Where do you stand?

Where do you stand?

• I am a Calvinist (TULIP)

• I am an Arminian (FCURF)

• I am a four-point Calvinist (I reject "Limited Atonement")

• I am a four-point Arminian (I reject "Falling from Grace")

• Huh? Wilikers! I am undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Today at 01:21 PM Defender of the Faith 777 said this in Post #172

In all honesty, I suppose it might be getting personal, but the claim you first made was as well. So this is merely on the same course.

Oh, OK Defender of the Faith 777, I understand what you meant after reading SnuP answer.

Why, would you take SnuP's saying he went a certain period of time without sinning personal?

Paul said we are "free from the law of sin and death"  The law says because of what Adam did, we have no choice but to sin.  But since we are free from that law we have the choice to choose what is right in the eyes of the Lord instead of what is wrong. 

We are free from sin.  :clap:

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
He was responding to a question that I asked Him. Your comments were appreciated, but I didn't comment on them because they seemed to say some of the things that I have already said. Although you have raised some very good points. I just don't want anyone to feel as though they are being gained up on.

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Today at 04:17 PM SnuP said this in Post #184

He was responding to a question that I asked Him. Your comments were appreciated, but I didn't comment on them because they seemed to say some of the things that I have already said. Although you have raised some very good points. I just don't want anyone to feel as though they are being gained up on.

Thanks and I think I'm up to par now :)

I just wonder why the scripture I posted isn't refuted by those who feel it's okay to sin or impossible not to sin.  I'm always up for different points of view, but I'm pretty sure we shouldn't sin since we're Christians. :)

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 04:16 PM JesusServant said this in Post #182

Ahhh. I get it now :)

So my post really was invisible. :sigh:

You are not being ignored.  But many people saying simular things and then patting each other on the back, will cause those who disagree to feel as though they are being gangup on.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
the other thing you should realize is that the person that we have the most contention with is not online to back up his point of view and make comments. He may not even comment on your post since I am the person that he has the greatest contention with, and there have been alot of posting since his last comment.

I hope though, that you will continue to post form your perspective and experiences.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Today at 02:38 PM Quaffer said this in Post #177

TERRI,

We're not arguing but we are heatedly discussing whether one is bound to being sinfull or not. :D

:D

Thanks everyone for filling me in on the "discussion." :D

I'm not sure of everything that God considers a sin, so I can't say for sure how long I go without sinning. 

I lead a totally isolated life so I am seldom around any temptations from people. 

I do get angry at the pigeons that try to eat my squirrels food--don't know if that is a sin.  :)

Sometimes I have a very negative attitude toward my husband--I don't know if that is sin, since I don't let it make me be mean to him.

I'm just not sure what all is considered a sin so I can't say the longest I have gone without a sin, but if you can go 3 months without sinning SnuP I think that is great.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I know that I keep bringing this up but I want it clear.

I'm not trying to correct anyone but I want to make sure that everyone understands what really happend.

I didn't go three months where I didn't sin.

I went three months in the present of the Lord where there was no sin.

Consiquently I did not experience any sin in my life. Now this is a fairly easy thing to do, provided that there is no fear or judgement to hinder you. All you have to do is seek the presence of God. You can start by finding God's message to you in the scriptures. That is how I started. And I can't wait to get back.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm just not sure what all is considered a sin so I can't say the longest I have gone without a sin, but if you can go 3 months without sinning SnuP I think that is great.

Bible says that anything that is not of faith is sin. So even worrying and fearing (ie not trusting in the Lord) are sins.

Ro 14:23 And he that doubteth is ****** if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Today at 03:27 AM Andrew said this in Post #190

Bible says that anything that is not of faith is sin. So even worrying and fearing (ie not trusting in the Lord) are sins.

Ro 14:23 And he that doubteth is ****** if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

:wave:

Thanks Andrew that is a very good point.

I knew that, just wasn't thinking.  :D

I have made great progress in my faith, but don't know if it is perfect yet.

HEB 10:38 But my righteous one will live by faith.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone every actually know a Christian that thought they were "free to sin."

I have seen that accusation leveled at us who are free in God's Grace by those who want to put our freedom down.  But, I have never actually met a Christian that felt this way.
:)

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Actually, unless you are free to sin, you wont be free from sin.

unless you are free to fail, you are not free to succeed.

The Law, in trying to keep people from being free to sin, actually bound people to sin. The more you focus on laws, the more you try to keep them, the more you will sin, for that is the purpose of the Law -- to show us how sinful we are.

Grace frees us to live free without the law on our backs. Of cse, there wld be those who abuse grace and say "sin more that grace shld abound". But those who truly appreciate grace will not want to sin -- becos the love of God in them contrains them. Although you are free to sin and free from the bondage of Law, the Holy Spirit in you and love for God constrains you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Today at 02:49 AM Andrew said this in Post #195

Actually, unless you are free to sin, you wont be free from sin.

unless you are free to fail, you are not free to succeed.

The Law, in trying to keep people from being free to sin, actually bound people to sin. The more you focus on laws, the more you try to keep them, the more you will sin, for that is the purpose of the Law -- to show us how sinful we are.

Grace frees us to live free without the law on our backs. Of cse, there wld be those who abuse grace and say "sin more that grace shld abound". But those who truly appreciate grace will not want to sin -- becos the love of God in them contrains them. Although you are free to sin and free from the bondage of Law, the Holy Spirit in you and love for God constrains you.

I agree Andrew.  That feeling of freedom is so great.  It is just so hard to believe that people can understand this great gift of freedom God has given us and still want to sin. 

I know it happens since the Bible says people were doing it, but it is still hard to understand.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday at 11:34 PM unitedistand said this in Post #194

here's something for ya all: Jesus summarized the 10 commandments into two statements.... and I summarize:

Love God with everything you are
Love your neighbor as yourself.

:wave: Hi Unitedistand.

I just love meeting people that know how free they are from the law!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
unitedistand said:
well, terri, it's not so much that we are free from the law, but the Holy Spirit helps us fufill the law. also, when we do mess up, God's grace covers us

I am under grace not the law--sorry if I included you where you feel you don't belong. ;)

GAL 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

RO 7:4 So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.

RO 7:6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

RO 6:14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.