WHERE DOES IT SAY GOD'S SABBATH IS ABOLSIHED AND WE ARE COMMANDED TO KEEP SUNDAY AS A HOLY DAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry you lost me what are you talking about? The post you are quoting from is a response to what you posted earlier where you said...

This was responded to with the post you are quoting from which said...

Go do some more research brother that is not true. The ANNUAL FEAST DAYS have different number of days allocated depending on what FEAST it is.

The dates and days are not constant because of the yearly cycles and NEW MOONS that determine the starting dates of the ANNUAL FEAST days. It is these dates that can fall on any day of the week deopending on the yearly cycle and these change from year to year. Only God's 4th Commandment Sabbath has a constant weekly cycle which is every SEVENTH day of the week (Friday sunset to Saturday sunset our calander). Here is an example of the last few years of how the dates change showing that the feasts can fall on any day of the week depending on the yearly cycles.

Year 2017-2018
Jewish Year 5778
Shabbat Weekly Sabbath from Friday sunset to Saturday night
Rosh Hashanah Wed-Fri, Sept. 20-22, 2017
Yom Kippur Fri-Sat, Sept. 29-30, 2017
Sukkot Wed-Wed, Oct. 4-11, 2017
Shemini Atzeret / Simchat Torah Wed-Fri, Oct. 11-13, 2017
Hanukkah Tue-Wed, Dec. 12-20, 2017
Purim Wed, Feb 28 - Thu, March 1, 2018
Passover* Fri, March 30 - Sat, April 7, 2018
Shavuot Sat-Mon, May 19-21, 2018

Year 2018-2019
Jewish Year 5779
Rosh Hashanah Sun-Tue, Sept. 9-11, 2018
Yom Kippur Tue-Wed, Sept. 18-19, 2018
Sukkot Sun-Sun, Sept. 23-30, 2018
Shemini Atzeret / Simchat Torah Sun, Sept. 30 - Tue, Oct. 2, 2018
Hanukkah Sun, Dec. 2 - Mon, Dec.10, 2018
Purim Wed-Thurs, March 20-21, 2019
Passover* Fri, April 19 - Sat, April 27, 2019
Shavuot Sat-Mon, June 8-10, 2019

* Source; University of Massachusetts

As can be seen above ONLY God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH is a CONSTANT date because it is the SEVENTH DAY OF the WEEK which is a continual 7 day weekly cycle that is not effected by the NEW MOONS and days in the year.

The above post showed what you were posting was incorrect. What is is you are talking about? Your post does not make any sense.

Hope this helps.
Like I said you're adding much more than is in Lev 23.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see so why ask me for a link?

Your posting is confusing brother.
I didn't say I wouldn't look at a link. I said very clearly I won't down load a link. Let me make it more clear and specific - I won't down load a link from some one who behaves like you. Further more I won't down load a link from CF.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Like I said you're adding much more than is in Lev 23.

What??? What did I add to LEVITICUS 23? My post was a response to your claim that every full moon is a SEVENTH DAY SABBATH and your claim that all the FEAST days are 7/8 days. What are you talking about?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What??? What did I add to LEVITICUS 23? My post was a response to your claim that every full moon is a SEVENTH DAY SABBATH and your claim that all the FEAST days are 7/8 days. What are you talking about?
Look at your post to me. If you can't see it. I can't help you by answering your question.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say I wouldn't look at a link. I said very clearly I won't down load a link. Let me make it more clear and specific - I won't down load a link from some one who behaves like you. Further more I won't down load a link from CF.
These is the conversation brother of what was posted.
I did. No luck yet. You have a link?

Here is an actual 2018/19 HEBREW Calander if your interested and it can be DOWNLOAD here click me.

ace of hearts said: I don't down load links from other people. Sorry but I've had to many computer problems doing that in the past. If I can't view them on line, I won't touch them with a 100' pole.

Are you ok?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Look at your post to me. If you can't see it. I can't help you by answering your question.
I did and traced it back to make sure I did not miss anything and what your posting does not make any sense. See below

Sorry but you're adding a lot more than Lev 23. I don't think you've anything of value to say.
Sorry you lost me what are you talking about? The post you are quoting from is a response to what you posted earlier where you said...
ace of hearts said: Jewish festivals are a 7/8 day affair marked by a sabbath at the beginning and the end. They have 2 sabbaths, not 3.
This was responded to with the post you are quoting from which said...
LGW said: Go do some more research brother that is not true. The ANNUAL FEAST DAYS have different number of days allocated depending on what FEAST it is.

The dates and days are not constant because of the yearly cycles and NEW MOONS that determine the starting dates of the ANNUAL FEAST days. It is these dates that can fall on any day of the week deopending on the yearly cycle and these change from year to year. Only God's 4th Commandment Sabbath has a constant weekly cycle which is every SEVENTH day of the week (Friday sunset to Saturday sunset our calander). Here is an example of the last few years of how the dates change showing that the feasts can fall on any day of the week depending on the yearly cycles.

Year 2017-2018
Jewish Year 5778
Rosh Hashanah Wed-Fri, Sept. 20-22, 2017
Yom Kippur Fri-Sat, Sept. 29-30, 2017
Sukkot Wed-Wed, Oct. 4-11, 2017
Shemini Atzeret / Simchat Torah Wed-Fri, Oct. 11-13, 2017
Hanukkah Tue-Wed, Dec. 12-20, 2017
Purim Wed, Feb 28 - Thu, March 1, 2018
Passover* Fri, March 30 - Sat, April 7, 2018
Shavuot Sat-Mon, May 19-21, 2018

Year 2018-2019
Jewish Year 5779
Rosh Hashanah Sun-Tue, Sept. 9-11, 2018
Yom Kippur Tue-Wed, Sept. 18-19, 2018
Sukkot Sun-Sun, Sept. 23-30, 2018
Shemini Atzeret / Simchat Torah Sun, Sept. 30 - Tue, Oct. 2, 2018
Hanukkah Sun, Dec. 2 - Mon, Dec.10, 2018
Purim Wed-Thurs, March 20-21, 2019
Passover* Fri, April 19 - Sat, April 27, 2019
Shavuot Sat-Mon, June 8-10, 2019

* Source; University of Massachusetts

As can be seen above ONLY God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH is a CONSTANT date because it is the SEVENTH DAY OF the WEEK which is a continual 7 day weekly cycle that is not effected by the NEW MOONS and days in the year.

The above post showed what you were posting was incorrect. What is it you are talking about? Your post does not make any sense.

Are you ok brother?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but you're adding a lot more than Lev 23. I don't think you've anything of value to say.

I haven't added a single thing to Leviticus 23. Only shown the HEBREW word meanings of the "SPECIAL" annual SHADOW Sabbaths <plural> connected to the ANNUAL FEAST days that are not God's 4th commandment SEVENTH DAY weekly Sabbth.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Either way LGW (and others), the fourth commandment is nto only OT, and OC, but your missing the Spirit of the Law, or behind the law, by being bound to the letter of it...

It basically means "keep and observe "A" Sabbath day weekly", and keep it holy, or do no work on it or whatever, or have it be about God and be involved in (the) worship (of God) or whatever, congregating and fellowshipping with other fellow believers, ect, on that day, and make it normal part of your "normal regular routine and keep it" and do not "not" do it... That would be the "Spirit" of it that you are missing...

This is especially for people who have very busy and otherwise very full lives, who work, ect, you know, "normal" regular people... Cause some of us who really don't, have "Sabbaths" a lot sometimes already really, or I feel like I do...

Also, to "do no work on it", to some means you must not even move, or get our of bed on that day it seems, or it would be or might be considered work... But that is not what it really means... The Spirit of that Law is very much more different from the letter of it... And the "letter of it" is OC, and the "Spirit of it" or them, is the New... and your after the Old... How sad...

Some people have and can get the interpretation of the Spirit, or the "Spirit of the Spirit", and some can't I guess...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Either way LGW (and others), the fourth commandment is nto only OT, and OC, but your missing the Spirit of the Law, or behind the law, by being bound to the letter of it...

It basically means "keep and observe "A" Sabbath day weekly", and keep it holy, or do no work on it or whatever, or have it be about God and be involved in (the) worship (of God) or whatever, congregating and fellowshipping with other fellow believers, ect, on that day, and make it normal part of your "normal regular routine and keep it" and do not "not" do it... That would be the "Spirit" of it that you are missing...

This is especially for people who have very busy and otherwise very full lives, who work, ect, you know, "normal" regular people... Cause some of us who really don't, have "Sabbaths" a lot sometimes already really, or I feel like I do...

Also, to "do no work on it", to some means you must not even move, or get our of bed on that day it seems, or it would be or might be considered work... But that is not what it really means... The Spirit of that Law is very much more different from the letter of it... And the "letter of it" is OC, and the "Spirit of it" or them, is the New... and your after the Old... How sad...

Some people have and can get the interpretation of the Spirit, or the "Spirit of the Spirit", and some can't I guess...?

God Bless!
@LoveGodsWord (and others)...

Or do you think think you will get some special kind of reward or kudos from God, or be seen as more special, or valuable, or greater or more valuable than others, somehow by God or in God's eyes, by your, (if you are), keeping the "literal Sabbath day", or think you are "fully obeying" the fourth commandment somehow; in the letter of it or it's most literal interpretation of it or them, (which your really not, but let's not argue that right now)...

I think God might say "Your missing the point"... and I would have to agree, many miss the point, or the Spirit of it or them, (any or most of the commandments) by being deceived or duped or tricked, by the letter of it... And miss out on the Spirit of them...

They "miss the point", and the point, is where the Spirit of them is, and the Spirit of them (the commandments) is very much alive, and brings life; but the letter, death, and only death...

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@LoveGodsWord (and others)...

Or do you think think you will get some special kind of reward or kudos from God, or be seen as more special, or valuable, or greater or more valuable than others, somehow by God or in God's eyes, by your, (if you are), keeping the "literal Sabbath day", or think you are "fully obeying" the fourth commandment somehow; in the letter of it or it's most literal interpretation of it or them, (which your really not, but let's not argue that right now)...

I think God might say "Your missing the point"... and I would have to agree, many miss the point, or the Spirit of it or them, (any or most of the commandments) by being deceived or duped or tricked, by the letter of it... And miss out on the Spirit of them...

They "miss the point", and the point, is where the Spirit of them is, and the Spirit of them (the commandments) is very much alive, and brings life; but the letter, death, and only death...

God Bless!
Many are actually obeying the Spirit of that commandment, (many of us are, and all of us are, who are) and if God is going to see any difference at all, it might be between those who obey the Spirit of this, or any of the commandments, and those who do not obey the Spirit of it or them, cause God says this is known internally, and is written on our hearts, and it is from that heart that one obeys the Spirit of them...

To obey the Spirit of the fourth commandment is is in our best interests, and is very much for us, and for our mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional health, for it was made for us, and not us for it though, and that is important, that's where a line gets crossed with it...

The literal letter is dead, causes and brings forth and spread's only death, but the Spirit is very much alive, and brings life, and life everlasting or eternal...

Like so many things in in the bible that get missed out on or where people "miss the point" due to be to grounded in this world, and the things of this world, and this world's way of thinking, and the mundane and the "literal", I guess you might say here...

Don't "miss the point" and miss out on the Spirit...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!

Hello brother Neogaia777,

No one can keep the Spirit of the law without the letter of the LAW because the SPIRIT works through the LETTER as we have faith in it *ROMANS 10:17; JOHN 17:17; JOHN 6:63.

God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) in the NEW COVENANT give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4.

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. According to God's WORD if we break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

According to God's WORD all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

It is JESUS that says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God brother not me *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Who then do we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God or men *ROMANS 3:4. Yep I know who I believe. You provide your own words. My words are not my own but God's WORD. It is the Word of God that will be our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.

Now where is the scripture that says God’s 4th Commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? There is no scripture is there? If there is no scriprture for this tradition why do you not believe God’s WORD?

God bless.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Many are actually obeying the Spirit of that commandment, (many of us are, and all of us are, who are) and if God is going to see any difference at all, it might be between those who obey the Spirit of this, or any of the commandments, and those who do not obey the Spirit of it or them, cause God says this is known internally, and is written on our hearts, and it is from that heart that one obeys the Spirit of them...

To obey the Spirit of the fourth commandment is is in our best interests, and is very much for us, and for our mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional health, for it was made for us, and not us for it though, and that is important, that's where a line gets crossed with it...

The literal letter is dead, causes and brings forth and spread's only death, but the Spirit is very much alive, and brings life, and life everlasting or eternal...

Like so many things in in the bible that get missed out on or where people "miss the point" due to be to grounded in this world, and the things of this world, and this world's way of thinking, and the mundane and the "literal", I guess you might say here...

Don't "miss the point" and miss out on the Spirit...

God Bless!

As posted earlier brother, no one can keep the Spirit of the law without the letter of the LAW because the SPIRIT works through the LETTER as we have faith in it *ROMANS 10:17; JOHN 17:17; JOHN 6:63.

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. According to God's WORD if we break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

According to God's WORD all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

It is JESUS that says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God brother not me *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Who then do we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God or men *ROMANS 3:4. Yep I know who I believe. You provide your own words. My words are not my own but God's WORD. It is the Word of God that will be our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.

God bless.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You will never be able to obey or truly fulfill the law, till you discern the or that Spirit of them, if you can or could fully and/or perfectly obey them (in the traditional ways) (get to that)...

Jesus explains the commandments of murder and adultery, the "Spirit" of them, and we should be able to discern some of the others, if we take our blinders off that is...

We have to discern from the letter, but other than that it is dead, if/and especially "after that"...

In order for us to perfectly be able to obey the Spirit of them, the old ways would not work, we would need to be made completely new, born again, given a new heart, become a totally new and totally different person (or people), ect, which is why Christ had to come and make that way possible for us...

God bless!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You will never be able to obey or truly fulfill the law, till you discern the or that Spirit of them, if you can or could fully and/or perfectly obey them (in the traditional ways) (get to that)...

Jesus explains the commandments of murder and adultery, the "Spirit" of them, and we should be able to discern some of the others, if we take our blinders off that is...

We have to discern from the letter, but other than that it is dead, if/and especially "after that"...

In order for us to perfectly be able to obey the Spirit of them, the old ways would not work, we would need to be made completely new, born again, given a new heart, become a totally new and totally different person (or people), ect, which is why Christ had to come and make that way possible for us...

God bless!

Brother, no one has God's Spirit either do they KNOW God while knowingly breaking any one of God's 10 commandments *1 JOHN 2:3-4; JOHN 3:3-7; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; JAMES 2:10-11; MATTHEW 7:22-23.

JESUS came to magnify the LAW from the INSIDE OUT quoting MATTHEW 5:17-32 (thoughts and feelings) in fulfillment of *ISAIAH 42:21. This is to show that unless our RIGHTOUESNESS EXCEEDS the RIGHTOUESNESS of the Scribes and Pharisees we can in no way enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. Jesus is saying the problem runs deeper then outward observance to the 10 Commandments. EVIL begins in the HEART. BREAKING GOD's 10 COMMANDMENTS from the heart defile a man *MATTHEW 15:18-19. JESUS is saying we can be outwardly perfect and blameless like the Scribes and Pharisee but inwardly like dead mans bones *MATTHEW 23:27-28. JESUS magnified the LAW to the INSIDE OUT. To show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and that sin originates in the HEART (thoughts and feelings). That is why we have the NEW COVENANT promise and need to be BORN AGAIN by Faith in God's WORD for salvation to be free from SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) *HEBREWS 8:10-12; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

If we are not BORN AGAIN into the NEW COVENANT promise and continue in it we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4. ALL those who KNOWINGLY break any one of God's 10 commandments stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. All those who KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is. There is no such thing as the 9 commandments in God's WORD. The same as there is no scripure that says God's 4th commandment is Abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

RIGHTESOUSNESS comes from LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW and the very expression of what LOVE is *ROMANS 13:8-10. He that does not LOVE does not KNOW GOD for GOD IS LOVE * 1 JOHN 4:8. All those who are BORN AGAIN have a NEW HEART TO LOVE and FOLLOW GOD *1 JOHN 4:7. This is the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Those who are BORN AGAIN do not practice SIN (breaking God's Commandments) *1 JOHN 3:4-9. This is why JOHN finishes on this subject by saying; For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous *1 JOHN 5:3 and is why JESUS says IF you LOVE me KEEP my commandments *JOHN 14:15. UNLESS we are BORN AGAIN under the NEW COVENANT to LOVE we will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *JOHN 3:3-7. We need to be changed from the INSIDE OUT.

God's SPIRIT does not work outside God's WORD (the Letter) God's SPIRIT works through God's WORD and in us as we have FAITH in God's WORD *ROMANS 10:17; JOHN 17:17; JOHN 6:63.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

God bless!
About what Jesus said about adultery, the Spirit of it, if you look at a woman even once with a thought or feeling of lust, Jesus said to pluck your eye out or cut your arm off...

So, do you intend on fully following and obeying that commandment perfectly...?

If so, there should be a lot of people with missing eyes or limbs around...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
About what Jesus said about adultery, the Spirit of it, if you look at a woman even once with a thought or feeling of lust, Jesus said to pluck your eye out or cut your arm off...

God Bless!
This is why I depend and rely on Grace...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The challenge I am putting up here in the OP is for anyone to show even one scripture that says God's 4th Commandment of the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11) which was spoken and written by God himself to his people, has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

Can anyone please show me where in all the bible does is say (SOLA SCRIPTURA; Scripture only please)...

1. That God's 4th commandments 7th day Sabbath has been abolished?

2. That Jesus is a Sabbath?

3. The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

4. Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

5. Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

6. That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

7. That tells us to keep the first day in honour of the resurrection of Christ?

8. Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

9. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

10. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

11. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

12. That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

13. That says the seventh day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

14. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

15. Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

16. Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

17. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

18. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

19. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

20. That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

21. Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

22. Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

23. Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

24. Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

25. Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

26. Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

27. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

Something to think about here because we are all accountable to God come judgment day where we will all be judged by the Word of God (John 12:47-48).

God's Word makes it very clear that if we follow the teachings of men over the Word of God we are not following God...

MATTHEW 15:3-9 [3],
[3], But he answered and said unto them, Why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
[4], For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death.
[5], But you say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift devoted to God, whatsoever you might have received from me;
[6], And honors not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have you made the commandment of God void by your tradition.
[7], You hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
[8], These people draw near unto me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
[9], But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

If we are KNOWINGLY breaking ANY of God's commandments we are not worshipping God.

Look forward to your thoughts...

Biblical Response
---

The Sabbath day did not move to Sunday. There is no scripture to back this.

---
Personal Response
---

As you recall, Christ came not to abolish the Law but to fulfill it.

Question: What does this mean?

What of all this below?

Mat 5:27
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

Mat 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

---
Mat 5:31
It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

Mat 5:32
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Mat 5:33
Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

Mat 5:34
But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

Mat 5:35
Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

Mat 5:36
Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

Mat 5:37
But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Mat 5:38
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

Mat 5:39
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Mat 5:40
And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

Mat 5:41
And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

Mat 5:42
Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Mat 5:43
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

Mat 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Mat 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat 5:46
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Mat 5:47
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Mat 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

---

Christ came to fulfill the law, not to abolish it.

Mat 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:21
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

Mat 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

---

What of the Sabbath Day? Has it also been completed as the others? Is every day now our day to remember The Lord, our God? Do we not speak to Him as a father, a friend? Is Christ not our first love? Is it not promised to the faithful that God will dwell in their hearts? That He will dwell with us on Earth? Even on the New Earth, which is nothing like the former? Where Christ is the light?

Is it reasonable to believe that our treatment of the Sabbath Day should be the same? That we should consider every day as The Lord's day, since The Lord made all days? He made the Sun, Moon, and the lights above which we can discern the passing of time by. He made the earth and the sea. Every day is His and while we work and go about our affairs, do we not in this age, under the New Testament, think on our Father in Heaven? Do we not afford Him our prayers and thanksgiving?

I know I do my best to thank our Father in Heaven for every Sunrise, for every day.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

God Bless!
Or how about hating someone, even once...? maybe even having a hateful or spiteful thought ever maybe...?, or feeling...? or most certainly any of it in your heart, or that you harbor or carry in your heart or hang onto in any way...?

Gonna pluck out your eyes or cut your arm off...?

You first...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Biblical Response
---

The Sabbath day did not move to Sunday. There is no scripture to back this.

---
Personal Response
---

As you recall, Christ came not to abolish the Law but to fulfill it.

Question: What does this mean?

What of all this below?

Mat 5:27
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

Mat 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

---
Mat 5:31
It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

Mat 5:32
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Mat 5:33
Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

Mat 5:34
But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

Mat 5:35
Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

Mat 5:36
Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

Mat 5:37
But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Mat 5:38
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

Mat 5:39
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Mat 5:40
And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

Mat 5:41
And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

Mat 5:42
Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Mat 5:43
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

Mat 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Mat 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat 5:46
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Mat 5:47
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Mat 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

---

Christ came to fulfill the law, not to abolish it.

Mat 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:21
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

Mat 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

---

What of the Sabbath Day? Has it also been completed as the others? Is every day now our day to remember The Lord, our God? Do we not speak to Him as a father, a friend? Is Christ not our first love? Is it not promised to the faithful that God will dwell in their hearts? That He will dwell with us on Earth? Even on the New Earth, which is nothing like the former? Where Christ is the light?

Is it reasonable to believe that our treatment of the Sabbath Day should be the same? That we should consider every day as The Lord's day, since The Lord made all days? He made the Sun, Moon, and the lights above which we can discern the passing of time by. He made the earth and the sea. Every day is His and while we work and go about our affairs, do we not in this age, under the New Testament, think on our Father in Heaven? Do we not afford Him our prayers and thanksgiving?

I know I do my best to thank our Father in Heaven for every Sunrise, for every day.
Almost all of what Jesus said was to reveal and give us insight into the Spirit of the Law, what Love really means, how it is lived out, what it looks like, ect... That it's about Mercy and Grace, God's Mercy and Grace and Love; compassion, forgiveness, ect...

Jesus had to preach about that, but he also had to preach of the righteous requirements of God, and His high standards ect, the reality of hell and judgement, ect... But I think the story is ultimately being saved from it (all of that), by and through Him, if we'd just believe it and put faith in that and Him and trust him, and is not so, or is as much about living up to it, not perfectly anyway, but our being saved from it...

That part of the truth about us is that we don't live up to it fully, ever... and definitely not perfectly by any means... and is that is why He did and was the only one could and did do in our place, and for us, (because He was God, and that was supposed to be the proof) but we have to "believe" it, and all of this, about Him, ect, put faith in it and Him, trust Him, ect...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!

Hello brother, what do you think the post abover yours means (post # 1273 click me)?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.