Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Amillennial, Anytime Rapture*, Covenant Theology, Non-dispensationalist, Post-Trib Rapture*

(*My position on rapture occurs anytime after the Tribulation, Matthew 24:29-31, when the last trump sounds.)

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Amillennial, Anytime Rapture*, Covenant Theology, Non-dispensationalist, Post-Trib Rapture*

(*My position on rapture occurs anytime after the Tribulation, Matthew 24:29-31, when the last trump sounds.)
Okay, I updated you, to the categories you indicated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amil
Historist

New Covenant Theology
Post-trib rapture

I'm all of these. I don't think its necessary to say, 'Non-dispensationalist' because that may be deduced by saying the opposite. However, if you wish, you can put me there.

As for Historicist, I subscribe to the general concept of gradually fulfilling prophecy over the centuries. But I don't agree with 'classical' Historicism that blames the RCC for everything.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just to confirm... A dispensationalist is someone who believes in different ways to salvation at different times? Also different "rules" during different times? I don't believe that. Sorry to mess your thread up I'm not very clued up on the end times and dispensational views.
I'm not a dispensationalist but this is a good site that gives an explanation of all the different forms of eschatology.
What is dispensationalism and is it biblical? | GotQuestions.org

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks CG, so I will add you there.
Add BaBerean there too. He is the foremost N.C.T. promoter on this board. He will probably put up a video on it, in which case I'd recommend you listen to it.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
'm all of these. I don't think its necessary to say, 'Non-dispensationalist' because that may be deduced by saying the opposite. However, if you wish, you can put me there.
I updated your categories. On the Non-dispenatinalist choice, it is up to you. Do you want me to add you there? There is no penalty. Nor argument. Whatever you want or don't want.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Add BaBerean there too. He is the foremost N.C.T. promoter on this board. He will probably put up a video on it, in which case I'd recommend you listen to it.
Baberean2 will have to let me know himself. I don't think he is online at present.

In my opening post... "Yourself only and not what you think someone else is."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Douggg, what is meant by a futurist? For example, the war in heaven. Either it happened around the time of the cross, or maybe during the ascension. Or maybe it hasn't happened yet at all. I have never fully made my mind up about this yet. What does this make me, then? I know it makes me undecided, but not what I was meaning.

I'm Premil and Post Trib, I at least know that for certain. I can see me fitting into some other categories as well, but not to the same degree I fit in Premil and Post-trib.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For example, the war in heaven. Either it happened around the time of the cross, or maybe during the ascension. Or maybe it hasn't happened yet at all. I have never fully made my mind up about this yet.

Are the two verses below written in the past tense?

2Pe_2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jud_1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

The following passage is found after the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible, and the time of the judgment of the dead, with reward for some, and destruction for others in Revelation 11:15-18.
It is a history lesson, which contains the fall of Satan, and the birth and death of Christ.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Douggg, what is meant by a futurist? For example, the war in heaven. Either it happened around the time of the cross, or maybe during the ascension. Or maybe it hasn't happened yet at all. I have never fully made my mind up about this yet. What does this make me, then? I know it makes me undecided, but not what I was meaning.

I'm Premil and Post Trib, I at least know that for certain. I can see me fitting into some other categories as well, but not to the same degree I fit in Premil and Post-trib.
Thanks for your post. I will list you under Premil and Post-Trib.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

5thKingdom

Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will say this as clarification.

This is the nature of honorable Bible study. It is consistent with other honorable people's views who study the scripture when gleaned correctly.

For example, my studies on Israel aren't following the Apostle Paul's personal doctrine, who some claim first started replacement theology, they are my testimony of the scriptures. My studies on Amillennialism aren't following Augustine's doctrine, who some claim first started Amillennialism, they are my testimony of scripture. My studies on Predestination aren't following John Calvin's doctrine, who some claim first started this doctrine, they are my testimony of the scriptures. In other words, I don't follow any man but Word of Christ as an interpreter of His Prophecies.

Now, do you know what is my eschatology position is? Hint, hint. :p

Erik, your position is Tony Warren's position and most
of that came from Harold Camping. No mystery here.

Upvote 0

5thKingdom

Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Grand experiment.

Because there are so many posters here, which it is sometimes hard to keep track of each persons fundamental position(s), especially when discussing. I am going to try on a voluntary basis, for each of you to fit yourself under each of these categories. Yourself only and not what you think someone else is.

In your post, please keep it simple by saying....for example.... furturist, pre-trib
That's all I need. Thanks.

Make a post, and I will add your screen-name alphabetically in each category. If there are some categories I left out - let me know.

Amil
Christian Gedge
kdm1984
mkgal1
TribulationSigns

Anytime rapture
Douggg
TribulationSigns

Covenant Theology

TribulatonSigns

Dispensationalism

christiansoccerplayer
Michael Collum

Futurist
christiansoccerplayer
Douggg
Handmaid for Jesus
JIMINZ

Historist
Christian Gedge

Idealism (of Christian Eschatology)

Mid-trib rapture

New Covenant Theology
Christian Gedge

Non-dispensationalist

Douggg
TribulationSigns

Partial Preterism
mkgal1

Post-trib rapture
Christian Gedge
DavidPT
TribulationSigns

Pre-mil
christiansoccerplayer
DavidPT
Douggg
Handmaid for Jesus
Michael Collum
Timtofly

Pre-trib rapture
christiansoccerplayer
Handmaid for Jesus
JustRachel

Pre-wrath rapture

You can file me under the "wise virgin" category

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are the two verses below written in the past tense?

2Pe_2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jud_1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

The following passage is found after the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible, and the time of the judgment of the dead, with reward for some, and destruction for others in Revelation 11:15-18.
It is a history lesson, which contains the fall of Satan, and the birth and death of Christ.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Bab2, I would like for there to be no big arguments in this thread.

Please go to the opening post to see what I am asking for. Participation is totally voluntary.

Upvote 0

5thKingdom

Mar 23, 2015
✟35,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Please go to the opening post to see what I am asking for. Participation is totally voluntary.

Why do you refuse to have a "wise virgin" category
when they are clearly PART of the Great Tribulation
"Kingdom of Heaven" [Mat 25:1-13]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In my opening post... "Yourself only and not what you think someone else is."
So; what do you think I am?
I didn't see any of your list of categories that I would fit under.

Reactions: Zao is life
Upvote 0

Saint JOHN

May 5, 2017
Adelaide
✟20,848.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Historic …

Re 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified [it] by his angel unto his servant John:

this is 2000 years ago …. most of which has happened !

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grand experiment.

Because there are so many posters here, which it is sometimes hard to keep track of each persons fundamental position(s), especially when discussing. I am going to try on a voluntary basis, for each of you to fit yourself under each of these categories. Yourself only and not what you think someone else is.

In your post, please keep it simple by saying....for example.... furturist, pre-trib
That's all I need. Thanks.

Make a post, and I will add your screen-name alphabetically in each category. If there are some categories I left out - let me know.

Amil
Christian Gedge
kdm1984
mkgal1
TribulationSigns
Dave L

Anytime rapture
Douggg
TribulationSigns

Covenant Theology

TribulatonSigns

Dispensationalism

christiansoccerplayer
Michael Collum

Futurist
christiansoccerplayer
Douggg
Handmaid for Jesus
JIMINZ

Historist
Christian Gedge

Idealism (of Christian Eschatology)

Mid-trib rapture

New Covenant Theology
Christian Gedge

Non-dispensationalist

Douggg
TribulationSigns

Partial Preterism
mkgal1

Post-trib rapture
Christian Gedge
DavidPT
TribulationSigns

Pre-mil
christiansoccerplayer
DavidPT
Douggg
Handmaid for Jesus
Michael Collum
Timtofly

Pre-trib rapture
christiansoccerplayer
Handmaid for Jesus
JustRachel

Pre-wrath rapture

Recapitulation View of Revelation.
Dave L.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So; what do you think I am?
I didn't see any of your list of categories that I would fit under.
It is purely voluntary. And which categoriy(s) you yourself would list yourself. So I will not place you under any category. Thanks for your participation.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Putting others in a "box" is part of the problem, especially when those of another viewpoint draw the lines around the other person.

Amill is really not the best term for what is the truth, but it is the term others have used to describe the Biblical viewpoint. Therefore, we are stuck with the term.

The millennium of Revelation chapter 20 is symbolic of the Church Age.
Therefore, the number is symbolic, but still represents a real time period.

==========================================

What are the New Covenant Theology differences?
Pastor Douglas Goodin:

Upvote 0