mean to imply you are a poser, not at all.
I take you at face value.
Furthrmore, on this whole issue I don't think a guy has to be a vet or a combat vet to have an opinion on the military, not at all!
I have no problem with healthy dissagreements amongst us.
Strong opinions are fine with me.

I am only objecting to the type of posturing that is done to enhance credibility through deceit.
Promoting ones self, as something that they are not, is objectionable.

My only suggestion was to avoid the problem by devising a way to, sort of weed out the patently abusive fakes.

So, please don't take it the wrong way.
For what it is worth to you I, personaly, never considered you in that category.
You simply do not cross my mind in that context.
I am not saying people need to see things the way I do to be legitimate.

Since you are currently on active duty and seem to be a trustworthy individual you could be an acceptable person, as far as I am concerned, to verify that we are who we say we are.

So if a poster wants to rise above the wannabe all he has to do is ante up.
To avoid possible security concerns Critical info like ID #'s could be excluded.
Eliminating what would be the major objection.

Opinions???

Daidhaid...I was just being a screwball... which is par for the course for me. Your post(s) had absolutely nothing to do with what I said, but thanks for the kinds words just the same Brother.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
SoupySayles said:
US Army, 1989-1999, 13C30, Artillery Fire Direction Sergeant. We make the big guns shoot straight :)
In the Air force we had computers do this.(our big guns go big boom)
GLCM- LOL

I was in USAF, 1983-1989
Security Police

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jive Nation

May 4, 2004
✟154.00
Faith
Agnostic
US_Marine_CPL_0311 said:
F-15E's were a God send at times. They were also hell on earth.
In Fallujah, we saw A-10s and Spectere Gun ships do there thing, aside from Army Heli-Pilots doing the Hellfire/50 Cal. thing.

CAS is awesome stuff, I was more comfortable with it then Indierect Fire.

Upvote 0

Jive Nation

May 4, 2004
✟154.00
Faith
Agnostic
jwsiii said:
I've been in the Army for two months. I'm a cadet at West Point. I admit I don't know much about the military yet and I certainly don't know anything about combat ... yet.
Kinda off Topic, but when I was at Ranger School, my Ranger Buddy was a Cadet who said he had been in the Army for about 4 years, reffering to his time spent at the Academay.

I didn't know time spent there counted as actual service....

Upvote 0

daidhaid

walkin' slack
Dec 29, 2003
easily defended high ground
✟881.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Off the top of my head
The cadets don't have to commit to serve untill I think the second year. At some point they train with active duty and are ranked as cadets but I think get some NCO grade pay.
I dont think they swear in till they commit or graduate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tndrwarrior

Jul 22, 2004
hometown- Boston, attending school- Colorado Sprin
Visit site
✟15,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jive Nation said:
Kinda off Topic, but when I was at Ranger School, my Ranger Buddy was a Cadet who said he had been in the Army for about 4 years, reffering to his time spent at the Academay.

I didn't know time spent there counted as actual service....
Yeah cadets are active duty military members during their time at the Academy, but the time spent there does not count towards their 20 years of service. It starts after graduation. Also, I believe at all Academies the pay is a certain percentage of second lieutenant pay. But what would I know, I'm in the AF.^_^

Upvote 0

Entertaining_Angels

Aug 12, 2004
east coast
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
former Training and Ops NCO in the Army. My husband currently serves as a Sergeant Major in the USAR. We credit our eight year marriage to the fact that when I wasn't deployed, he was and vice versa. Now, I stay home with our kiddos but he still deploys. Oh, and we were both Special Ops.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.