Where in Revelation is a Rapture Mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was there a literal serpent named Satan, literally present at Christ's crucifixion, literally bruising Christ's heel(s)?

That's what Genesis 3:15 literally says.
Genesis 3:15 say thy SEED ....which mean descendants ...does Eve had a seed named Cain who was the first murderer John 8:44 ---Genesis 4 say yes !

Genesis 3:15
15 and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 3:15 say thy SEED ....which mean descendants ...does Eve have a seed named Cain who was the first murderer John 8:44 ---Genesis 4 say yes !
I don't follow how that relates to a literal serpent literally bruising Christ's literal heel.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't follow how that relates to a literal serpent literally bruising Christ's literal heel.
The serpent is not a literal serpent ...
The serpent in the garden of Eden who TEMPTED EVE [Genesis 3] is SATAN ...
Revelation 12:9
9 And the great dragon was cast down, the old serpent, he that is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's Satan in the guise of a literal serpent in Genesis 3:15. He's just finished successfully tempting Adam and Eve.
And Satan possessed [Satanic possession] Cain since Cain was conceived ....Cain in Hebrew mean "possession".That was Cain's [the first murderer] descendants [John 8:44] who caused that Jesus was put to death ...thus fulfilling the prophecy about i will put enmity between thy seed and her seed...
15 and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And Satan possesses [Satanic possession]Cain since Cain was conceived ....Cain in Hebrew mean "possession".That was Cain's descendants who caused that Jesus was put to death ...thus fulfilling the prophecy about i will put enmity between thy seed and her seed...
Agreed. But he/they were not a literal serpent named Satan literally bruising Christ's literal heel.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. But he/they were not a literal serpent named Satan literally bruising Christ's literal heel.
Satan [the figurative serpent] have done it via Cain's descendants [seed] who caused that Jesus was put to death on the Cross [John 8:44] where Jesus heels have been LITERALLY bruised as prophesied in Genesis 3:15.

Jesus in John 8:37-44 is describing what was prophesied in Genesis 3:15.

44 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and standeth not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Satan [the figurative serpent] have done it via Cain's descendants [seed] who caused that Jesus was put to death on the Cross [John 8:44] where Jesus heels have been LITERALLY bruised as prophesied in Genesis 3:15.
Agreed. But Genesis 3:15 says that they would be bruised by the literal serpent (Satan) to whom God was talking (thou shalt bruise his heel; thou being the serpent Satan).

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. But Genesis 3:15 says that they would be bruised by the literal serpent (Satan) to whom God was talking (thou shalt bruise his heel; thou being the serpent Satan).
That is Satan who is literally behind the whole plot to Kill Jesus ...Thus the passage about thou shalt bruise his heel; have been fulfilled at the Crucifixion .

An example of what happened to the heel during an execution on the cross.
Heel-bone-and-nail.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who have caused that Jesus was put to death were the Scribes and High Priest Pharisee that Jesus identified in John 8:44 as being descendant of Cain [the first murderer Genesis 4]..and of their father the devil.

Jesus also said they were the seed of Abraham.

Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

1Ti_1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Tit_3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Nobody's relationship to God is based on who their earthly mother and father would be, based on the text found above.

God's people do not reject His Son.

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

I really do not know why you posted those Scriptures. I agree completely with them.

However, it can not be denied, changed or twisted that the Jews are God's chosen people.

God’s Word affirms that the Jews are God’s chosen people:
Deut. 7:6.........
“You are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession” .

From eternity past God knew that He would need to be born into the human race in order to save us from the spiritually dead condition that we were in (Ephesians 1—2; Genesis 3). God had planned from the beginning to be born into a very small nation or race of people called the Jews. The Old Testament tells the story of how God set about creating, distinguishing, and preserving that race.

That being completely Biblically factual then it is just as Biblically factl;y that the Jews then REJECTED JESUS CHRIST as their king and instead they said...........
"GIVE US BARABAUS".

So then God's chosen people did in fact Reject the Son of God.

There is always a danger in church-life of drifting to a place where we find our security in formalism, rather than through faith in Christ. The Christian life is not about rules and rituals. It is about relationship with Jesus. We need to draw close to Him, and recognise when we are starting to take pride in our religious practices.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really do not know why you posted those Scriptures. I agree completely with them.

However, it can not be denied, changed or twisted that the Jews are God's chosen people.

God’s Word affirms that the Jews are God’s chosen people:
Deut. 7:6.........
“You are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession” .

From eternity past God knew that He would need to be born into the human race in order to save us from the spiritually dead condition that we were in (Ephesians 1—2; Genesis 3). God had planned from the beginning to be born into a very small nation or race of people called the Jews. The Old Testament tells the story of how God set about creating, distinguishing, and preserving that race.

That being completely Biblically factual then it is just as Biblically factl;y that the Jews then REJECTED JESUS CHRIST as their king and instead they said...........
"GIVE US BARABAUS".

So then God's chosen people did in fact Reject the Son of God.

There is always a danger in church-life of drifting to a place where we find our security in formalism, rather than through faith in Christ. The Christian life is not about rules and rituals. It is about relationship with Jesus. We need to draw close to Him, and recognise when we are starting to take pride in our religious practices.

Why?

Because you seem to be saying that modern Jews have a special relationship with God, based on their DNA, instead of a relationship with God's Son as defined in 1 John 2:22-23.

God did chose the tribe of Judah to produce the Messiah.
This is confirmed by Matthew 1:1, and John 4:22, and Galatians 3:16.

Based on Peter's words in Acts 2:36, and Paul's words in Romans 11:1, and the words of James in James 1:1-3, all of the Jews did not reject Jesus Christ.
About 3,000 of "all the house of Israel" accepted Christ on the Day of Pentecost.
We find in Romans 9:6,8, and Romans 9:27 that only a "remnant" of fleshly Israel would become Israel of the Promise.

There is now no difference between a naked native living in the Amazon rain forest and a modern Jew living in the middle east.
They both need Christ for the same reason and in the same way.

All of the Jews did not reject Christ, and all of the Jews will never accept Christ.
(Romans 9:27)

Your Bible says the same thing.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus also said they were the seed of Abraham.

Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Link:
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(44) Ye are of your father the devil.—“Ye” is emphatic. “Ye who have claimed Abraham and God as your father. Ye are of the father, but that father is the devil.” The possessive pronoun (your) is not expressed in the Greek, and the form of the sentence is one which would have required it if it were included in the sense. The father who has been referred to in John 8:38; John 8:41 is now definitely named. The relation between father and son is maintained, but the father of the thoughts and acts of those to whom He speaks was not God, not Abraham, but the devil.

And the lusts of your father ye will do.—Better, ye desire to do, ye will to do.The verb is not an auxiliary, as it appears to be in our version, but expresses the determination of the will. (Comp. Notes on John 5:40; John 7:17.)

He was a murderer from the beginning.—Comp. Wisdom Of Solomon 2:23-24, “For God created man to be immortal, and made him to be an image of His own eternity. Nevertheless, through envy of the devil came death into the world, and they that do hold of his side do find it.” So St. Paul, “By one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin” (Romans 5:12). The Fall was the murder of the human race; and it is in reference to this, of which the fratricide in the first family was a signal result, that the Tempter is called a murderer from the beginning (see Note on John 1:1). “Cain was of that wicked one, and slew his brother.” (Comp. Notes on 1John 3:8-12, where the thought is expanded.) The reference to the murderer is suggested here by the fact that the Jews had been seeking to kill our Lord (John 8:40). They are true to the nature which their father had from the beginning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Link:
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(44) Ye are of your father the devil.—“Ye” is emphatic. “Ye who have claimed Abraham and God as your father. Ye are of the father, but that father is the devil.” The possessive pronoun (your) is not expressed in the Greek, and the form of the sentence is one which would have required it if it were included in the sense. The father who has been referred to in John 8:38; John 8:41 is now definitely named. The relation between father and son is maintained, but the father of the thoughts and acts of those to whom He speaks was not God, not Abraham, but the devil.
And the lusts of your father ye will do.—Better, ye desire to do, ye will to do.The verb is not an auxiliary, as it appears to be in our version, but expresses the determination of the will. (Comp. Notes on John 5:40; John 7:17.)

He was a murderer from the beginning.—Comp. Wisdom Of Solomon 2:23-24, “For God created man to be immortal, and made him to be an image of His own eternity. Nevertheless, through envy of the devil came death into the world, and they that do hold of his side do find it.” So St. Paul, “By one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin” (Romans 5:12). The Fall was the murder of the human race; and it is in reference to this, of which the fratricide in the first family was a signal result, that the Tempter is called a murderer from the beginning (see Note on John 1:1). “Cain was of that wicked one, and slew his brother.” (Comp. Notes on 1John 3:8-12, where the thought is expanded.) The reference to the murderer is suggested here by the fact that the Jews had been seeking to kill our Lord (John 8:40). They are true to the nature which their father had from the beginning.

If you are promoting the concept of the "Kennites" or "Satan's Seed", that would be a topic forbidden on this forum.
Do not go there, if that is your intent.

Based on 1 John 2:22-23, all who reject Christ are "antichrist".
That used to be me.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are promoting the concept of the "Kennites" or "Satan's Seed", that would be a topic forbidden on this forum.
Do not go there, if that is your intent.
`
Not my intent ....Jesus Himself in John 8 said that if the Scribes and High Priest Pharisee were really of Abraham seed (as they pretend to be)they will not SEEK TO KILL HIM ....
Jesus own words in John 8:38-44
John 8
38 I speak the things which I have seen with [my] Father: and ye also do the things which ye heard from [your] father.

39 They answered and said unto him, Our father is Abraham. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I heard from God: this did not Abraham.

41 Ye do the works of your father. They said unto him, We were not born of fornication; we have one Father, [even] God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I came forth and am come from God; for neither have I come of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? [Even] because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and standeth not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof.

Based on 1 John 2:22-23, all who reject Christ are "antichrist".
That used to be me.
Agreed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why?
Because you seem to be saying that modern Jews have a special relationship with God, based on their DNA, instead of a relationship with God's Son as defined in 1 John 2:22-23.

You and jgr are the only people who ever talk about DNA - DNA has proven that all people have 99% the same DNA and that all humans came from Eve - so it is a complete waste of time to bring it up .

You are not able to tell us why Jesus will return to the physical Nation of Israel - that has to exist in order for that to happen

You are not able to tell us why Jerusalem Is declared to be the Capital city of the Land Nation of Israel

It is all in the Holy bible and refutes your notion that you perpetuate because you refuse to accept and believe Gods word and rather follow a hollow doctrine that denies Gods word

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not able to tell us why Jerusalem Is declared to be the Capital city of the Land Nation of Israel

You are agreeing with the woman at the well.

You must have missed the fact that Jesus corrected her when she said earthly Jerusalem is the place to worship.

Joh 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Do you know the difference between the earthly city of "bondage" and the Jerusalem which is our future home, based on the passage below and Hebrews 11:15-16?

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Based on 2 Peter 3:10-13, this rotten, sin-cursed world is going to be burned up at His return.
This is confirmed by Paul describing His returning in "flaming fire" in 2 Thessalonians chapter 1.

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

What part of the above do you not understand?

Last edited:
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You and jgr are the only people who ever talk about DNA - DNA has proven that all people have 99% the same DNA and that all humans came from Eve - so it is a complete waste of time to bring it up .

You are not able to tell us why Jesus will return to the physical Nation of Israel - that has to exist in order for that to happen

It is all in the Holy bible and refutes your notion that you perpetuate because you refuse to accept and believe Gods word and rather follow a hollow doctrine that denies Gods word

Genesis 17:12
And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

See that word "seed"?

That's DNA.

Right there from the very beginning -- God's covenant which He extended to anyone of any DNA who would comply with its requirements.

That's why we talk about it.

You still haven't given us your explanation of it.

You're still trying to run before you've walked.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are agreeing with the woman at the well.
That has nothing at all to do with why God declares
Israel is where Jesus will return to
See that word "seed"?
That's DNA.
That's why we talk about it.
DNA is found in hair , do you call hair a seed ? do you call saliva as a seed ? DNA is found in skin do you call skin seed?
Given DNA's complete irrelevance to God, it should also be of complete irrelevance to us.
You contradict yourself continually
You make no sense at all - you make nonsense and call it your stand and yet refuse to answer the questions

of why Israel is where Jesus will come back to when He returns

why Jerusalem is the reborn nation of Israel capital city

You refuse to answer as it defeats what you say !

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
DNA is found in hair , do you call hair a seed ? do you call saliva as a seed ? DNA is found in skin do you call DNA seed?

Sure. God could just as easily have said "which is not of thy hair, saliva, skin, eyeballs, mucosa, urine, feces, etc." But He knew that the vast majority of readers would understand what He meant by seed.

He did miss a small minority, however.

You're still not walking. In fact, you're not even crawling.

It's a long way from the playpen to the starting line.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.