Which is a staple for you? Butter or margarine?

Which do you eat the most of?

• Butter

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Margarine

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I never use Butter or margarine

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ask because I buy it when it's on sale but I don't eat it unless I am out of margarine. And then I cringe. Because I am afraid of how hard it is supposed to be on the heart.
Margarine is much worse than butter. Nothing inherently unhealthy about butter.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I don't know how they can do that without listing it?
Here's sort of an example.
Frys/Kroger has a new ice cream. Cherry corgial. Omgoodness it is the best I have ever had. Whole and halve cherries. No sugar added, low fat, no lactose.and yet it is so sweet. No sweeteners on ingredients list. How'd they do that. The carton is not empty but when it is I will try to read it again.
They also have a vanilla like this and it is also wonderful but I like frills:)
Oh you can find things such as sucralose which some say can lower your protiotics some.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This has turned out to be a real informative thread.
Any added comments are appreciated. Such as this reminder when participating:
Remember when margirine was called OLEO? Any one know the story behind that one?
We had Blue Bonnet and Parkay.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Oh boy, here we go,lol
Yeah.... so what it comes down to is not as much butter vs margarine according to the experts but the numbers as they say margarine is made from vegetable oil while butter is animal fat.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Why can't you microwave bacon?
I have a microwave bacon rack, but I don't really like bacon, I always get the little link sausages instead of bacon when I order breakfast at places.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those wanting to avoid the extra calories in sugar could consider using honey as a sweetener. It is much sweeter than sugar, so you don't need to use much, so less calories. I don't do it myself as I use sweeteners instead. I imagine that honey is healthier, because it's completely natural.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Those wanting to avoid the extra calories in sugar could consider using honey as a sweetener. It is much sweeter than sugar, so you don't need to use much, so less calories. I don't do it myself as I use sweeteners instead. I imagine that honey is healthier, because it's completely natural.
Actually honey has more calories than sugar so using less may not save you calories if not enough less.
Honey has about 64 calories per tablespoon while sugar has about 49 so sugar has 77% of the calories of honey so in order to have less calories using honey you would need to drop below 3/4 tablespoon of it.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually honey has more calories than sugar so using less may not save you calories if not enough less.
Honey has about 64 calories per tablespoon while sugar has about 49 so sugar has 77% of the calories of honey so in order to have less calories using honey you would need to drop below 3/4 tablespoon of it.

I'm sorry, I did not know that!

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I'm sorry, I did not know that!
I googled it.... and the top result was actually WRONG saying honey had less calories. I'm not really sure that fructose sugar is that much better than sucrose it just takes longer to process from what I've heard. There is a lot of things that were said to be bad for you that they got wrong like coffee and alcohol saying they are bad for you totally when certain types and amounts are at times actually good. I think good genetics is most of the battle as people in their 90s have done things and eaten things that others who did similar died from in their 50s attributing them to the same things. If margarine is made from vegetable oil and butter from animal fat then I guess vegans don't do butter.

Upvote 0