• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Who Actually Has Been Or Is In the Military(US Military)

Discussion in 'Military' started by US_Marine_CPL_0311, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. US_Marine_CPL_0311

US_Marine_CPL_0311 Member

+11
    Protestant
    I ask this because I see a lot of people giving their opinions and if you don't know what you are talking about I'd advise you to keep your pie hole shut.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. WarSong

WarSong Remember Hiroshima? REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!

+125
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Constitution
    lol...I'm guessing you either are or were a Corporal in the Marine Corps.

I don't know what pay grade that is, but I'm a Senior Airman (E-4) in the Air Force.

3. US_Marine_CPL_0311

+11
    Protestant
    I am a Corporal(E-4 as well). I am still in...just reupped as well. Up for SGT. Trying to get to Iraq.

4. WarSong

+125
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Constitution
    I served a tour there (actually as far as Kuwait for hot pit refuels). My old squadron is back there now, and I dearly wish I was with them.

What's your MOS?

5. US_Marine_CPL_0311

+11
    Protestant
    0311 (Infantry/Rifleman/Squad Leader)

I was in Iraq for 8 months, came home, then I got called to go to Ghanny for 6 months, just got back from there.

I am on leave right now.

6. WarSong

+125
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Wow! Much respect. I'm on leave as well; transitioning to my new assignment in England.

I have a bud who's an E-6 in the Navy and serves as a Corpman. He's stationed in California and was in Fallujah, though I haven't heard from him inawhile.

7. US_Marine_CPL_0311

+11
    Protestant
    Man I love my Corpsmans(I say it plurally because one of them was mortally wounded when we were in 'raq,) If he is in Fallujah, he is definitely not going to be able to get a hold of you for a while. We went through there at first, before the real heavy activity started up.

8. Glaz

Glaz Obama '08

+505
    Other Religion
    Single
    US-Democrat
    US Army, 1989-1999, 13C30, Artillery Fire Direction Sergeant. We make the big guns shoot straight :)

9. kindredAngel777

kindredAngel777 Member

+0
    Baptist
    im just a military wife, but i plan on going in, i wanna do psyops soo bad!

10. MKalashnikov

MKalashnikov No longer a member of CF. As per Romans 12:9

+118
    Calvinist
    Private
    Former U.S. Army. E-4. 13B (Cannon Crewman). I served on the M109A6.

11. US_Marine_CPL_0311

+11
    Protestant
    Psyop's is some serious stuff. You'll need to have a strong mental mind for it.

12. fieldsofwind

fieldsofwind Well-Known Member

+11
    Christian
    Hey US_Marine_CPL_0311...

What all did you do in Afghanistan???

And hey... this isn't SOCNET... so anyone can chime in, military or not. If they're wrong about stuff (which obviously happens) then correct them accordingly. I understand your concerns, but this isn't a military board... just a section in a much larger overall forum.

13. US_Marine_CPL_0311

+11
    Protestant
    I can't divulge in what I did in Ghanny. It's called OPSEC for a reason.

14. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,601
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Wow Fire Direction and Gunnery. We just need someone from Fire Support and we'll have a Ft. Sill trifecta.

I did basic training at Ft. Sill - 1988.
    R.O.T.C./Reserves Simulateous membership program 1988-1990 - got my commission as a Reserve Artillery officer.
    Artillery OBC - 1991.

Blew out my back at OBC, and was medically retired after a couple of drills with my guard unit.

Combined with growing up the son of a career Air Force weatherman and being assigned to Army bases his last 6 years, I can talk the talk, but always try to mention that I never actually walked the walk.

15. Katydid

Katydid Just a Mom

+163
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Republican
    U.S. Army from 95-2001, 02G flute and piccolo player. Yup, Army Band. And I am now an Army wife. Actually, I have been an Army brat, Single soldier, Dual-military, and now I am a spouse.

As far as anyone coming in here, you are right, technically they can. But, I think they should take into consideration the fact that they are in the Military section of this board. I think it is rude to come in here and try to convince soldiers and their families that they are going to hell. This is an area for military and their families, that is what the description for this area is, and I think it is wrong for someone to come in here and judge my family for our choices. That would be as bad as me going into the non-denominational area and telling then they will be going to hell for their beliefs(which by the way I don't think they will, but you get my point). It is rude, and very wrong.

16. vatuck

vatuck This town needs an enema!

+213
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm only an Army wife, but I wanted to take a minute and thank you for your service to our country. You ARE appreciated very much! God bless all of you!

17. porkwithrice

porkwithrice New Member

+4
    Non-Denom
    Army from 97-2000. Would have liked to stay in but I blew out my ankle and can't run more than 100 ft. now, well maybe further. I'm only 26 and have some pretty bad arthritis, no more cartalage its bone on bone now. My job was shooting down planes with a shoulder fired Stinger missile. Makes me mad that we did not go into Iraq back in 98 when we should have, but hey I guess that's what happens when you have a president that refuses to serve his country.

18. WarSong

+125
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Constitution
    JUST a wife? ;)

Spouses are above and beyond civilians :)

19. daveleau

daveleau In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind

+678
    Christian
    Married
    There's no such thing as "just" a military wife. You serve just as much as your husband.

I am currently a navigator on the B-52 Stratofortress.

20. US_Marine_CPL_0311

+11
    Protestant

Hey tell you're boys when lighting it up to be careful of us ground pounders alright? We came pretty close to be friendly fire casualties a few times when the B-52s came and rained down hell. It wasn't that much fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.