Where in Revelation is a Rapture Mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.”

Abraham was commanded to take his son to the mountains of "Moriah" and offer him as a sacrifice.

This was a shadow of God offering His own Son, on Mount Moriah as a sacrifice for the sins of all of us.

Who was Abraham's offspring in the verse above, through which all the nations of the earth would be blessed?

The answer is found below.

Mat 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Great Errors in Dispensational Eschatology: Pastor John Otis

Last edited:
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Abraham was commanded to take his son to the mountains of "Moriah" and offer him as a sacrifice.

This was a shadow of God offering His own Son, on Mount Moriah as a sacrifice for the sins of all of us.

Who was Abraham's offspring in the verse above, through which all the nations of the earth would be blessed ?

Your folly of the notion of Replacement Theology requires that the curses that are laid on Israel for disobedience be placed on the Christian church which is absolute rubbish just as your doctrine is bunk
You cannot answer why Israel is the location that Jesus will return to and establish His Kingdom - you do not accept Jesus reigns on earth in His Kingdom which is more bunk you force on scripture
You cannot answer WHY JERUSALEM is reborn in this day nor can you answer WHY JERUSALEM will be the ETERNAL city that comes down out of Heaven
It is because of the covenant God has with Abraham

IT IS the Mosaic covenant that is referenced in Galatians
Mosaic covenant Came afterward and put additional conditions on the covenant made with Abraham
It is the Mosaic covenant that is being replaced --NOT the Covenant made to Abraham

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see no question in your last post to me.

But you have not answered my questions.

You continue to use the term "Israel" without defining who Israel is.

If they are different from the Church, what is/are the distinguishing characteristic(s) which make them different? Is it genetics? Culture? Religion?

Romans 2:28,29 makes clear what distinguishing characteristic God recognizes -- spiritual circumcision of the heart, earning His praise.

What other characterisics do you believe earn His praise?

This has nothing to do with belief in a rapture.

But it has everything to do with the FALSE teaching of the Replacement Theology which you are propagating.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But it has everything to do with the FALSE teaching of the Replacement Theology which you are propagating.

You say that the outward Jew is a Jew.

Romans 2:28,29 says that the outward Jew is not a Jew; only the inward Jew is a Jew.

Is that replacement theology?

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
IT IS the Mosaic covenant that is referenced in Galatians

Genesis 22:18
And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

That's the Abrahamic covenant, not the Mosaic. Moses isn't yet born in the book of Genesis.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

That's the fulfillment of the Abrahamic covenant, not the Mosaic.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
lol as I said already , the Mosaic Covenant placed conditions upon the covenant made with Abraham , Abraham came first than later came Mosaic covenant
you do not read very well , and understand less than what you read

you probably have no idea what the 1st Amendment and 2nd Amendment amend ^_^

Genesis 22:18
And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

That's the Abrahamic covenant, not the Mosaic. Moses isn't yet born in the book of Genesis.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lol as I said already , the Mosaic Covenant placed conditions upon the covenant made with Abraham , Abraham came first than later came Mosaic covenant

At one point you said the Abrahamic Covenant is "Unconditional", which is the truth based on Galatians 3:16.

Now you seem to be saying above that the Mosaic Covenant placed conditions upon the covenant made with Abraham, which it did not as revealed by Galatians 3:16-29.

Make up your mind...

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are so deceived , you are so spiritually Blinded
I have asked you a dozen times or more these question that you refuse to answer
why Israel is where Jesus will come back to when He returns?

why Jerusalem is the reborn nation of Israel capital city

why
Jerusalem will be the burdensome stone and not a different city

why Jerusalem is the capital city of the REBORN Nation of Israel

why Jerusalem is the city that will be the ETERNAL city in ISRAEL that comes down out of Heaven

You are so deceived and blinded by your false beliefs that you cannot answer these elementary questions because the only true answer is to acknowledge the covenant that Almighty God made with Abraham

the fact that you continually refuse to answer these questions is all the proof necessary to prove you are blinded and been deceived in false beliefs

At one point you said the Abrahamic Covenant is "Unconditional", which is the truth based on Galatians 3:16.

Now you seem to be saying above that the Mosaic Covenant placed conditions upon the covenant made with Abraham, which it did not as revealed by Galatians 3:16-29.

Make up your mind...

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Make up your mind...

That presumes that there is a mind that can be made up...

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That presumes that there is a mind that can be made up...
You are so deceived , you are so spiritually Blinded

why Jerusalem will be the burdensome stone and not a different city

why Jerusalem is the city that will be the ETERNAL city in ISRAEL that comes down out of Heaven

You are so deceived and blinded by your false beliefs that you cannot answer these elementary questions because the only true answer is to acknowledge the covenant that Almighty God made with Abraham

the fact that you continually refuse to answer these questions is all the proof necessary to prove you are blinded and been deceived in false beliefs

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Christians are not the "replacement of the Jews" as the chosen people, the Bible says that Christians are added into God’s people, by reason of their faith.

It was prophesied long ago in Amos 9:11-12 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, says the LORD that does this.

It was prophesied that those "outside the camp" would become worthy to be part of the Lord’s people. Jesus touched on this in His parable of the wedding feast in Matthew 22:1-14…... For many are called, but few are chosen.
  • Romans 9:30-31 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
In other words, do we now have a problem that the unchosen Gentiles that became chosen and the chosen Israelites chose to become unchosen by blatant apostasy?
  • Romans 11:1-2 I say then: Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.
Paul makes a good point here. But as Paul WAS a Jew, he makes it clear in this passage, he retained his Jewishness. The only difference between him and the lost Jews is that he chose to believe Jesus. So in actuality, God never replaced them, they left Him all on their own and now every Christian has been grafted into the ‘olive tree’ of the righteous Israel of God.

Jesus came and they rejected Him:
  • Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. [Every born again Christian]
Apostles later confirmed:
  • Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
  • Acts 15:14-17, Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, says the Lord, who does all these things.
The conclusion is that nobody is ‘replaced’, just that salvation is available to all who freely choose to believe in God and who accept the Atoning sacrifice of Jesus.
There is: ONLY ONE PEOPLE OF GOD.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Perhaps your psychiatrist can help with your Mosaic mirages.

Do you need an amendment to shoot yourself in the foot?

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Perhaps your psychiatrist can help with your Mosaic mirages.
it is your problem that you choose to be blind

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am inclined to agree with much of what you have said here- As born again Christians we can see what is to come - what the end result will be when all is fulfilled - there will be only one people of God - just as we can see what the end result will be after the End Times have been completed - but that has not yet happened even though we know what will be when it does happen.
There are buddists and atheists and other religions that do not believe in YHWH Almighty God and they are not called as a people of God the Father YHWH

However the Jews have always been called the chosen people of YHWH God even those who do not follow the Jewish heritage or Jesus -some are atheistic Jews
A simple paraphrase to what is happening now with Israel is like unto a Father that has 6 children and they all go on vacation and in a public place one child starts misbehaving -and Father is not having the "discussion " now in a public place - gives stern warning then tells that child "I will deal with you later"

He is not forgetting the bad behavior but for the sake of the rest of the family and not to ruin the vacation for all - he says he will put off for now and deal with it later - the child has not lost the status of being his child and the Father still loves the child
Just as God still loves the Jews that reject Jesus and still calls them part of the 'chosen' he has said that "he will deal with them later "- which is why the prophecies about the End Times are centered around Israel and the false messiah is sent to Israel and the warnings are to Israel , the armies of the north have a hook in the jaw to come down to Israel -
Almighty God has laid it out plainly what and how he plans to deal with it later , pleading with those who reject Jesus to come to their senses before His anger comes on in full - He knows that many will still reject Him but he is showing mercy up until the End because He also knows that there will be a remnant that will come to their senses and repent
It is easy for Christians to see what the end result will be - a one people of God family and think it has come to fruition , but we are not there yet -

Christians are not the "replacement of the Jews" as the chosen people, the Bible says that Christians are added into God’s people, by reason of their faith.

It was prophesied long ago in Amos 9:11-12 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, says the LORD that does this.

It was prophesied that those "outside the camp" would become worthy to be part of the Lord’s people. Jesus touched on this in His parable of the wedding feast in Matthew 22:1-14…... For many are called, but few are chosen.
  • Romans 9:30-31 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
In other words, do we now have a problem that the unchosen Gentiles that became chosen and the chosen Israelites chose to become unchosen by blatant apostasy?
  • Romans 11:1-2 I say then: Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.
Paul makes a good point here. But as Paul WAS a Jew, he makes it clear in this passage, he retained his Jewishness. The only difference between him and the lost Jews is that he chose to believe Jesus. So in actuality, God never replaced them, they left Him all on their own and now every Christian has been grafted into the ‘olive tree’ of the righteous Israel of God.

Jesus came and they rejected Him:
  • Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. [Every born again Christian]
Apostles later confirmed:
  • Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
  • Acts 15:14-17, Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, says the Lord, who does all these things.
The conclusion is that nobody is ‘replaced’, just that salvation is available to all who freely choose to believe in God and who accept the Atoning sacrifice of Jesus.
There is: ONLY ONE PEOPLE OF GOD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

wYou are so deceived and blinded by your false beliefs that you cannot answer these elementary questions because the only true answer is to acknowledge the covenant that Almighty God made with Abraham

Genesis 17:12
And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

What does "not of thy seed" mean?

"You are so deceived and blinded by your false beliefs that you cannot answer this elementary question because the only true answer is to acknowledge the covenant that Almighty God made with Abraham

the fact that you continually refuse to answer this question is all the proof necessary to prove you are blinded and been deceived in false beliefs
"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

You are choosing to be blind - that IS your problem ;)

Genesis 17:12
And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

What does "not of thy seed" mean?

"You are so deceived and blinded by your false beliefs that you cannot answer this elementary question because the only true answer is to acknowledge the covenant that Almighty God made with Abraham

the fact that you continually refuse to answer this question is all the proof necessary to prove you are blinded and been deceived in false beliefs
"

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You are choosing to be blind - that IS your problem ;)
If I answer one of your questions, will you answer mine?

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If I answer one of your questions,
You whine and cry and whine
why is Israel the location where Jesus will come back to when He returns?

why is Jerusalem the reborn nation of Israel capital city,and Why did God prophesy that Israel will be reborn?

why is Jerusalem the capital city of the REBORN Nation of Israel

why is Jerusalem the city that will be the ETERNAL city in ISRAEL that comes down out of Heaven
All of these are because of the Love and covenant that Almighty God has with Israel who is Jacob the descendant of Abraham

You must be saying that you have no understanding of these fundamental basic entry level questions - that you have no ability to answer - or you know that if you answer all
you have defeated what you profess ^_^

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You whine and cry and whine
why is Israel the location where Jesus will come back to when He returns?

why is Jerusalem the reborn nation of Israel capital city,and Why did God prophesy that Israel will be reborn?

why is Jerusalem the capital city of the REBORN Nation of Israel

why is Jerusalem the city that will be the ETERNAL city in ISRAEL that comes down out of Heaven
All of these are because of the Love and covenant that Almighty God has with Israel who is Jacob the descendant of Abraham

You must be saying that you have no understanding of these fundamental basic entry level questions - that you have no ability to answer - or you know that if you answer all
you have defeated what you profess ^_^

Heh heh...a predictably and unsurprisingly cowardly response. To answer my question would be to vaporize dispensational racialism and its two peoples of God pseudodoctrine.

Thanks for refusing to cooperate.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Heh heh...a predictably and unsurprisingly cowardly response.

Thanks for refusing to cooperate.
DUDE! your false belief of Replacement Theology is insanity
you obviously cannot answer simple questions that I have asked more than 15 times of you - so obviously you are the one who is not cooperative
You think you can play childish games and then expect that I will ignore the fact that you are afraid to answer simple questions and then even consider that I would even entertain the notion - NOT until AFTER you answer in full what I have asked of you that I would consider anything that you ask - grow up !

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.