Where do you fit ?

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Grand experiment.

Because there are so many poster here, which it is sometimes hard to keep track of each persons fundamental positon(s), especially when discussing. I am going to try on a voluntary basis, for each of you to fit yourself under each of these categories. Yourself only and not what you think someone else is.

In your post, please keep it simple by saying....for example.... furturist, pre-trib
That's all I need. Thanks.

Make a post, and I will add your screen-name alphabetically in each category. If there are some categories I left out - let me know.

Amil
mkgal1

Anytime rapture
Douggg

Dispensationalism

Futurist
Douggg

Historist

Idealism interpretation

Mid-trib rapture

New Covenant Theological position

Non-dispensationalist

Douggg

Partial Preterism
mkgal1

Post-trib rapture

Pre-mil
Douggg

Pre-trib rapture

Pre-wrath rapture
I'm more of a Trib=Fib (the 7 year political intrigue in Israel is a fabrication and I do not subscribe to it)

It matters that there is a Resurrection the rapture doesn't matter.

In terms of Preterist vs Futurist, doesn't seem important though I'm aware of potential arguments on both sides.

Not sure what is meant by New Covenant Theological position, but a lot of my posts reflect that there is a new covenant opposed to an old covenant.

I observe in a form of age/era based dispensationalism comparing scripture to church and world history, but not in the sense that the gifts of the Holy Spirit have dispensed.

In terms of Amillennial and Millennial I tend to lean towards the belief that there is a 1000 year reign at one point in History due to my age/era based dispensationalism.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am a future Rapturist, because I'm still here and a Pan Millennialist, I believe things will all Pan out.
JIMINZ, I am going to put you under futurist. If you don't want that, let me know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think I may retitle that category to Covenant-theology.

Covenant Theology
I'm going to have to do some more reading. That one article contrasted New Covenant Theology with Covenant Theology. Now I'm more confused....^_^

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe in a form of Covenant Theology - my understanding of grace isn't like the reformed baptists though.
Michael, I am not going to put you down, unless you are pretty sure. Some one who holds that theology is usually in a big battle with dispensationalists - from what I have seen here on this. Not to say who is right or wrong in this thread. No arguments please.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm going to have to do some more reading. That one article contrasted New Covenant Theology with Covenant Theology. Now I'm more confused....^_^
When you get it figured out maybe I will have to have two categories. Anyone - please help.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When you get it figured out maybe I will have to have two categories. Anyone - please help.
I just made two separate categories.

Covenant theology

New Covenant theology

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Michael, I am not going to put you down, unless you are pretty sure. Some one who holds that theology is usually in a big battle with dispensationalists - from what I have seen here on this. Not to say who is right or wrong in this thread. No arguments please.
Agreed, no arguments.

I tend to disagree with dispensationalists when it comes to spiritual gifts.

Upvote 0

kdm1984

WELS
Oct 8, 2016
SW MO, USA
✟38,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm LCMS, so amillennial. I will add that my parents were obsessed with the End Times when I was growing up, and I believe they were mid-trib. They taught End Times at the expense of everything else, including moral issues. I've since learned that many other Christians are far more concerned about things like sexual immorality or abortion rather than have a laser focus on the 'End Times.'

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm LCMS, so amillennial. I will add that my parents were obsessed with the End Times when I was growing up, and I believe they were mid-trib. They taught End Times at the expense of everything else, including moral issues. I've since learned that many other Christians are far more concerned about things like sexual immorality or abortion rather than have a laser focus on the 'End Times.'
kdm1984, thanks for your participation. I will add you under amil.

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Names are similar, but there are differences. I believe N.C.T. is the way to go. BaBerean has a lot of good stuff about it.

• Informative
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Names are similar, but there are differences. I believe N.C.T. is the way to go. BaBerean has a lot of good stuff about it.
Thanks CG, so I will add you there.

Upvote 0