Where in Revelation is a Rapture Mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's a long way from the playpen to the starting line.
Sure is and that is why you refuse to answer

Why is Israel where Jesus will come back to when He returns

Why Jerusalem is the reborn nation of Israel capital city

You refuse to answer as it defeats what you say !

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure is and that is why you refuse to answer

Why is Israel where Jesus will come back to when He returns

Why Jerusalem is the reborn nation of Israel capital city

You refuse to answer as it defeats what you say !

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why?

Because you seem to be saying that modern Jews have a special relationship with God, based on their DNA, instead of a relationship with God's Son as defined in 1 John 2:22-23.

God did chose the tribe of Judah to produce the Messiah.
This is confirmed by Matthew 1:1, and John 4:22, and Galatians 3:16.

Based on Peter's words in Acts 2:36, and Paul's words in Romans 11:1, and the words of James in James 1:1-3, all of the Jews did not reject Jesus Christ.
About 3,000 of "all the house of Israel" accepted Christ on the Day of Pentecost.
We find in Romans 9:6,8, and Romans 9:27 that only a "remnant" of fleshly Israel would become Israel of the Promise.

There is now no difference between a naked native living in the Amazon rain forest and a modern Jew living in the middle east.
They both need Christ for the same reason and in the same way.

All of the Jews did not reject Christ, and all of the Jews will never accept Christ.
(Romans 9:27)

Your Bible says the same thing.

I am NOT saying anything and really my friend, I love you but why do you feel the need to make an argument of everything??????

You asked about JEWS, not a tribe of the Jews which is Judah.

A Jewish website is what a used to quote from and it is...................
What Makes a Jew "Jewish"?
According to Torah law, a person's Jewishness is not a matter of life-style or self-perception: one may be totally unaware of one's Jewishness and still be a Jew, or one may consider himself Jewish and observe all the precepts of the Torah and still not be a Jew.

In other words, it is the relationship between the Jew and his Creator that defines his Jewishness — not his acknowledgment of this relationship or his actualization of it in his daily life. It is not the observance of Torah's mitzvot (Divine "commandments") that makes him a Jew, but the commitment that the mitzvot represent."

Now you may wish to argue with them about their own perception.

Then from another site.................

Barak Diba, Israeli atheist Jew. IDF released. Studies Math. Live in T.A
Answered Sep 8, 2017

It depends who are you asking:

The dry law has two options. One recursive: if you have a Jewish mother, and the other religious: if you converted successfully to Judaism.

For terrorists, if your father was Jewish that's enough.

For Anti Semetics the whole gonverments and people who don't agree with them, are considered Jewish.

From a personal inter level, I know there are people who feel deep connection to the Jewish people and history, and the feeling of belonging, that they consider themselves as Jews. For the most part they are converting in the future.

I think if you have a close relative (2 generations distance) who is Jewish, but you aren't considered a Jew by the dry law, and you feel your story is revolved and tied up in the Jewish fabric, and you care for the Jewish people and seek and identify as part of it - after a combat service in the IDF, you should considered been Jewish.

Today all these people have to convert through the religious way and keep Mitzvot, although they aren't religious. Why can I be atheist Jew but they can't? This is wrong, and should be fixed. It can't be that people who have close Jewish ancestors (even a father) have to be religiously converted although they proved to put their destiny within the Jewish state and protected it.

It can't be right, that “none Jews” who had a Jewish father were prosecuted and carnaged in Europe, and for Israel, the safe heaven for all the Jews as they, they are simply “not Jewish enough”.

I expect more from ourselves.

So for me, you are Jewish even if your grandfather is Jewish, you identify as one and you proved to act for the safety of the Jewish state.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In other words, it is the relationship between the Jew and his Creator that defines his Jewishness — not his acknowledgment of this relationship or his actualization of it in his daily life. It is not the observance of Torah's mitzvot (Divine "commandments") that makes him a Jew, but the commitment that the mitzvot represent."

How can a relationship be unacknowledged and unactualized and yet be a relationship?

How can a commitment be unacknowledged and unactualized and yet be a commitment?

That would be charitably described as bafflegab.

Contrast that with the requisites for beginning a New Covenant relationship with, and commitment to, Christ:

Romans 10:9
If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

• Agree
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am NOT saying anything and really my friend, I love you but why do you feel the need to make an argument of everything??????

According to Torah law, a person's Jewishness is not a matter of life-style or self-perception: one may be totally unaware of one's Jewishness and still be a Jew, or one may consider himself Jewish and observe all the precepts of the Torah and still not be a Jew.

Now you may wish to argue with them about their own perception.

Then from another site.................

Barak Diba, Israeli atheist Jew. IDF released. Studies Math. Live in T.A
Answered Sep 8, 2017

It depends who are you asking:

The dry law has two options. One recursive: if you have a Jewish mother, and the other religious: if you converted successfully to Judaism.

For terrorists, if your father was Jewish that's enough.

For Anti Semetics the whole gonverments and people who don't agree with them, are considered Jewish.

From a personal inter level, I know there are people who feel deep connection to the Jewish people and history, and the feeling of belonging, that they consider themselves as Jews. For the most part they are converting in the future.

I think if you have a close relative (2 generations distance) who is Jewish, but you aren't considered a Jew by the dry law, and you feel your story is revolved and tied up in the Jewish fabric, and you care for the Jewish people and seek and identify as part of it - after a combat service in the IDF, you should considered been Jewish.

Today all these people have to convert through the religious way and keep Mitzvot, although they aren't religious. Why can I be atheist Jew but they can't? This is wrong, and should be fixed. It can't be that people who have close Jewish ancestors (even a father) have to be religiously converted although they proved to put their destiny within the Jewish state and protected it.

It can't be right, that “none Jews” who had a Jewish father were prosecuted and carnaged in Europe, and for Israel, the safe heaven for all the Jews as they, they are simply “not Jewish enough”.

I expect more from ourselves.

So for me, you are Jewish even if your grandfather is Jewish, you identify as one and you proved to act for the safety of the Jewish state.

Does God use any of those criteria for determining who is a Jew?

Not according to Romans 2:28,29:
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

His only criteria are faith and obedience.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does God use any of those criteria for determining who is a Jew?

Not according to Romans 2:28,29:
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

His only criteria are faith and obedience.

And when faith and obedience take place that Jew is then a Christian and a part of the church but he is still a Jew none the less.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How can a relationship be unacknowledged and unactualized and yet be a relationship?

How can a commitment be unacknowledged and unactualized and yet be a commitment?

That would be charitably described as bafflegab.

Contrast that with the requisites for beginning a New Covenant relationship with, and commitment to, Christ:

Romans 10:9
If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Honestly......why not contact those at the link I posted for you and aske them why as a Jew they would say what they said?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you realize who wrote the article found in the link above.

It was written by Rebbe Menachem Schneerson, who was considered to the the Messiah by many modern Orthodox Jews.
There is just one problem.
Schneerson died in 1994, at age 92.

In the article Schneerson speaks of the Kaballah, which is an occultic book based on the opinions of rabbis instead of the Hebrew text.

You may want to be more careful of who you use as a source of information.
The words of a false Messiah should not be considered on this forum.

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And when faith and obedience take place that Jew is then a Christian and a part of the church but he is still a Jew none the less.
True.

Ethnically he may still be a Jew.
Culturally he may still be a Jew.
But spiritually he is now a Christian.

Which of those is of significance to God, according to Romans 2:28,29?

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
True.

Ethnically he may still be a Jew.
Culturally he may still be a Jew.
But spiritually he is now a Christian.

Which of those is of significance to God, according to Romans 2:28,29?

It seems to me that all of your thoughts and opinions revolve around trying to make us accept the idea (FALSE) that the church has replaced Israel.

Replacement Theology says and it seems to me that you have eluded to...........
The Jewish people are now no longer a "chosen people." In fact, they are no different from any other group, such as the English, Spanish, or Africans.

Apart from repentance, the new birth, and incorporation into the Church, the Jewish people have no future, no hope, and no calling in the plan of God. The same is true for every other nation and group.

Since Pentecost of Acts 2, the term "Israel," as found in the Bible, now refers to the Church.

The promises, covenants and blessings ascribed to Israel in the Bible have been taken away from the Jews and given to the Church, which has superseded them. However, the Jews are subject to the curses found in the Bible, as a result of their rejection of Christ.

While it is true that the Church is the vehicle through which God has been working through for 2000 years, it is just as true Biblically that the Church has not replaced Israel in any way.

IF that is your agenda then I must tell you that Replacement Theology is one of the most incidieouse teaching in the world today. I hope that I am wrong about this but it is what it looks like in your opinions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you realize who wrote the article found in the link above.

It was written by Rebbe Menachem Schneerson, who was considered to the the Messiah by many modern Orthodox Jews.
There is just one problem.
Schneerson died in 1994, at age 92.

In the article Schneerson speaks of the Kaballah, which is an occultic book based on the opinions of rabbis instead of the Hebrew text.

You may want to be more careful of who you use as a source of information.
The words of a false Messiah should not be considered on this forum.

Are you saying that he was not a Jew????

Wasn't that the focus of your questions and positions? Isn't that what you asked for??????

Then to me your comment here is anti-Sematic.

What he thinks he is and what some say he has no meaning at all so why say that?????

In the Christian church, did not David Koresh say he was the Messiah?
Didn't Jim Jones say the say thing?
What about a man in Russia named Vissarion?
Then, Maria Devi Christos, founder of the Great White Brotherhood.

You actually said...............
"There is now no difference between a naked native living in the Amazon rain forest and a modern Jew living in the middle east.
They both need Christ for the same reason and in the same way."

You and others here on this forum are propagating Replacement Theology openly and then when someone posts comments from a JEW you attack that as well. I ask you again.......why is everything an argument with you?

God has not throws the Jews away. The promises God made to the Jews were not then transferred to the Church. If that is the case and it is not but if it is, then the church would also inherit ALL the curses promised to the Jews.

If it is true that true natural Jews do not exist, why did God make so many prophecies regarding the Jews (in the Bible) regarding the end times? Zechariah refers to a natural Jew in chapter 8 verse 23......................

“This is what the LORD Almighty says: “In those days
ten men from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, ‘Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.’ “

Roman 11:28-29 .........
"As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While it is true that the Church is the vehicle through which God has been working through for 2000 years, it is just as true Biblically that the Church has not replaced Israel in any way.

The question is persistently unavoidable.

Who is Israel? Who is a Jew?

What are the selection and identification criteria that God uses to distinguish a Jew? How are those criteria different from those He uses to distinguish His New Covenant Chosen People, His Church; i.e. faith and obedience?

Romans 2:28,29 gives us clear answers.

Do you disagree with what it says? Is Paul preaching Replacement Theology?

These issues must be addressed in the quest to accurately ascertain God's New Covenant.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

What are the selection and identification criteria that God uses to distinguish a Jew? How are those criteria different from those He uses to distinguish His New Covenant Chosen People, His Church; i.e. faith and obedience?

These issues must be addressed in the quest to accurately ascertain God's New Covenant.
God made a covenant with Abraham that is and remains UNCONDITIONAL
do you know what UNCONDITIONAL means -it means without conditions - without any criteria - without any criteria or requirements of any kind !

example if someone say to you that they are going to put you in a brand new car for free and there is no condition no criteria no requirement that you need to do -it is entirely and completely ,and fully on the other person that they will do what they say they will do
The covenant that God made with Abraham happened long before the Mosaic Covenant
while the Mosaic Covenant is being replaced the covenant God made with Abraham is never ending
That is why Israel will be the National Land that Jesus will return to
That is why Jerusalem is Israel's capital city
That is why there will be an Eternal City called Jerusalem that come down out of heaven
because of the promises God made to Abraham that have no criteria - no requirements of any kind placed upon men to do anything or fulfill anything - it is simply God doing what He chose to do because HE chose to do it !

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that he was not a Jew????

Wasn't that the focus of your questions and positions? Isn't that what you asked for??????

Then to me your comment here is anti-Sematic.

What he thinks he is and what some say he has no meaning at all so why say that?????

In the Christian church, did not David Koresh say he was the Messiah?
Didn't Jim Jones say the say thing?
What about a man in Russia named Vissarion?
Then, Maria Devi Christos, founder of the Great White Brotherhood.

You actually said...............
"There is now no difference between a naked native living in the Amazon rain forest and a modern Jew living in the middle east.
They both need Christ for the same reason and in the same way."

You and others here on this forum are propagating Replacement Theology openly and then when someone posts comments from a JEW you attack that as well. I ask you again.......why is everything an argument with you?

God has not throws the Jews away. The promises God made to the Jews were not then transferred to the Church. If that is the case and it is not but if it is, then the church would also inherit ALL the curses promised to the Jews.

If it is true that true natural Jews do not exist, why did God make so many prophecies regarding the Jews (in the Bible) regarding the end times? Zechariah refers to a natural Jew in chapter 8 verse 23......................

“This is what the LORD Almighty says: “In those days
ten men from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, ‘Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.’ “

Roman 11:28-29 .........
"As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable".

Was Rebbe Menachem Schneerson a "Jew", based on the words of the Apostle Paul found below?

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Is it "anti-Semitic" to say that all people now come to God through a relationship with Christ?
Since Arabs are also "Semitic" people, they must also be included in the discussion.
What did Peter say below?

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

In Romans 11 Paul uses the Olive Tree as a symbol of the New Covenant Church made up of believing Israelites and believing Gentiles grafted together into one tree.
There are two groups of Israelites in Romans chapter 11.
Paul begins the passage in Romans 11:1-5 with two groups, one faithful to God and one not.
He ends the passage in the same way.
The "election" are those who remain in the the Olive tree, through faith in Christ.

Paul says the branches broken off can be grafted back into the tree through faith in Christ.
There is no Plan B outside of the New Covenant Church.

As for the term "Replacement Theology".

The true form of "Replacement Theology" replaces the one seed, with the many seeds in Galatians 3:16.

Christ is the one who fulfills the "UNCONDITIONAL" covenant made with Abraham.
(See Matthew 1:1, Galatians 3:16-29)

It replaces the children of the promise, with the children of the flesh in Romans 9:8.

It replaces the word "so", which is an adverb of manner, with the word "then", which is an adverb of timing in Romans 11:26.

It replaces a Church which began on the Day of Pentecost with about 3,000 Israelites and later included Gentiles, with a Church made up only of Gentiles.

It replaces the "son" as the "heir" to the land in Matthew chapter 21, with those who reject Him as the "chief cornerstone".

It replaces a Gospel only of Grace, with one that includes race.

It ignores the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

It replaces the New Covenant of Christ, with a "treaty" broken by an antichrist not found in the chapter, by adding a "gap" of time not mentioned by the angel Gabriel, in Daniel 9:27.

It is the Two Peoples of God doctrine of modern Dispensational Theology, which is the true form of "Replacement Theology".

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: keras and jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Was Rebbe Menachem Schneerson a "Jew", based on the words of the Apostle Paul found below?

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Is it "anti-Semitic" to say that all people now come to God through a relationship with Christ?
Since Arabs are also "Semitic" people, they must also be included in the discussion.
What did Peter say below?

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

In Romans 11 Paul uses the Olive Tree as a symbol of the New Covenant Church made up of believing Israelites and believing Gentiles grafted together into one tree.
There are two groups of Israelites in Romans chapter 11.
Paul begins the passage in Romans 11:1-5 with two groups, one faithful to God and one not.
He ends the passage in the same way.
The "election" are those who remain in the the Olive tree, through faith in Christ.

Paul says the branches broken off can be grafted back into the tree through faith in Christ.
There is no Plan B outside of the New Covenant Church.

As for the term "Replacement Theology".

The true form of "Replacement Theology" replaces the one seed, with the many seeds in Galatians 3:16.

It replaces the children of the promise, with the children of the flesh in Romans 9:8.

It replaces the word "so", which is an adverb of manner, with the word "then", which is an adverb of timing in Romans 11:26.

It replaces a Church which began on the Day of Pentecost with about 3,000 Israelites and later included Gentiles, with a Church made up only of Gentiles.

It replaces the "son" as the "heir" to the land in Matthew chapter 21, with those who reject Him as the "chief cornerstone".

It replaces a Gospel only of Grace, with one that includes race.

It ignores the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

It replaces the New Covenant of Christ, with a "treaty" broken by an antichrist not found in the chapter, by adding a "gap" of time not mentioned by the angel Gabriel, in Daniel 9:27.

It is the Two Peoples of God doctrine of modern Dispensational Theology, which is the true form of "Replacement Theology".

So you are involved in Replacement Theology!

That answers a lot of questions as to why you are all over the place in your thinking.

Replacement theology is unbiblical and it tells me the reason why you have twisted so many Scriptures into what YOU want them to say.

And YES, throughout history it has paved the way for ‘Christians’ to engage in anti-Semitic behavior. The Christian Church has a horrific and embarrassing history of persecuting the Jewish people, and that history of persecution would never have been possible without Replacement theology.

Reactions: seventysevens
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thank you. Your avoidance of directly answering the question just told me that YOU are indeed teaching Replacement Theology.

Belief that God's single plan for history includes the two peoples of Israel and the church does not imply that there are thus different ways of salvation. When it comes to the issue of salvation there is only one way, since all peoples down through history descend from a single source-Adam. Christ's saving work is the only way of salvation for anyone, whether they are a member of Israel or the church.

The more that the believer sees a distinct plan for Israel and a distinct plan for the church, the more they realize that when the New Testament speaks to the church it is describing a separate destiny and hope for her. The church becomes more distinct in the plan of God.
The Word: Is Replacement Theology a False Teaching?

Israel's future includes the seven-year tribulation and then shortly before Christ's return to Jerusalem she will be converted to Jesus as her Messiah as the veil is removed and then she looks upon the one Who was pierced and is converted. On the other hand, the distinct hope (the rapture before the 70th week of Daniel) for the church is Christ's any-moment return.

Thus, a distinction between Israel and the church, as taught in the Bible, provides a basis of support for the pre-trib rapture. Those who merge the two programs cannot logically support the biblical arguments for the pre-trib position and that is exactly why you reject the possibility of the Rapture!

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. Your avoidance of directly answering the question just told me that YOU are indeed teaching Replacement Theology.

Belief that God's single plan for history includes the two peoples of Israel and the church does not imply that there are thus different ways of salvation. When it comes to the issue of salvation there is only one way, since all peoples down through history descend from a single source-Adam. Christ's saving work is the only way of salvation for anyone, whether they are a member of Israel or the church.

The more that the believer sees a distinct plan for Israel and a distinct plan for the church, the more they realize that when the New Testament speaks to the church it is describing a separate destiny and hope for her. The church becomes more distinct in the plan of God.
The Word: Is Replacement Theology a False Teaching?

Israel's future includes the seven-year tribulation and then shortly before Christ's return to Jerusalem she will be converted to Jesus as her Messiah as the veil is removed and then she looks upon the one Who was pierced and is converted. On the other hand, the distinct hope (the rapture before the 70th week of Daniel) for the church is Christ's any-moment return.

Thus, a distinction between Israel and the church, as taught in the Bible, provides a basis of support for the pre-trib rapture. Those who merge the two programs cannot logically support the biblical arguments for the pre-trib position and that is exactly why you reject the possibility of the Rapture!
I see no question in your last post to me.

But you have not answered my questions.

You continue to use the term "Israel" without defining who Israel is.

If they are different from the Church, what is/are the distinguishing characteristic(s) which make them different? Is it genetics? Culture? Religion?

Romans 2:28,29 makes clear what distinguishing characteristic God recognizes -- spiritual circumcision of the heart, earning His praise.

What other characterisics do you believe earn His praise?

This has nothing to do with belief in a rapture.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
As per typical you have no real understanding which is why you are all over the place
God made a covenant with Abraham that is and remains UNCONDITIONAL
do you know what UNCONDITIONAL means -it means without conditions - without any criteria - without any criteria or requirements of any kind !
No need to concern with DNA , no criteria of circumcision , no criteria or requirements of any kind

example if someone say to you that they are going to put you in a brand new car for free and there is no condition no criteria no requirement that you need to do -it is entirely and completely ,and fully on the other person that they will do what they say they will do
The covenant that God made with Abraham happened long before the Mosaic Covenant
while the Mosaic Covenant is being replaced the covenant God made with Abraham is never ending
That is why there will be an Eternal City called Jerusalem that come down out of heaven
because of the promises God made to Abraham that have no criteria - no requirements of any kind placed upon men to do anything or fulfill anything - it is simply God doing what He chose to do because HE chose to do it !

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Galatians 3:16

(CJB) Now the promises were made to Avraham and to his seed. It doesn't say, "and to seeds," as if to many; on the contrary, it speaks of one -- "and to your seed" -- and this "one" is the Messiah.

(ESV) Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, "And to offsprings," referring to many, but referring to one, "And to your offspring," who is Christ.

(Geneva) Nowe to Abraham and his seede were the promises made. Hee saith not, And to the seedes, as speaking of many: but, And to thy seede, as of one, which is Christ.

(Greek NT TR) τω δε αβρααμ ερρηθησαν αι επαγγελιαι και τω σπερματι αυτου ου λεγει και τοις σπερμασιν ως επι πολλων αλλ ως εφ ενος και τω σπερματι σου ος εστιν χριστος

(GW) The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his descendant. Scripture doesn't say, "descendants," referring to many, but "your descendant," referring to one. That descendant is Christ.

(LITV-TSP) But the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his Seed (it does not say, And to seeds, as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," which is Christ). Gen. 12:7, 13:15; 17:7, 8; 24:7

(KJV) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

(KJV+) NowG1161 to AbrahamG11 andG2532 hisG846 seedG4690 were theG3588 promisesG1860 made.G4483 He saithG3004 not,G3756 AndG2532 to seeds,G4690 asG5613 ofG1909 many;G4183 butG235 asG5613 ofG1909 one,G1520 AndG2532 to thyG4675 seed,G4690 whichG3739 isG2076 Christ.G5547

(NKJV) Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "AND TO YOUR SEED," who is Christ.

(YLT) and to Abraham were the promises spoken, and to his seed; He doth not say, 'And to seeds,' as of many, but as of one, 'And to thy seed,' which is Christ;

What part of Galatians 3:16 do you not understand?

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.