Which is a staple for you? Butter or margarine?

Which do you eat the most of?

• Butter

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Margarine

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I never use Butter or margarine

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We usually get a good price at Aldi's.
Was down to 1.78. Now it is up to 3.78
We have been using margarine for some applications.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We usually get a good price at Aldi's.
Was down to 1.78. Now it is up to 3.78
We have been using margarine for some applications.
It doesn't bother you that it is bad for the heart, clogs up the arteries?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I ask because I buy it when it's on sale but I don't eat it unless I am out of margarine. And then I cringe. Because I am afraid of how hard it is supposed to be on the heart.
The dirty little secret is that synthetic hydrogenated oils are not great for hearts. Unnatural molecules your body doesn’t know how to deal with.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ask because I buy it when it's on sale but I don't eat it unless I am out of margarine. And then I cringe. Because I am afraid of how hard it is supposed to be on the heart.
I'll share my staple. Olive oil spray! 0 calories and enough for every oil need.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'll share my staple. Olive oil spray! 0 calories and enough for every oil need.
Blessings.
When making a grilled cheese sandwich I have shifted entirely from butter to olive oil. Still, I’d never use margarine. We have none in the house.

Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The anti butter crusade came from flawed research. If you knew how margarine was made, you would be less inclined to eat it. Margarine was heavily promoted during WW2 because butter became hard to get. Margarine was dyed yellow to make it seem more like butter.

I was in my 20's when fat generally became the health bogeyman. Since that time, a plague of obesity has swept the world. Some fat is necessary for good health. It also satisfies the appetite so people tend to eat less. Dead calories (i.e. sugar) are the worst enemy. You see "99% fat free!" on packages. Often they are 99% sugar, far less healthy than a handful of (fatty) peanuts.

Like anything else, eat butter in moderation. Just what that means depends on your lifestyle and metabolism. There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to diet.

"A major 2010 analysis published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition looked at 21 previous studies including 347,747 people, with a follow-up period of between 5-23 years. The researchers found that consuming saturated fats was not significantly associated with stroke or heart disease.
  • ([URL='https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2824152/']Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease)
[/URL]

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Olive oil.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Margarine is much worse for your heart health a than butter is. So are all of the extremely processed vegetable oils. If you are concerned with your heart health use olive oil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I usually have olive oil based margarine. I don't know how healthy it may, or may not be for me. I've had a heat attack and two strokes so far. One stroke was a small one called and TIA, but the second one was quite serious, but I'm not dead yet. I just keep trusting God and that's good enough for me. I don't need to be here forever and when God comes for me, He has got a new body waiting for me!

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The dirty little secret is that synthetic hydrogenated oils are not great for hearts. Unnatural molecules your body doesn’t know how to deal with.
I knew that about it so it boiled down to cost and the best of two evils.
Besides the health issues butter is HARD to use especially trying it in toast.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My mom and I only use olive oil. We have an olive oil spray we use on pans and the like whenever we are about to cook foods.
What about toast and things like that?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I knew that about it so it boiled down to cost and the best of two evils.
Besides the health issues butter is HARD to use especially trying it in toast.
Butter isn't engineered so much. So it has some inconvenient characteristics like being too hard for your toast if it's too cold. Margarine is engineered for spreading on toast no matter what. Better living through chemistry. Kind of like the wonders of soyburgers.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was trying mayo for things like toast, etc. It's okay but doesn't beat the usual. I think you all have convinced me to use all the pounds of butter I have. Anyone have an idea on keeping it soft? It's too hot here and so it butters the table if I leave it out .

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status