Who Actually Has Been Or Is In the Military(US Military)

Status
Not open for further replies.

US_Marine_CPL_0311

Aug 1, 2004
Camp Lejuene, North Carolina
✟325.00
Faith
Protestant
WarSong said:
lol...I'm guessing you either are or were a Corporal in the Marine Corps.

I don't know what pay grade that is, but I'm a Senior Airman (E-4) in the Air Force.
I am a Corporal(E-4 as well). I am still in...just reupped as well. Up for SGT. Trying to get to Iraq.

Upvote 0

WarSong

Remember Hiroshima? REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!
Jan 23, 2004
Visit site
✟2,172.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow! Much respect. I'm on leave as well; transitioning to my new assignment in England.

I have a bud who's an E-6 in the Navy and serves as a Corpman. He's stationed in California and was in Fallujah, though I haven't heard from him inawhile.

Upvote 0

US_Marine_CPL_0311

Aug 1, 2004
✟325.00
Faith
Protestant
Man I love my Corpsmans(I say it plurally because one of them was mortally wounded when we were in 'raq,) If he is in Fallujah, he is definitely not going to be able to get a hold of you for a while. We went through there at first, before the real heavy activity started up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fieldsofwind

Oct 6, 2002
Visit site
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Hey US_Marine_CPL_0311...

What all did you do in Afghanistan???

And hey... this isn't SOCNET... so anyone can chime in, military or not. If they're wrong about stuff (which obviously happens) then correct them accordingly. I understand your concerns, but this isn't a military board... just a section in a much larger overall forum.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Wow Fire Direction and Gunnery. We just need someone from Fire Support and we'll have a Ft. Sill trifecta.

I did basic training at Ft. Sill - 1988.
R.O.T.C./Reserves Simulateous membership program 1988-1990 - got my commission as a Reserve Artillery officer.
Artillery OBC - 1991.

Blew out my back at OBC, and was medically retired after a couple of drills with my guard unit.

Combined with growing up the son of a career Air Force weatherman and being assigned to Army bases his last 6 years, I can talk the talk, but always try to mention that I never actually walked the walk.

Upvote 0

Katydid

Just a Mom
Jun 23, 2004
Alabama
✟11,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
U.S. Army from 95-2001, 02G flute and piccolo player. Yup, Army Band. And I am now an Army wife. Actually, I have been an Army brat, Single soldier, Dual-military, and now I am a spouse.

As far as anyone coming in here, you are right, technically they can. But, I think they should take into consideration the fact that they are in the Military section of this board. I think it is rude to come in here and try to convince soldiers and their families that they are going to hell. This is an area for military and their families, that is what the description for this area is, and I think it is wrong for someone to come in here and judge my family for our choices. That would be as bad as me going into the non-denominational area and telling then they will be going to hell for their beliefs(which by the way I don't think they will, but you get my point). It is rude, and very wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

porkwithrice

Jul 7, 2004
So. California
✟15,196.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Army from 97-2000. Would have liked to stay in but I blew out my ankle and can't run more than 100 ft. now, well maybe further. I'm only 26 and have some pretty bad arthritis, no more cartalage its bone on bone now. My job was shooting down planes with a shoulder fired Stinger missile. Makes me mad that we did not go into Iraq back in 98 when we should have, but hey I guess that's what happens when you have a president that refuses to serve his country.

Upvote 0

WarSong

Remember Hiroshima? REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!
Jan 23, 2004
Visit site
✟2,172.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
vatuck said:
I'm only an Army wife, but I wanted to take a minute and thank you for your service to our country. You ARE appreciated very much! God bless all of you!

JUST a wife? ;)

Spouses are above and beyond civilians :)

Reactions: vatuck
Upvote 0

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
kindredAngel777 said:
im just a military wife, but i plan on going in, i wanna do psyops soo bad!
There's no such thing as "just" a military wife. You serve just as much as your husband.

I am currently a navigator on the B-52 Stratofortress.

Upvote 0

US_Marine_CPL_0311

Aug 1, 2004
✟325.00
Faith
Protestant
I am currently a navigator on the B-52 Stratofortress.

Hey tell you're boys when lighting it up to be careful of us ground pounders alright? We came pretty close to be friendly fire casualties a few times when the B-52s came and rained down hell. It wasn't that much fun.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.