Where in scripture does it say to repent of your sins to get saved?

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
All they lacked was repentance. They had become carnal. If they didn't repent, what would have happened to them? Do slaves of Satan go to heaven?

Jesus said He hadn't lost any of them the Father had given Him, except the son of perdition that scripture might be fulfilled. He was speaking of His disciples. You have to look at all three Synoptic gospels to find the missing pieces to get the whole truth. Otherwise, you'll make up your own doctrine and contradict the rest of the Word of God.
This is the same for all believers not just Christ's disciples, just as John 17 says, it says He has authority over ALL flesh to give eternal life to as many as God has given Him. Now maybe you dont consider yourself one of those that God has given to Christ, well then if God did not do that for you too, then your still dead in your sins.

I dont make up doctrine.

John 17 New King James Version (NKJV)
17 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
John 6 also confirms God's will is that none are lost that He has given to Christ. This is not just the first set of disciples or only for the first century.
v37, Jesus teaches us the the Father gives to Christ His believers, all that He gives will come to Christ and be saved.
v39, Jesus teaches us God's will for these believers He has given to Christ is that not a single one is lost.
Christ raises them up in the Resurrection on the last DAY.
There are no saved Christians who have been born again regenerated by the Holy Spirit that are lost, in-truth they can not be lost. Nothing in Heaven or earth can separate you from the love of God in Christ, IF you belong to Him, you are joined together as one spirit with the Lord Jesus.

34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, give us this bread always.”

35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will [by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
This is the same for all believers not just Christ's disciples, just as John 17 says, it says He has authority over ALL flesh to give eternal life to as many as God has given Him. Now maybe you dont consider yourself one of those that God has given to Christ, well then if God did not do that for you too, then your still dead in your sins.

I dont make up doctrine.

John 17 New King James Version (NKJV)
17 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

You have to willfully sin to be dead in them. I don't commit willful sins of lawlessness, and neither does any other born again of the Spirit Christian. But thanks for the concern. :)

1 John 3:18-23

18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. 20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

And just as this verse confirms, 100% of my prayers are answered miraculously. :prayer:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,848.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, what is the sequence?

First, Peter was explicitly talking to people who were already believers in God and in scripture.

Second, Peter gave them the essentials of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as it could be given to people who already believed in God and scripture.

Third, they were "cut to the heart" by the Gospel--they accepted it.

Last, Peter told them to repent. The call to repentance came at the end of the process, not at the beginning.

C'mon, folks. Aren't those of us who have been Christians for years still finding sins to repent of?

First, Peter was addressing Jews attending the Jewish festival, Pentecost, many of them have still not accepted Jesus as their promised Messiah.

Second, Peter accused his listeners of crucifying Jesus. At no point in his "sermon" did he ever preach to them to believe that Jesus died for their sins, was buried, and resurrected on the 3rd day for their justification. Instead, the resurrection was proof that Jesus is indeed the Son of God

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
You have to willfully sin to be dead in them. I don't commit willful sins of lawlessness, and neither does any other born again of the Spirit Christian. But thanks for the concern. :)

1 John 3:18-23

18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. 20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

And just as this verse confirms, 100% of my prayers are answered miraculously. :prayer:
You said this,

'Jesus said He hadn't lost any of them the Father had given Him, except the son of perdition that scripture might be fulfilled. He was speaking of His disciples. You have to look at all three Synoptic gospels to find the missing pieces to get the whole truth. Otherwise, you'll make up your own doctrine and contradict the rest of the Word of God."

He was not speaking of His disciples only, your still missing the truth here.
As i showed I am not making up my own doctrine, your believing your own doctrine which is contrary to the truth, see it falls back on you after you tried to point out error on me. You seem to believe a born of God believer can sin, not repent and go to hell, which is impossible and can not happen in their life because God has chosen them from the beginning to be saved.

No one will be lost if God has given them to Christ for salvation, then they will be saved, nothing can prevent that.
Another example,
13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, Peter was addressing Jews attending the Jewish festival, Pentecost, many of them have still not accepted Jesus as their promised Messiah.

Second, Peter accused his listeners of crucifying Jesus. At no point in his "sermon" did he ever preach to them to believe that Jesus died for their sins, was buried, and resurrected on the 3rd day for their justification. Instead, the resurrection was proof that Jesus is indeed the Son of God

So you're going to mince the words differently.

My point is that "repent" came at the end and after they had accepted Peter's preaching, not at the beginning.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,848.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you're going to mince the words differently.

My point is that "repent" came at the end and after they had accepted Peter's preaching, not at the beginning.

I was just pointing out that your premises are faulty. But if those 2 points are not essential to your argument, then we can leave it as that.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
You said this,

'Jesus said He hadn't lost any of them the Father had given Him, except the son of perdition that scripture might be fulfilled. He was speaking of His disciples. You have to look at all three Synoptic gospels to find the missing pieces to get the whole truth. Otherwise, you'll make up your own doctrine and contradict the rest of the Word of God."

He was not speaking of His disciples only, your still missing the truth here.
As i showed I am not making up my own doctrine, your believing your own doctrine which is contrary to the truth, see it falls back on you after you tried to point out error on me. You seem to believe a born of God believer can sin, not repent and go to hell, which is impossible and can not happen in their life because God has chosen them from the beginning to be saved.

No one will be lost if God has given them to Christ for salvation, then they will be saved, nothing can prevent that.
Another example,
13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

If that is true then God definitely gave me to Jesus. I abide in Him and obey everything He says to me. All my prayers are answered. That is the sign of assurance. Are all your prayers answered? I hope they are, otherwise how can you be assured you belong to God? Just because you believe in God? Even the demons believe and tremble. There are some who think like you and call Him "Lord," yet Jesus will say to them, "I never knew you, you workers of wickedness." A true Christian cannot commit willful sins of lawlessness, because God is inside them. 1 John 3:9 I can't. Do you willfully sin?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
If that is true then God definitely gave me to Jesus. I abide in Him and obey everything He says to me. All my prayers are answered. That is the sign of assurance. Are all your prayers answered? I hope they are, otherwise how can you be assured you belong to God? Just because you believe in God? Even the demons believe and tremble. There are some who think like you and call Him "Lord," yet Jesus will say to them, "I never knew you, you workers of wickedness." A true Christian cannot commit willful sins of lawlessness, because God is inside them. 1 John 3:9 I can't. Do you willfully sin?

Do you understand that you cannot sin if you are born of God? Probably not, I can tell by what you have said. Christ came to take away our sin. And those born of God do not and cannot sin.
So by your reasoning, you sin, and then accordingly you have never seen Him or known Him...And also then your of the devil.

1 john 4
4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

1 John 5:19
We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.

The proper understanding of being born of God, is that that which is born of God does not and can not sin. That would be the new creation in Christ can not and does not EVER sin. In truth it is IMPOSSIBLE for the new creation in Christ to sin.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isn't he just saying "Change your mind" from unbelief? (repent, metanoia means change of mind in the Greek definition). Where does sin come in the picture?

Repentance also includes turning away from sin and turning towards God.

repent

G3340

Lemma:

μετανοέω

Transliteration:

metanoéō

Pronounce:

met-an-o-eh'-o

Part of Speech:

Verb

Language:

greek

Description:

1) to change one's mind, i.e. to repent

2) to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins"Repentance (metanoia, 'change of mind') involves a turning with contrition from sin to God; the repentant sinner is in the proper condition to accept the divine forgiveness." (F. F. Bruce. The Acts of the Apostles [Greek Text Commentary], London: Tyndale, 1952, p. 97.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I mean if people really want to say repent of your sins when preaching the gospel (in the context of turning from your sins) they may as well say do good works for others too like feed the poor. Because turning from sin and loving your neighbours are both good works we do after we are saved, and related to following the commandments of loving God because he hates sin and loving our neighbours. Turning from sin is indeed a good work - Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way;" Sometimes it takes effort to overcome sins and strongholds in our life and these are good works we do after we are saved. When preaching the gospel Jesus said repent to change your mind or direction in believing in Jesus, never talked about sin in that context. We should tell others to turn away from sins and do good works after they get saved by accepting the gospel because you can't clean a fish until you catch it first. So it confuses my why preachers add that, even though it's the right thing to do in your walk after you get saved. We should simply preach the gospel to people as Jesus instructed, to believe that he is Lord and savior over their sins and that he died and got resurrected. And then once they believe and are saved and sealed tell them to turn from their wicked ways and live out their new man, trust God to guide them in their new life. But not say these things which are meant as sanctification after you get saved and place it with salvation... That's not what Jesus did. Just preach the gospel to people and they will repent of their sins after they get saved.

Jesus taught that works are necessary to receive salvation. John 15:1-14

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
An unsaved sinner cannot repent. Only a regenerated believer can. He has to believe the gospel and be converted first, and then he will be able to repent. Trying to repent to be converted is to try and get right with God through works, because repentance is a work.

Even after a person is converted they must still do good works in order to receive salvation. John 15:1-14

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In terms of turning away from our sinful habits that's what I believe too. But I don't know why when Jesus says "repent" in scripture, people are thinking it means about sins? If repent means a change of mind, isn't a logical conclusion he is talking about repenting from unbelief?

I just don't know where this trend of street preachers saying to repent of your sins to get saved came from because I can't find it in scripture.

Here are some examples of repentance of sin.

“and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.”
‭‭REVELATION‬ ‭9:21‬ ‭NASB‬‬

“I gave her time to repent, and she does not want to repent of her immorality. Behold, I will throw her on a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her deeds.”
‭‭REVELATION‬ ‭2:21-22‬ ‭NASB‬‬

“and they blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores; and they did not repent of their deeds.”
‭‭REVELATION‬ ‭16:11‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Here are some examples of repentance of sin.

“and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.”
‭‭REVELATION‬ ‭9:21‬ ‭NASB‬‬

“I gave her time to repent, and she does not want to repent of her immorality. Behold, I will throw her on a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her deeds.”
‭‭REVELATION‬ ‭2:21-22‬ ‭NASB‬‬

“and they blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores; and they did not repent of their deeds.”
‭‭REVELATION‬ ‭16:11‬ ‭NASB‬‬
If your not born of God and alive to Him, then of course there will be no repentance. Your aligned with the devil and at enmity (war) with Christ and therefore God.

It is not the repentance that produces the salvation, it is the salvation which creates that new heart that can and wants to please God and Christ and repent.
Nothing can separate you from God if your are joined to Him as a new creation in Christ.

Romans 8
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If your not born of God and alive to Him, then of course there will be no repentance. Your aligned with the devil and at enmity (war) with Christ and therefore God.

It is not the repentance that produces the salvation, it is the salvation which creates that new heart that can and wants to please God and Christ and repent.
Nothing can separate you from God if your are joined to Him as a new creation in Christ.

Romans 8
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In Revelation 2 I quoted Jesus speaking to the church in Thyatira. Were they never born of God?

“'I know your deeds, and your love and faith and service and perseverance, and that your deeds of late are greater than at first.”
‭‭REVELATION‬ ‭2:19‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Revelation 2 I quoted Jesus speaking to the church in Thyatira. Were they never born of God?

“'I know your deeds, and your love and faith and service and perseverance, and that your deeds of late are greater than at first.”

You say nothing can separate us from Christ but Jesus said The Father can separate us from Him in John 15:2.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,848.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You dont comprehend those verses or the new creation in Christ, which can not AND DOES NOT SIN. For anyone else reading here, the New creation is what God creates, the NEW you on the inside, its your new spirit in fellowship and joined to the Lord, that can not sin, and that will never be destroyed as it has eternal life with God. The body is dead because of sin, and it can sin, but the new spirit God creates can not and does not ever sin. And that new creation is what John is talking about, it is the real genuine YOU. And Paul also says the same thing about the new creation here versus the old man of the flesh, which is no longer to be REGARDED as if its the real person anymore.

2 Cor 5

16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer.
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

The evil shall never understand...
God will destroy all evil and all sinners, all who do not know God and all who do not obey the gospel.
The only ones to survive the shaking of heaven and earth and the fiery wrath of God, are those new spiritually alive and perfected spiritually persons that He has given life to.
Devil, demons, fallen angels, evil sinners, all go into the fiery pit to be consumed by His wrath. Anyone who does not become born of God, is eternally lost forever and they are also depraved and whether they know it or not have been given over by God to work evil things.

I think you are referring to sin as a noun while she is referring to sin as a verb. That is why both of you are talking past each other. =)

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian

If they are His church then they were born of God.
Where does this passage mention they are going to hell?

1 To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, he that walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks: 2 I know thy works, and thy toil and patience, and that thou canst not bear evil men, and didst try them that call themselves apostles, and they are not, and didst find them false; 3 and thou hast patience and didst bear for my name's sake, and hast not grown weary.

4 But I have [this] against thee, that thou didst leave thy first love.

5 Remember therefore whence thou art fallen, and repent and do the first works; or else I come to thee, and will move thy candlestick out of its place, except thou repent.

6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches. To him that overcometh, to him will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
You say nothing can separate us from Christ but Jesus said The Father can separate us from Him in John 15:2.

Not only v2, but also v6 says they will be removed from the vine.

2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away

6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

Everyone not in Christ is removed from the vine of life which is Christ.
God created all things through Christ, but if they are not then in the vine bearing good fruit, they are removed from life. meaning they are dead and dying.
You must bear good fruit or the AX is coming for you.
Only those who are born again abide in Christ and can remain in the vine of life which is Christ and bear good fruit, the rest are cut away from having any life at all.

And in other scriptures only the saved who are born of God actually bear good fruit to God. Key to understanding this is Christ created all things, even the lost and evil sinners, but they dont abide in Him. so they are cut off from life.

John 15 New King James Version (NKJV)
The True Vine
15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus in John 8 also confirms that those who sin do not abide in the HOUSE forever, they will be cut off from life, and they will die, even though they seem to have life they are the walking dead.
If God is your FATHER, then you will LOVE CHRIST.
To have God as your Father means you are born of God and a son and will abide in the fathers house forever.

To be of GOD, means to be born of Him therefore having God as your new creation creator
And that means you will listen to God and beleive what God says and you will be saved.

If you do not hear God through Christ then you are NOT OF GOD, you are of the flesh, you father is the devil, your a sinner, and dead and you are cut off from eternal life and will suffer eternal punishment and separation from God forever.
Only those who are of God (born of God) hear Christ and follow Christ and are saved, Christ is the power of an everlasting life.

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

33 They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?”

34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Abraham’s Seed and Satan’s
37 “I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. 38 I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father.”

39 They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You do the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

Upvote 0