Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Believe we are living in the age of fulfillment. A believer that all prophecy has been fulfilled. Not associated with full pretrist however you spell it.
Do you want to be under the partial preterist category ? Or none of the categories at this time?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was put down for Pre-Mil, what's that mean?
It means that following Jesus's return, there will be a 1000 year reign of Jesus here on this earth. Do you want me to keep you under that category or take you off ? This is all voluntary, and no judgment either way.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It means that following Jesus's return, there will be a 1000 year reign of Jesus here on this earth. Do you want me to keep you under that category or take you off ? This is all voluntary, and no judgment either way.
It's fine. I believe that. I read some posts about this position tying it to believing in some odd theology about Israeli supremacy or something. So long as it is only "following Jesus's return, there will be a 1000 year reign of Jesus here on this earth.", that's fine.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's fine. I believe that. I read some posts about this position tying it to believing in some odd theology about Israeli supremacy or something. So long as it is only that, that's fine.
I don't want this thread to get into big arguments - about anything. Just however you feel about where you see yourself fitting.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't want this thread to get into big arguments - about anything. Just however you feel about where you see yourself fitting.
Since the categories are separated into what they mean, that's fair.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The idea of not being categorized is a great one. Glad to share! Douggg, I am not associated with anything preterism.
Do you want to be under the partial preterist category ? Or none of the categories at this time?

Upvote 0

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Grand experiment.

Because there are so many posters here, which it is sometimes hard to keep track of each persons fundamental position(s), especially when discussing. I am going to try on a voluntary basis, for each of you to fit yourself under each of these categories. Yourself only and not what you think someone else is.

In your post, please keep it simple by saying....for example.... furturist, pre-trib
That's all I need. Thanks.

Make a post, and I will add your screen-name alphabetically in each category. If there are some categories I left out - let me know.

Amil
kdm1984
mkgal1

Anytime rapture
Douggg

Covenant Theology

Dispensationalism

Michael Collum

Futurist
Douggg
Handmaid for Jesus
JIMINZ

Historist

Idealism interpretation

Mid-trib rapture

New Covenant Theology
Christian Gedge

Non-dispensationalist

Douggg

Partial Preterism
mkgal1

Post-trib rapture

Pre-mil
Douggg
Handmaid for Jesus
Michael Collum

Pre-trib rapture
Handmaid for Jesus
JustRachel

Pre-wrath rapture
Wow. I don't even know what some of those things are. And I've been a follower for some 45 years.
Here is what I believe.
I take the Bible as a child, with no agenda. I believe what God says in it without having to use fuzzy math to make it fir my system.
We would be wise to simply start reading, s l o w l y . Not through a year, slow a verse or two at a time. And let the Maker teach us. and not our religious leaders.
Yes, true, the bad religious leader will pay for telling us lies, but guess what, we the people of God will pay too. Why? Because the truth was before us and inside us.

Reactions: Zao is life
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Wow. I don't even know what some of those things are. And I've been a follower for some 45 years.
Here is what I believe.
I take the Bible as a child, with no agenda. I believe what God says in it without having to use fuzzy math to make it fir my system.
We would be wise to simply start reading, s l o w l y . Not through a year, slow a verse or two at a time. And let the Maker teach us. and not our religious leaders.
Yes, true, the bad religious leader will pay for telling us lies, but guess what, we the people of God will pay too. Why? Because the truth was before us and inside us.
Okay, TexFire316, I won't put you under any those categories. Thanks for posting.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grand experiment.

Because there are so many posters here, which it is sometimes hard to keep track of each persons fundamental position(s), especially when discussing.
I don't fit neatly within most of these the presets. I can say without qualifier that I am partial-preterist and monergist. Postamillennial ;): I believe the gospel will eventually spread over the whole world until most, but not all, believe in a manner consistent with the "dominion mandate" and the "great commission" so I guess I'd qualify as a small-d dominionist without the political agenda. Theonomist without the Reconstructionism. Covenant but not Replacement. Annihilationist, but with room for a protracted period of suffering before the cessation of existence.

Feel free to list that as you like.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't fit neatly within most of these the presets. I can say without qualifier that I am partial-preterist and monergist. Postamillennial ;): I believe the gospel will eventually spread over the whole world until most, but not all, believe in a manner consistent with the "dominion mandate" and the "great commission" so I guess I'd qualify as a small-d dominionist without the political agenda. Theonomist without the Reconstructionism. Covenant but not Replacement. Annihilationist, but with room for a protracted period of suffering before the cessation of existence.

Feel free to list that as you like.
I need a translator to even know what you wrote.... :)

can you do it like this...

"In your post, please keep it simple by saying....for example.... furturist, pre-trib
"

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Updated Per my answer - Amillennialist. Thank you.

list.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I need a translator to even know what you wrote.... :)

can you do it like this...

"In your post, please keep it simple by saying....for example.... furturist, pre-trib
"
Is evolution a category?

Upvote 0

christiansoccerplayer

Aug 6, 2013
✟47,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Grand experiment.

Because there are so many posters here, which it is sometimes hard to keep track of each persons fundamental position(s), especially when discussing. I am going to try on a voluntary basis, for each of you to fit yourself under each of these categories. Yourself only and not what you think someone else is.

In your post, please keep it simple by saying....for example.... furturist, pre-trib

Make a post, and I will add your screen-name alphabetically in each category. If there are some categories I left out - let me know.

Amil
kdm1984
mkgal1

Anytime rapture
Douggg

Covenant Theology

Dispensationalism

Michael Collum

Futurist
Douggg
Handmaid for Jesus
JIMINZ

Historist

Idealism interpretation

Mid-trib rapture

New Covenant Theology
Christian Gedge

Non-dispensationalist

Douggg

Partial Preterism
mkgal1

Post-trib rapture

Pre-mil
Douggg
Handmaid for Jesus
Michael Collum

Pre-trib rapture
Handmaid for Jesus
JustRachel

Pre-wrath rapture

dispensationalism, pre-trib rapture, pre-mill, futurist

Upvote 0