Canada
✟8,063.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Go after the fat ones.

No.

I'm not using the internet. It doesn't work.

As for the clubbing thing, that's not my thing either. As someone who doesn't drink, doesn't dance and doesn't want to go to a meat market, that's no good for me either. I'm not into that kind of environment.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Online dating sites I'd say, pretty easy to get a girl to like you.

Seems systematic and quick, though maybe that's not the best way it's done? Heh.

Close enough. Mail order brides are where its at. Have enough money and get a girl by next thursday!

/sarcasm

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Go after the fat ones.

Way to be completely offensive. As if overweight people are normally meant for love or something? I know you were probably thinking it was a funny joke when you made it, but remember that there are people on this sight who are overweight or have other weight issues, that are your brothers and sisters in Christ. They might have confidence issues, and you just completely shot them in the back by making such a rude comment.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

Deacon

Oct 16, 2003
Bartlett, Tennessee
✟3,206.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
@Thomas,

The thing about some of these folks, they're not all that caring about people's feeling, they just say what they think is funny.....they might put a "Catholic cross" or a "Christian cross" but they far from live the life of being a Christian. They have to feel better about themselves, so they put others down. Quite frankly, I grow tired of it, yet you point it out with your own barbs, YOU get in trouble. I choose to put them on my ignore list, because frankly they're not worth the time.

Also lone soldier, you might want to start Praying to God, that should be the first place you want to look when finding a girl.

Upvote 0

lone soldier

Nov 10, 2010
Canada
✟8,063.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Thomas,

The thing about some of these folks, they're not all that caring about people's feeling, they just say what they think is funny.....they might put a "Catholic cross" or a "Christian cross" but they far from live the life of being a Christian. They have to feel better about themselves, so they put others down. Quite frankly, I grow tired of it, yet you point it out with your own barbs, YOU get in trouble. I choose to put them on my ignore list, because frankly they're not worth the time.

Also lone soldier, you might want to start Praying to God, that should be the first place you want to look when finding a girl.

I've been doin that for years.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
deacon is it really about our efforts in prayer with God? or HIS will? Look at the woman in the OT that was barren without child and it was a priest, Eli (I believe) that had to interceded and pray for her that it finally came.

I mention this because there are some of us that have earnestly been praying, following the scriptures and every advice a Christian has offered, even forgetting about it that the blessing has not come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
If you're in the A league play in the A league and enjoy it. If you're in the C league play in the C league and enjoy it. Those of the hefty variety need some lovin' too.

They're also just as picky as those of the slender variety. If you play by those rules it's not how they look that will make the difference, it's the way they feel about themselves.

As much fun as it is seeing a man look completely shocked when his "mercy target" knocks him back it does get old fast.

--------------------------

Meeting people. You meet people all the time, it's not the location it's how you interact with them. There could be someone sitting next to you on the bus that you'd be quite happy with if you got talking to them, on the other hand that attempt could crash and burn as they just want to be left to travel to work in peace. Some people walk through life and find connections at every turn, some will only make one or two in their lifetimes and yet more never find anyone they truly connect with.

Just need to make the most of life, there are new faces everywhere it just takes someone to break the ice in order for them to become part of your life.

Upvote 0

lone soldier

Nov 10, 2010
Canada
✟8,063.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They're also just as picky as those of the slender variety. If you play by those rules it's not how they look that will make the difference, it's the way they feel about themselves.

As much fun as it is seeing a man look completely shocked when his "mercy target" knocks him back it does get old fast.

--------------------------

Meeting people. You meet people all the time, it's not the location it's how you interact with them. There could be someone sitting next to you on the bus that you'd be quite happy with if you got talking to them, on the other hand that attempt could crash and burn as they just want to be left to travel to work in peace. Some people walk through life and find connections at every turn, some will only make one or two in their lifetimes and yet more never find anyone they truly connect with.

Just need to make the most of life, there are new faces everywhere it just takes someone to break the ice in order for them to become part of your life.

I totally agree, people are everywhere. But striking up conversations with complete strangers, especially attractive women, is a problem. I feel like I am bothering them so I don't do it.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I totally agree, people are everywhere. But striking up conversations with complete strangers, especially attractive women, is a problem. I feel like I am bothering them so I don't do it.

It is a very valid risk, but what one individual finds bothersome may make the day of another. Providing you're polite and back off should she show signs of not wishing to engage in conversation there's no harm in it. If it's just the risk of being bothersome that prevents you then i'd say forget about it, unless you're actively trying to sell yourself using cold call tactics at worst it's just a minor annoyance and at best you've gotten a conversation and contact number so you can keep up the correspondence.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just have to pick yourself up and try again another day.

Upvote 0

SneakerPimp53

Becoming X
Jan 14, 2011
The 'rents' basement
✟15,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Sure, there are all kinds of people in the C league that think they're going to get something better. Hardly shocking in the entitlement culture that prevails in most of the west. Of course being picky doesn't mean you're not in the C league, it just means you're fooling yourself.

Upvote 0

Boondock_Saint

Member since 2006.
Jun 16, 2015
Chicago-ish
✟11,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I noticed in the other discussion about going to church to find a partner, that a lot of people thought it was okay, but not something to do in and of itself. I can understand that. But where do you think is a good place to meet people? Personal experiences on this? I don't believe you can sit by passively or idly and have your dream partner just drop into your lap, so where do you go to meet someone great?

I have never met a new person at my apartment.

The best place to meet people is anywhere there are people. But I found it helpful to invite people with you to share in what you think is a fun time. I invite people to go to piano bars and live shows. And I have met my share of girls this way. All but one ended up going no where. But all it takes is that one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Sure, there are all kinds of people in the C league that think they're going to get something better. Hardly shocking in the entitlement culture that prevails in most of the west. Of course being picky doesn't mean you're not in the C league, it just means you're fooling yourself.

I just assumed it meant they weren't interested in that particular person regardless of whatever perceived league you may/may not be in.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just assumed it meant they weren't interested in that particular person regardless of whatever perceived league you may/may not be in.

No, it just means you aren't being grateful for the scraps that get thrown down to you from the "upper leagues". Because as we all know, people who match the world's shallow, hedonistic popular culture's idea of what constitutes good qualities in other people are better than everyone else. Oh, and we also have to account for the indisputable fact that someone else's opinion of how you look sets the boundaries of whom you are and are not allowed to find attractive.

(There aren't enough eyerolling smileys on the internet to portray the depth of the sarcasm I used in the preceding paragraph.)

----------On topic----------
I can only say, go to where your interests are. You're already guaranteed to have common ground then, and that's a good place to start. Of course if you're a total nerd with a very limited set of interests that don't appeal to many other people, that can be hard to do. But I think I'm probably worse off in that area than most people.

Upvote 0

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single

Others may disagree with me on this, but I think to be a successful socialite you have to have a bit of an attitude. You need to believe that you are worth listening to, and that no one has the right to be rude to you, no matter how attractive and female they may be. You'll step on a few toes, but that's the nature of the beast. If you're always concerned about the other person, then you'll frequently get ignored and taken advantage of.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
lonesoldier, it depends on your market. Its not an end in all, its one of many avenues to meeting. You don't know unless you try, christian cafe has the best, but distance poses a problem. My friend met her husband within the first week (never paid a pennY)

mmhmm. its where I met the guy I'm talking to now. Ironically though we met after I'd given up on that site because I never found any guy I'd be interested in getting to know there. then he sent me a message to talk. neither of us had to pay either.

dating sites are trumpeted as a guarantee to meet the love of your life because we've all seen the commercials, heard the testimonies, and probably all know at least one couple who met online. but the truth is its like sampa said: its a medium to meet people. nothing more. nothing less. And writing it off because there are more men than women, as if every woman on the site has her pick of men, is just silly. If the kind of guy she wants to meet is not messaging her? then she's not meeting any potential dates either. Maybe lonesoldier is exactly the kind of guy that woman X is looking to meet but never will because he's written those sites off.

just a thought anyway. *shrugs*

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Last time I went out prowling for women like I was the best catch in the world was the day God let me know he was real. I didn't find any women that day, but God found me.

I think I gotta get out more, even if it just bouncing from store to store. There's nothing around where I live besides stores and bars.

Upvote 0